Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HyperNormalisation 00:31 - May 27 with 1505 viewsEbo

I just watched this on iPlayer, a seriously brilliant documentary which answers a few questions that a lot of people on here have been asking/discussing, Suicide bombers, Assad, Gadaffi, Trump, Blair, Putin it's all here.

It's a long film but nonetheless engrossing.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 0:32]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

HyperNormalisation on 06:06 - May 27 with 1464 viewsJackanapes

Bitter lake is on there as well. Also worth a watch.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

HyperNormalisation on 08:49 - May 27 with 1429 viewsdailew

3m Introduction to Adam Curtis.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

HyperNormalisation on 09:20 - May 27 with 1401 viewsdameedna

Documentaries for people who know very little about the world particularly syria and libya. Adam Curtis is a toy.
HyperNormalisation on 09:41 - May 27 with 1381 viewsLoyal

HyperNormalisation on 09:20 - May 27 by dameedna

Documentaries for people who know very little about the world particularly syria and libya. Adam Curtis is a toy.

Knows where the kettle is mind 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

HyperNormalisation on 13:44 - May 27 with 1319 viewsEbo

HyperNormalisation on 09:20 - May 27 by dameedna

Says the person who didn't even watch the documentary.
There's nothing in there that's untrue. It doesn't suit your agenda I guess so you'll dismiss it as fake news.

HyperNormalisation on 13:59 - May 27 with 1300 viewsLohengrin

HyperNormalisation on 13:44 - May 27 by Ebo

Says the person who didn't even watch the documentary.
There's nothing in there that's untrue. It doesn't suit your agenda I guess so you'll dismiss it as fake news.

In fairness, Ebo, from reading his posts over the last few years he has lived and worked in the middle east and he no doubt sees the situation as far more more complex than Curtis and his revealed truth.

I watched it in on catch-up after you'd suggested it. Perhaps it's just me but did you start to get the feeling about half-way through that you were starting to feel the effects of having smoked something you probably shouldn't have?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

HyperNormalisation on 14:07 - May 27 with 1287 viewsEbo

HyperNormalisation on 13:59 - May 27 by Lohengrin

In fairness, Ebo, from reading his posts over the last few years he has lived and worked in the middle east and he no doubt sees the situation as far more more complex than Curtis and his revealed truth.

I watched it in on catch-up after you'd suggested it. Perhaps it's just me but did you start to get the feeling about half-way through that you were starting to feel the effects of having smoked something you probably shouldn't have?

A good watch though. He was spot on about Assad and Gadaffi.
Trophy? Nah

HyperNormalisation on 22:44 - May 27 with 1218 viewsdameedna

I couldnt watch the Blair Witch project either. And me gran is from cwmgrach.

There are many accounts about the rulers of north africa, egypt, syria, lebanon, iraq, iran, israel.

I have no problem with Adam Curtis and his interests in popular culture. I had to fast forward in parts so could not watch it all.

The rulers certainly have ways of confusing people every street has a watcher who feeds information on inhabitants daily to the ministry of information. Bit like Google same aim really. Control and understand.

What he talks about is similar to Buzz Feed. Gets close enough to the truth and manipulates the medium. It reminds me of what the rulers do. A tad annoying when your job is to build something to design and budget. Politics is similar. Earning Eno a living in arts is really what Curtis did and i cant see that he has progressed.

I used to use a cafe so that i could detect what was happening on the street with the guys who would rise up. Curiously they knew they were infiltrated and they were effectively front line. The world is a series of tribes and national boundaries are political creations.

For example if i tried to remove a person from a project cos he was not performing or incapable his nationality would save him.

All of these guys own property in europe and usa. I know this because i rented property from them. As soon as it kicks off they go to study or set up business elsewhere and return later.

One guiding light are the clerics some of whom really care about their people.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 23:04]
Login to get fewer ads

HyperNormalisation on 23:18 - May 27 with 1191 viewsHumpty

HyperNormalisation on 22:44 - May 27 by dameedna

I couldnt watch the Blair Witch project either. And me gran is from cwmgrach.

There are many accounts about the rulers of north africa, egypt, syria, lebanon, iraq, iran, israel.

I have no problem with Adam Curtis and his interests in popular culture. I had to fast forward in parts so could not watch it all.

The rulers certainly have ways of confusing people every street has a watcher who feeds information on inhabitants daily to the ministry of information. Bit like Google same aim really. Control and understand.

What he talks about is similar to Buzz Feed. Gets close enough to the truth and manipulates the medium. It reminds me of what the rulers do. A tad annoying when your job is to build something to design and budget. Politics is similar. Earning Eno a living in arts is really what Curtis did and i cant see that he has progressed.

I used to use a cafe so that i could detect what was happening on the street with the guys who would rise up. Curiously they knew they were infiltrated and they were effectively front line. The world is a series of tribes and national boundaries are political creations.

For example if i tried to remove a person from a project cos he was not performing or incapable his nationality would save him.

All of these guys own property in europe and usa. I know this because i rented property from them. As soon as it kicks off they go to study or set up business elsewhere and return later.

One guiding light are the clerics some of whom really care about their people.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 23:04]

Which countries did you live in?
HyperNormalisation on 23:31 - May 27 with 1170 viewsdameedna

Libya egypt bahrain uae nigeria
Visited oman syria lebanon kenya ghana
the arab ones have very government orientated infrastructure very little private sector investment

You?
[Post edited 27 May 2017 23:51]
HyperNormalisation on 23:36 - May 27 with 1162 viewsHumpty

HyperNormalisation on 23:31 - May 27 by dameedna

Libya egypt bahrain uae nigeria
Visited oman syria lebanon kenya ghana
the arab ones have very government orientated infrastructure very little private sector investment

You?
[Post edited 27 May 2017 23:51]

Not quite as many.

Wales.
HyperNormalisation on 23:51 - May 27 with 1130 viewslonglostjack

HyperNormalisation on 23:36 - May 27 by Humpty

Not quite as many.

Wales.

I've been to Tenerife and Belgium

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

HyperNormalisation on 00:02 - May 28 with 1115 viewsHumpty

HyperNormalisation on 23:51 - May 27 by longlostjack

I've been to Tenerife and Belgium

Enjoy?
HyperNormalisation on 00:09 - May 28 with 1103 viewsDarran

I've been to Holland.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

HyperNormalisation on 00:13 - May 28 with 1099 viewsdameedna

Ill put the kettle on
HyperNormalisation on 05:32 - May 28 with 1019 viewsMeraki

Well I thought it was good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024