Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And now the end is near..... 21:32 - Jun 17 with 6067 viewsSwanjaxs

For 3rd party streaming sites... looking increasingly like it's time up guys ☹ time to hit the road again next season 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

And now the end is near..... on 09:11 - Jun 19 with 1872 viewsSTID2017

And now the end is near..... on 11:14 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

There is a concern in the whole "show every game" thing in that if that happens then the bigger clubs will start demanding a bigger slice of the pie as their games will drive subscriptions instead of the relatively even distribution they have now. There's already rumblings about it.

Why not - isn't it fair ?
My guess is that worldwide the percentage of people who subscribe to the big clubs (Manure, Chelsea, etc) far outweighs the number that subscribes to any other team outside the top six.
If that is the argument to get PPV working then they should sit down at the table and have that discussion

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

And now the end is near..... on 10:35 - Jun 19 with 1838 viewsUxbridge

Unless they stop legal streams in all other countries such as Bein Sports or NBC Sports, it is impossible to stop the less legal options.

The sooner there is a similar option for UK residents the better. The current model is ridiculous.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

And now the end is near..... on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 1807 viewsLord_Bony

And now the end is near..... on 09:17 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Sky would have to get it past the FA first. Think it's their rule that no 3pm kick offs can be shown.

You're right though. A sky subscription with a red button option to watch the kick off of your choice would put an end to a fair amount of the illegal streaming. I'd probably rejoin Sky if I could get every Swans game in HD on it.

Agreed.

Problem is Sky is too greedy and want to tie people into contracts.

This is having an adverse effect on them.

They need to rethink their strategy and free up the subscription market.

If they do it BT will follow suit.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

And now the end is near..... on 23:56 - Jun 19 with 1701 viewsphact0rri

What others are saying if there was a sky- sports only subscription model in the region of 10 quid a month I'd be right there for it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

And now the end is near..... on 07:35 - Jun 20 with 1657 viewsSTID2017

And now the end is near..... on 23:56 - Jun 19 by phact0rri

What others are saying if there was a sky- sports only subscription model in the region of 10 quid a month I'd be right there for it.

TBH the average cost of watching a home match is probably £40 upwards
An away match is £100 upwards
Therefore a reasonable PPV charge (even £10 per game) is acceptable to most, especially those who cannot travel to away matches for other reasons than cost (family commitments, work, etc)

And now the end is near..... on 19:35 - Jun 20 with 1548 viewsLord_Bony

And now the end is near..... on 07:35 - Jun 20 by STID2017

Therefore a reasonable PPV charge (even £10 per game) is acceptable to most, especially those who cannot travel to away matches for other reasons than cost (family commitments, work, etc)

It costs about £4 to 5 per match on streaming channels for one day access to everything they have.

Good but quality is lacking sometimes with latency and buffering being big problems.

Sky could EASILY charge £6 per match or £10 for 24 hr access to Sky Sports in HD.

If the did it would kill off their competition immediately and save them the hassle of trying to close them down.

The revenue they would generate would be mind boggling with many choosing a subscription package as a result.

Hope you're reading this Rupert...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

And now the end is near..... on 03:48 - Jun 21 with 1481 viewsphact0rri

And now the end is near..... on 07:35 - Jun 20 by STID2017

I was thinking more of a subscription model, than PPV. £10 a month would do me just fine.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

And now the end is near..... on 13:50 - Jun 21 with 1412 viewsAngelRangelQS

If anything surely they'll just allow the Premier League Pass to be accessed by UK fans?

The NFL equivalent is £175 I think and there's only 21 weeks of matches. 16 if your team doesn't make the post season (well 17 weeks with a bye one week).

I would imagine that the Premier League pass would be the best part of the cost of a season ticket.
Login to get fewer ads

And now the end is near..... on 14:31 - Jun 21 with 1394 viewsSTID2017

And now the end is near..... on 14:28 - Jun 18 by BLAZE

You've been predicting the demise of Kodi for months now. Every time you're told the same thing - streamers will always be a step ahead. Finding decent quality streams on free add-ons may become increasingly more difficult, but for every SBTV that shuts down, another one or two will pop up.

Look at Genesis, probably the best add-on at the time. There was mass panic when it closed down, but as a direct consequence we got Exodus, Specto and Genesis Reborn. Plus more.

For as long as we're in the Premier League, streams of our fixtures will be available.

Just loaded Genesis Reborn on Kodi - excellent to be fair !

And now the end is near..... on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 1393 viewsSTID2017

And now the end is near..... on 14:31 - Jun 21 by STID2017

Just loaded Genesis Reborn on Kodi - excellent to be fair !

Also just had email from STVB to say they are up and running from a new source

And now the end is near..... on 09:55 - Jun 22 with 1323 viewsSTID2017

And now the end is near..... on 14:33 - Jun 21 by STID2017

Also just had email from STVB to say they are up and running from a new source

Got a free week's trial from new "STVB"

And now the end is near..... on 22:30 - Jun 24 with 1148 viewsJokeren1943

Would gladly pay for a gamepass to see all of Swanseas PL matchs in HD on my TV.

Right now (atleast in Denmark) you can only see the matchs on national TV if Swansea play the top 5 clubs.
And now the end is near..... on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 1016 viewsJimmyGilligan

They should adopt an american style approach to streaming games. With MLB you can subscribe online and either pay to watch your chosen team or pay to be able to watch any game. over the internet, on your TV or on whatever device you want, anywhere in the world. I would pay for a PL alternative of that without even thinking. Surely they would make a fortune considering the global interest there is these days in this league. The FA seems to be stuck in the 1980s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024