Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia 16:30 - Jun 14 with 7094 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Awful stuff just a couple miles from Washington DC. At a baseball field where a practice being held this morning by Republicans for an annual game against Democrats, a gunman calmly walked out and opened fire. The gunman got off about 50-100 rounds, according to reports.

Multiple victims, including Congressman Steve Scalise from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip. At least 2 are in critical condition.

The gunman: 66 year old James T Hodgkinson.

We can expect a lot more of this in America, because the mainstream media is literally endorsing violence with this specific political motive. CNN's parent company is sponsoring a "Shakespeare in the Park" rendition that depicts Trump as Julius Caesar.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:01]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:40 - Jun 14 with 2632 viewsexiledclaseboy

Terrible scenes. Let's hope that there are no fatalities.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 18:34]

Poll: Tory leader

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:42 - Jun 14 with 2625 viewsDarran

Very sad to hear but it's never going to go away whilst guns are readily available.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:52 - Jun 14 with 2595 viewslondonlisa2001

Terrible event. Hope no fatalities or life changing injuries.

I'd be rather more inclined to blame gun laws than a modern interpretation of Shakespeare on balance.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 16:53]
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:55 - Jun 14 with 2584 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:52 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

I'd be rather more inclined to blame gun laws than a modern interpretation of Shakespeare on balance.

Et tu, Lisa?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:04 - Jun 14 with 2558 viewsswanjackal

I'd be more inclined to blame the shooter than plays or gun laws. Gun laws don't help, but first and foremost you have to blame the perpetrator before the political point scoring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:05 - Jun 14 with 2559 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Update: the gunman is dead. This will be the only death, hopefully.

From the POTUS: "Many lives would've been lost if not for the heroic actions of the 2 Capitol police officers, who took down the gunman despite sustaining gunshot wounds, during a very, very brutal assault."

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:09]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:06 - Jun 14 with 2555 viewslondonlisa2001

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:55 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Et tu, Lisa?

"The evil that men do lives after them"

seems an appropriate Julius Caesar moment regarding the Donald. Not as convinced that there is too much good to be interred with his bones,
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:09 - Jun 14 with 2540 viewslondonlisa2001

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:04 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

I'd be more inclined to blame the shooter than plays or gun laws. Gun laws don't help, but first and foremost you have to blame the perpetrator before the political point scoring.

True.
Login to get fewer ads

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:09 - Jun 14 with 2540 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:04 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

I'd agree about the political stuff if only the OP hadn't done exactly that point scoring thing when starting the thread.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:23 - Jun 14 with 2505 viewsLohengrin

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:09 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I'd agree about the political stuff if only the OP hadn't done exactly that point scoring thing when starting the thread.

It was an attempt at political assassination, how can you void the discussion of politics?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:25 - Jun 14 with 2500 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:23 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

It was an attempt at political assassination, how can you void the discussion of politics?

I didn't say you can. Decorum though would have suggested expressing concern for the victims first before rushing to point out that the perpetrator seems to have been a deranged leftie who hated Trump. Not here though.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:27 - Jun 14 with 2495 viewsLohengrin

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:25 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't say you can. Decorum though would have suggested expressing concern for the victims first before rushing to point out that the perpetrator seems to have been a deranged leftie who hated Trump. Not here though.

Not on your Nelly.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:30 - Jun 14 with 2486 viewsswanjackal

I'm oddly stunned at his resemblance to Sanders in his Facebook page though.....

Oh wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:30 - Jun 14 with 2486 viewslondonlisa2001

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:23 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

Yes, but the bit that was true was that the first finger of blame should always be at the perpetrator, which is why swanjackal's point was valid.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:54 - Jun 14 with 2454 viewsnierika

Its hilarious how you think Swansea fans give a sh!t about your attempt to score political points.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 18:43 - Jun 14 with 2392 viewsLohengrin

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:30 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Yes, but the bit that was true was that the first finger of blame should always be at the perpetrator, which is why swanjackal's point was valid.

The perpetrator is just a cipher. The ideology that underpinned the action is where attention ought to focus.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:00 - Jun 14 with 2366 viewsTummer_from_Texas

And I blame the latter. What we are seeing is not just seen as the fringe wackos anymore. It has been endorsed by the mainstream. CNN's Fareek Zakaria even called this sickening depiction of Julius Trump's murder "brilliant."

There are plenty of tortured, psychotic, suicidal souls out there, nobody can deny that. Now we've given them the not-so-delusional belief that they can become a MAINSTREAM hero and martyr if they go down trying to take out the President and/or other Republicans. The question isn't even if this will happen anymore, it's just how often. Politics aside, Americans should all pray for our politicians, and the brave law enforcement and secret service people who will likely be taking bullets for (and with) them over the next 4-8 years.

I hope I'm wrong and this toxic atmosphere blows over somehow, but I wouldn't bet on it.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:07]

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:01 - Jun 14 with 2362 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:00 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

And I blame the latter. What we are seeing is not just seen as the fringe wackos anymore. It has been endorsed by the mainstream. CNN's Fareek Zakaria even called this sickening depiction of Julius Trump's murder "brilliant."

There are plenty of tortured, psychotic, suicidal souls out there, nobody can deny that. Now we've given them the not-so-delusional belief that they can become a MAINSTREAM hero and martyr if they go down trying to take out the President and/or other Republicans. The question isn't even if this will happen anymore, it's just how often. Politics aside, Americans should all pray for our politicians, and the brave law enforcement and secret service people who will likely be taking bullets for (and with) them over the next 4-8 years.

I hope I'm wrong and this toxic atmosphere blows over somehow, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah it's got nothing to do with guns Tums. lol

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:24 - Jun 14 with 2324 viewsMeraki

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:00 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

You've also given them easy access to guns.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:41 - Jun 14 with 2311 viewsswanjackal

Guns are not the symptoms to what caused this though. Yes, guns have a major role in what happened, but sorry to be cliche here but a gun does not fire itself, it has no motive, it is the person in charge of it.

Personally I don't agree with the gun laws , but I actually can understand the reasoning behind it. It's generally alien to me as I grew up in a country where guns are limited, barring in service or hunting/sport. US has major issues with the checks on them and state by state carry laws no doubt, but this is not the key here.

The mindset of the perpetrator has to be the second major issue tackled behind the closing down of the scene and care that no further threat remains, and those attacked received e the proper attention. The ideology and reasons why must be first port after this, what caused a man to do this, and unfortunately it does seem like a politcally directed attack. I would agree with Tucker that far left has become emboldened to more violent methods. Here in the UK it is bottle throwing and odd scuffles, not seeking so bad, but in the US it has become more sinister. Macing, bike locks in socks, bats/blunt weapons, criminal damage, group beatings etc. It does happen far right side, but seemingly not at the level seen at far left. This is compounded by mainly the lack of focus on condemning violence by media, with some seemingly promoting a violent rhetoric too.

The gun debate needs to be had, yes, but people need to honestly addressing the madness behind the violence first. I have no doubt people with the mentality shown in this attack would have found a way, it may not have been as devastating to as many people (ie. A close range knife etc.,like we see in places where guns are not prevalent), but could still cause as many fatalities.

The world is an utter clusterf@ck.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:49 - Jun 14 with 2298 viewsTheResurrection

Strong and stable response Maybot-lovechild

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:56 - Jun 14 with 2283 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:49 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

Strong and stable response Maybot-lovechild

Silly post considering people have lost their lives.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 with 2277 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:56 - Jun 14 by Darran

Silly post considering people have lost their lives.

Silly thread pissing about gun laws, point scoring and left v right...

Crux of the matter the US President is the biggest kunt on this planet and for me, the blame for this lies solely with that tvvat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 with 2274 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

Silly thread pissing about gun laws, point scoring and left v right...

Crux of the matter the US President is the biggest kunt on this planet and for me, the blame for this lies solely with that tvvat.

Not many will disagree with that,I certainly don't.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:06 - Jun 14 with 2262 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 by Darran

Not many will disagree with that,I certainly don't.

I completely disagree. Attempted mass murder of democratically elected officials is because of a dislike of a man who was democratically elected to his post?

F@ck my eyes

Edit: I don't know how you could logically justify that
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024