Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) 22:06 - Jun 7 with 2087 viewsSwanzay

Having lived out of Swansea for a number of years, is he actually any good?

I remember him being a kunt with expenses and Wiki says...

A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. Please discuss further on the talk page. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraint_Davies_(Labour_politician)

Whats the local verdict? BTW Im not affiliated to any party...
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 07:15 - Jun 8 with 1636 viewsDr_Winston

I doubt many people have noticed his existence down here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 07:25 - Jun 8 with 1618 viewsJackfath

He let me down when I asked for his help.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 07:31 - Jun 8 with 1610 viewsexiledclaseboy

He's not exactly what you'd call proactive as a constituency MP from what I can tell.

Poll: Tory leader

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 07:55 - Jun 8 with 1591 viewsDr_Winston

Seems like one of those party hack / career politician types parachuted into a safe seat that he'll pay lip service to whilst being far more interested in the Westminster scene.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:07 - Jun 8 with 1578 viewsScotia

His photo on the campaign signs are bad enough, he's trying to be David Brent.

Even though I regularly speak to AM's and MP's in SW Wales through work, I don't think I've ever actually heard from him. I suppose that says it all.

He'll get elected though, probably with an increased majority.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 8:10]
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:15 - Jun 8 with 1554 viewsMorfa_Same

He spoke at the anti-brexit march a couple of months back (the one the BBC pretended didn't happen) and although he got some polite applause, he didn't come across as very inspiring.
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:41 - Jun 8 with 1531 viewsUxbridge

It's all a bit of a dilemma for me.

I'd vote Corbyn. However Welsh Labour (this is now a thing) have turned this election into the cult of Carwyn and a judgement on the Welsh Assembly. On what planet did it make sense to spend a fair chunk of their election broadcast on education and health when these are devolved issues? As for Geraint himself, Jobbie nailed that ... milked the system in Croydon (I used to go out with a girl in Croydon, it's easy enough to get to Westminster from there) and parachuted to a safer seat after losing that one on some tenuous local links, where he's proceeded to phone it in.

So, aye, I want to vote Labour but I can't. I did speak to the Liberal candidate and he seemed a decent sort so it'll have to be him. Not a snowball's chance in hell these days but I'll take the Economist's line of this being a long term view.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:44 - Jun 8 with 1520 viewsUppa_Swans

He's campaigned to make healthy food more readily available in schools, limiting the amount of fast food and its advertising - something I feel strongly about personally.

He's got absolutely zero charisma though.
Login to get fewer ads

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:14 - Jun 8 with 1487 viewsPrivate_Partz

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:41 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

I'd vote Corbyn. However Welsh Labour (this is now a thing) have turned this election into the cult of Carwyn and a judgement on the Welsh Assembly. On what planet did it make sense to spend a fair chunk of their election broadcast on education and health when these are devolved issues? As for Geraint himself, Jobbie nailed that ... milked the system in Croydon (I used to go out with a girl in Croydon, it's easy enough to get to Westminster from there) and parachuted to a safer seat after losing that one on some tenuous local links, where he's proceeded to phone it in.

So, aye, I want to vote Labour but I can't. I did speak to the Liberal candidate and he seemed a decent sort so it'll have to be him. Not a snowball's chance in hell these days but I'll take the Economist's line of this being a long term view.

Vote Corby mun. Unless it is tactically to get the strong and stable charlatan out
This is a national election. I am a card holding Labour supporter but would not touch Complacent Carwyn with a barge pole.
You can do both. Support JC and give the Cardiff Centric Tw@t two fingers at the next WAG election.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 9:27]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:18 - Jun 8 with 1470 viewsUxbridge

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:14 - Jun 8 by Private_Partz

Vote Corby mun. Unless it is tactically to get the strong and stable charlatan out
This is a national election. I am a card holding Labour supporter but would not touch Complacent Carwyn with a barge pole.
You can do both. Support JC and give the Cardiff Centric Tw@t two fingers at the next WAG election.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 9:27]

It's not just Carwyn though. I've got a real issue with the MP ... noticeable that there was not one single mention of Corbyn in his brochure. How could I vote for someone who clearly would not work with the Labour leadership in Westminster?

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:24 - Jun 8 with 1455 viewsSoberBaker

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:18 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

It's not just Carwyn though. I've got a real issue with the MP ... noticeable that there was not one single mention of Corbyn in his brochure. How could I vote for someone who clearly would not work with the Labour leadership in Westminster?

Same here.

Seeing his puss plastered around the gardens of SA2 is really starting to grind my gears.

Every time I see him, I'm still trying to work out WTF he's doing with that right hand of his

AMOW

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:29 - Jun 8 with 1442 viewsPrivate_Partz

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:24 - Jun 8 by SoberBaker

Same here.

Seeing his puss plastered around the gardens of SA2 is really starting to grind my gears.

Every time I see him, I'm still trying to work out WTF he's doing with that right hand of his

Bigger fish to fry guys. Vote for the twonk now. He will be hounded out if Corby wins anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 10:00 - Jun 8 with 1416 viewsdickythorpe

It's the new Umbro Swans kit in his right hand, it is very much like the 20008/09 design except that it's ALL invisible now, not just the logo.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 10:00]
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 10:07 - Jun 8 with 1408 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 08:41 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

I detest Carwyn and don't like Geraint for opposing Corbyn in the past.

I protest voted against Blair in the early 2000's but now we don't have New Labour. We have Real Labour.

I desperately urge you to reconsider, as any vote for anyone else than labour is a vote for the Tories indirectly.

Carwyn is a political non entity. He'll get his just deserts one day.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 10:13 - Jun 8 with 1402 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 09:18 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

That doesn't make sense.
Geraint and the other new labour wets didn't want Corbyn as leader because "he didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of getting Labour back into power". All of a sudden it's becoming a serious possibility that he rather unbelievably COULD return Labour back into power.

Don't waste your vote, every single Labour vote WILL count. Give him a mandate!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 10:15]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 10:29 - Jun 8 with 1376 viewswestside

Says he represents the labour and co-operative party ?

https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/elections/2015/post-66118/swansea-west
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 11:19 - Jun 8 with 1343 viewsAnotherJohn

I voted for Davies twice, but never again. I've listened to his contribution in televised debates and wasn't impressed. He has gone against the Party whip several times, usually not with a convincing counter case. Going further back in time, his record on expenses is dubious. Parachuting a failed Croydon MP into a safe Welsh seat hasn't been great for Swansea West constituents.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 11:23]
Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 11:48 - Jun 8 with 1319 viewsUxbridge

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 10:07 - Jun 8 by Brynmill_Jack

I detest Carwyn and don't like Geraint for opposing Corbyn in the past.

I protest voted against Blair in the early 2000's but now we don't have New Labour. We have Real Labour.

I desperately urge you to reconsider, as any vote for anyone else than labour is a vote for the Tories indirectly.

Carwyn is a political non entity. He'll get his just deserts one day.

Voting liberal is not a vote for the Tories in any way shape or form.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 1272 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 11:19 - Jun 8 by AnotherJohn

I voted for Davies twice, but never again. I've listened to his contribution in televised debates and wasn't impressed. He has gone against the Party whip several times, usually not with a convincing counter case. Going further back in time, his record on expenses is dubious. Parachuting a failed Croydon MP into a safe Welsh seat hasn't been great for Swansea West constituents.

I thought going against the party whip was a badge of honour in Corbyn's world?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 13:02 - Jun 8 with 1249 viewsswanforthemoney

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 11:19 - Jun 8 by AnotherJohn

Dubious ? his expenses record was an absolute disgrace.
I still held my nose and voted for him. My hatred of the Tory idiots left no choice really. To think I voted for this selfish money grabber and a party with Abbott in the shadow cabinet , just shows how pathetic the Tories and there campaign have turned out..
Part of my support of Labour in this election is a protest at the bias and lies printed in the Tory press. The reporting and personal insults of Corbyn has been a witch-hunt. I actually think the relentless biased reporting about 'useless' Corbyn actually gave May a false sense of security when she called the election in the first place. The Tories believed the stories that were being made up and relentlessly hammered home by the Mail, Telegraph, Express, Sun and the likes. It came as a surprise to them that a lot of people at grass roots level can actually think for themselves.

I stand in the North Stand

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 17:42 - Jun 8 with 1164 viewscentrestandswan

Having lived out of Swansea for a number of years, is he actually any good?

I remember him being a kunt with expenses and Wiki says...

A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. Please discuss further on the talk page. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraint_Davies_(Labour_politician)

Whats the local verdict? BTW Im not affiliated to any party...

Anarchist party couldn't organise an MP is it ? They couldn't get every member to agree on a time and place.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 20:54 - Jun 8 with 1073 viewsbarry_island

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 11:48 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

Voting liberal is not a vote for the Tories in any way shape or form.

Sorry Ux but after 2009 you can understand why people think it.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 20:58 - Jun 8 with 1065 viewsUxbridge

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 20:54 - Jun 8 by barry_island

Sorry Ux but after 2009 you can understand why people think it.

Fair but, like Labour, they're a different beast these days.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 21:04 - Jun 8 with 1054 viewsbarry_island

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 20:58 - Jun 8 by Uxbridge

Fair but, like Labour, they're a different beast these days.

Perhaps, but I'd describe the Libs more as a shadow of a beast than anything real at the moment.

Tonight may prove me wrong and they might pick up some seats in the south but I'd be very surprised.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 21:14 - Jun 8 with 1041 viewsUxbridge

Geraint Davies (Labour politician) on 21:04 - Jun 8 by barry_island

Perhaps, but I'd describe the Libs more as a shadow of a beast than anything real at the moment.

Tonight may prove me wrong and they might pick up some seats in the south but I'd be very surprised.

Oh I'm expecting the same.

I still don't see how it would be enabling May though. That's just silly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024