Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final election predictions 19:44 - Jun 7 with 16249 viewsexiledclaseboy

What's yours? What you think WILL happen not what you WANT to happen. Post them here and we can all laugh at the wrong ones on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Tory majority of 53 I reckon.

Poll: Tory leader

Final election predictions on 09:13 - Jun 8 with 1369 viewsyescomeon

I think we will see Corbyn hurt by FPTP, that's a prediction. Lots of support, just support concentrated in large towns and cities.

Upthecity!

Final election predictions on 09:35 - Jun 8 with 1345 viewsWarwickHunt

Final election predictions on 09:13 - Jun 8 by yescomeon

I think we will see Corbyn hurt by FPTP, that's a prediction. Lots of support, just support concentrated in large towns and cities.

That was obvious from the start...I doubt if the Kippers have come back though.
Final election predictions on 10:01 - Jun 8 with 1318 viewssherpajacob

Final election predictions on 22:04 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

Getting back on topic...

Tory win with an increased majority. The size of the majority on the other hand could be as low as 20, could be as high as 100+.

Any increase will be a massive blow to Corbyn, if the Lib Dem number of MPs stays the same. Can see SNP losing some seats, if they lose to Tories and not Labour... Corbyn has problems.

Against an unpopular government who ran a poor campaign, for Labour to have lost any seats is a disaster.

If it's a Tory majority of only 20 , May won't last 12 months as PM, considering she said she needed a bigger majority to push through brexit, genuinely scary who would replace her though.

Then again I didn't think we could get a,worse PM than Cameron, I was wrong.

Personally even with a,large majority May is dead PM walking, as huge numbers of people and the "unbiased" media now see straight through her.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Final election predictions on 10:06 - Jun 8 with 1312 viewsHighjack

Final election predictions on 09:13 - Jun 8 by yescomeon

Yeah he'll get a good surge of votes in certain pockets of the country but there are huge swathes of the country where his message will fall on deaf ears. Can't see him winning much in Scotland. Middle England he has absolutely no chance. M4 corridor will be red as usual. It's the north of England that'll decide his fate.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Final election predictions on 10:13 - Jun 8 with 1300 viewsyescomeon

Final election predictions on 10:06 - Jun 8 by Highjack

Yeah he'll get a good surge of votes in certain pockets of the country but there are huge swathes of the country where his message will fall on deaf ears. Can't see him winning much in Scotland. Middle England he has absolutely no chance. M4 corridor will be red as usual. It's the north of England that'll decide his fate.

Interestingly he overtook the SNP in terms of popularity with young voters in Scotland. Whether that translates into seats will be interesting but irrelevant as he will have to work with SNP if he wants to form a government.

Upthecity!

Final election predictions on 10:18 - Jun 8 with 1289 viewsGreatBritton

Bookies rarely wrong. The post above that talked about the very vocal Corbyn supporters got it right. Despite an excellent campaign Corbyn is still seen as an old red looney by people who don't read or listen but just look at pictures of him wearing a Marxist cap. It beats me what they think about May when they see her hovering over a pie at a market stall in Worthing thinking "What on earth is that?" though.

BTW did anyone note the BBC newsreader's faux pas: "The politicians have been shaking babies ... I mean kissing babies and shaking hands"

Perhaps it was deliberate.
Final election predictions on 10:23 - Jun 8 with 1276 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Final election predictions on 10:13 - Jun 8 by yescomeon

Interestingly he overtook the SNP in terms of popularity with young voters in Scotland. Whether that translates into seats will be interesting but irrelevant as he will have to work with SNP if he wants to form a government.

If he makes considerable regains in Scotland then it's very much game on. If labour can show their brexit is going to be a soft one then no Scots second independence vote will be needed.

Wee Jimmy Krankie will be put back in her box

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Final election predictions on 10:24 - Jun 8 with 1274 viewssherpajacob

Final election predictions on 10:18 - Jun 8 by GreatBritton

Bookies rarely wrong. The post above that talked about the very vocal Corbyn supporters got it right. Despite an excellent campaign Corbyn is still seen as an old red looney by people who don't read or listen but just look at pictures of him wearing a Marxist cap. It beats me what they think about May when they see her hovering over a pie at a market stall in Worthing thinking "What on earth is that?" though.

BTW did anyone note the BBC newsreader's faux pas: "The politicians have been shaking babies ... I mean kissing babies and shaking hands"

Bookies are more reliable than polls, and Tory victory odds have shortened in last 24 hours.

Gower, which at one time was massive odds on conservative, is now almost neck and neck.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Final election predictions on 10:24 - Jun 8 with 1274 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Final election predictions on 10:13 - Jun 8 by yescomeon

That would be interesting. The SNP propping up a Westminster government which they desperately want to separate from.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Final election predictions on 10:25 - Jun 8 with 1270 viewsLohengrin

I would suggest that people who have both read and listened intently for the last thirty years or so are under no illusion as to what Corbyn is.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Final election predictions on 10:28 - Jun 8 with 1254 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Final election predictions on 10:25 - Jun 8 by Lohengrin

I would suggest that people who have both read and listened intently for the last thirty years or so are under no illusion as to what Corbyn is.

There you go again. Showing your bias

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Final election predictions on 10:28 - Jun 8 with 1252 viewsGreatBritton

Final election predictions on 10:25 - Jun 8 by Lohengrin

I would suggest that few apart from you and me have listened "intently".
Final election predictions on 10:37 - Jun 8 with 1241 viewsLohengrin

Final election predictions on 10:28 - Jun 8 by Brynmill_Jack

There you go again. Showing your bias

Bias? Oh! absolutely. When I was a youngster he and his sick-note Shadow Home Secretary would have regarded my death, and several other lads on this board as "a victory for all of us". Call me Mr Picky, Bryn, but that's the sort of thing that tends to stick in your mind.

Another bias I've shown openly on here is in favour of Michael Foot and concern that his legacy be seen in its proper light. You seemed to like that.

Final election predictions on 10:39 - Jun 8 with 1232 viewsLohengrin

Final election predictions on 10:28 - Jun 8 by GreatBritton

I would suggest that few apart from you and me have listened "intently".

Don't forget GCHQ, MI5 and 14th Int. I doubt they've missed so much as a syllable.

Final election predictions on 10:41 - Jun 8 with 1227 viewsPegojack

Yes, I heard the newsreader's slip of the tongue yesterday, one of the few smiles this campaign has raised in me.

I thought for a moment somebody had pressed the wrong button on the back of the Maybot (TORY HANDLER: "Oh feck, I pressed the 'shake babies' button instead of the 'kiss babies' one, quick, reprogram her...").

By the way, is a Breton fisherman's cap particularly Marxist? Just asking.
Final election predictions on 10:44 - Jun 8 with 1225 viewsLohengrin

Final election predictions on 10:41 - Jun 8 by Pegojack

Yes, I heard the newsreader's slip of the tongue yesterday, one of the few smiles this campaign has raised in me.

I thought for a moment somebody had pressed the wrong button on the back of the Maybot (TORY HANDLER: "Oh feck, I pressed the 'shake babies' button instead of the 'kiss babies' one, quick, reprogram her...").

By the way, is a Breton fisherman's cap particularly Marxist? Just asking.

I doubt he had haddock on his mind when he bought it, mate.

Final election predictions on 10:47 - Jun 8 with 1217 viewsPegojack

Final election predictions on 10:44 - Jun 8 by Lohengrin

I doubt he had haddock on his mind when he bought it, mate.

Final election predictions on 10:55 - Jun 8 with 1201 viewsmonmouth

Surely the last thing Corbyn would want is to win? The next 5 years should get us right to the bottom, and no excuses will wash. We'll surely be close to civil unrest as the NHS, doctors surgeries and schools visibly fall apart. Brexit wil be an incompetent charade. Scottish and Irish rampant politicking throughout. Poisoned chalice for a change in government if ever there was one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Final election predictions on 11:13 - Jun 8 with 1188 viewsPrivate_Partz

Final election predictions on 10:55 - Jun 8 by monmouth

Surely the last thing Corbyn would want is to win? The next 5 years should get us right to the bottom, and no excuses will wash. We'll surely be close to civil unrest as the NHS, doctors surgeries and schools visibly fall apart. Brexit wil be an incompetent charade. Scottish and Irish rampant politicking throughout. Poisoned chalice for a change in government if ever there was one.

If he gets in perhaps he should come out stoney faced after a few days and say he has seen the books and what a mess May and Davis have made of Brexit negotiations and we are now in for a very rough ride. When anything goes wrong then keep blaming the Tories. Similar to what Cameron and Clegg did when blaming Labour for the financial crisis and austerity. Seven years later and the Maybot still uses that one when desperate.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 11:17]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Final election predictions on 11:19 - Jun 8 with 1175 viewsLeonWasGod

Final election predictions on 10:55 - Jun 8 by monmouth

Exactly. And for the same reason part of me wonders whether the Tories have run such a sh*te campaign for the same reasons, but then I remembered that May would have stabbed her own granny to get on and there's no way she'll willingly give up her hold on power.

The consolation for more Tory government will be that they will have to take responsibility for clearing up the humongous farking mess they've made of the last 2 years.
Final election predictions on 11:24 - Jun 8 with 1164 viewstrampie

The UK electoral system is all about local representation, I can't understand why people would vote to be represented by parties based in England when it stands to reason they would be better of represented by a party purely based in Wales like Plaid that is guaranteed to put Wales interests first.

The more Plaid MP's in Westminster the stronger voice the people of Wales will have.​

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Final election predictions on 11:34 - Jun 8 with 1153 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I honestly don't know whether Plaid has a candidate in Swansea West. They usually do but I haven't seen a leaflet, a poster or had anyone knocking on the door.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Final election predictions on 11:46 - Jun 8 with 1134 viewsUxbridge

Final election predictions on 11:34 - Jun 8 by Joe_bradshaw

I honestly don't know whether Plaid has a candidate in Swansea West. They usually do but I haven't seen a leaflet, a poster or had anyone knocking on the door.

He's about 10. Came here but we were out.

Labour turned up mob handed. No sign of the Tories.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Final election predictions on 11:53 - Jun 8 with 1128 viewsscottishjack

There's a few comments on this thread about Theresa May not lasting till the next election, and I tend to agree. This was meant to be a victory parade for the conservatives and it clearly hasn't gone to plan...

Odds on another General Election within 3 years? If not less than that...?
Final election predictions on 12:06 - Jun 8 with 1114 viewsyescomeon

Final election predictions on 11:46 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

He's about 10. Came here but we were out.

Labour turned up mob handed. No sign of the Tories.

There's a really young candidate in my constituency. I guess they are going big where they have a (comparatively) "realistic" chance of getting anywhere, and half arsed elsewhere (the kid may be good sorry if he is, I don't know him).
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 12:07]

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024