Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21787 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 11:13 - Jun 10 with 1307 viewsmax936

For all the criticism Alan Wyn has had on here, he turned up today and some fair play to him, Liam Williams did himself no harm either he's a bit erratic sometimes but he did well, Sexton, Murray Farrell also on another point where doe Warburton fit into that side O'Brien was outstanding, there were many out on the field today who did very well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 11:53 - Jun 10 with 1275 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 11:13 - Jun 10 by max936

For all the criticism Alan Wyn has had on here, he turned up today and some fair play to him, Liam Williams did himself no harm either he's a bit erratic sometimes but he did well, Sexton, Murray Farrell also on another point where doe Warburton fit into that side O'Brien was outstanding, there were many out on the field today who did very well.

The two best players on the field by a country mile were Falatau and Farrell. Jones and Kruise looked good together and I think will start the first test, but Lawes might edge AWJ I suppose on age and athleticism now (not for temprement mind).

O'Mahony was pretty ordinary. Warburton will play if fit.

If Murray could pass properly, the Test 9 and 10 were out there today. Even then, they almost certainly were. Centres must have Joseph in there for me, to have any creativity. North is a shadow these days, but I think Gatland will pick him anyway, to see if he can just pull something out of he bag. Watson is a shoe in on the other side.

I would be tempted with Halfpenny at full back. Sadly, now he seems to have lost that burst, it blunts the attack a bit compared to Sanjay (Hogg should be nowhere near), but I think we will need a long range kicker for these tests.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Lions tour page on 12:21 - Jun 10 with 1264 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 11:53 - Jun 10 by monmouth

The two best players on the field by a country mile were Falatau and Farrell. Jones and Kruise looked good together and I think will start the first test, but Lawes might edge AWJ I suppose on age and athleticism now (not for temprement mind).

O'Mahony was pretty ordinary. Warburton will play if fit.

If Murray could pass properly, the Test 9 and 10 were out there today. Even then, they almost certainly were. Centres must have Joseph in there for me, to have any creativity. North is a shadow these days, but I think Gatland will pick him anyway, to see if he can just pull something out of he bag. Watson is a shoe in on the other side.

I would be tempted with Halfpenny at full back. Sadly, now he seems to have lost that burst, it blunts the attack a bit compared to Sanjay (Hogg should be nowhere near), but I think we will need a long range kicker for these tests.

I missed out Falatau my bad he was MOM for me Farrell controlled the game at centre which took the pressure off Sexton which helped his game, Murray had a great game, think is box kicks gets him the nod ahead of Webb, but I hate the kicking game.

Official Lions tour page on 15:18 - Jun 10 with 1223 viewsmagicdaps10

Official Lions tour page on 12:21 - Jun 10 by max936

I missed out Falatau my bad he was MOM for me Farrell controlled the game at centre which took the pressure off Sexton which helped his game, Murray had a great game, think is box kicks gets him the nod ahead of Webb, but I hate the kicking game.

Falatau was excellent.

Farrell and Murray have nailed the half back spots for the tests barring injury or a complete loss of form.
Sexton seems to be going backwards as a player ever so quickly. Fast approaching 32 and starting to show signs that age is getting the better of him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official Lions tour page on 15:24 - Jun 10 with 1218 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 15:18 - Jun 10 by magicdaps10

Falatau was excellent.

Farrell and Murray have nailed the half back spots for the tests barring injury or a complete loss of form.
Sexton seems to be going backwards as a player ever so quickly. Fast approaching 32 and starting to show signs that age is getting the better of him.

Played very well today, maybe it was the influence of Farrell outside him.

Official Lions tour page on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 1181 viewsKulusBeatFactory

pretty much all of the squad today played clever heads-up controlled rugby - very few mistakes

always expected murray and farrell to make the right calls - world class players rarely get it wrong

the likes of hogg / nowell / marler often get it wrong, so out of contention
Official Lions tour page on 16:45 - Jun 10 with 1177 viewsshandyjack

Official Lions tour page on 16:38 - Jun 10 by KulusBeatFactory

pretty much all of the squad today played clever heads-up controlled rugby - very few mistakes

always expected murray and farrell to make the right calls - world class players rarely get it wrong

the likes of hogg / nowell / marler often get it wrong, so out of contention

very few mistakes?

the game was full of loose passes and handling errors

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 17:28 - Jun 10 with 1145 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 16:45 - Jun 10 by shandyjack

very few mistakes?

Defensively superb though and that against one of New Zealand's finest attacking sides who hadn't failed to score a try for nearly 18 months or more, some achievement that.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 09:56 - Jun 11 with 1071 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Official Lions tour page on 16:45 - Jun 10 by shandyjack

very few mistakes?

i refer to decision making mistakes - the rubgy-intelligence stuff that controls and wins games;

macro level vs micro (which will also come when combinations gel)
Official Lions tour page on 11:57 - Jun 11 with 1045 viewsdickythorpe

This win was vital. The Kiwi media will not have expected that.

Tour back on the road, players boosted.
Official Lions tour page on 09:41 - Jun 13 with 972 viewssherpajacob

Biggar and Webb doing themselves no harm at the moment.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official Lions tour page on 09:43 - Jun 13 with 969 viewsdickythorpe

Nice try by Joseph created by Biggar.
Seymour with interception 15-10 to the Lions
Official Lions tour page on 09:46 - Jun 13 with 965 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 09:41 - Jun 13 by sherpajacob

Biggar and Webb doing themselves no harm at the moment.

Both on the bench for the test I reckon. Sexton has been dogshit and laidlaw significantly worse.

Despite Seymour's try, he and the Irish backs have been awful. No way should Warburton be anywhere near the test side either. Not fit. O Brien at open side.

Warburton trashing me second half.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 10:11]

Official Lions tour page on 10:31 - Jun 13 with 947 viewsmonmouth

So Farrell effectively lost that game with his arse falling out on a kick again. Interesting.

Good game though. Payne, Seymour, Nowell, Laidlaw, Best definitely out. AWJ, Henshaw and Cole have a lot to prove and doubt they'll make the starting cut, barring injuries.

Henderson, Webb and Biggar (if fit) put their hands up. Joseph might have played himself in. Halfpenny and Faletau welsh certainties now. Liam Williams or North may get one wing slot, one bench. Owens will bench.

Looking forward to these tests.

Official Lions tour page on 12:29 - Jun 13 with 897 viewssherpajacob

When Laidlaw comes on the backs go into slow motion.

Danny Care should be there as an option.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official Lions tour page on 13:21 - Jun 13 with 869 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 12:29 - Jun 13 by sherpajacob

When Laidlaw comes on the backs go into slow motion.

Danny Care should be there as an option.

Shit a brick, when I saw the teams I just realised Haskell was actually playing. Another one added to the no hoper list.

Official Lions tour page on 13:26 - Jun 13 with 861 viewsdickythorpe

Surprised they took Laidlaw instead of Care or even Gareth Davies!

The history books will only care about the Test results.
Official Lions tour page on 13:57 - Jun 13 with 840 viewslifelong

Official Lions tour page on 13:26 - Jun 13 by dickythorpe

Surprised they took Laidlaw instead of Care or even Gareth Davies!

The history books will only care about the Test results.

I thought it was a poor decision to go for that virtually unkickable penalty in the 77th minute, should have kicked in the corner, win the line out and score in the corner....job done
Official Lions tour page on 14:33 - Jun 13 with 819 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Either that or be patient and work towards the drop goal attempt
Official Lions tour page on 19:03 - Jun 13 with 763 viewsphact0rri

Really do wish I could sort out to watch some of these matches... but 12:30am kick off here is a tough ask... and doesn't seem like there's anywhere to watch them on replay. Sky really needs to get a subscription app.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Official Lions tour page on 19:19 - Jun 13 with 750 viewsswanjackal

Official Lions tour page on 19:03 - Jun 13 by phact0rri

Really do wish I could sort out to watch some of these matches... but 12:30am kick off here is a tough ask... and doesn't seem like there's anywhere to watch them on replay. Sky really needs to get a subscription app.

Flew bros channel on you tube

In several parts.

Just look on YouTube with basic search....eg. "British lions June Highlanders"
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 19:22]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Official Lions tour page on 19:23 - Jun 13 with 742 viewsmax936

All Blacks U20's giving their French counterparts a tattering 29 nil at Half Time on ITV4 now.

Official Lions tour page on 05:38 - Jun 14 with 688 viewsSwansNZ

Official Lions tour page on 19:03 - Jun 13 by phact0rri

You're not missing too much, a bit more kicking than in a football game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 621 viewsLegend83

Marty Banks, who kicked the winning points for the Highlanders, was playing with a broken rib! He already looks like a skinny geography teacher who has no right to be on a modern rugby field.

He looked like the Pirlo of rugby yesterday.

For the Lions, I thought Webb showed he is test bench as a game-changer in the 2nd half. Biggar did ok but didn't seem to be running the show like Sopoanga or Banks were.

The rest of the backs were average at best, Joseph taking the lights of his poor defensive performance with a good try.

Murray, Farrell, Teo, Davies, Watson, North, Halfpenny.

Those up front didn't do themselves any favours either - Best was ok and made one excellent turnover, Cole was beasted in the scrum, Sinckler the pick of the bunch.

Henderson was decent, Lawes good until he went off, AWJ savvy for the Warburton try but gave away a few silly pens. The back 3 were cr*p, Haskell in particular. Warbuton clearly not 100%, Stander (nice offload for JJ try aside) made very few gains despite all his carries.

McGrath, Owens, Furlong, AWJ, Kruis, O'Brien, Warburton (if fit), Faletau.
Official Lions tour page on 13:20 - Jun 14 with 595 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 11:30 - Jun 14 by Legend83

Marty Banks, who kicked the winning points for the Highlanders, was playing with a broken rib! He already looks like a skinny geography teacher who has no right to be on a modern rugby field.

He looked like the Pirlo of rugby yesterday.

For the Lions, I thought Webb showed he is test bench as a game-changer in the 2nd half. Biggar did ok but didn't seem to be running the show like Sopoanga or Banks were.

The rest of the backs were average at best, Joseph taking the lights of his poor defensive performance with a good try.

Murray, Farrell, Teo, Davies, Watson, North, Halfpenny.

Those up front didn't do themselves any favours either - Best was ok and made one excellent turnover, Cole was beasted in the scrum, Sinckler the pick of the bunch.

Henderson was decent, Lawes good until he went off, AWJ savvy for the Warburton try but gave away a few silly pens. The back 3 were cr*p, Haskell in particular. Warbuton clearly not 100%, Stander (nice offload for JJ try aside) made very few gains despite all his carries.

McGrath, Owens, Furlong, AWJ, Kruis, O'Brien, Warburton (if fit), Faletau.

I'd 100% go with that side you've picked, and I think that's pretty much what cementhead will pick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024