Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hinterland 10:31 - May 30 with 880 viewsPegojack

Did anyone follow that Welsh police drama series on BBC Four recently?

I think they were trying to achieve the same dark 'tone' as all those cracking Scandanavian series in recent years like The Bridge, Beck and Wallander, but failed miserably in my opinion.

The atmosphere they generated wasn't too bad, but I felt they fell down on common sense plotting, which they sacrificed to raise the dramatic tension. For example, in that episode where they were chasing an armed fugitive who'd abducted his small son and had holed up in a remote farmhouse, keeping the widowed owner at gunpoint.

Of course, the rogue detective went out on his own to find him, despite an organized search going on, and was duly taken hostage with no-one knowing where he was. All they had to do was send the police helicopter out to the last known area he was in and spotted his car outside the farmhouse, but that was too simple.

Gave me a chance to brush up on my Welsh with the subtitles, anyway.
Hinterland on 10:34 - May 30 with 870 viewsWarwickHunt

Spot on. Beautiful photography with a heavy Scandi influence.

Scripts were pretty poor though.
Hinterland on 10:42 - May 30 with 859 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Started four years ago on S4C. Recorded in both Welsh and English. Some episodes are better than others but overall I have enjoyed all three series.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hinterland on 17:08 - May 30 with 776 viewstrampie

Top class all round, the episode mentioned by the thread starter featured the lovely Sharon Morgan as the older lady.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Hinterland on 17:15 - May 30 with 766 viewsBytholWyn

Started off on a great footing, but petered out. Moody scene setting, acting and background music was excellent, and in keeping with the noir feel. But some of the dialogue was weak, and the lack of character development disappointed.

Overall a pretty good effort, with some outstanding individual episodes. Something to build on for sure.
Hinterland on 18:47 - May 30 with 730 viewscatfunt

Shane williams should stick to the egg
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024