Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... 03:45 - May 28 with 4427 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I've got to give props to my friend Karl from California, who was sporting his Stateside Jacks T-shirt when he met the USMNT's all time leading goal scorer.

And yes, we (who are calling ourselves "Stateside Jacks" now, not my idea but as good as name as any, I suppose) have begun internally merchandising as part of our campaign to build club support over here. We even have some cool scarves.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 03:49 - May 28 with 3516 viewsJackfath

Big American flag, tiny swans badge. Hmmmmmmm

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 03:57 - May 28 with 3509 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 03:49 - May 28 by Jackfath

Yeah, I do wish they'd made the logo bigger..

I'm getting a couple scarves though which Melinda and I will wear in the UK next time we visit.

[Post edited 28 May 2017 21:15]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:02 - May 28 with 3502 viewsHumpty

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 03:49 - May 28 by Jackfath

Grow up. They're trying to get support for the Swans in America.

Snidey comments as usual.
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:26 - May 28 with 3481 viewsJackfath

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:02 - May 28 by Humpty

What are they trying to promote, the swans or the American flag? Just an observation, nothing snidey, or usual about my opinion.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:49 - May 28 with 3471 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:26 - May 28 by Jackfath

What are they trying to promote, the swans or the American flag? Just an observation, nothing snidey, or usual about my opinion.

Ok, full disclosure now. It's all a front to promote the flag.

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 06:03 - May 28 with 3430 viewsMeraki

I like the scarves.
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:34 - May 28 with 3301 viewsVetchfielder

I don't mind that T shirt but I think the morphing of our logo into the stars and stripes on those scarves is a terrible development, although maybe not unexpected . Sorry Tummer.

Proud to have been one of the 231

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:44 - May 28 with 3272 viewsandypitt56

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:26 - May 28 by Jackfath

its MERICA!! YEAH. they like to show the patriotism, that pretty normal for Americans tbh. its just a different culture, tbf the scarf looks alright.
Login to get fewer ads

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:52 - May 28 with 3249 viewsWhiterockin

If you want to be a true fan and integrate why bother with the USA/Stateside stuff. Wear normal merchandise and promote the Swansea brand.
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:57 - May 28 with 3229 viewsmonmouth

Not really bothered, and it's nice to get new converts, but what's wrong with our actual real club merchandise and badge exactly? We are not an American club and have zero connection with any flag except one with a big dragon on it. Or a red white and blue one if that's your bag.

Should we expect Bathgate jack to design a saltire based swan for the Jock Army next?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 09:21 - May 28 with 3133 viewsjack247

I think the top and the scarves look decent to be fair. Nice to see people making the effort
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 09:21 - May 28 with 3133 viewsDr_Winston

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:57 - May 28 by monmouth

Not really bothered, and it's nice to get new converts, but what's wrong with our actual real club merchandise and badge exactly? We are not an American club and have zero connection with any flag except one with a big dragon on it. Or a red white and blue one if that's your bag.

Should we expect Bathgate jack to design a saltire based swan for the Jock Army next?

Wouldn't have any problem with it if he did.

SCFC can be a broad church. If personalising the badge makes people feel like more of a part of things then all power to them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 09:30 - May 28 with 3096 viewsmonmouth

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 09:21 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't have any problem with it if he did.

SCFC can be a broad church. If personalising the badge makes people feel like more of a part of things then all power to them.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 09:38 - May 28 with 3061 viewsTNT

Crack on, I say. Come on you Swans!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 11:04 - May 28 with 2920 viewsGeoffThom

Looks good, you crack on fellas, ignore the usual snide feckers on here with their village mentality, as long as you follow scfc through thick and thin I don't care, you could be an outer Mongolian suppporter with you flag mixed in, as long as the love for scfc is there, yjb's
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 11:27 - May 28 with 2880 viewsunion_jack

Looks like a black and white minstrel under 'Jacks'. Or cant I say that these days

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 12:18 - May 28 with 2798 viewsRogerstone

Looks good to me!

Great to see support for the club all over the world

Obama is a huge Swans fan

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 13:43 - May 28 with 2687 viewsDafyddHuw

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 04:02 - May 28 by Humpty

I'm with JF on this.
While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 19:14 - May 28 with 2534 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 08:34 - May 28 by Vetchfielder

I don't mind that T shirt but I think the morphing of our logo into the stars and stripes on those scarves is a terrible development, although maybe not unexpected . Sorry Tummer.

To be clear, it's something a fan designed, not the club.

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 19:37 - May 28 with 2504 viewsEasternJack

I'll leave the fashion critique to the mumsnet brigade.

Did your mate Karl ask Donovan why he recommended Bradley to the new owners?
[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:38]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 20:56 - May 28 with 2424 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 19:37 - May 28 by EasternJack

I'll leave the fashion critique to the mumsnet brigade.

Did your mate Karl ask Donovan why he recommended Bradley to the new owners?
[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:38]

He said that he wanted to bring up BB, but didn't have time for a drawn out conversation.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 21:00]

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 21:04 - May 28 with 2395 viewsDarran

Is it legal to produce merchandise using the Swans badge then?
Serious question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 21:25 - May 28 with 2350 viewsEasternJack

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 21:04 - May 28 by Darran

Serious question.

It's not. Although we're not very good at protecting our IP. Another Dineen legacy.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 22:29 - May 28 with 2276 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 21:04 - May 28 by Darran

Serious question.

If I recall correctly, permission was granted by the club.

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 22:34 - May 28 with 2264 viewsDarran

While I'm a bit wary of bringing up the subject of Landon Donovan... on 22:29 - May 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

If I recall correctly, permission was granted by the club.

Sounds a bit weird to me. Not that I really give a fuçk though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024