Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" 17:17 - Jun 9 with 13502 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/mosque-bacon-hate-police-cam

If you ask me, the real crime is wasting bacon like that.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:21 - Jun 9 with 4173 viewsLohengrin

Screw you, we're from Texas.....

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:26 - Jun 9 with 4161 viewslondonlisa2001

Stay classy Tummer.
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 4155 viewsLohengrin

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:26 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

Stay classy Tummer.

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:30 - Jun 9 with 4143 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:26 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

Stay classy Tummer.

No problem with that here, Lisa. Calling this a hate crime minimizes actual hate crimes.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:32 - Jun 9 with 4134 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:30 - Jun 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

No problem with that here, Lisa. Calling this a hate crime minimizes actual hate crimes.

What would you call it then?

Poll: Tory leader

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 17:34 - Jun 9 with 4130 viewsLohengrin

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:30 - Jun 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

I threw fish at the Pope. They charged me with a hake crime.

I know, I know...

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:36 - Jun 9 with 4118 viewsDarran

There's a reason it's bacon and not beef or chicken mind Tums.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:36 - Jun 9 with 4117 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:32 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

A prank.

A childish one, sure, but getting hysterical over it is a ridiculous reaction.

Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:38 - Jun 9 with 4110 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:36 - Jun 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

A prank.

A prank? F*ck my eyes.

Poll: Tory leader

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:41 - Jun 9 with 4105 viewslondonlisa2001

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:36 - Jun 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

A prank.

Oh FFS, it's not a childish prank.

It's a deliberate attempt to be utterly offensive and cause hurt to people because they have a different religion at a time where people should be doing everything they possibly can to unite against the outrage committed against all of us.
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 18:04 - Jun 9 with 4066 viewsFlashberryjack

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:32 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

A waste of good food.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 02:18 - Jun 10 with 3910 viewsnyc_swans

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:41 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

Oh FFS, it's not a childish prank.

It's a deliberate attempt to be utterly offensive and cause hurt to people because they have a different religion at a time where people should be doing everything they possibly can to unite against the outrage committed against all of us.

thank you, lisa.

do you know any muslims, OP? if you did, i'm sure you wouldn't have made this thread.
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 02:36 - Jun 10 with 3896 viewsphact0rri

I know you have a much different stance in politics than most here-- but I honestly didn't expect this from you. And if you don't understand how insulting (hate) and defacing property (crime) does not fall in a pervue, even discounting the ramifications of fear that comes from people committing an act to an already marginalized set of people. Well you might want to develop some empathy for people who aren't white, male and Christian.

And look at me I didn't even mention the victimized pigs and the implied violence of slaughter...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 02:38 - Jun 10 with 3881 viewsHumpty

Quite right Tummer.

I was once arrested for spray painting swastikas on my local synagogue. Charged me with a hate crime and everything.

How can writing on a wall be a hate crime? It's not like I killed anyone or anything?
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 02:58 - Jun 10 with 3870 viewsHumpty

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 17:38 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

A prank? F*ck my eyes.

The Trump is strong in this one.
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 05:35 - Jun 10 with 3858 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 02:38 - Jun 10 by Humpty

Quite right Tummer.

I was once arrested for spray painting swastikas on my local synagogue. Charged me with a hate crime and everything.

How can writing on a wall be a hate crime? It's not like I killed anyone or anything?

So placing bacon on a car = spray painting swastikas on holy Jewish property. OK, gotcha.

Again, while you try to pontificate and make yourself feel like a morally superior progressive, in reality you are simply minimizing what a hate crime is. And insulting actual, legitimate hate crime victims, including Muslims.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 6:01]

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 05:52 - Jun 10 with 3844 viewsEasternJack

Let's say I have a deeply held dislike for Brussels sprouts and find them disgusting to the point I refuse to touch them. Let's also say that some people who don't like me much know this fact and leave a Brussels sprout on my car bonnet.

Is that a hate crime?

Most would say not. I would see it as a childish stupid prank that warrants a verbal warning and nothing more.

We're far too accommodating to the false outrage of over sensitive minorities.

No need to go nuclear every time someone sensitive gets offended

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 06:14 - Jun 10 with 3824 viewsSgorioFruit

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 05:52 - Jun 10 by EasternJack

Let's say I have a deeply held dislike for Brussels sprouts and find them disgusting to the point I refuse to touch them. Let's also say that some people who don't like me much know this fact and leave a Brussels sprout on my car bonnet.

Is that a hate crime?

Most would say not. I would see it as a childish stupid prank that warrants a verbal warning and nothing more.

Correct,
That's one of the reasons why we in a mess.
Too much pansying around.
It's food FFS,
Move on

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 06:56 - Jun 10 with 3785 viewsskippyjack

It's offensive.. but I wouldn't be surprised if MI5 did this.. f*cking kids.. they'll do anything for a 5er the little b*stards what they are.

But comparing it to a Swastika being sprayed on a synagogue.. have they considered sectioning you Hump?

When did bacon ever kill anyone? The outbreak of swine flu?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 07:01 - Jun 10 with 3794 viewsJackanapes

I guess one of the joys of being liberal is that you have two extremes to look down your nose at. Double the fun.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 07:21 - Jun 10 with 3774 viewsskippyjack

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 07:01 - Jun 10 by Jackanapes

I guess one of the joys of being liberal is that you have two extremes to look down your nose at. Double the fun.

You can't see the wood for the trees can you..

1) This was done by kids
2) MI5 told the kids to do it for a 10er
3) why did they purposely do this?

It's so obvious.. some areas in London, you are not allowed to patrol the streets..

Now we've got 10 year old right wing extremists on the loose.. a Police presence is obviously needed in that area to protect the Muslims.

That's one of the joys of living in a specific area..

Random weird c*nt - I'll give you a 10er if you do this slightly naughty behaviour
Kids - we want a 10er for each car!
Random weird c*nt - you know you lot.. it's never straightforward is it.. (silently profiling the future criminals for intelligence purposes.. without even consulting police)

Trust me.. I have seen this before.. never be inquisitive kids, it gets you into trouble

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 07:32 - Jun 10 with 3768 viewsE20Jack

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 05:52 - Jun 10 by EasternJack

Is that a hate crime?

Spot on for my money.

I hate mushrooms, this isnt a joke i physically vomit if i place one in my mouth by mistake. My food has to be checked multiple times.

I often find them placed in the drawer of my desk. I have to get someone to remove it as I cannot touch them. I have never reported this as a hate crime to HR yet, maybe I should consider it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 08:08 - Jun 10 with 3723 viewsHumpty

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 05:35 - Jun 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

So placing bacon on a car = spray painting swastikas on holy Jewish property. OK, gotcha.

Again, while you try to pontificate and make yourself feel like a morally superior progressive, in reality you are simply minimizing what a hate crime is. And insulting actual, legitimate hate crime victims, including Muslims.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 6:01]

Really?

I honestly don't think there's any difference.

If someone sprays a swastika on a synagogue the message he is trying to express is "F*ck off Jews. We hate you!" I assume you agree. It's certainly not what I'd call a prank.

What message do you think the bacon leaver is trying to convey?

"Ha ha! This'll be a funny prank!"

Or,

"F*ck off muslims. We hate you!"

I'd say both would be an attempt to intimidate/harrass a group of people because of their race/religion. I'm amazed anyone thinks otherwise.
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 08:16 - Jun 10 with 3714 viewsHumpty

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to "bacon hate crime" on 07:32 - Jun 10 by E20Jack

Spot on for my money.

I hate mushrooms, this isnt a joke i physically vomit if i place one in my mouth by mistake. My food has to be checked multiple times.

I often find them placed in the drawer of my desk. I have to get someone to remove it as I cannot touch them. I have never reported this as a hate crime to HR yet, maybe I should consider it.

No. It's not the same.

That IS a childish prank. And if you can't sort it out yourself then yes, if you have such a visceral reaction to mushrooms and they continue to do it I would report it to HR.

It's not a hate crime though.

I can't believe I'm actually explaining the difference to actual grown ups.

There you go. It is Planet Swans after all.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 8:18]
Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 3702 viewsskippyjack

Cambridge police forced to allocate resources in response to on 08:08 - Jun 10 by Humpty

Really?

I honestly don't think there's any difference.

If someone sprays a swastika on a synagogue the message he is trying to express is "F*ck off Jews. We hate you!" I assume you agree. It's certainly not what I'd call a prank.

What message do you think the bacon leaver is trying to convey?

"Ha ha! This'll be a funny prank!"

Or,

"F*ck off muslims. We hate you!"

I'd say both would be an attempt to intimidate/harrass a group of people because of their race/religion. I'm amazed anyone thinks otherwise.

You're comparing Bacon to a Swastika..

Now I suggest you type in bacon on Google.
Then type in Swastika.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024