Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free speech. 20:50 - May 27 with 1728 viewsPokerface

A good thing as long as not threatening hurt and murder or ban it regardless.

Thoughts ?

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Free speech. on 23:06 - May 27 with 605 viewsPokerface

Free speech. on 22:59 - May 27 by ZZoric

Poker - clearly sees and speaks volumes - good on ya pal

Not really.

I live by....

Do the right thing

Say it as it is. If its wrong i will say. If its right i will say.

Some earlier wanted me to go into detail about a subject that was not right for the victims ... and then went on to joke about the victims. Horrendous. Ecb. Awful.

Free speech. on 23:09 - May 27 with 598 viewsZZoric

Free speech. on 23:06 - May 27 by Pokerface

Not really.

I live by....

Do the right thing

Say it as it is. If its wrong i will say. If its right i will say.

Some earlier wanted me to go into detail about a subject that was not right for the victims ... and then went on to joke about the victims. Horrendous. Ecb. Awful.

Ecb ?

- European Central Bank ?
- England and Wales Cricket Board ?

wtf ?
Free speech. on 23:11 - May 27 with 590 viewsPokerface

Free speech. on 23:09 - May 27 by ZZoric

Ecb ?

wtf ?

Yeh. Cricket.

Free speech. on 23:34 - May 27 with 546 viewsexiledclaseboy

Free speech. on 23:09 - May 27 by ZZoric

Ecb ?

wtf ?

ExCellentBestposter

Poll: Tory leader

Free speech. on 23:44 - May 27 with 546 viewsZZoric

Free speech. on 23:34 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

ExCellentBestposter

ecb - self-proclaimed, but of what subject ?

- cricket ?
- banking ?

give us a clue, (ec)boy

- football, would be good (planetswans n all)- give it ur best shot..........
Free speech. on 23:51 - May 27 with 524 viewsexiledclaseboy

Free speech. on 23:44 - May 27 by ZZoric

ecb - self-proclaimed, but of what subject ?

- cricket ?
- banking ?

give us a clue, (ec)boy

- football, would be good (planetswans n all)- give it ur best shot..........

All subjects. I rule all. Innit.

Free speech. on 00:13 - May 28 with 515 viewsZZoric

Free speech. on 23:51 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

All subjects. I rule all. Innit.

embarrassing - the most negative of posters - never a positive spin - always a loser

#ur negativity rules innit
Free speech. on 00:17 - May 28 with 501 viewsexiledclaseboy

Free speech. on 00:13 - May 28 by ZZoric

embarrassing - the most negative of posters - never a positive spin - always a loser

#ur negativity rules innit

Innit. Like.

Login to get fewer ads

Free speech. on 00:22 - May 28 with 500 viewsZZoric

Free speech. on 00:17 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

Innit. Like.

out of ur depth, fella

lets talk football.........innit
Free speech. on 00:25 - May 28 with 485 viewsexiledclaseboy

Free speech. on 00:22 - May 28 by ZZoric

out of ur depth, fella

lets talk football.........innit

At your pleasure... fella. Innit.

Free speech. on 00:33 - May 28 with 479 viewsZZoric

Free speech. on 00:25 - May 28 by exiledclaseboy

At your pleasure... fella. Innit.

u have no idea do u, really. rarely a positive post - even when we survived

the private frazer of PS
Free speech. on 02:54 - May 28 with 450 viewsphact0rri

I get the feeling people don't understand what "free speech" really is. You can say what you want to, but it doesn't stop from civil suits to be waged (hello Libel laws), and it can still be used against you in relation to laws you may be saying you are breaking.

It simply means you can say what you want, but you can't discredit other freedoms. such as racial epithets.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Free speech. on 07:09 - May 28 with 423 viewsLord_Bony

Free speech. on 21:52 - May 27 by Pokerface

As a poster, if you know that your post is more likely to be deleted ( mine were actually amended on old site so we have come a long way ) than others then it hampers all decent debate.

If a poster is more likely to be banned or post removed, than another poster because of their poster name rather than content of their post then all proper debate is lost.

Like fighting with one hand behind back. One half has to take real care with their posts. Other does not... some take full advantage.

There for all to see.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 21:54]

I'm sorry but a lot of this seems to be a figment of your imagination.

There is no mod on here deleting posts and banning people in order to take sides.

I noticed you edited a lot of your own posts on here last night and then came on blaming the site administrators.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Free speech. on 07:40 - May 28 with 381 viewsskippyjack

Free Speech.. as Lohengrin would put it.. it's a phrase often portrayed to cause civil disharmony amongst the populace.

There's not a specific definition to the word.. it's as wide as the unknown universe.. looking for it's supposed end.. the word "free" is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things.. because speech in it's essence is free (unless biological complications make it impossible).

People say free speech as if it's a valid claim to some form of fascist control and power, it's also used whilst attempting to masquarade it's essence as an anti-propaganda tool for some unified agenda against nothing but a mere 2 second sound from the main human communication centre..

But we'll only be going round in circles arguing the same rhetorical nonsense that could potentially make your blood pressure go through the roof and disrupt the cranium bossom.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 7:41]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Free speech. on 07:54 - May 28 with 370 viewsswanjackal

Free speech. on 02:54 - May 28 by phact0rri

I get the feeling people don't understand what "free speech" really is. You can say what you want to, but it doesn't stop from civil suits to be waged (hello Libel laws), and it can still be used against you in relation to laws you may be saying you are breaking.

It simply means you can say what you want, but you can't discredit other freedoms. such as racial epithets.

And again it is all dependent on where you say it too. The UK is poor on freedom of speech, much worse than the level in US, however it is light years ahead of some places, and not just developing countries. Canada in recent years looks like it has regressed its laws to authoritarian levels. Some countries, and organisations in those countries use the laws in a purely litigious money making way, manufacturing offence from very tenuous comments.

That's by the by though, the question initially asked about personal views on free speech, not so much the varying interpretations by governments on free speech, and, as said before, I believe speech should not be limited, no matter how hateful or bigoted it may seem, as long as it does not directly threaten violence. Let people judge others unfiltered. I know it will never be this way though, and it never really has since forms of legal systems were put in place. I just feel limits of speech quickly sees a slide into authoritarian regimes, facist even, where wrong think is punishable despite no real crime being caused other than to a persons feelings. Also, if you are to police speech, it has to be fair and balanced amongst all groups, regardless of creed, ethnicity, world views etc., or the laws, as we see often, are just a mockery of what they pretend to protect.

Edit: I should say also, if lies are propagated against someone in a personal attack, and are demonstrably false, then litigation is an option there due to libel/slander. May sound a bit hypocritical to what I have mentioned above, but to me there is a significant difference.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 8:14]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024