Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71571 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 2580 viewsLohengrin

London tower block on fire on 12:16 - Jun 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree with the absolute nightmare of knowing who is where. And an amnesty? Absolutely. We don't want people going through this and then having the trauma of deportation.

As for no D notice, they would say if there was one though surely (and I know, you're going to say that they can't win regarding what I say there).

But I have never seen a situation where the papers are silent on the POTENTIAL number of casualties. Now perhaps they've been taking decency pills but I'm more inclined to think that , with no D notice in force there must be some other motivation for this ignorance of this rather large Elephant in the room.

The tragic events of Finsbury park have shifted focus with amazing speed away from Grenfell house. And Brexit is now top of the pile. With respect neither is more important , anywhere near as much as this terrible event. The government should have called off the negotiations indefinitely to concentrate on this situation. Finsbury park obviously mustn't be forgotten but at least the d*ckhead is in custody.

They're just hiding away from the enormity of this catastrophe. And still there are reports of victims sleeping in cars and in parks . WTF?????

"And Brexit is now top of the pile. With respect neither is more important , anywhere near as much as this terrible event. The government should have called off the negotiations indefinitely to concentrate on this situation."

Bryn, get a grip.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

London tower block on fire on 16:46 - Jun 20 with 2530 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 16:00 - Jun 20 by Lohengrin

"And Brexit is now top of the pile. With respect neither is more important , anywhere near as much as this terrible event. The government should have called off the negotiations indefinitely to concentrate on this situation."

Bryn, get a grip.

Predictable . Apart from this situation the government is wandering blindly into there negotiations and David Davis has already had his pants yanked down.

Corporate manslaughter against ethnic minorities - I kind of expected it wouldn't have been high on your priority list anyway.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 18:46]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 21:50 - Jun 20 with 2453 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.facebook.com/UnityMarchUK/photos/a.989592134455649.1073741828.987436

Probably doesn't mean anything as he is guessing like the rest of us. He seems to think that there were a lot more people in there too.

London tower block on fire on 22:01 - Jun 20 with 2441 viewsDarran

That Brynmill twát sounds like Gandhi on acid.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 22:08 - Jun 20 with 2428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 22:01 - Jun 20 by Darran

That Brynmill twát sounds like Gandhi on acid.

Hey! nice to have you back !

London tower block on fire on 14:19 - Jun 21 with 2353 viewslondonlisa2001

While sixth form politics has talked about 'occupying homes' and is 'marching for justice', grown up politics has resulted in 68 flats being purchased by the 'capitalist wan*ers' The City of London Corporation (so beloved by some on here) and given to the RBKC for the permanent use of Grenfell residents. In an act that should be roundly applauded by all, the other 'capitalist wan*ers' Berkeley Homes and Prudential Assurance, through their joint venture St Edward, have made the flats available at cost price for the purpose.
Government has provide additional funding to get the flats finished months before they were scheduled to be completed.
This block, which is 5 minutes down the road from me and is on Kensington High Street, sees flats starting at £1.5m for private residents.

A fantastic act by all concerned.
London tower block on fire on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 2331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 14:19 - Jun 21 by londonlisa2001

While sixth form politics has talked about 'occupying homes' and is 'marching for justice', grown up politics has resulted in 68 flats being purchased by the 'capitalist wan*ers' The City of London Corporation (so beloved by some on here) and given to the RBKC for the permanent use of Grenfell residents. In an act that should be roundly applauded by all, the other 'capitalist wan*ers' Berkeley Homes and Prudential Assurance, through their joint venture St Edward, have made the flats available at cost price for the purpose.
Government has provide additional funding to get the flats finished months before they were scheduled to be completed.
This block, which is 5 minutes down the road from me and is on Kensington High Street, sees flats starting at £1.5m for private residents.

Fair play that's a great gesture. These people have had enough disruption so at least they don't have to leave London.

I don't think that it's fair to brand the thinking behind requisitioning homes as sixth form politics Lisa. There simply didn't seem to be many other options at the time. No need for that now thanks to the CoLC.

Marching for justice though? I think they're entitled to. That's not political. That's for the poor souls whose DNA has evaporated.

London tower block on fire on 14:59 - Jun 21 with 2316 viewsfelixstowe_jack

London tower block on fire on 14:19 - Jun 21 by londonlisa2001

Great news and action by the government. Much better than the sound bites and confiscating of property by you who.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 2297 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 14:33 - Jun 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play that's a great gesture. These people have had enough disruption so at least they don't have to leave London.

I don't think that it's fair to brand the thinking behind requisitioning homes as sixth form politics Lisa. There simply didn't seem to be many other options at the time. No need for that now thanks to the CoLC.

Marching for justice though? I think they're entitled to. That's not political. That's for the poor souls whose DNA has evaporated.

I cannot describe how awful I believe them highjacking Grenfell for this is Brynnie.

It's not for the poor souls, it is using the poor souls.

This is from Clement James centre (the people at the forefront of the relief efforts).

"We cannot emphasise enough how against this many of the affected residents we've spoken to are and they do not want their grief hijacked for any violent or destructive means," a spokesman said."

As I said earlier, it's as bad as the right wing groups highjacking a terrorist atrocity for their purposes.
London tower block on fire on 20:36 - Jun 21 with 2226 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 15:20 - Jun 21 by londonlisa2001

I cannot describe how awful I believe them highjacking Grenfell for this is Brynnie.

It's not for the poor souls, it is using the poor souls.

This is from Clement James centre (the people at the forefront of the relief efforts).

"We cannot emphasise enough how against this many of the affected residents we've spoken to are and they do not want their grief hijacked for any violent or destructive means," a spokesman said."

As I said earlier, it's as bad as the right wing groups highjacking a terrorist atrocity for their purposes.

A peaceful protest march surely wouldn't hurt though Lisa?
I'm not saying a "Tories out " march, let the politicians pressure the government into revealing the truth behind this atrocity.

I already had a go at some anti tory site for putting a piece up about IDS applauding the way that RBKC council had stepped back and allowed "big society" (the little people) to take over the relief efforts after nearly everyone thought it wasn't satire! Dozens of anti IDS posts when he never said anything! That to me distracts attention away from where it should be - towards the guilty parties responsible. They have since pulled the post.

A silent march with pictures of the deceased with no political posturing is what I'd advocate, maybe handing in a petition calling for a full inquest as well as the Police investigation. This is something that cannot be allowed to be swept under the carpet.

London tower block on fire on 23:04 - Jun 21 with 2180 viewsLoyal

London tower block on fire on 01:26 - Jun 20 by dailew

"Local resident claims '42 bodies found huddled together in one room' at Grenfell Tower after 'hiding' from blaze"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/local-resident-claims-42-bodies-10647875

Blaze seems like a good bloke to me, I'm not sure he is that scary.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

London tower block on fire on 11:06 - Jul 9 with 1988 viewstrampie

How does somebody get a flat in the first place in somewhere like central London?, do you just walk in the council offices and say I want a flat ?

How does it work ?, I would think lots of people would not like to live in London but a crash pad in central London just for the odd weekend to watch sporting events etc without having to fork out a fortune would be ok.
What if you tell them you haven't got a home and then go and buy a home in a nice part of the country after securing a council city centre flat.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

London tower block on fire on 17:57 - Jul 10 with 1941 viewsKerouac

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40557126

So, any posters fancy eating some humble pie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

London tower block on fire on 18:06 - Jul 10 with 1933 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire on 17:57 - Jul 10 by Kerouac

"350 people should have been in the Kensington tower block"

What does he mean by should?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

London tower block on fire on 20:48 - Jul 10 with 1905 viewsKerouac

London tower block on fire on 18:06 - Jul 10 by dailew

"350 people should have been in the Kensington tower block"

What does he mean by should?

FFS!

Some life lessons;

1) It is always wise to keep your mouth shut when not in possession of the facts.
2) Beddgelert is a good bedtime story to tell your kids

London tower block on fire on 21:12 - Jul 10 with 1895 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surely the fact that fewer people died than first thought is good news and something to be celebrated? Why on earth would humble pie be necessary?

Poll: Tory leader

London tower block on fire on 23:08 - Jul 10 with 1851 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well that's amazing. 255 escaped but none needed blankets or any other supplies collected by the public and manned by volunteers. Even though they had lost EVERYTHING. That doesn't make sense.

And that kind of indicates that only 80 or so people were trapped on the upper floors?

Forgive me but I'm not quite buying this yet.......

Mind you, in fairness fourteen did go out for the evening.

London tower block on fire on 23:45 - Jul 10 with 1832 viewsKerouac

London tower block on fire on 21:12 - Jul 10 by exiledclaseboy

Surely the fact that fewer people died than first thought is good news and something to be celebrated? Why on earth would humble pie be necessary?

Hmmmm, reasons to be humble...
Well, for one, accusing the good people involved in actually helping the poor victims of this tragedy...you know giving everything they had ....of "covering up the truth" for political purposes.

and may I offer my condolences to you ECB.

London tower block on fire on 00:04 - Jul 11 with 1815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 23:45 - Jul 10 by Kerouac

Hmmmm, reasons to be humble...
Well, for one, accusing the good people involved in actually helping the poor victims of this tragedy...you know giving everything they had ....of "covering up the truth" for political purposes.

and may I offer my condolences to you ECB.

Who the f*ck are you referring to????
The police, the fire brigade, the volunteers, RBKC council, who????

London tower block on fire on 00:10 - Jul 11 with 1808 viewsKerouac

London tower block on fire on 00:04 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Who the f*ck are you referring to????
The police, the fire brigade, the volunteers, RBKC council, who????

I have made myself clear.

Were you one who stated that there was a cover up going on?
Who were you referring to?

London tower block on fire on 00:14 - Jul 11 with 1803 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 00:10 - Jul 11 by Kerouac

I have made myself clear.

Were you one who stated that there was a cover up going on?
Who were you referring to?

The order from central government to threaten firefighters jobs if they disobeyed a gagging order. Is that good enough you ???

London tower block on fire on 00:19 - Jul 11 with 1799 viewsKerouac

London tower block on fire on 00:14 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

The order from central government to threaten firefighters jobs if they disobeyed a gagging order. Is that good enough you ???

So there HAS been a cover up, I see.

London tower block on fire on 01:36 - Jul 11 with 1773 viewsRancid

Haven't read or contributed to this at all as it's a bit depressing for me.I saw it all unfold and burn when i got up for work and the BBC interviewing residents who were everyone to a man a Muslim. My first thought was it's been a terrorist attack and they're interviewing Muslims because the want to show that the people they're killing are Muslims just like them.I'm obviously way off the mark but there's no closure on this or the horizon or anytime soon it seems.

I thought it would definitly bring down the government but it sems to have ridden the storm.
London tower block on fire on 17:56 - Jul 11 with 1703 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/07/grenfell-inquiry-critics-martin-

A superb counter critique to that prat David Lammy

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 18:44 - Jul 11 with 1668 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 20:48 - Jul 10 by Kerouac

FFS!

Some life lessons;

1) It is always wise to keep your mouth shut when not in possession of the facts.
2) Beddgelert is a good bedtime story to tell your kids

You're not in possession of the facts either though are you. The authorities have said the search will take maybe a few months. Some sublet their flats and there were also people without leave to remain in the UK (that's illegals to you).
What's been reported there is an estimate . Nobody really knows yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024