Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any news from Trust or developments ? 10:22 - Jun 6 with 12918 viewsswancity

Just looked on Trust website but nothing

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:54 - Jun 11 with 1295 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:42 - Jun 11 by Meraki

Change the record

An incisive riposte there.

It's been said enough times in the past on here, in various forums, press releases etc that any major decision for the Trust... Such as whether to take legal action or not, to accept any theoretical offer or not, will reside with the members not the Trust board, as is only correct. The duty of the Trust board is to provide the facts, and its opinion, to the Members. Given some of the comments on here I though that needed repeating. And that will have to happen in the coming weeks.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:59 - Jun 11 with 1285 viewsE20Jack

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:29 - Jun 11 by Uxbridge

I would agree.

And remember, whether or not to take legal action would be a decision for the members, which is important to remember when accusations that the Trust board won't pull the trigger are thrown around. It won't be the Trust board making that decision.

There'll also be another decision for the members in terms of the Trust board itself in the near future too. Usual comment about how I hope those who are keen to drive how the Trust operates in the future put their names forward.

Its one thing putting your name forward, another getting elected. Any new people are on a hiding to nothing in reality, people will always tend to stick with the tried and tested in situations like this.

I do think anybody that has other commitments that cannot dedicate as much time to the cause as needed however, should step aside.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:03 - Jun 11 with 1273 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:59 - Jun 11 by E20Jack

Its one thing putting your name forward, another getting elected. Any new people are on a hiding to nothing in reality, people will always tend to stick with the tried and tested in situations like this.

I do think anybody that has other commitments that cannot dedicate as much time to the cause as needed however, should step aside.

Ah I don't know about that. I would expect someone presenting a compelling statement on why they would be an asset would do very well in an election. Plus there will be some who would give the benefit to some new faces. If it came down to a marginal call, I would.

I do agree that it's not for someone who can't commit a fair few hours to it though. Especially in the last 18 months it's taken over a fair chunk of everyone's time, especially those on the front line.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 19:06]

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:04 - Jun 11 with 1263 viewsswancity

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:29 - Jun 11 by Uxbridge

I would agree.

And remember, whether or not to take legal action would be a decision for the members, which is important to remember when accusations that the Trust board won't pull the trigger are thrown around. It won't be the Trust board making that decision.

There'll also be another decision for the members in terms of the Trust board itself in the near future too. Usual comment about how I hope those who are keen to drive how the Trust operates in the future put their names forward.

A decision for the members it is

But it's how the Trust report the findings that will be critical. So when asking for members to vote it depends on how it's worded. Effectively if you want members to vote in a certain way then you must advise them accordingly of expectations and recommendations.

But either way can you get on with it.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:14 - Jun 11 with 1244 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:04 - Jun 11 by swancity

A decision for the members it is

But it's how the Trust report the findings that will be critical. So when asking for members to vote it depends on how it's worded. Effectively if you want members to vote in a certain way then you must advise them accordingly of expectations and recommendations.

But either way can you get on with it.

Absolutely. The facts, pros and cons, need to be laid out without prejudice. The Trust board will come to a conclusion of course but it's only a recommendation not a decision.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:29 - Jun 11 with 1215 viewsQJumpingJack

Nookiejack - have you considered standing for the Trust board? You seem to have fantastic knowledge of the current situation. Would you consider?
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:42 - Jun 11 with 1200 viewsE20Jack

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:29 - Jun 11 by QJumpingJack

Nookiejack - have you considered standing for the Trust board? You seem to have fantastic knowledge of the current situation. Would you consider?

I'd second that. I always seem to agree with Nookie who says what I think, but puts it far more informatively and eloquently.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:04 - Jun 11 with 1183 viewsDewi1jack

Not sure when the present year subs runs out, but like quite a few out there, I'm considering not renewing next year.
1240 ish members now is going to be a dwindling number very soon- caused by a lack of communication, apparent inaction and the possibility of collusion between the Trust board (ex or present) and the snidey sneaky sell out b'stards, none of whom should be anywhere near a job at the club now.
Let alone getting shedfuls of tickets for their travel business.

Greatest respect for those willing to give up their valuable family time for the Trust. My job means I struggle to get home most nights through the week, let alone do a 2 hr drive each way to attend meetings.
Still, even in these difficult circumstances and some of the abuse you've all taken, a big thanks from me.

And due to this unwritten regulation that non trust members can't have a say on here about the Trust
Or we must run for the Board instead.
Hurry up and decide before my subs expire!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:42 - Jun 11 with 1153 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:29 - Jun 11 by QJumpingJack

Whilst not always agreeing with what Nookie says, someone with his passion would be absolutely the right sort of person to have on board.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:48 - Jun 11 with 1148 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 20:04 - Jun 11 by Dewi1jack

Not sure when the present year subs runs out, but like quite a few out there, I'm considering not renewing next year.
1240 ish members now is going to be a dwindling number very soon- caused by a lack of communication, apparent inaction and the possibility of collusion between the Trust board (ex or present) and the snidey sneaky sell out b'stards, none of whom should be anywhere near a job at the club now.
Let alone getting shedfuls of tickets for their travel business.

Greatest respect for those willing to give up their valuable family time for the Trust. My job means I struggle to get home most nights through the week, let alone do a 2 hr drive each way to attend meetings.
Still, even in these difficult circumstances and some of the abuse you've all taken, a big thanks from me.

And due to this unwritten regulation that non trust members can't have a say on here about the Trust
Or we must run for the Board instead.
Hurry up and decide before my subs expire!

That last comment annoys me when it pops up. Not everyone has the time to stand. Not everyone wants to, or feels they're right for it. Not everyone wants to. That's all fair.

However I do hope some of the passionate people who post on these threads and others choose to stand... Standing for the Trust remains the best way of fans influencing things, especially if you feel strongly about things.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 22:49 - Jun 11 with 1055 viewsswancity

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 19:14 - Jun 11 by Uxbridge

Absolutely. The facts, pros and cons, need to be laid out without prejudice. The Trust board will come to a conclusion of course but it's only a recommendation not a decision.

You're legal advice will point you in one direction or another. Simply, you then convey this to the members who you ask for support of the recommendations. Most will not understand it so will need guidance. Basically, the legal advice will be the route you follow. Anyway, more than enough time has passed now. Time for action not words. 👍

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:04 - Jun 11 with 1035 viewsDarran

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 22:49 - Jun 11 by swancity

You're legal advice will point you in one direction or another. Simply, you then convey this to the members who you ask for support of the recommendations. Most will not understand it so will need guidance. Basically, the legal advice will be the route you follow. Anyway, more than enough time has passed now. Time for action not words. 👍

Well it's not going to be conveyed to you because you aren't a member you thick twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:14 - Jun 11 with 1015 viewswhiterock

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:04 - Jun 11 by Darran

Well it's not going to be conveyed to you because you aren't a member you thick twát.

1800 are though who will give a mandate
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:20 - Jun 11 with 1009 viewsDarran

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 23:14 - Jun 11 by whiterock

1800 are though who will give a mandate

Absolultely but the knobhead I replied to won't be one of them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 10:35 - Jun 12 with 916 viewsDafyddHuw

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 18:54 - Jun 11 by Uxbridge

An incisive riposte there.

It's been said enough times in the past on here, in various forums, press releases etc that any major decision for the Trust... Such as whether to take legal action or not, to accept any theoretical offer or not, will reside with the members not the Trust board, as is only correct. The duty of the Trust board is to provide the facts, and its opinion, to the Members. Given some of the comments on here I though that needed repeating. And that will have to happen in the coming weeks.

Yes, but this situation has been public since THAT Chelsea game.
How long ago was that? A year and a half? And yet you post that the Trust board will provide the facts.

Is it not possible for you to empathise with the perception that the Trust have no appetite to do anything at all?
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:40 - Jun 12 with 859 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 10:35 - Jun 12 by DafyddHuw

Yes, but this situation has been public since THAT Chelsea game.
How long ago was that? A year and a half? And yet you post that the Trust board will provide the facts.

Is it not possible for you to empathise with the perception that the Trust have no appetite to do anything at all?

The Trust posted chapter and verse 6 months after that Chelsea game very publicly documenting everything that had happened to date. Over the last few months its been working with a top QC to determine what legal avenues are open if discussions with the Americans since the season end come to nought (or even just legal action regardless).

If the Trust had no appetite to do anything, none of that would have happened.

So aye, as we near the end of that process, again the Trust will again outline the facts to the membership. The difference this time is that a decision will need to be taken.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:17 - Jun 12 with 826 viewsE20Jack

I hope a Trust fully understand what Nookie has said here though, and relay that to the members. Because there isn't really any other viable alternative to legal action. Absolutely everything must be done to sell the shares now or protect the Trusts share value with new articles agreeable to the Trust.

Doing nothing and plodding along hoping relations imorove is absolutely not good enough. Relations can be the greatest in the world but unless either of the above is done, the Trust are reduced to insignificance in both share value and influence.

No brainier.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:30 - Jun 12 with 798 viewsDafyddHuw

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 13:40 - Jun 12 by Uxbridge

The Trust posted chapter and verse 6 months after that Chelsea game very publicly documenting everything that had happened to date. Over the last few months its been working with a top QC to determine what legal avenues are open if discussions with the Americans since the season end come to nought (or even just legal action regardless).

If the Trust had no appetite to do anything, none of that would have happened.

So aye, as we near the end of that process, again the Trust will again outline the facts to the membership. The difference this time is that a decision will need to be taken.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's taken 18 months to determine legal avenues and you're still umming and arring over what to do?
Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:37 - Jun 12 with 788 viewswaynekerr55

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:30 - Jun 12 by DafyddHuw

Are you seriously suggesting that it's taken 18 months to determine legal avenues and you're still umming and arring over what to do?

Probably, yes. Speaking from experience over litigation that took over 3 years for a poxy £22k freehold (unopposed), given the sums involved then this does not surprise me.

Does it make it right? No, but the wheels of litigation are slower than Bayo after a week at the buffet...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:47 - Jun 12 with 778 viewsNOTRAC

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:17 - Jun 12 by E20Jack

I hope a Trust fully understand what Nookie has said here though, and relay that to the members. Because there isn't really any other viable alternative to legal action. Absolutely everything must be done to sell the shares now or protect the Trusts share value with new articles agreeable to the Trust.

Doing nothing and plodding along hoping relations imorove is absolutely not good enough. Relations can be the greatest in the world but unless either of the above is done, the Trust are reduced to insignificance in both share value and influence.

No brainier.

Not quite true. If the advice is that there is no possibility of success ,then why pay the costs of action ,which might considerably diminish the healthy funds which the Trust has at present.
Also action could be to the detriment of future relationships with the American shareholders..Unfortunately the Trust is trying to recover a possibly lost situation.The advice of the legal experts needs to be heeded.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:47 - Jun 12 with 777 viewsswancity

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:37 - Jun 12 by waynekerr55

Probably, yes. Speaking from experience over litigation that took over 3 years for a poxy £22k freehold (unopposed), given the sums involved then this does not surprise me.

Does it make it right? No, but the wheels of litigation are slower than Bayo after a week at the buffet...

Litigation? They've only been seeking legal advice mun.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:49 - Jun 12 with 776 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:17 - Jun 12 by E20Jack

No brainier.

I'd urge a note of caution here. Nookie, by his own admission on this thread, is not a legal expert. Neither am I. The Trust has been engaging with a QC at the top of his field, and of course has an affiliated legal expert who has been engaged for a decade or so, so the legal opinions and options available will be stated.

Where I do agree, is that the options, facts, guidance and pros/cons of any action taken need to be outlined, some of which Nookie has outlined but there are many others on both sides of course as well as so many potential scenarios.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:55 - Jun 12 with 766 viewswaynekerr55

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:47 - Jun 12 by swancity

Litigation? They've only been seeking legal advice mun.

Yes, legal advice with litigation as a potential option. Remember, where possible the courts prefer the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) route before a claim is brought. ADR is very time consuming, but the best solution.

F*cking frustrating mind...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:57 - Jun 12 with 764 viewsUxbridge

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:30 - Jun 12 by DafyddHuw

18 months? You're a few months out there. Plus the latest path with the QC has been over the last few months only ... which, whilst taking longer than any of us would have liked, aren't something that can be done in a matter of minutes. Complex matter, limited availability, questions asked, information requested etc. It's not exactly like Googling.

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 16:56 - Jun 12 with 718 viewsE20Jack

Any news from Trust or developments ? on 14:47 - Jun 12 by NOTRAC

Not quite true. If the advice is that there is no possibility of success ,then why pay the costs of action ,which might considerably diminish the healthy funds which the Trust has at present.
Also action could be to the detriment of future relationships with the American shareholders..Unfortunately the Trust is trying to recover a possibly lost situation.The advice of the legal experts needs to be heeded.

Because there clearly is a case to be had, the QC will be simply determining the strength of the case surely (this assuming that The Trust has nothing to hide regarding the take over which I don't believe and hope isn't the case). The club was sold under the feet of the Trust against all agreements - there is clearly a case.

Unless the Trust has enough to already buy the club in the future then it does not have anywhere near a healthy bank balance and will never likely to. If the Trust ended up having to stay put then I could see that money ending up going to some local initiative or something. It would be dead money. Yes a lot of money in normal terms (is it 700k?) but absolute crumbs in real terms.

I don't want the Trust to become a Trust fund for local initiatives at the expense of exhausting every single avenue it was set up to defend.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 17:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024