Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager 15:48 - Jun 15 with 2435 viewsjackjackjackjack

There were some great times, but some miserable ones too.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 15:59 - Jun 15 with 1914 viewsBanosswan

Time flies. Flippin 'ek
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 16:00]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 19:03 - Jun 15 with 1772 viewsLoyal

He once said we have to enjoy the good times and remember them for the bad times.
Huw didn't hear that interview clearly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 19:05 - Jun 15 with 1771 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jeez OP , don't you think that playing the best ever football of any a Swansea side, winning our first major trophy in a hundred years of existence and a very creditable European adventure was worth a couple of sh*t performances?

You're not so much a glass half empty guy as a glass smashed against the wall type eh??
I wish he was still here now!
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 19:08]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 20:02 - Jun 15 with 1709 viewsGlyn1

And now he's managing a club in Qatar. Obviously he must be making a ton of money but I'm puzzled why he has never managed a European club in the last 4 years, will he ever?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 20:06 - Jun 15 with 1695 viewsDr_Winston

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 20:02 - Jun 15 by Glyn1

And now he's managing a club in Qatar. Obviously he must be making a ton of money but I'm puzzled why he has never managed a European club in the last 4 years, will he ever?

He's probably not that bothered.

Even as a player he was never a 100%'er as that famous quote by Cryuff suggests. He gets to have a bit of fun in Qatar without too much pressure and earns a fortune in the process.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:07 - Jun 15 with 1598 viewsaberhugh

I remember, and only want to remember, the best of times:
The unbelievable excitement when I found out we had signed a guy who would get in an all time world XI.
QPR away.
I couldn't really take in the first half of West Brom at home!!
The League Cup - Laudrup said that he felt teams like Swansea should give the cups a go as with a bit of luck they were winnable. So true!
A great European adventure and with that bit of luck we could easily have put Napoli out.
Some of the best football I've seen live from any team never mind just Swansea.
We were so lucky to have him and whilst it lasted - WOW!
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:13 - Jun 15 with 1592 viewsjackjackjackjack

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 19:05 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Jeez OP , don't you think that playing the best ever football of any a Swansea side, winning our first major trophy in a hundred years of existence and a very creditable European adventure was worth a couple of sh*t performances?

You're not so much a glass half empty guy as a glass smashed against the wall type eh??

Best I've ever seen Swansea play, and 1st season Michu is probably the best player I've seen for Swansea (started supporting in pre-Toshack 4th division era), but at the end of his tenure it was dire. I recall West Ham away as being the nadir.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:17 - Jun 15 with 1584 viewsDarran

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:13 - Jun 15 by jackjackjackjack

Best I've ever seen Swansea play, and 1st season Michu is probably the best player I've seen for Swansea (started supporting in pre-Toshack 4th division era), but at the end of his tenure it was dire. I recall West Ham away as being the nadir.

Don't explain yourself mate some people are never going to get over him,grown fuçking men in mourning over an ex-manager.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:45 - Jun 15 with 1542 viewsKilkennyjack

We had the coolest manager in Europe.
Fantastic times indeed.

Beware of the Risen People

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:57 - Jun 15 with 1523 viewsItchySphincter

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 19:05 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Umm...... nah.

Good while it lasted, more or less. Done.

Don't get the affection for him really.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 22:00 - Jun 15 with 1515 viewsDr_Winston

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:57 - Jun 15 by ItchySphincter

Umm...... nah.

Good while it lasted, more or less. Done.

Don't get the affection for him really.

It's natural to hold the manager who delivered what remains the high water mark of our existence as a club in high esteem, even if the cool kids prefer to play it down.

The first season under Laudrup was as good as it gets. It'll take some doing to come close to hitting those heights again. A few bits of the second season weren't bad either, even if he's got to share a fair chunk of blame for the malaise that eventually led to his downfall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 10:21 - Jun 16 with 1368 viewspikeypaul

It's very unlikely we will ever see our team play like that again.

One of the top players ever to play the game who coached us to
our only ever major cup win.

Rodgers or Monk could not lace his boot on or off the pitch.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 1339 viewsPrivate_Partz

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:17 - Jun 15 by Darran

Don't explain yourself mate some people are never going to get over him,grown fuçking men in mourning over an ex-manager.

I would have posted earlier but I am too busy having J Arthur ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 17:54 - Jun 16 with 1244 viewsBrynmill_Jack

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 10:21 - Jun 16 by pikeypaul

It's very unlikely we will ever see our team play like that again.

One of the top players ever to play the game who coached us to
our only ever major cup win.

Rodgers or Monk could not lace his boot on or off the pitch.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Good post. I think it's natural when you've watched the club underachieving in the fourth tier to really drink in the successful time that we had with him. Over reacting? Not by a long chalk. QPR away still makes me tingle.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 18:03 - Jun 16 with 1239 viewspencoedjack

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:07 - Jun 15 by aberhugh

I remember, and only want to remember, the best of times:
The unbelievable excitement when I found out we had signed a guy who would get in an all time world XI.
QPR away.
I couldn't really take in the first half of West Brom at home!!
The League Cup - Laudrup said that he felt teams like Swansea should give the cups a go as with a bit of luck they were winnable. So true!
A great European adventure and with that bit of luck we could easily have put Napoli out.
Some of the best football I've seen live from any team never mind just Swansea.
We were so lucky to have him and whilst it lasted - WOW!

Excellent post

QPR /Valencia away are probably my most memorable (footballing wise ) trips

Great memories
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 1221 viewsperplex

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:17 - Jun 15 by Darran

Well I`m not moaning, however I do think he`s the best and most successful manager we have had.
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 18:45 - Jun 16 with 1203 viewsOldjack

once he got his cup , it seemed he lost all interest in us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:01 - Jun 17 with 1129 viewsUplandsJack

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 18:45 - Jun 16 by Oldjack

once he got his cup , it seemed he lost all interest in us

No he lost interest when he gave his list of player choices to HJ and he failed to deliver.
Jenkins wanted rid of Laudrup at the end of the first season, as he fearfull of losing his strangle hold/own position/standing call it what you like within the club.
Believe me or not, but it's true....
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:09 - Jun 17 with 1123 viewsdailew

That must mean it was 3.5 years ago that we were sleepwalking to relegation and the Dismal Dane had to be sacked.

Well done Jenks.

Everyone now looking forward to a seventh year in the PL.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:14 - Jun 17 with 1119 viewsUplandsJack

P.S. Qpr away opening day of season in the sweltering heat, wow what at day. Especially after having gone there the season before in the night game and getting stuffed 3-0 with Mick McCarthy smirking at us from the TV studio only to have coins/ pint glasses lobbed at us on walk back to coaches....
Plus of course the trip to the Mestalla. Another great night and a few beers where certainly sunk by many in the Irish bar at Plaça de la Reina after the game and the nights before....
#happydays😊
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:23 - Jun 17 with 1113 viewsWarwickHunt

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:09 - Jun 17 by dailew

That must mean it was 3.5 years ago that we were sleepwalking to relegation and the Dismal Dane had to be sacked.

Well done Jenks.

Everyone now looking forward to a seventh year in the PL.

...in spite of an overpaid, egomaniacal incompetent as our self-appointed DoF.

The club has largely been a motorway pile-up since Jenkins took charge after sacking Laudrup.
Let's hope he's forced to take a back seat in future or, better still, fûcks off sharpish with his ill-gotten gains and takes that other useless cûnt with him.
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 01:11 - Jun 17 with 1088 viewsLoyal

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 21:13 - Jun 15 by jackjackjackjack

This.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 09:05 - Jun 17 with 1020 viewsDr_Winston

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 00:01 - Jun 17 by UplandsJack

No he lost interest when he gave his list of player choices to HJ and he failed to deliver.
Jenkins wanted rid of Laudrup at the end of the first season, as he fearfull of losing his strangle hold/own position/standing call it what you like within the club.
Believe me or not, but it's true....

He lost interest after about eighteen months. He always loses interest after about eighteen months. He already on his second club in Qatar.

As much sense as blaming Jenkins for most things makes, Laudrup has to bear his share of it too.

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 15:42 - Jun 17 with 959 viewsUplandsJack

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 09:05 - Jun 17 by Dr_Winston

He lost interest after about eighteen months. He always loses interest after about eighteen months. He already on his second club in Qatar.

As much sense as blaming Jenkins for most things makes, Laudrup has to bear his share of it too.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. After the Summer of discontent, shall we call it. Laudrup planned to use the Europa competition as the shop window to manoeuvre his exit to a bigger club.
He didn't want to just quit, as he felt it would further damage his reputation, after walking away from Mallorca due to falling out with the Owners...
Maybe with the advantage of hindsight, it would have been better for us all if he had!!
5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 15:46 - Jun 17 with 953 viewsDarran

5 years ago today Michael Laudrup was announced as manager on 15:42 - Jun 17 by UplandsJack

Sorry, but that's incorrect. After the Summer of discontent, shall we call it. Laudrup planned to use the Europa competition as the shop window to manoeuvre his exit to a bigger club.
He didn't want to just quit, as he felt it would further damage his reputation, after walking away from Mallorca due to falling out with the Owners...
Maybe with the advantage of hindsight, it would have been better for us all if he had!!

Well if he was manoeuvring his exit to a bigger club he's a bigger cùnt than I thought.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024