Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential new laws of football... 19:03 - Jun 17 with 1365 viewsDJack

Apologies if already posted. Some of those mentioned match points raised here. Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Potential new laws of football... on 19:13 - Jun 17 with 1349 viewsDr_Winston

The timing ones are in theory fine but would be hard to implement at lower levels. The one about no penalty rebounds is stupid, as is the one about dribbling from free kicks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potential new laws of football... on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 1324 viewsDJack

Potential new laws of football... on 19:13 - Jun 17 by Dr_Winston

The timing ones are in theory fine but would be hard to implement at lower levels. The one about no penalty rebounds is stupid, as is the one about dribbling from free kicks.

I'm torn on the one where half/full time is blown up only when the ball goes out of play.

I don't believe the playing periods should be 30 minutes as when/if implemented players will soon realise that the majority of their time wasting becomes useless - putting aside breaking up their opponents rhythm.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Potential new laws of football... on 19:46 - Jun 17 with 1291 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fck it. Lets just give them sticks and call it ice hockey instead. Some dumb ideas in there

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potential new laws of football... on 19:54 - Jun 17 with 1280 viewsDJack

Potential new laws of football... on 19:46 - Jun 17 by PozuelosSideys

Fck it. Lets just give them sticks and call it ice hockey instead. Some dumb ideas in there

"Some dumb ideas in there"

Well done...and the rest of the ideas?

Potential new laws of football... on 00:38 - Jun 18 with 1159 viewsKrisP

Potential new laws of football... on 19:26 - Jun 17 by DJack

I'm torn on the one where half/full time is blown up only when the ball goes out of play.

I don't believe the playing periods should be 30 minutes as when/if implemented players will soon realise that the majority of their time wasting becomes useless - putting aside breaking up their opponents rhythm.

Isn't cutting out timewasting a good thing?
Potential new laws of football... on 00:49 - Jun 18 with 1146 viewsTom1912

The 30 minute idea makes a lot of sense IMO.
Potential new laws of football... on 02:11 - Jun 18 with 1126 viewsDJack

Potential new laws of football... on 00:38 - Jun 18 by KrisP

Isn't cutting out timewasting a good thing?

Erm, did you actually read my post...I was going to post more but I didn't want to upset you... what a Tvvat!

p.s. No different to the rest of us. We all jump in at the wrong time on occasion.

Potential new laws of football... on 02:19 - Jun 18 with 1120 viewsAquinas

RIDICULOUS rule to stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play. It opens football up to an NFL style system where there are numerous ad breaks.

Football (bar goal line technology and financial fair play) is fine how it is. Imposing rules which hinder the free flowing nature of the game is stupid.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential new laws of football... on 02:33 - Jun 18 with 1117 viewsDJack

Potential new laws of football... on 02:19 - Jun 18 by Aquinas

RIDICULOUS rule to stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play. It opens football up to an NFL style system where there are numerous ad breaks.

Football (bar goal line technology and financial fair play) is fine how it is. Imposing rules which hinder the free flowing nature of the game is stupid.

Define "free flowing" and then wait for everyone else's definition...

Potential new laws of football... on 02:38 - Jun 18 with 1113 viewsSmileyBwoi

stupid. they should keep it the way it is now 45mins a half and the reff can stop the clock when the ball goes out of play and making sure the clock is shown on the big screen so it's not rigged

Poll: Who should we sign in January?

Potential new laws of football... on 03:58 - Jun 18 with 1092 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Potential new laws of football... on 02:19 - Jun 18 by Aquinas

Ad breaks would be terrible, but not sure I agree this would necessarily open things up for that.

Also, I don't see how eliminating the incentive for time-wasting hinders the free flowing nature of the game. More likely the opposite is true.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Potential new laws of football... on 04:15 - Jun 18 with 1086 viewsAquinas

Potential new laws of football... on 03:58 - Jun 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ad breaks would be terrible, but not sure I agree this would necessarily open things up for that.

Also, I don't see how eliminating the incentive for time-wasting hinders the free flowing nature of the game. More likely the opposite is true.

The ads would hinder the free flowing nature of the game. It also removes the obvious advantage of not being offside from a throw in. If every thrown in results in a 30 second ad break it allows the defensive team to get in to shape.

I don't expect the above to happen, but with foreign owners increasingly buying PL clubs and 18yr olds like Mpabbe demanding £100 million + price tags PL owners will increasingly try to monetise the sport to get a return. Also evidenced by us getting a sleeve sponsor. I almost expect our players to do MOTD interviews in a Titleist cap.
Potential new laws of football... on 07:21 - Jun 18 with 1047 viewssomersetsimon

There are a few sensible ones in there and there's no harm discussing the crazier ones. At least it gets people thinking!
It does seem more sensible for the referee to actually stop the clock rather than add on extra minutes at the end. Also, stopping the clock when a penalty is awarded, then only restarted when the kick is taken? That seems reasonable - there's often lots of time taken up here, especially from players arguing.
Potential new laws of football... on 12:02 - Jun 18 with 945 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potential new laws of football... on 07:21 - Jun 18 by somersetsimon

There are a few sensible ones in there and there's no harm discussing the crazier ones. At least it gets people thinking!
It does seem more sensible for the referee to actually stop the clock rather than add on extra minutes at the end. Also, stopping the clock when a penalty is awarded, then only restarted when the kick is taken? That seems reasonable - there's often lots of time taken up here, especially from players arguing.

Ever watch Rugby League?
That is the system that they use, but oddly I think the clock is allowed to run for Conversion kicks.
But they have no "extra time" at all.
The game doesn't stop for subs, only if injury occurs.
Of course they have had Video Refs for years.
Potential new laws of football... on 12:23 - Jun 18 with 917 viewsunion_jack

Potential new laws of football... on 07:21 - Jun 18 by somersetsimon

Don't like the one about penalties being saved and no scoring on the rebound. That penalises the side who has been awarded the penalty in the first place.

The 'penalty goal' idea is something that should be discussed though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024