Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 12:51 - Jun 15 with 4540 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:03]
Green Tories? on 07:17 - Jun 18 with 925 viewsjohnlangy

Green Tories? (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 15 by nice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:04]

A two party state where both parties have allowed Wales to become the poorest country in Western Europe (not sure about Portugal).

And you're saying long may that continue ?
Green Tories? on 07:27 - Jun 18 with 917 viewsjohnlangy

Green Tories? on 11:03 - Jun 16 by yescomeon

It's not even necessarily white flighters though, although there will be a bit of that. Wales is predominantly rural. People move away from cities as they get older and tired of the faster pace of life in cities or whatever or retire to the countryside. This is a problem in England too, young people move to the city, old people move to the countryside, who looks after the old people. In Wales you have the added issue of two different cultures and the balance between them.

For example, on the matter of national identity, in Wales 57.51% of people consider themselves Welsh only, 16.95% British only, 11.22% English only and 7.11% Welsh and British only [1]. That English only number is really high, approaching 3 times the UK percentage of Muslims and all the fuss there is over that (I know thats apples and oranges to an extent) [1]. But the English only number in Scotland and Northern Ireland are only 2.28% and 0.6% respectively [1]. It shows just how much of a "problem" it is, but I really don't know what you can do about it.

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom

Incredible numbers. Five Times as many English people (who consider themselves English only) live in Wales compared with Scotland !

I wonder how many are from the South East. They could sell a two bed terrace in London and live like kings in Pembroke for example. And it's less than three hours from home.

Aren't they lucky people.
Green Tories? (n/t) on 07:51 - Jun 18 with 908 viewsnice_to_michu

Green Tories? on 20:45 - Jun 17 by trampie

Plaid have spoken.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024