Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? 17:50 - May 27 with 3035 viewsPokerface

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:34]

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:11 - May 27 with 1145 viewsHumpty

And they use the blood of Christian babies to make bread.

Or was that the Jews?

I get my hateful propaganda mixed up sometimes.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:12 - May 27 with 1112 viewsDarran

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:11 - May 27 by Humpty

And they use the blood of Christian babies to make bread.

Or was that the Jews?

I get my hateful propaganda mixed up sometimes.

Only hot cross buns.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:14 - May 27 with 1130 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:10 - May 27 by swanjackal

But that is not affecting you, as the "laws" would not apply. You may not enjoy being amongst that community, and disagree with how they deal with things, but you yourself are not subject to those "laws". That is not the argument you set out at the start.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 20:47]

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:17 - May 27 with 1121 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Something tells me you really don't understand what it is.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:43]

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:19 - May 27 with 1111 viewsPokerface

Just seen that I have had posts removed from thread.

Ah well.

Enjoy the rest of your evening ladies and gents.

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:20 - May 27 with 1109 viewsswanjackal

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:14 - May 27 by Pokerface

[Post edited 27 May 2017 20:47]

Enlighten me then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:21 - May 27 with 1088 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:10 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

I'll give that a go now, cos she's still here.

Still here. Perhaps she's waiting till we've had tea. Otherwise this sharia thing seems to be a complete bust.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:21]

Poll: Tory leader

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:23 - May 27 with 1090 viewslondonlisa2001

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe the words a man must say are "Talaq talaq talaq".

I do not think it dissolves a marriage recognised by British law. Just sharia marriages.

So someone not married can get not divorced then?
Login to get fewer ads

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:26 - May 27 with 1081 viewsswanjackal

All this talk about love, marriage and sharia law has got this going through my head.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:37 - May 27 with 1051 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:23 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

So someone not married can get not divorced then?

Someone in a marriage that is not recognised by the state can still be granted a divorce by whoever recognises the marriage. I do not find that hard to understand.

In this case, sharia marriages are often not recognised by the state, however are recognised by these sharia councils and they can grant the request.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:38 - May 27 with 1048 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:21 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Still here. Perhaps she's waiting till we've had tea. Otherwise this sharia thing seems to be a complete bust.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:21]

I am glad you also think that many of their laws are very strange and do not fit into our culture and society.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:43 - May 27 with 1044 viewsGroo

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/

Groo does what Groo does best

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:49 - May 27 with 1030 viewswaynekerr55

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 17:57 - May 27 by Gowerjack

None.

Laws in the UK can only be set by a legally elected Government and enforced via the Judiciary.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 17:59]

This. Total bollocks in my experience my friend. I travel via Finsbury Park every day and have never encountered an Abu Hamza convention

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:51 - May 27 with 1020 viewsNeath_Jack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:49 - May 27 by waynekerr55

This. Total bollocks in my experience my friend. I travel via Finsbury Park every day and have never encountered an Abu Hamza convention

Of course it's not bollocks, Sharia Courts and their laws, absolutely exist in this country.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:53 - May 27 with 1011 viewsmorningstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:43 - May 27 by Groo

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/

OMG! You've Googled something!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:54 - May 27 with 1005 viewsswanjackal

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:49 - May 27 by waynekerr55

I think the closest thing to that happening at moment is if these guys showed up impromptu....

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:56 - May 27 with 997 viewslondonlisa2001

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:37 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Someone in a marriage that is not recognised by the state can still be granted a divorce by whoever recognises the marriage. I do not find that hard to understand.

In this case, sharia marriages are often not recognised by the state, however are recognised by these sharia councils and they can grant the request.

As I said, someone not married can get not divorced. I don't find it difficult to understand either.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 20:58 - May 27 with 921 viewslonglostjack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:51 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

Of course it's not bollocks, Sharia Courts and their laws, absolutely exist in this country.

Lots of them once you get west of Carmarthen.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 21:42 - May 27 with 893 viewscontroversial_jack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:51 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

They have no jurisdiction or legal authority to make any such laws, they are merely civil tribunals that consenting Muslims attend to arbitrate on certain matters that are non criminal. Nothing sinister about them at all
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 21:48 - May 27 with 887 viewsNeath_Jack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 21:42 - May 27 by controversial_jack

They have no jurisdiction or legal authority to make any such laws, they are merely civil tribunals that consenting Muslims attend to arbitrate on certain matters that are non criminal. Nothing sinister about them at all

I don't think anyone in this thread has said that they do have any jurisdiction. That's all anyone has said is that they do exist.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 23:12 - May 27 with 854 viewscontroversial_jack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 21:48 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

I don't think anyone in this thread has said that they do have any jurisdiction. That's all anyone has said is that they do exist.

Well, there we are then, it's a non issue.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 00:26 - May 28 with 818 viewsGroo

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:53 - May 27 by morningstar

OMG! You've Googled something!

Aye, comes in handy sometimes

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024