Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 70808 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 12:03 - Jun 17 with 1953 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 11:54 - Jun 17 by Humpty

You think?

I could provide Swanjackal with lot's of links of people attacking and killing people whilst shouting Trumpy MAGA nonsense. I just couldn't be arsed. He knows it happened. I don't need to provide him links.

He's one of those special people who will argue with you rather than admit he's wrong just for the sake of it.

He's done it with me before when he tried to say Trump was being completely honest for calling Obama a Kenyan for eight years, he did it with Lisa the other day when they argued about religion and she took him to pieces. I find it totally f*cking boring to argue with Dimmiesque types, who will continue arguing even when they know they're talking bollocks, just so they can say "I won." I recognise what is happening so stop immediately before getting drawn in.

I'm happy to let them, and dullards like you, think they've won. I don't care if I win Darr. I just say what I want to say.

I realise you can't understand that Darr. But we are very different people.
Life is too short. I genuinely can't be arsed.

BTW you pretending you actually agreed with Lisa earlier was f*cking classic. You f*cking whew.

I'm going out now. We can carry on after if you insist. I'd rather not. Bye.

[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 11:59]

When did you decide you can't be arsed then? You've been doing the same thing everytime you log in for the last two years.
Yes of course swanjackal (and everyone else) is always wrong and you're right.
Are you disagreeing that just about every post you make on here isn't about trying to ridicule and make someone look stupid because you don't agree with their opinion that they're completely entitled to have?

You're a pathetic bore now fuçking bore off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 12:36 - Jun 17 with 1892 viewsEbo

Raw and emotional. Comments?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

London tower block on fire on 13:14 - Jun 17 with 1856 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 12:36 - Jun 17 by Ebo

I thought Lisa said there was quite a few rich people living in the tower?

London tower block on fire on 13:19 - Jun 17 with 1852 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire on 11:17 - Jun 17 by Humpty

I haven't seen anyone mentioning skin colour or race. I've seen someone having a dig at muslims.

You can now tell me that a religion isn't race or skin colour etc so nobody is being racist etc so you win your little argument. I just think what Jackportis said was disgusting.

You're a bore Dai. This tragedy has nothing to do with race or religion. If you want to make a tiny little point about it though carry on. You've won. I'm not interested in winning.

Lucky you're not interested in winning.

Cos you never do.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

London tower block on fire on 14:04 - Jun 17 with 1806 viewsploppy

I was with him until he said the BBC is the mouthpiece of this government. I don't see that at all - the exact opposite in fact.
London tower block on fire on 14:45 - Jun 17 with 1777 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 13:14 - Jun 17 by Darran

I thought Lisa said there was quite a few rich people living in the tower?

Well people who can pay two grand a month for a 2 bedroom flat.

Some of what the guy says is very true. They are definitely trying to move social housing out of this part of London - probably to be able to rent out more flats at that price. The cladding I suspect is part of trying to make the blocks attractive to private renters, not for the 'rich' surrounding them. He's also right about the division being rich and poor not black and white.

But the party political stuff is untrue. Just a mile away, LBH&F (my council) is doing exactly the same. And they are Labour with a Labour MP. The new Labour MP for Kensington, sat on the bloody management committee of that block, the same management committee that everyone is blaming for not listening to them for years (which is quite obviously true).

As I say, being a political issue is different to it being a party political issue. If this had happened in White City say, the blame generated would not be anywhere near the local authority, simply because of its political colour. Some stuff goes way higher than Tory vs Labour. It's a general contempt for the 'underclass'. Reason? They don't vote. For anyone.
London tower block on fire on 15:12 - Jun 17 with 1755 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great post Ebsy. This is what the likes of Bluey and Perch will never understand, under a certain income level we are ALL scum to the Tories. We don't matter to them until election time.

I laugh when I think of those two thinking Teresa is their hero and she can't be bothered to speak to any of the public, not only after the tragedy but even during her election campaign!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 15:13]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 15:35 - Jun 17 with 1733 viewsdailew

3 months seems way OTT for me. No previous etc. Helped the firefighters.

Wonder how many responsible for the actual fire will do bird?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/16/man-jailed-sharing-photo-dead-grenfel

"A man who posted pictures on Facebook of the body of someone believed to have leapt to his death from the Grenfell Tower fire has been jailed for three months."

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 15:44 - Jun 17 with 1721 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 15:35 - Jun 17 by dailew

3 months seems way OTT for me. No previous etc. Helped the firefighters.

Wonder how many responsible for the actual fire will do bird?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/16/man-jailed-sharing-photo-dead-grenfel

"A man who posted pictures on Facebook of the body of someone believed to have leapt to his death from the Grenfell Tower fire has been jailed for three months."

He opened a body bag and put pictures of the person on Facebook and you think 3 months is 'way OTT'?

F******* hell.

What on earth is the matter with people.
London tower block on fire on 15:47 - Jun 17 with 1717 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 15:44 - Jun 17 by londonlisa2001

He opened a body bag and put pictures of the person on Facebook and you think 3 months is 'way OTT'?

F******* hell.

What on earth is the matter with people.

I think the problem is Lisa that he sentences dished out in this country overall don't make much sense.

London tower block on fire on 16:00 - Jun 17 with 1693 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 14:04 - Jun 17 by ploppy

I was with him until he said the BBC is the mouthpiece of this government. I don't see that at all - the exact opposite in fact.

BBC is right wing, Welsh experts looked into it (profs this and that) and they found them to be right wing, I always knew they were right wing as I have my eyes open but it made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

See their coverage of business v trade unions, Scottish referendum, Israeli Palestinian conflict blah blah blah.
The Beeb is a right wing instrument of the state, I know lots of different people that go straight to RT to get a balance when it comes to getting their news these days because of what they see is the bias of the BBC.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 16:04]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

London tower block on fire on 16:07 - Jun 17 with 1669 viewsWarwickHunt

London tower block on fire on 16:00 - Jun 17 by trampie

BBC is right wing, Welsh experts looked into it (profs this and that) and they found them to be right wing, I always knew they were right wing as I have my eyes open but it made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

See their coverage of business v trade unions, Scottish referendum, Israeli Palestinian conflict blah blah blah.
The Beeb is a right wing instrument of the state, I know lots of different people that go straight to RT to get a balance when it comes to getting their news these days because of what they see is the bias of the BBC.

Fück me - Welsh experts? On the internet, no doubt.
London tower block on fire on 16:11 - Jun 17 with 1659 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It seems profit before safety was the key .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

London tower block on fire on 16:13 - Jun 17 with 1642 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 16:07 - Jun 17 by WarwickHunt

S4C probably.

London tower block on fire on 16:14 - Jun 17 with 1640 viewsploppy

London tower block on fire on 16:00 - Jun 17 by trampie

Well, I'm sure you could provide links to support your side of the argument. Here's one (I know it's the Telegraph) that supports mine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10235967/BBC-is-biased-toward-
London tower block on fire on 16:19 - Jun 17 with 1624 viewsWarwickHunt

London tower block on fire on 16:13 - Jun 17 by Darran

S4C probably.

Another right-wing instrument of the state set up to appease a minority...innit.
London tower block on fire on 16:19 - Jun 17 with 1621 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 16:14 - Jun 17 by ploppy

Well, I'm sure you could provide links to support your side of the argument. Here's one (I know it's the Telegraph) that supports mine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10235967/BBC-is-biased-toward-

Humpty will have some,just let the sun go down so he can come out of his coffin and he'll get back to you.

London tower block on fire on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 1619 viewsexiledclaseboy

London tower block on fire on 16:14 - Jun 17 by ploppy

As I've said many times, the fact that the BBC is criticised regularly for bias from all ends of the political spectrum shows that it's as essentially as unbiased a news source as its possible to be in the UK.

Poll: Tory leader

London tower block on fire on 16:22 - Jun 17 with 1616 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 16:07 - Jun 17 by WarwickHunt

I don't know if the likes of Professor Justin Lewis, Dean of Research at Cardiff University and Professor Karin Wahl-Jorgensen before him are on the net, or Dr Mike Berry come to that.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 16:39]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

London tower block on fire on 16:36 - Jun 17 with 1588 viewsploppy

London tower block on fire on 16:21 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

As I've said many times, the fact that the BBC is criticised regularly for bias from all ends of the political spectrum shows that it's as essentially as unbiased a news source as its possible to be in the UK.

Apart for Laura Kuenssberg, obviously.
London tower block on fire on 16:50 - Jun 17 with 1567 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 16:36 - Jun 17 by ploppy

Andrew Neil was chairman of federation of Conservative students and a researcher for the Conservatives.

London tower block on fire on 16:53 - Jun 17 with 1562 viewsWarwickHunt

London tower block on fire on 16:36 - Jun 17 by ploppy

You appear to be confusing presenters with editorial policy...
London tower block on fire on 16:55 - Jun 17 with 1557 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 16:50 - Jun 17 by trampie

Andrew Neil was chairman of federation of Conservative students and a researcher for the Conservatives.

So what?

Andrew Marr was the running mate of Jon Lansman for the presidency of the Cambridge Union.
London tower block on fire on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 1548 viewstrampie

Check out 'Yesterdays Men', said to be David Dimbleby idea, some say the biggest scandal in TV.

London tower block on fire on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 1548 viewsploppy

London tower block on fire on 16:53 - Jun 17 by WarwickHunt

You appear to be confusing presenters with editorial policy...

It was slightly tongue-in-cheek. However, LK's dislike of TM is quite obvious. Mind you, I think it's mutual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024