Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71569 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 23:14 - Jun 14 with 2389 viewsMeraki

London tower block on fire on 22:25 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Avoided talking about this today. There are no words.

This happened about a mile or so from where I live. Perhaps two. Close enough that we heard the sirens start at 1 ish, and the helicopters up all night. Close enough to be able to smell the acrid stench of burning in the air as I left the house this morning.

The thought of those poor people desperately throwing the babies through windows. Waving shirts in the air for help. Jumping.

It's horrific, upsetting, appalling. We feel a mixture of upset, angry, helpless. But proud again of the response of this brilliant city. All centres sent out messages saying 'no more donations - we can't cope'. Local shops and supermarkets delivered supplies by the lorry load. People of all backgrounds and faiths helped each other. Churches, Synagogues, Mosques all opened their doors to people of every faith, or no faith. Our emergency services were and are heroes.

Angry at those who tried to make political capital. More angry at those who allowed this to happen. Today and tomorrow is for helping and supporting. But after that, when the fire is out, the building is clear, the injured are on their way to recovery, the bereaved are comforted, the homeless are housed, there HAVE to be questions. Serious questions. Questions that could and should if necessary result in the most serious of actions. People's safety can NEVER be sold and those that would seek to do so, have to be brought to account.

I was so proud to see all people of different cultures/religions come together helping all the victims and people who needed support.
London tower block on fire on 23:50 - Jun 14 with 2346 viewsepaul

London tower block on fire on 23:14 - Jun 14 by Meraki

I was so proud to see all people of different cultures/religions come together helping all the victims and people who needed support.

Indeed and people slag off London for multiculturalism etc, the way the London community pulled together today is something to be proud of, proud to live here with all the wonderful people of all creeds
A big thank you to all the hero firefighters who fought this fire today, now when you talk of legends............

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London tower block on fire on 23:58 - Jun 14 with 2333 viewsMeraki

London tower block on fire on 23:50 - Jun 14 by epaul

Indeed and people slag off London for multiculturalism etc, the way the London community pulled together today is something to be proud of, proud to live here with all the wonderful people of all creeds
A big thank you to all the hero firefighters who fought this fire today, now when you talk of legends............

People who slag London off or multiculturalism have normally never lived or experienced life in a major city.
London tower block on fire on 10:29 - Jun 15 with 2227 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 22:25 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Avoided talking about this today. There are no words.

This happened about a mile or so from where I live. Perhaps two. Close enough that we heard the sirens start at 1 ish, and the helicopters up all night. Close enough to be able to smell the acrid stench of burning in the air as I left the house this morning.

The thought of those poor people desperately throwing the babies through windows. Waving shirts in the air for help. Jumping.

It's horrific, upsetting, appalling. We feel a mixture of upset, angry, helpless. But proud again of the response of this brilliant city. All centres sent out messages saying 'no more donations - we can't cope'. Local shops and supermarkets delivered supplies by the lorry load. People of all backgrounds and faiths helped each other. Churches, Synagogues, Mosques all opened their doors to people of every faith, or no faith. Our emergency services were and are heroes.

Angry at those who tried to make political capital. More angry at those who allowed this to happen. Today and tomorrow is for helping and supporting. But after that, when the fire is out, the building is clear, the injured are on their way to recovery, the bereaved are comforted, the homeless are housed, there HAVE to be questions. Serious questions. Questions that could and should if necessary result in the most serious of actions. People's safety can NEVER be sold and those that would seek to do so, have to be brought to account.

Agree 100% Lisa. There must be the fullest of public inquiries into this and if necessary jail terms of people have neglected the safety of these poor people.
The feeling of dread I felt when I saw that in flames was horrible. God bless the heroic firefighters who risked their lives trying to hold back that inferno. And all the other emergency services and members of the public who tried in vain to help.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 15:14 - Jun 15 with 2115 viewsFireboy2

London tower block on fire on 19:11 - Jun 14 by skippyjack

Here we go.. the majority of you sit on your a*se all day.. worse than politicians.

I take it by that comment you tried and failed to become a fireman
London tower block on fire on 15:38 - Jun 15 with 2083 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 15:14 - Jun 15 by Fireboy2

Popped down there earlier to see someone. I asked one of the RBKC workers if they needed nappies and they said that they had plenty.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 15:39 - Jun 15 with 2083 viewswaynekerr55

Popped down there earlier to see someone. I asked one of the RBKC workers if they needed nappies and they said that they had plenty. Very sombre there.

London tower block on fire on 16:40 - Jun 15 with 2040 viewsblueytheblue

London tower block on fire on 10:29 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree 100% Lisa. There must be the fullest of public inquiries into this and if necessary jail terms of people have neglected the safety of these poor people.
The feeling of dread I felt when I saw that in flames was horrible. God bless the heroic firefighters who risked their lives trying to hold back that inferno. And all the other emergency services and members of the public who tried in vain to help.

Indeed, there should be a full inquiry.

Council, company doing the refurb, the management company running the tower.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 16:41 - Jun 15 with 2039 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No mate, he just failed the human being test

London tower block on fire on 17:41 - Jun 15 with 2000 viewsDarran

Fair play.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 18:21 - Jun 15 with 1954 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 17:41 - Jun 15 by Darran

Fair play.

Indeed. That's telling the c*nts.

London tower block on fire on 18:29 - Jun 15 with 1949 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I fear that the police estimate , hoping to keep the death toll to under TRIPLE figures is erring on the hopeful side. We have to brace ourselves, the true horror is yet to come.
This is probably the blackest incident in the history of this country. It must never be allowed to happen again.
The prime Minister announced that there will be a "public inquiry" .
No sh*t Sherlock. What the f*ck else was going to happen ????
The aftermath seems to be being managed by volunteers instead of the council. Shades of Katrina, it's the poor after all. It stinks. All of it.

London tower block on fire on 19:27 - Jun 15 with 1912 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 18:29 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I fear that the police estimate , hoping to keep the death toll to under TRIPLE figures is erring on the hopeful side. We have to brace ourselves, the true horror is yet to come.
This is probably the blackest incident in the history of this country. It must never be allowed to happen again.
The aftermath seems to be being managed by volunteers instead of the council. Shades of Katrina, it's the poor after all. It stinks. All of it.

It does. I have to say having been down there today you have to admire mankind's ability to come together to help each other in adversity. There are so many people helping and so much has been donated. I asked if they needed more nappies and a council worker said they had plenty. As most parents will testify, you can (generally) never have too many nappies 😂

London tower block on fire on 20:41 - Jun 15 with 1846 viewsepaul

The daily m*** have tweeted a picture who they claim is the man whose faulty fridge has caused the fire, I knew they were lowlife scum but this takes it down to another level, if it is him he's going to be distraught enough without them adding to his heartache, Im not putting the tweet on here

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 15 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 20:41 - Jun 15 by epaul

The daily m*** have tweeted a picture who they claim is the man whose faulty fridge has caused the fire, I knew they were lowlife scum but this takes it down to another level, if it is him he's going to be distraught enough without them adding to his heartache, Im not putting the tweet on here

It's the whole lot of them Paul. The BBC coverage with reporters asking those who are missing family members, 'and what age is your missing nephew' is grotesque.

Best and worst of mankind in these situations.

And the celebs who are profiting from it - f*** off. Adele went down quietly with no media. Only got out because of people with phones taking pics. Lily Allen went down as noisily as possible. Stupid moron.

As an aside, I've always really disliked QPR. Not any more. What a fantastic, fantastic effort.
London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 15 with 1827 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 20:41 - Jun 15 by epaul

You're not putting it on here but thanks for retweeting it or I wouldn't have seem it.

London tower block on fire on 20:58 - Jun 15 with 1809 viewsLohengrin

London tower block on fire on 18:29 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

"This is probably the blackest incident in the history of this country."

Don't think for one second I'm down-playing either the scale or horror of the fire, Bryn, but my youngest daughter said something similar to me earlier and I mentioned the Bethnal Green station disaster to her. She didn't know what I was talking about and that struck me as quite bizarre that it should have virtually slipped from folk-memory, out of the public consciousness within a couple of generations.

In March of 1943 some 173 people were crushed to death on the stairway leading to the underground at Bethnal Green station. Please tell me somebody else knows what I'm talking about?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

London tower block on fire on 21:00 - Jun 15 with 1805 viewssherpajacob

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 15 by londonlisa2001

It's the whole lot of them Paul. The BBC coverage with reporters asking those who are missing family members, 'and what age is your missing nephew' is grotesque.

And the celebs who are profiting from it - f*** off. Adele went down quietly with no media. Only got out because of people with phones taking pics. Lily Allen went down as noisily as possible. Stupid moron.

As an aside, I've always really disliked QPR. Not any more. What a fantastic, fantastic effort.

The queen has sent her condolences.

If only some wealthy property owner in west London had some large houses with lots of rooms that these poor people could use ,rather than having to sleep in leisure centres or rely on charity.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

London tower block on fire on 21:02 - Jun 15 with 1796 viewsdickythorpe

There's been pit disasters, football stadium disasters, ferry disasters, plane disasters, motorway disasters......this should never have been a disaster!!!!!!!

It's like a soap opera on Sky News!!!!
London tower block on fire on 21:02 - Jun 15 with 1796 viewsbonymine

24 hour news these days is relentless, probing every nook & crannie for a new angle or development on a story it's what they're paid to do but absolutely excruciatingly painful and unnecessary to the degree that they delve in my opinion it's beyond human decency.

Those accountable wil be brought to justice in due course I would hope but now isn't the time for these News Agencies to seek the ' most shocking and sensationalist and grotesque' account of this disaster to 'points score' against a rival Broadcaster......lower than the low that would be.

They really do need to THINK of the people quite literally 'incarcerated' in the disaster and the effect of their friends and families ?

RIP one and All

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

London tower block on fire on 21:04 - Jun 15 with 1783 viewsepaul

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 15 by Darran

You're not putting it on here but thanks for retweeting it or I wouldn't have seem it.

Yeah I Did , my intention was to tell the mail they are scum, should have just hit the reply button,Ive deleted the retweet

London tower block on fire on 21:06 - Jun 15 with 1773 viewsDarran

I've banned the news in my gaff so what have QPR done?

London tower block on fire on 21:07 - Jun 15 with 1763 viewsepaul

Absolutely is Lisa, even heard that 2 s** reporters posing as relatives to try to get into the hospitals where victims are, the PM attended and didnt even make the effort to speak to some of the survivors, prob because sdhe knows she'll get a mouthful

London tower block on fire on 21:09 - Jun 15 with 1758 viewsLohengrin

London tower block on fire on 21:07 - Jun 15 by epaul

Absolutely is Lisa, even heard that 2 s** reporters posing as relatives to try to get into the hospitals where victims are, the PM attended and didnt even make the effort to speak to some of the survivors, prob because sdhe knows she'll get a mouthful

Like the Mayor did, you mean?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

London tower block on fire on 21:10 - Jun 15 with 1752 viewsbonymine

London tower block on fire on 21:06 - Jun 15 by Darran

I've banned the news in my gaff so what have QPR done?

Never been any good since Stan Bowles & Rodney Marsh turned out for them 😂

Sorry to digress here ; the serious issues about the fire and it's consequences are here for all to see....

RIP Each and Everyone

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024