Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21770 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 13:59 - Jun 24 with 1256 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 13:38 - Jun 24 by dickythorpe

I really enjoyed the first 50 mins. They showed their class and calmness in the 2nd half.

It wont happen but I'd put Webb, Biggar and Tips in for 2nd Test.

Murray is kicking away possession and is quite lightweight, Farrell/Sexton too easy to penetrate, Teo should never have come off.
Biggar may get the backline going and Webb can be more of a physical threat with ball in hand!

Back row worked hard but are all too similar. Tips may or may not be able to create more but we need thinkers on the field.

As a rugby fan that first half was superb too watch and Liam Williams was like Phil Bennett there for that great try!

Turning point was that scrum on 54 mins, if they hadn't scored there it may not have been so emphatic a win.
I think the All Blacks were forced into errors we aren't used to seeing due to a very decent collective effort, however you don't turn over the AB's without going for 80 mins.

Spot on.

I'd drop Kruis, Furlong and George on that display too.
Official Lions tour page on 15:12 - Jun 24 with 1223 viewsPozuelosSideys

Thought both NZ second rows were outstanding. Absolute powerhouses. Its where they won the game

Was pleasantly suprised about the back line, they held their own for long periods. Need to be far more clinical tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official Lions tour page on 16:28 - Jun 24 with 1173 viewsFergal

Biggest selection faux pas ironically was NOT picking his favourite Warburton.
Official Lions tour page on 16:40 - Jun 24 with 1164 viewsJackanapes

Official Lions tour page on 16:28 - Jun 24 by Fergal

Biggest selection faux pas ironically was NOT picking his favourite Warburton.

Meanwhile back on planet swans..( Earth surely...Ed)

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Official Lions tour page on 17:07 - Jun 24 with 1140 viewsFlashberryjack

I really enjoyed the first 50 mins. They showed their class and calmness in the 2nd half.

Murray is kicking away possession and is quite lightweight, Farrell/Sexton too easy to penetrate, Teo should never have come off.
Biggar may get the backline going and Webb can be more of a physical threat with ball in hand!

Back row worked hard but are all too similar. Tips may or may not be able to create more but we need thinkers on the field.

As a rugby fan that first half was superb too watch and Liam Williams was like Phil Bennett there for that great try!

Turning point was that scrum on 54 mins, if they hadn't scored there it may not have been so emphatic a win.
I think the All Blacks were forced into errors we aren't used to seeing due to a very decent collective effort, however you don't turn over the AB's without going for 80 mins.

Owen Farrell was shyte,

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Official Lions tour page on 17:09 - Jun 24 with 1138 viewsFlashberryjack

Owen Farrell was shyte, Biggar to start for me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Official Lions tour page on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 1105 viewsdickythorpe

Farrell looked uneasy. Biggar offers more especially with Webb and Tips with him.

But these All Blacks don't have capitalise on any mistake made by the opposition.
Official Lions tour page on 18:38 - Jun 24 with 1096 viewsphact0rri

wasn't a fan of who ever the lions had on kicking duties, they surely had better on the benches. And I agree last night was a fun match to watch. And see the Williams/Davies running play with the combined squad was nice.

I just felt those short penalty tosses that ABS were doing seemed a little sketchy as far as sportmanship goes. I really think we should have went all out on the first test with the strongest squad we could field. Ah well its not as though we are really playing for anything so I hope the lads are having a good time and keep up the entertainment for us back home.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 20:04 - Jun 24 with 1053 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 18:38 - Jun 24 by phact0rri

wasn't a fan of who ever the lions had on kicking duties, they surely had better on the benches. And I agree last night was a fun match to watch. And see the Williams/Davies running play with the combined squad was nice.

I just felt those short penalty tosses that ABS were doing seemed a little sketchy as far as sportmanship goes. I really think we should have went all out on the first test with the strongest squad we could field. Ah well its not as though we are really playing for anything so I hope the lads are having a good time and keep up the entertainment for us back home.

They all say that these are the biggest matches of their careers mate, the pinnacle for every player is the Lions in NZ. That was the strongest team too, or what the selectors thought.

I think they'll give it another good lash but come up short again. I'd love to see the Blecks get done 2-1 through. It would shut the buggers up about everything for 12 whole years.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Lions tour page on 23:24 - Jun 24 with 1008 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Official Lions tour page on 11:00 - Jun 24 by max936

We came out strongly for the 2nd half but All Blacks being All Blacks snuffed any chances we had out, seemed liked they had 20 players across their defensive line, their ability to cut down the space is incredible, that said we were far to slow at the breakdown All Blacks tactic's and Murray speed of thought and deed helped there.
Ref missed a lot of All Blacks short forward passes though, but you'd expect that, back row Faletau apart weren't dynamic enough can't fault workrate though.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 11:01]

post of thread - x2

WG's breakdown comments were telling (esp round the 9 channel)

wouldnt be surprised to see an All-Welsh back row
Official Lions tour page on 09:56 - Jun 27 with 911 viewssherpajacob

A few putting their hands up for 2nd test places.

North, Biggar, and one of the players of the tour Henderson.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official Lions tour page on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 900 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 09:56 - Jun 27 by sherpajacob

A few putting their hands up for 2nd test places.

North, Biggar, and one of the players of the tour Henderson.

Willie John agrees

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/lions/legend-mcbride-calls-for-iai
Official Lions tour page on 10:24 - Jun 27 with 896 viewssherpajacob

Official Lions tour page on 10:17 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Willie John agrees

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/lions/legend-mcbride-calls-for-iai

They've all put their hands back down again.

Official Lions tour page on 09:27 - Jul 1 with 781 viewsshandyjack

Red card correct score, Lions have lost there heads a bit since. Reset at HT now and come out firing second hald

Official Lions tour page on 09:34 - Jul 1 with 771 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 09:27 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

Red card correct score, Lions have lost there heads a bit since. Reset at HT now and come out firing second hald

About fûcking time. The All Blacks have royally taken the piss for decades.

Deliberate, cynical and dangerous. Have a coconut, ref.

Heads in the fridge, lads. Winnable.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 9:34]
Official Lions tour page on 09:50 - Jul 1 with 753 viewsWarwickHunt

Itoje needs to come off before he gets a yellow.

Get Rhys Williams on.
Official Lions tour page on 09:51 - Jul 1 with 753 viewsshandyjack

this has been awful from the Lions second half, what has gatland said to them ffs

Official Lions tour page on 10:24 - Jul 1 with 733 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 09:51 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

this has been awful from the Lions second half, what has gatland said to them ffs

"Play with your heads up your arses and give away lots of penalties..."
Official Lions tour page on 10:30 - Jul 1 with 714 viewsshandyjack

Game on next week, watch the NZ press hound the ref to level things up

Official Lions tour page on 10:51 - Jul 1 with 682 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 10:30 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

Game on next week, watch the NZ press hound the ref to level things up

Fairplay to Vunipola played very well first half then proceeded to lose it for us in that 2nd half 5 pens in the first 15 mins of 2nd half strueth.

Itoje was superb, great Substitution to bring on Laws as well, Sinckler has got to start next week absolutely fantastic, aggressive strong and mobile.

Great game edge of the seat stuff.

Got a Bikesafe course next Saturday think I'll be postponing that one

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 11:13 - Jul 1 with 655 viewssherpajacob

I'm assuming Sonny Bill will be banned for next week.

Then again the IRB disciplinary panel is about as even handed as a FAW one.

Official Lions tour page on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 625 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 11:13 - Jul 1 by sherpajacob

I'm assuming Sonny Bill will be banned for next week.

Then again the IRB disciplinary panel is about as even handed as a FAW one.

I can't see anything other than a ban tbh.

Gatland, Reid and Hansen all saying Lions were the better team. Sadly I'm not convinced. Yes, we scored 2 tries to nil but we were playing 14 men for 75% of the game. We didn't get out of our half until the last 15 minutes and NZ could have been out of sight if they'd taken their kicks.

Still, set up nicely for next week. One of their best players out (though I'm sure he'll be well replaced). We must cut out the penalties conceded and go to them until the final whistle. That will give us a 40% chance I'd say!

Where is the ref from for the game. A lot will depend on him without a doubt. Really looking forward to it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Official Lions tour page on 11:48 - Jul 1 with 624 viewsSwansNZ

That's all.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 622 viewsSwansNZ

Official Lions tour page on 11:47 - Jul 1 by union_jack

I can't see anything other than a ban tbh.

Gatland, Reid and Hansen all saying Lions were the better team. Sadly I'm not convinced. Yes, we scored 2 tries to nil but we were playing 14 men for 75% of the game. We didn't get out of our half until the last 15 minutes and NZ could have been out of sight if they'd taken their kicks.

Still, set up nicely for next week. One of their best players out (though I'm sure he'll be well replaced). We must cut out the penalties conceded and go to them until the final whistle. That will give us a 40% chance I'd say!

Where is the ref from for the game. A lot will depend on him without a doubt. Really looking forward to it.

Sure it's another French ref next week.

Gatland said you had to put the win in perspective, playing against 14 for so long. Of course, we scored our first try when 14 v 14

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 617 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 11:51 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

Sure it's another French ref next week.

Gatland said you had to put the win in perspective, playing against 14 for so long. Of course, we scored our first try when 14 v 14

Good point about the timing of the first try. Maybe, who knows, we were thrown out of our step playing 14. I doubt it though, it's not like football in that respect.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024