Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final election predictions 19:44 - Jun 7 with 16082 viewsexiledclaseboy

What's yours? What you think WILL happen not what you WANT to happen. Post them here and we can all laugh at the wrong ones on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Tory majority of 53 I reckon.

Poll: Tory leader

Final election predictions on 18:16 - Jun 8 with 1295 viewsDarran

Final election predictions on 18:03 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

Nope, I'd have had the same view. Voting negatively just displays a lack of belief in anyone, anything...

reddythered = blueytheblue = borerythebore

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Final election predictions on 18:17 - Jun 8 with 1287 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 18:16 - Jun 8 by Darran

reddythered = blueytheblue = borerythebore

borery?

If you're going to insult at least have the respect to not make words up...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Final election predictions on 18:22 - Jun 8 with 1278 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just been and voted in Sketty. I've never seen so many people in the polling station and I'm usually the youngest voter there at 60. Large numbers of voters who barely look old enough to vote there today.
Make of that what you will...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Final election predictions on 18:30 - Jun 8 with 1258 viewsexiledclaseboy

Final election predictions on 18:22 - Jun 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Just been and voted in Sketty. I've never seen so many people in the polling station and I'm usually the youngest voter there at 60. Large numbers of voters who barely look old enough to vote there today.

It means that Labour is going to sweep to a historic and shock victory in Swansea West.

Oh. Hang on.

Final election predictions on 18:30 - Jun 8 with 1257 viewstrampie

Interesting, this election was looking like a boring one - the general consensus at the start seemed to be that there would be a landslide Con win, then as the weeks have gone on the general consensus was downgraded to just a standard Con win but with the Cons and Labour both gaining seats and the smaller parties losing out [with the exception of the SNP - they won virtually ever single seat they contested last time so even losing several seats will still be an excellent performance by them].
So all very boring but just looking at the very latest polls [by some obscure but apparently successful pollsters] then things might not turn out so boring after all, Cons might only win by a smallish majority and the smaller parties might do better than what they had looked like doing at the start of the election.

A hung Parliament would be great fun even more so if the smaller parties do well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Final election predictions on 18:31 - Jun 8 with 1250 viewsWarwickHunt

Final election predictions on 18:22 - Jun 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Beat me to it.

Edit: bugger! Meant to quote Clasey
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 18:45]
Final election predictions on 18:34 - Jun 8 with 1238 viewsexiledclaseboy

Final election predictions on 18:30 - Jun 8 by trampie

Interesting, this election was looking like a boring one - the general consensus at the start seemed to be that there would be a landslide Con win, then as the weeks have gone on the general consensus was downgraded to just a standard Con win but with the Cons and Labour both gaining seats and the smaller parties losing out [with the exception of the SNP - they won virtually ever single seat they contested last time so even losing several seats will still be an excellent performance by them].
So all very boring but just looking at the very latest polls [by some obscure but apparently successful pollsters] then things might not turn out so boring after all, Cons might only win by a smallish majority and the smaller parties might do better than what they had looked like doing at the start of the election.

A hung Parliament would be great fun even more so if the smaller parties do well.

A hung parliament and the ensuing aftermath would be hilarious I must say.

Final election predictions on 18:39 - Jun 8 with 1222 viewsWarwickHunt

Final election predictions on 16:13 - Jun 8 by TheKirkyLife

I'm predicting a record turnout for 18-24 year olds. My 18 year old brother who has zero interest in politics has even been out to vote. On the way there he still hadn't decided what his final vote would be but that his objective was 'to stop the Conservatives'.

Labour-SNP Hung Parliament in my opinion.

All it needs then is the 25-95 year olds to stay at home...
Login to get fewer ads

Final election predictions on 18:41 - Jun 8 with 1210 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 18:39 - Jun 8 by WarwickHunt

All it needs then is the 25-95 year olds to stay at home...

Being fair, his sample size of 1 has shown a 100% turnout. That's impressive.

Final election predictions on 18:43 - Jun 8 with 1207 viewsyescomeon

Final election predictions on 18:34 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

A hung parliament and the ensuing aftermath would be hilarious I must say.

Upthecity!

Final election predictions on 18:43 - Jun 8 with 1206 viewsWarwickHunt

Final election predictions on 18:41 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

Being fair, his sample size of 1 has shown a 100% turnout. That's impressive.

The lad has obviously done his research too...
Final election predictions on 18:58 - Jun 8 with 1161 viewscentrestandswan

Daily Mail has it sorted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4583726/Last-polls-suggest-Tories-pulled . No probs'.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Final election predictions on 19:00 - Jun 8 with 1152 viewsblueytheblue

It'll be all over just after 10pm when John Custice reveals his exit poll.

Final election predictions on 19:04 - Jun 8 with 1146 viewsJack_Meoff

Final election predictions on 17:23 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

There's everything wrong with it!

Can't find a positive reason to vote for Labour, Lib Dems, whoever - can only think of a negative reason to vote against someone rather than for someone.

Isn't that utterly depressing?

Under PR you'd have a point bluey old son.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Final election predictions on 19:09 - Jun 8 with 1137 viewsTheResurrection

Final election predictions on 20:20 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

Number please or it doesn't count.

So I know this is a bit of fun and a lot of guesswork, but just curious here, what exactly are you basing your figures on?

Because it can't be the relevant campaigns, the unprecedented amount of people following Corbyn around the country, the Facebook comments - surprisingly under publications like The Economist or Financial Times just for example - the live Facebook polls which show Corbyn literally streets ahead, the millions in public office including naturally the NHS, the police, teachers, or the youth who I doubt have given too much away to pollsters over the last few weeks...

What's going on here? Am I alone in my own little parallel universe or something?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Final election predictions on 19:11 - Jun 8 with 1129 viewsUxbridge

If turnout is high then that could turn a lot of things on its head. A low turnout and the Tories will romp to a majority, a high turnout and all things are possible.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Final election predictions on 19:12 - Jun 8 with 1126 viewsexiledclaseboy

Final election predictions on 19:09 - Jun 8 by TheResurrection

So I know this is a bit of fun and a lot of guesswork, but just curious here, what exactly are you basing your figures on?

Because it can't be the relevant campaigns, the unprecedented amount of people following Corbyn around the country, the Facebook comments - surprisingly under publications like The Economist or Financial Times just for example - the live Facebook polls which show Corbyn literally streets ahead, the millions in public office including naturally the NHS, the police, teachers, or the youth who I doubt have given too much away to pollsters over the last few weeks...

What's going on here? Am I alone in my own little parallel universe or something?

Polls mainly, which have consistently showed the Tories ahead by enough to increase their majority by varying degrees.

Trust me mate, nobody will be happier than me if my prediction turns out to be wrong.

Final election predictions on 19:15 - Jun 8 with 1114 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 19:12 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Polls mainly, which have consistently showed the Tories ahead by enough to increase their majority by varying degrees.

Trust me mate, nobody will be happier than me if my prediction turns out to be wrong.

Yeah but facebook polls mun. Can't beat those for accuracy.

Final election predictions on 19:16 - Jun 8 with 1116 viewsHighjack

Yep.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Final election predictions on 19:18 - Jun 8 with 1112 viewsPrivate_Partz

Final election predictions on 17:19 - Jun 8 by rock1n

The Corbynista brand is built on victimhood, they thrive off what they see as their enemies i.e. those that have temerity to disagree.

Blairites et al havent said a word for ages now.

Indeed. Plenty of victims of the Nasty Party in this country. They are the enemy. As for the temerity to disagree bit. You have the cowardly Maybot down to a tee there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Final election predictions on 19:30 - Jun 8 with 1073 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nope you are not. The Murdock press will skew everything they can however.
The problem for me is that the odds were stacked against JC as soon as he became leader. I am sure his popularity as increased but he has had a hiding from the negative media and the bitter Blairites creating divisions in the party as they believed he was unelectable.
May fell for the negative press Corbyn was getting and thereby thinking she was unassailable. It seems many in the PLP may have fallen into the same trap.
I cling to the hope that an upset will occur but it is a long shot based on the odds were stacked against JC from the off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Final election predictions on 19:33 - Jun 8 with 1062 viewswaynekerr55

Even though I was only 10 when Kinnock didn't get in, I seem to remember that people thought he would do it.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Final election predictions on 19:36 - Jun 8 with 1054 viewsUxbridge

Final election predictions on 19:12 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

You also have to look at who posts most online. It isn't pensioners, or the other demographics that vote Tory.

That's why the voting turnout is key. If it's high it means those traditionally less likely to vote, who Coincidentally are also those who post most online, are actually turning out. That could change everything as the Ashcroft polls show

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Final election predictions on 19:38 - Jun 8 with 1043 viewsexiledclaseboy

Final election predictions on 19:33 - Jun 8 by waynekerr55

Even though I was only 10 when Kinnock didn't get in, I seem to remember that people thought he would do it.

Polls were pointing to a Labour win in 1992. Major's majority was quite the shock.

By the way, I assumed you were well into your 50s.

Final election predictions on 19:42 - Jun 8 with 1027 viewswaynekerr55

Final election predictions on 19:38 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Polls were pointing to a Labour win in 1992. Major's majority was quite the shock.

By the way, I assumed you were well into your 50s.

Am but a relative spring chicken at 35 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024