Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Internment 19:35 - Jun 4 with 2515 viewswestwalesed

How far off and is it even feasible? Personally I wouldn't like to see it. Anyone know anything about how it worked during the Northern Ireland troubles?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Internment on 19:37 - Jun 4 with 2031 viewsdickythorpe

6 pager by the morning.....
Internment on 19:40 - Jun 4 with 2027 viewswestwalesed

Internment on 19:37 - Jun 4 by dickythorpe

6 pager by the morning.....

I'm concerned it's not far off at all.

Internment on 19:42 - Jun 4 with 2016 viewsrock1n

Pros and cons with it, no easy answers.

Can act as a recruiting tool, but something along those lines might need to come in.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Internment on 19:44 - Jun 4 with 2002 viewsDarran

If the authorities had acted properly on the Manchester bomber there'd have been no need for internment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Internment on 19:45 - Jun 4 with 2000 viewsdickythorpe

Internment on 19:40 - Jun 4 by westwalesed

I'm concerned it's not far off at all.

I wasn't being flippant.
I think you'll get mixed answers on this.
Internment on 19:45 - Jun 4 with 1997 viewsrock1n

Internment on 19:44 - Jun 4 by Darran

If the authorities had acted properly on the Manchester bomber there'd have been no need for internment.

Darren they've foiled 5 plots aside from the 3 that have got through in recent months.

This is the scale of the problem we're dealing with

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Internment on 19:50 - Jun 4 with 1975 viewswestwalesed

Internment on 19:45 - Jun 4 by rock1n

Darren they've foiled 5 plots aside from the 3 that have got through in recent months.

This is the incredibly scary thing. There must be thousands of suspected terrorists out there.

Internment on 19:53 - Jun 4 with 1962 viewsFlashberryjack

A problem that all the f*ckwit racisits warned would happen......how thick were they.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Internment on 19:53 - Jun 4 with 1962 viewsDarran

I'm not disagreeing.

Internment on 20:32 - Jun 4 with 1923 viewsunion_jack

The only ones that are forgivable are those who the authorities say they didn't have were under their radar.

The Manchester terrorist was known to them. I bet the ones killed last night were known to them.

Now is the time that anyone known to the authorities - MI5, anti terrorist police etc. - are rounded up and dealt with. Whether that be internment under the philosophy that prevention is better than cure, then so de it.

We're too soft in the UK and put up withh too much under the guise of not wanting to offend. Time to change. Those who object can only countenance terror activity.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Internment on 20:43 - Jun 4 with 1898 viewsJack123

Internment on 20:32 - Jun 4 by union_jack

The only ones that are forgivable are those who the authorities say they didn't have were under their radar.

The Manchester terrorist was known to them. I bet the ones killed last night were known to them.

Now is the time that anyone known to the authorities - MI5, anti terrorist police etc. - are rounded up and dealt with. Whether that be internment under the philosophy that prevention is better than cure, then so de it.

We're too soft in the UK and put up withh too much under the guise of not wanting to offend. Time to change. Those who object can only countenance terror activity.

Good post.. It has got to the stage ages ago, that these measures need to be implemented.

libera nos a malo

Internment on 21:00 - Jun 4 with 1873 viewsHighjack

Nobody in this country should be locked up without a fair trial. Having suspicions that somebody might do something in the future is not enough to lock someone up. It's the absolute basis of our law of this country.

What we need is stringent anti jihadist laws that make it easier to get a conviction for just accessing extremist jihadist material, or attempting to contact a group or individual who promotes or encourages extremist views or jihad.

At the moment the authorities appear to be hamstrung by having to compile thousands of dossiers and monitor thousands of people and rarely get enough evidence to be able to ensure a conviction. We need an absolute zero tolerance approach to this. A person can get convicted quite rightly for downloading one inappropriate image of a minor. We need the same zero tolerance approach to these scummy bastards.

The problem I can see with this is the sort of people who will claim this is an approach that specifically targets muslims and is therefore racist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Internment on 21:05 - Jun 4 with 1843 viewsyescomeon

The worry with it is that if you have them all locked up there together then it just becomes one of these terrorist training camps but in the UK, will make the problem worse if they ever get out. Which brings up the question how long do you keep them in there for? And also where is there? Can't put them in prisons, would take up to much room. Do you build camps to put them in? Starts to go down a dark path quite quickly.

Upthecity!

Internment on 21:29 - Jun 4 with 1796 viewsKilkennyjack

Need to get them off the streets.

Deport or Jail. Immediate.

Get these dickheads under pressure. Now.

Beware of the Risen People

Internment on 21:31 - Jun 4 with 1789 viewsBanosswan

Raised pavements initially

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Internment on 21:34 - Jun 4 with 1775 viewssherpajacob

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Demetrius

History judges it as a very big mistake.

Many innocent people killed by the British army. A massive recruiting bonus for the republicans.

By internment you mean imprisonment without trial. The terrorists want to destroy the freedoms we enjoy and our faith in the rule of law. Internment would help them on that road.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something like " , those that give up freedoms in exchange for security will get neither freedom nor security."

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Internment on 21:36 - Jun 4 with 1765 viewsploppy

The numbers are scary. It's 3,000 being actively monitored and 20,000 others, or something like that - not sure what the exact terminology is. It's really not at all surprising that some get through.
Internment on 22:37 - Jun 4 with 1681 viewsLoyal

Internment on 19:53 - Jun 4 by Flashberryjack

A problem that all the f*ckwit racisits warned would happen......how thick were they.

Lovely ' go to ' word is racist.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Internment on 22:39 - Jun 4 with 1669 viewsrock1n

Internment on 21:36 - Jun 4 by ploppy

The numbers are scary. It's 3,000 being actively monitored and 20,000 others, or something like that - not sure what the exact terminology is. It's really not at all surprising that some get through.

That doesn't take account of their political arm, the spreaders of hate.

Internment on 22:49 - Jun 4 with 1640 viewsKerouac

Internment on 22:37 - Jun 4 by Loyal

Lovely ' go to ' word is racist.

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 22:51]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Internment on 23:08 - Jun 4 with 1603 viewsDarran

Internment on 22:49 - Jun 4 by Kerouac

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 22:51]

Got to be honest to throw a race card at May over Abbott is utter fuçking filth.

Internment on 23:27 - Jun 4 with 1568 viewsYossarian

Internment on 19:44 - Jun 4 by Darran

Can you explain this one?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Internment on 23:59 - Jun 4 with 1539 viewsEbo

Internment on 23:08 - Jun 4 by Darran

Got to be honest to throw a race card at May over Abbott is utter fuçking filth.

Yet live on TV on friday night May came out with a massive fib about Abbott, now I don't like Abbott as much as you but for her to come out and say "Abbott wants to destroy DNA on all criminal records" is scandalous and pathetic. Abbott actually said that DNA on people who are found innocent and have been proved to be innocent should have DNA records destroyed.

Big difference.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Internment on 00:16 - Jun 5 with 1525 viewsDarran

Internment on 23:59 - Jun 4 by Ebo

Yet live on TV on friday night May came out with a massive fib about Abbott, now I don't like Abbott as much as you but for her to come out and say "Abbott wants to destroy DNA on all criminal records" is scandalous and pathetic. Abbott actually said that DNA on people who are found innocent and have been proved to be innocent should have DNA records destroyed.

Big difference.

You don't like Abbott?

You lying cùnt.

Internment on 00:44 - Jun 5 with 1489 viewsDJack

Internment on 21:34 - Jun 4 by sherpajacob

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Demetrius

History judges it as a very big mistake.

Many innocent people killed by the British army. A massive recruiting bonus for the republicans.

By internment you mean imprisonment without trial. The terrorists want to destroy the freedoms we enjoy and our faith in the rule of law. Internment would help them on that road.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something like " , those that give up freedoms in exchange for security will get neither freedom nor security."

Deaf ears, sunshine. Those that understand this agree, whilst those that don't love their knee-jerk populism.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024