Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayweather v Mcgregor 23:09 - Jun 14 with 6005 viewsAquinas

Confirmed. Horrible news.

The only positive is that it will show all the blinkered UFC fans how hard it is to land when fighting an actual boxer (at the lower weights). So many people on twitter saying something along the lines of 'Conor has overcome the odds before, he can do it again'.

Sadly, if Mcgregor hurts Mayweather in any way I will instantly assume that the fight is fixed. There is no way Mayweather gets through 12 rounds with Canelo with ease and struggles against Conor.
Mayweather v Mcgregor on 13:28 - Jun 15 with 2032 viewsshandyjack

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 13:26 - Jun 15 by Jango

Mayweather could school McGregor with his eyes closed but he's more a businessman than a boxer these days. given the money being talked about I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up being a 2-1 trilogy.

No way will he want a defeat on his record much less to a non boxer

Poll: Expectation for the season

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 13:39 - Jun 15 with 2015 viewsJango

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 13:28 - Jun 15 by shandyjack

No way will he want a defeat on his record much less to a non boxer

Well I'd like to think so but at£100million a fight tho I wouldn't be surprised.
Mayweather v Mcgregor on 10:14 - Jun 18 with 1911 viewsattila_the_hun

GGG is boxing, grow some balls Floyd and fight him. Nah just fight a guy making his pro debut instead

"I'm Free"

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 00:35 - Jun 19 with 1862 viewsEbo

Where will it stop?

David Haye vs The Green Bay Packers

Carl Froch vs The All Blacks

Theresa May vs Millwall

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 23:28 - Jun 21 with 1776 viewsAquinas

I don't think this will really change any of your predictions for the fight, but this video compares the force of bare knuckle, MMA gloves and boxing gloves. There is little or no difference between the force of an mma glove and boxing glove (according to the video).

Does this show that McGregor actually has a chance (the odds are drifting in for him to win) or does it make no material difference because Mayweather does not get hit?

Mayweather to beat Mcgregor is exactly the same odds as Chelsea to beat Burnley on the opening game of the season. If you had to lump your house on one outcome, what would it be?
Mayweather v Mcgregor on 02:30 - Jun 22 with 1750 viewsKrisP

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 00:35 - Jun 19 by Ebo

Where will it stop?

David Haye vs The Green Bay Packers

Carl Froch vs The All Blacks

Theresa May vs Millwall

I would probably pay to see all of those, so you may not be helping your argument.
Mayweather v Mcgregor on 12:01 - Jun 22 with 1711 viewsUxbridge

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 23:28 - Jun 21 by Aquinas

I don't think this will really change any of your predictions for the fight, but this video compares the force of bare knuckle, MMA gloves and boxing gloves. There is little or no difference between the force of an mma glove and boxing glove (according to the video).

Does this show that McGregor actually has a chance (the odds are drifting in for him to win) or does it make no material difference because Mayweather does not get hit?

Mayweather to beat Mcgregor is exactly the same odds as Chelsea to beat Burnley on the opening game of the season. If you had to lump your house on one outcome, what would it be?

Burnley. At least they're reasonably competent in the same sport.

I mean seriously, people saying at least he has a punchers chance are being slightly naive. He has little to no boxing experience, and you can't compare the "stand up" in MMA to actual boxing. The distances and threats are completely different.

If Mayweather takes this remotely seriously or isn't planning some sort of moneyspinning trilogy then this is going to be a bit silly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 16:48 - Aug 27 with 1423 viewsKerouac

Interesting thread to look back on.

Was it all worthwhile ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 00:37 - Aug 28 with 1353 viewssiralan

Mayweather v Mcgregor on 16:48 - Aug 27 by Kerouac

Interesting thread to look back on.

Was it all worthwhile ?

No it was not

Mayweather let the pikey knacker himself out in the first 3 rds then picked him off knowing the Pikey had zero power in anything he threw.

Very easy victory for a guy 11 years older and 1 1/2 stone lighter who had not fought for 2 years.

If he had wanted Mayweather could have tortured him in the last few rounds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024