Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation 21:02 - Jun 18 with 13765 viewsSwansTrust

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/06/18/supporters-trust-members-consultation/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:05 - Jun 18 with 5964 viewslonglostjack

👍

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:10 - Jun 18 with 5953 viewsVetchfielder

This is very good news.

Here we go then

Proud to have been one of the 231

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:16 - Jun 18 with 5934 viewsShaky

Finally.

I trust a statemment will be published in advance so members have a chance to consider the position and formulate sensible questions.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:22 - Jun 18 with 5898 viewsKilkennyjack

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:16 - Jun 18 by Shaky

Finally.

I trust a statemment will be published in advance so members have a chance to consider the position and formulate sensible questions.

Be a waste of time if people ask why its taken so long ...😎

Beware of the Risen People

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:27 - Jun 18 with 5887 viewswaynekerr55

What's the process if you can't attend?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:32 - Jun 18 with 5866 views3swan

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:27 - Jun 18 by waynekerr55

What's the process if you can't attend?

Was just going to ask the same question
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:32 - Jun 18 with 5866 viewsStarsky

Here we go!

It's just the internet, init.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:50 - Jun 18 with 5787 viewsDarran

I don't think I can make this Forum. Tamping.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:58 - Jun 18 with 5756 viewsQJumpingJack

Can it be streamed on the site for those who cannot make it / who are exiled?
Perhaps make it password protected?

And if the Americans are Trust members can they attend?
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:25 - Jun 18 with 5687 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:32 - Jun 18 by 3swan

Was just going to ask the same question

And a good one it is. Usual practice I would expect to apply... Chairman's address released during the evening so those in attendance and those not will have the same information. I'll disappoint my old mucker Shaky by saying I don't see that happening beforehand otherwise it dilutes the purpose of the meeting itself. It's not far away either way.

Need to bottom out the process of how this will work for the wider membership, the majority of which won't be in attendance. However we do already have one ballot scheduled for next month, assuming someone stands for election of course. That will also be a topic for the meeting I would expect. However I would urge those who can attend to do so... It's the best way of ensuring your voice is heard.

As for streaming etc, it wasn't something planned and not sure of the practicalities for members etc. I'll raise the question anyway. Wasn't there a recording published previously?

Anyway I've an early one tomorrow so will try to answer questions tomorrow.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 22:26]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 12:12 - Jun 19 with 5395 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:25 - Jun 18 by Uxbridge

And a good one it is. Usual practice I would expect to apply... Chairman's address released during the evening so those in attendance and those not will have the same information. I'll disappoint my old mucker Shaky by saying I don't see that happening beforehand otherwise it dilutes the purpose of the meeting itself. It's not far away either way.

Need to bottom out the process of how this will work for the wider membership, the majority of which won't be in attendance. However we do already have one ballot scheduled for next month, assuming someone stands for election of course. That will also be a topic for the meeting I would expect. However I would urge those who can attend to do so... It's the best way of ensuring your voice is heard.

As for streaming etc, it wasn't something planned and not sure of the practicalities for members etc. I'll raise the question anyway. Wasn't there a recording published previously?

Why does it dilute the purpose of the meeting?

After we've been given the information, at what stage can we go away, formulate our questions and come back to you for answers?
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 5385 viewsAngelRangelQS

So its an on the day vote?
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 5249 viewsPegojack

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 12:21 - Jun 19 by AngelRangelQS

So its an on the day vote?

I very much doubt it.

If you have to consult the members, you have to consult ALL the members. Presumably by a postal vote.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:01 - Jun 19 with 5158 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 14:13 - Jun 19 by Pegojack

I very much doubt it.

If you have to consult the members, you have to consult ALL the members. Presumably by a postal vote.

I would agree that the views of the whole membership need to be taken when it comes to things such as a vote.

In terms of any questions arising from the meeting, I may ask if someone can sticky the contact details for the Trust which details the numerous options available - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/contact-us/

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:26 - Jun 19 with 5108 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:01 - Jun 19 by Uxbridge

I would agree that the views of the whole membership need to be taken when it comes to things such as a vote.

In terms of any questions arising from the meeting, I may ask if someone can sticky the contact details for the Trust which details the numerous options available - http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/contact-us/

Surely you need a forum for this?

Otherwise you're going to be asked the same questions over and over.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:49 - Jun 19 with 5076 viewsswancity

Nice to see some progress. Good luck in your quest to see that fair play is achieved. Remember that most members won't be there and most of those that are will not fully understand what has happened. They will need to be pointed in a direction that you deem most suitable. Take the bull by the horns though and go for it. And in the process, you'll see a resurgence in respect and interest in the Trust if you show that you have the balls.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:52 - Jun 19 with 5050 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:49 - Jun 19 by swancity

Nice to see some progress. Good luck in your quest to see that fair play is achieved. Remember that most members won't be there and most of those that are will not fully understand what has happened. They will need to be pointed in a direction that you deem most suitable. Take the bull by the horns though and go for it. And in the process, you'll see a resurgence in respect and interest in the Trust if you show that you have the balls.

Non-members like you won't be there either.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:02 - Jun 19 with 5047 viewsswancity

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:52 - Jun 19 by Darran

Non-members like you won't be there either.

No I'm not a Trust member any longer scruff. I didn't think it was worth it tbh. I don't like ten pin bowling.

If they can sort this mess out positively and readdress the balance I'll be pleased to rejoin. I still have my doubts. Will they just prefer to sweep it all under the carpet and carry on with building of bridges. We shall see.

I suppose you'll have some excuse for not going? I don't think they'll let scruffycoonts in mind. 😂😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:30 - Jun 19 with 4982 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:02 - Jun 19 by swancity

No I'm not a Trust member any longer scruff. I didn't think it was worth it tbh. I don't like ten pin bowling.

If they can sort this mess out positively and readdress the balance I'll be pleased to rejoin. I still have my doubts. Will they just prefer to sweep it all under the carpet and carry on with building of bridges. We shall see.

I suppose you'll have some excuse for not going? I don't think they'll let scruffycoonts in mind. 😂😂

Too fuçking right I'll have some excuse for not going.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:23 - Jun 19 with 4929 viewsPokerface

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:26 - Jun 19 by DafyddHuw

Surely you need a forum for this?

Otherwise you're going to be asked the same questions over and over.

This is a forum and same questions get asked over and over again, but I know what you mean.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:58 - Jun 19 with 4895 viewsDafyddHuw

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:23 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

This is a forum and same questions get asked over and over again, but I know what you mean.

This isn't a Trust forum, tho, it's a PS forum.

There's lots of fans who are Trust members who don't use PS.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 19:03 - Jun 19 with 4895 viewsPokerface

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:58 - Jun 19 by DafyddHuw

This isn't a Trust forum, tho, it's a PS forum.

There's lots of fans who are Trust members who don't use PS.

That wasn't my point but yeh.

Maybe more Planet Swans members who aren't Trust members.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:21 - Jun 19 with 4805 viewsDewi1jack

Could a summary of the Qc's advice, short summary of the forum and the Trust board advice on a direction to go be put into an EMail and be sent out to all members prior to a vote?
Or put on the Trust website and an EMail link be sent to all members?

I like many others really are going to struggle to attend but really wish to make as informed a decision on legal action as is humanly possible.
After all, any vote affects the Trust that has been set up to ensure the clubs survival and the club we all love.

If anyone is using Tw@ter/ faceslap or any other form of social media to 'live' update could they post a usable link for those of us who don't use social meedja as we really don't wish to know who's going for a shower or what form of toilet training they're undertaking

There is no room for protecting bruised or battered egos or covering anything up not if the Trust is going to survive and become as we all hope, much stronger.
Or at least have quite a few million sitting in the bank for the proverbial rainy day, keeping just enough shares to have a director sitting on the board.

And no NDA signed by the director!
That way any bad news can be published immediately using just the directors common sense on what is/ isn't a detrimental to the club (not the sellers/ shareholders/ money men, they don't matter. Only thing that matters to me is Swansea City Football Club)

Need to make sure all members have access to as much info as is humanely possible to ensure that they vote and for the best interests of the Trust and club.

And let's try and get as many members as possible to do a membership drive before the first couple of home games next season.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 4804 viewsShaky

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:25 - Jun 18 by Uxbridge

"dilutes the purpose of the meeting"?

Only if the purpose of the meeting is to generate maximum gasps of wonder and amazement as the previously sawn in half lady is revealed to be in one piece to the transfixed audience.

On the other hand if the purpose is a consultation as stated surly it makes sense have participants that have given the matter at hand some thought?

I'm sorry, but I find i hard to escape the suspicion that this setup is designed to manage the crowd and bounce it into a predetermined course of action.

At best it just becomes a glorified press briefing wiith a nice audience as a backdrop. There's certainly not going to be much consultation going on if people go in completely cold.

I urge you to reconsider.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:33]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:33 - Jun 19 with 4771 viewslondonlisa2001

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:23 - Jun 19 by Shaky

"dilutes the purpose of the meeting"?

Only if the purpose of the meeting is to generate maximum gasps of wonder and amazement as the previously sawn in half lady is revealed to be in one piece to the transfixed audience.

On the other hand if the purpose is a consultation as stated surly it makes sense have participants that have given the matter at hand some thought?

I'm sorry, but I find i hard to escape the suspicion that this setup is designed to manage the crowd and bounce it into a predetermined course of action.

At best it just becomes a glorified press briefing wiith a nice audience as a backdrop. There's certainly not going to be much consultation going on if people go in completely cold.

I urge you to reconsider.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:33]

Can I second this Ux, Phil and other Trust people.

Those of us that are members and live 200 miles away may like to contribute, and the contributions would be more effective if properly considered rather than scrambling around trying to find out what's being said from the odd tweet and half reported truths.

It can't be a consultation without preparation, it can only be a briefing. Surely a consultation would be more effective at this stage? All Trust members should be equal, not only those that can be in Swansea on any given night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024