Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over The Rainbow 08:38 - Jun 5 with 6883 viewsattila_the_hun

after Ariana Grande performed it so beautifully I was waiting to see who's version people would buy, and this one is up to number 68 on the rock chart. Stunning but random https://www.amazon.co.uk/Over-the-Rainbow/dp/B00OU125LW/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=U

"I'm Free"

Over The Rainbow on 09:25 - Jun 5 with 2875 viewsWarwickHunt

Beautifully? Fück me - it was dreadful...
Over The Rainbow on 10:01 - Jun 5 with 2840 viewsmonmouth

Over The Rainbow on 09:25 - Jun 5 by WarwickHunt

Beautifully? Fück me - it was dreadful...

No mun, It was unbelievably moving. I had to leave the room after the first ten seconds.

People go and listen to that? Seriously?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Over The Rainbow on 10:07 - Jun 5 with 2827 viewsSTID2017

It's great that all those acts gave up their time to raise money, and that those caught up in the Manchester bombing were given prime access seats free.
However, most of the acts for me had limited appeal (with the younger set) rather than the wider appeal of the Live Aid concert.
I didn't watch it for that reason, but great effort by all concerned.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Over The Rainbow on 10:11 - Jun 5 with 2816 viewsSoberBaker

Over The Rainbow on 10:07 - Jun 5 by STID2017

It's great that all those acts gave up their time to raise money, and that those caught up in the Manchester bombing were given prime access seats free.
However, most of the acts for me had limited appeal (with the younger set) rather than the wider appeal of the Live Aid concert.
I didn't watch it for that reason, but great effort by all concerned.

"Raised money"?

You spelled "Raised profile" incorrectly there.

AMOW

Over The Rainbow on 10:12 - Jun 5 with 2808 viewsSTID2017

Over The Rainbow on 10:11 - Jun 5 by SoberBaker

"Raised money"?

You spelled "Raised profile" incorrectly there.

They are already high profile (how much more promotion do Take That need for example) but still gave their time for free

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Over The Rainbow on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 2724 viewsWarwickHunt

Over The Rainbow on 10:01 - Jun 5 by monmouth

No mun, It was unbelievably moving. I had to leave the room after the first ten seconds.

People go and listen to that? Seriously?

The X Factor effect, where chronic glissando abuse and misplaced melismas are wildly applauded.
Over The Rainbow on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 2721 viewsHighjack

Over The Rainbow on 10:12 - Jun 5 by STID2017

They are already high profile (how much more promotion do Take That need for example) but still gave their time for free

Gary Barlow will do literally anything for that knighthood.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Over The Rainbow on 12:38 - Jun 5 with 2670 viewsjack2jack

Isn't it amazing how cynical we have become as a nation and rightly so in some cases, but sometimes you have to just take things on face value and say good on them, there are some nice people in the world after all.
Login to get fewer ads

Over The Rainbow on 12:48 - Jun 5 with 2657 viewsNeath_Jack

Over The Rainbow on 12:38 - Jun 5 by jack2jack

Isn't it amazing how cynical we have become as a nation and rightly so in some cases, but sometimes you have to just take things on face value and say good on them, there are some nice people in the world after all.

Innit.

Justin Bieber (for example) hardly needs any extra publicity to further his earnings.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Over The Rainbow on 13:00 - Jun 5 with 2636 viewsmonmouth

Yes but the thread is about the singing quality of the caterwauling, pitch-defunct, girl singer, and the fact she made my ears bleed, not the intent, which is fine.

Over The Rainbow on 13:49 - Jun 5 with 2575 viewsjack2jack

Over The Rainbow on 13:00 - Jun 5 by monmouth

Yes but the thread is about the singing quality of the caterwauling, pitch-defunct, girl singer, and the fact she made my ears bleed, not the intent, which is fine.

I hear what your saying Mon, but as usual these threads morph into other topics, reading the above posts, which is why I posted what I did.
Over The Rainbow on 13:58 - Jun 5 with 2558 viewsLohengrin

Over The Rainbow on 12:48 - Jun 5 by Neath_Jack

Innit.

Justin Bieber (for example) hardly needs any extra publicity to further his earnings.

He doesn't need the money or publicity but I doubt it took much persuading to get the little tyke to jump on the first plane headed this way. Do you think he'll have to wait for Heaven to get his reward?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Over The Rainbow on 14:22 - Jun 5 with 2533 viewspencoedjack

Spot on

Damned if they do damned if they don't

Well done to those who put on a great show 👍
Over The Rainbow on 14:27 - Jun 5 with 2518 viewsperchrockjack

Like band aid it was a show with good intent but let's not be too naive about those who need adulation to make a living

Musically, to me, Grande is a staggering nonentity who s talent is a fraction of the great female artists of our time .

But, kids love her and it gives them pleasure so that fine.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Over The Rainbow on 15:50 - Jun 5 with 2456 viewsBrynCartwright

Over The Rainbow on 13:00 - Jun 5 by monmouth

Good on them for putting on a show for the kids, but Robbie Williams' attempts at hitting the high notes was just painful to hear. Apparently he was losing his voice or summat.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Over The Rainbow on 15:56 - Jun 5 with 2439 viewsploppy

There's only one version you need to listen to, from the late great John Martyn. No-one else comes close.

Over The Rainbow on 16:00 - Jun 5 with 2433 viewslondonlisa2001

I watched this last night and, despite having no idea who people were at times, I thought it was great.

And irrespective of her music (and I liked some of it), massive respect to Ariana Grande. This young woman, barely more than a child herself, must have been traumatised beyond belief last week. Knowing that children had died because she had put on a concert that they had wanted to see. But instead of shutting herself away, she's raised millions of pounds doing that benefit show, has visited the kids in hospital, and has paid for all 22 funerals. And she's put a smile back on the faces of her fans.

And some people just want to criticise and say she's only doing it for profile. A woman who (I found out yesterday), had already the second highest following on instagram in the world before any of this had happened! So it seems to me she doesn't need a higher profile anyway.

Absolutely brillliant of her. Her family should be extremely proud at raising such a fantastic young person.
Over The Rainbow on 16:05 - Jun 5 with 2421 viewsmonmouth

Over The Rainbow on 16:00 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

I watched this last night and, despite having no idea who people were at times, I thought it was great.

And irrespective of her music (and I liked some of it), massive respect to Ariana Grande. This young woman, barely more than a child herself, must have been traumatised beyond belief last week. Knowing that children had died because she had put on a concert that they had wanted to see. But instead of shutting herself away, she's raised millions of pounds doing that benefit show, has visited the kids in hospital, and has paid for all 22 funerals. And she's put a smile back on the faces of her fans.

And some people just want to criticise and say she's only doing it for profile. A woman who (I found out yesterday), had already the second highest following on instagram in the world before any of this had happened! So it seems to me she doesn't need a higher profile anyway.

Absolutely brillliant of her. Her family should be extremely proud at raising such a fantastic young person.

I agree with all of that in its entirety, but she can't frigging sing.

Which is what this thread is about <stamps feet>

Over The Rainbow on 16:08 - Jun 5 with 2416 viewsjack2jack

Well said Lisa, yes a magnificent effort by one so young full credit to her
Oh and I thought her rendition was vey good
Over The Rainbow on 16:14 - Jun 5 with 2405 viewslondonlisa2001

Over The Rainbow on 16:05 - Jun 5 by monmouth

She sang fine. She suffers with the usual 'trills and thrills' mania a lot of them have, but in honesty, a lot of people that our generation used to love couldn't actually sing very well themselves.

The stuff she did with the bloke who I have never heard of, but it seems is her boyfriend, I thought was good. And I realised this weekend that a song I had heard a lot in the gym and had no idea who it was but really liked, was her and Stevie Wonder.

Thank God Paul McCartney only sent a message - if he'd performed we would really have heard someone not being able to sing.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 16:16]
Over The Rainbow on 16:23 - Jun 5 with 2387 viewsABERSWAN

Over The Rainbow on 10:12 - Jun 5 by STID2017

I was impressed by Take That making the effort to perform,as they were already playing a sell out show in Birmingham later that night.
Over The Rainbow on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 2377 viewsmonmouth

Over The Rainbow on 16:14 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

She sang fine. She suffers with the usual 'trills and thrills' mania a lot of them have, but in honesty, a lot of people that our generation used to love couldn't actually sing very well themselves.

The stuff she did with the bloke who I have never heard of, but it seems is her boyfriend, I thought was good. And I realised this weekend that a song I had heard a lot in the gym and had no idea who it was but really liked, was her and Stevie Wonder.

Thank God Paul McCartney only sent a message - if he'd performed we would really have heard someone not being able to sing.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 16:16]

Pfft. You'll be saying Sonia and Tiffany couldn't sing next.

Ok, fair play, I give up. I'll take the muffs off the dog next time she's on. Promise.

To be fair, I have heard a lot worse. That Carey woman made me want to extract my own eyeballs with a spoon.

Over The Rainbow on 16:30 - Jun 5 with 2368 viewsLohengrin

"I watched this last night and, despite having no idea who people were at times, I thought it was great."

Ha! Don't worry, love. In my mind's eye you'll always be eighteen!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Over The Rainbow on 16:34 - Jun 5 with 2357 viewsFlashberryjack

Over The Rainbow on 16:05 - Jun 5 by monmouth

Beat me to it.......great intentions, unfortunately a very poor singer IMO.

But! she won't be the first or last pop singer that can't actually sing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Over The Rainbow on 17:02 - Jun 5 with 2328 viewslondonlisa2001

Over The Rainbow on 16:30 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

"I watched this last night and, despite having no idea who people were at times, I thought it was great."

Ha! Don't worry, love. In my mind's eye you'll always be eighteen!

Lol. Seventeen I think it was as it happens...

The funny bit was the string of people sending messages. Most of whom were greeted with screams by the young audience, so all obviously well known, and I didn't have a clue who the vast majority were. Not a clue. Not even for the ones that said their names.

Shocking. I really must get more up to date with music, I used to laugh at my parents and grandparents for not knowing who bands I liked were. I've become them :(
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024