Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) 20:22 - May 27 with 1771 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Feature on Pearlman.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/05/22/Franchises/Swansea-Ci

Since the assumption exists that 17th place is the extent of the ambition going forward:

“If we’re on the edge of the relegation zone, we’re not going to hire 15 people to sell sponsorships,” he said. “But we’d be foolish to not begin to put together some kind of infrastructure to begin to do it.”
[Post edited 27 May 2017 20:26]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 21:29 - May 27 with 1633 viewslonglostjack

What came across in that article for me is the naiivity, the lack of awareness of the threat of relegation and it's impact on the commercial side. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson from what has clearly been a steep learning curve.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 00:35 - May 28 with 1485 viewsnyc_swans

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 21:29 - May 27 by longlostjack

What came across in that article for me is the naiivity, the lack of awareness of the threat of relegation and it's impact on the commercial side. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson from what has clearly been a steep learning curve.

not at all surprised to hear this. i was going on about this a couple weeks ago. even though americans understand the concept of relegation, it's not something they viscerally understand at all. hopefully this taught them a valuable lesson at the very least. smacks of naivety and arrogance.
In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 02:48 - May 28 with 1409 viewsphact0rri

Honestly, relegation and promotion, is what makes sport so exciting. I feel like I might be more interested in american sport if there were stakes.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 03:52 - May 28 with 1382 viewsTummer_from_Texas

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 02:48 - May 28 by phact0rri

Honestly, relegation and promotion, is what makes sport so exciting. I feel like I might be more interested in american sport if there were stakes.

It's the first thing I bring up when people ask me why I'm such a devoted follower of a PL, when I don't give a damn about MLS even though FC Dallas plays just a few miles from my house.

It would be an amazing concept to introduce to the sport of American baseball, to replace the traditional minor league affiliate system. As it is, the baseball regular season goes from April through September, and most of the clubs are playing with literally NOTHING at stake anymore by the end of July.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 06:39 - May 28 with 1331 viewsMeraki

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 03:52 - May 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

It's the first thing I bring up when people ask me why I'm such a devoted follower of a PL, when I don't give a damn about MLS even though FC Dallas plays just a few miles from my house.

It would be an amazing concept to introduce to the sport of American baseball, to replace the traditional minor league affiliate system. As it is, the baseball regular season goes from April through September, and most of the clubs are playing with literally NOTHING at stake anymore by the end of July.

I don't think anyone gives a f*ck about baseball mate, thanks though.
In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 13:57 - May 28 with 1103 viewsDafyddHuw

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 06:39 - May 28 by Meraki

Don't be a twät, Tummer is just saying how non-relegation doesn't work in the US.

No need to have a go at him.
In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 14:07 - May 28 with 1073 viewsJethroJack

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 06:39 - May 28 by Meraki

Once a Muppet, always a phucking Muppet.
In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 18:01 - May 29 with 862 viewsNirvana

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 03:52 - May 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Roland ffukkingg Lamah is on FC Dallas, Tummer.

I don't know if that's more of a reason to go to the games, though.

Honestly, probably more reason not to.
Login to get fewer ads

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 18:30 - May 29 with 805 viewsBanosswan

Baseball is shat mind.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 19:53 - May 29 with 709 viewsGlyn1

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 18:30 - May 29 by Banosswan

Baseball is shat mind.

Oh no it isn't.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

In Wales, a Yank Learns the Fear of Relegation (SportsBusines Journal) on 19:57 - May 29 with 694 viewsphact0rri

baseball is legit to bring up with, in relation to MLS, because its based on the Baseball system as far as I can tell, Its even called "Major League" like baseball is!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024