Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we need more police and how do we pay for them 12:17 - Jun 7 with 1231 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Thought I would start a new thread as most of the other threads seem to be about people trying to score political points and resorting to abuse rather than sorting out the problem.

Who ever wins this election it is about time all our parties came together and set up a cross body committee at the time of terrorists' outrage. I would of thought a few basics questions need answering.

1) Do we need more police and how many?
2) Should all our policemen be armed?
3) How do we pay for it?

Currently we pay for our policing via the police precept on our council tax bill.
How much would you be all be prepared to pay extra police, 25% 50% 100% ?
I would happily bay about £50 more per year which is about a 33% increase.

Let the debate begin.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 1224 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yes, no and via taxation.
There is a current need to increase armed police numbers and there is a need for good community policing to help infiltrate any redicalisation groups.
Just like social care the priorities are changing and we have to accept we have to pay more for our safety and health care.
Coming back to the original question, it can be watered down or reversed if we are succesful in eradicating terrorism in the main. We are in it for the long haul however and our weak and reactionary PM writing policies on the back if a fag packet is not the answer.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 12:25]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 12:34 - Jun 7 with 1212 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good argument spoilt by your last line.

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 13:11 - Jun 7 with 1201 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 12:34 - Jun 7 by felixstowe_jack

Good argument spoilt by your last line.

Such a shame. That was my favourite bit. Have a look at the U turn Queen post ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 13:26 - Jun 7 with 1182 viewsperchrockjack

Possibly and we an finance by ensuring cRer criminals have all assets confiscated .

Victims of crime should be directly compensated by perpetrators

We need to smash legal loopholes that allow evil people to live well off the backs of us

I d like more prisons but ones with only basic human material needs and foreign prisoners kicked out of the country

I d like taxes hugely increased on drink tobacco and gambling and this late night madness stopped

Blairs brainwave costs the NHS millions just at weekends afree drink fuelled carnage

We need to hike up taxes on sugar drinks a d a moratorium of Burger King ,kfc and macdonalds in deprived areas. They are not what is needed

Mobile phones when used in car confiscated and cars impounded and sold for drink drivers .

No insurance minimum of £1000 fine

It's a start

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 14:35 - Jun 7 with 1144 viewsGlyn1

Teresa May cut the police numbers by 20,000 when she was in charge of them - very bad idea.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:06 - Jun 7 with 1124 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It was actually the local councils that cut police numbers they set the police precept in local rates. They could easily have put up the police precept up in they wanted more officers.

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:19 - Jun 7 with 1117 viewsSPboy

Yes we need more police on the streets. How long have we been saying that? There needs to be a balance between the paperwork they have to do and office time, definitely more on the streets though. Employing more may not necessarily improve the efficiency of stopping terrorist activity. Just think about council tax or any public service that we pay for, we pay more and more each year (above inflation increases) and get less and less for our money. Cutting numbers should be a no no.

More armed police should be ok, but not I don't think they can all be trusted with firearms. More teasers, more guns but definitely not all.

Pay for it by cutting the number of politicians, councillors, benefits cheats, taxing companies like Starbucks, Amazon, Apple, etc what they should be taxed. The average working person already pays more than enough income tax, VAT, council tax, etc.
Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:25 - Jun 7 with 1110 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 13:11 - Jun 7 by Private_Partz

Such a shame. That was my favourite bit. Have a look at the U turn Queen post ;-)

Backing your Shadow Home Secretary for months before dropping her so publicly on the final day before voting for a general election seems like the biggest U turn of the campaign to me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 1102 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:19 - Jun 7 by SPboy

Yes we need more police on the streets. How long have we been saying that? There needs to be a balance between the paperwork they have to do and office time, definitely more on the streets though. Employing more may not necessarily improve the efficiency of stopping terrorist activity. Just think about council tax or any public service that we pay for, we pay more and more each year (above inflation increases) and get less and less for our money. Cutting numbers should be a no no.

More armed police should be ok, but not I don't think they can all be trusted with firearms. More teasers, more guns but definitely not all.

Pay for it by cutting the number of politicians, councillors, benefits cheats, taxing companies like Starbucks, Amazon, Apple, etc what they should be taxed. The average working person already pays more than enough income tax, VAT, council tax, etc.

Good idea in principle but the Country is still spending £50,000,000,000 more per year than it raises in tax.

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:36 - Jun 7 with 1093 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:28 - Jun 7 by felixstowe_jack

Good idea in principle but the Country is still spending £50,000,000,000 more per year than it raises in tax.

Easy

Stop the corporations laundering it , close the loopholes

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:37 - Jun 7 with 1092 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 13:26 - Jun 7 by perchrockjack

Possibly and we an finance by ensuring cRer criminals have all assets confiscated .

Victims of crime should be directly compensated by perpetrators

We need to smash legal loopholes that allow evil people to live well off the backs of us

I d like more prisons but ones with only basic human material needs and foreign prisoners kicked out of the country

I d like taxes hugely increased on drink tobacco and gambling and this late night madness stopped

Blairs brainwave costs the NHS millions just at weekends afree drink fuelled carnage

We need to hike up taxes on sugar drinks a d a moratorium of Burger King ,kfc and macdonalds in deprived areas. They are not what is needed

Mobile phones when used in car confiscated and cars impounded and sold for drink drivers .

No insurance minimum of £1000 fine

It's a start

Some valid points there Perch.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:53 - Jun 7 with 1082 viewsNogginthenog

Yes we need more police, just print more money to pay for them.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 19:03]
Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 16:38 - Jun 7 with 1063 viewsmajorraglan

Do we need more police and how do we pay for them on 15:06 - Jun 7 by felixstowe_jack

It was actually the local councils that cut police numbers they set the police precept in local rates. They could easily have put up the police precept up in they wanted more officers.

How much drivel can you spout in one day?
The bulk of police funding comes through the Government which drastically cut its funding to the police along with a number of other public services between 2010 and 2015. Since 2015 the police budget has been protected. The police budget was earmarked for further cuts, however he government decided to protect the budget after the Paris atrocities.

This is all in the public domain if you want to check it out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024