Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea scouting department 23:35 - Jun 19 with 4411 viewsandrewcalo

Article from the Guardian - most clubs put us to shame in terms of numbers yet we seem to be holding our own

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/17/transfers-premier-league-scouti

"Swansea City
David Leadbeater is the head of recruitment and chief scout. Having arrived in 2010, he oversees a department that has enjoyed considerable success, although some of the club’s transfer dealings came under scrutiny in more recent times, before Swansea regained their touch in the January window, when Martin Olsson, Tom Carroll and Jordan Ayew made a positive impact. Leadbeater, who is credited with spotting Alfie Mawson playing for Barnsley, works closely with Tim Henderson, who looks after recruitment analysis. Swansea have five part-time scouts who cover Europe as well as the UK, with Brian Flynn, the former Wales international, the most senior. They also employ two part-time non-league scouts, one in the north and one in the south. "
Swansea scouting department on 20:48 - Jun 20 with 3929 viewsKilkennyjack

Be really great if our Academy could produce just one local player.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea scouting department on 21:42 - Jun 20 with 3842 viewsBanosswan

Swansea scouting department on 20:48 - Jun 20 by Kilkennyjack

Give it a rest ffs.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea scouting department on 20:08 - Jun 21 with 3540 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea scouting department on 21:42 - Jun 20 by Banosswan

Give it a rest ffs.

You carry on happy clapping mate.

I will keep calling it out until our Academy actually produces a meaningful local player for our first team.

Oh yes - and off feck ....

Swansea scouting department on 21:31 - Jun 21 with 3476 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/dynamics-swansea-citys-transfer-team

What goes into searching for a player to sign, and changes the American owners have made.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Swansea scouting department on 22:25 - Jun 21 with 3409 viewsTim_Harry

Swansea scouting department on 20:48 - Jun 20 by Kilkennyjack

How easy do you think it is to produce a player of genuine Premier League quality?

In recent years we've produced the likes of Joe Allen and Ben Davies. And both of those came along long before we had the grade one academy we have now. Allen came before we even had academy status of any sort.

The Welsh national team rarely has eleven Premier League quality players at any one time, yet some people expect us to produce a Premier League quality player every year. Not realistic, unfortunately.

It'll take years before our academy really starts to bear fruit. When the players in the younger age groups reach their twenties probably.

This area has lost loads of talent over the years. When I was a kid (I'm 42 now) there were loads of lads I knew who really should have made it. They didn't because there were no clubs with any worthwhile youth setups in the area to accommodate them. Some kids are not mature enough at that age to travel away and end up as wasted talent.

Swansea City has the chance now to stop that talent from becoming wasted.

By the time they reach under 23 level there'll only be a small number of local boys that have a genuine chance of making it. Which is why the club bring in players from elsewhere to play alongside the gems like Joe Rodon, Keston Davies etc. I don't think their careers would be aided by playing alongside nine or ten future Ragged School players!
Swansea scouting department on 23:00 - Jun 21 with 3360 viewsLoyal

Spotted Alfie Mawson 😂😂😂😂😂
He was touted for six months before we moved for him, I spotted him on that Channel 5 thing if that's the case. Fck me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea scouting department on 23:08 - Jun 21 with 3341 viewsNirvana

Swansea scouting department on 23:00 - Jun 21 by Loyal

Spotted Alfie Mawson 😂😂😂😂😂
He was touted for six months before we moved for him, I spotted him on that Channel 5 thing if that's the case. Fck me.

Keen eye for detail, Loyal.

That's his ONE claim to fame, too.

Hilarious in its ridiculousness, 'innit'?
Swansea scouting department on 05:42 - Jun 22 with 3235 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea scouting department on 22:25 - Jun 21 by Tim_Harry

How easy do you think it is to produce a player of genuine Premier League quality?

In recent years we've produced the likes of Joe Allen and Ben Davies. And both of those came along long before we had the grade one academy we have now. Allen came before we even had academy status of any sort.

The Welsh national team rarely has eleven Premier League quality players at any one time, yet some people expect us to produce a Premier League quality player every year. Not realistic, unfortunately.

It'll take years before our academy really starts to bear fruit. When the players in the younger age groups reach their twenties probably.

This area has lost loads of talent over the years. When I was a kid (I'm 42 now) there were loads of lads I knew who really should have made it. They didn't because there were no clubs with any worthwhile youth setups in the area to accommodate them. Some kids are not mature enough at that age to travel away and end up as wasted talent.

Swansea City has the chance now to stop that talent from becoming wasted.

By the time they reach under 23 level there'll only be a small number of local boys that have a genuine chance of making it. Which is why the club bring in players from elsewhere to play alongside the gems like Joe Rodon, Keston Davies etc. I don't think their careers would be aided by playing alongside nine or ten future Ragged School players!

You know that. Most other people know that. It's simple common sense.

Because a Welsh Messi didn't roll out of the RTB the day it opened Kilks isn't happy though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea scouting department on 07:33 - Jun 22 with 3152 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea scouting department on 05:42 - Jun 22 by Dr_Winston

You know that. Most other people know that. It's simple common sense.

Because a Welsh Messi didn't roll out of the RTB the day it opened Kilks isn't happy though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Or ...

Our club produces Shaun, jazz, ben, and joey within a few years with no money. All international and premiership players. All local. Fact.

We pump in multi millions every year now - and not a single meaningful local player has been produced. Fact.

You carry on happy clapping the Scottish players bought in because we cant produce any more.

Suck it up snowflake.

Swansea scouting department on 09:01 - Jun 22 with 3063 viewsraynor94

Swansea scouting department on 07:33 - Jun 22 by Kilkennyjack

Or ...

Our club produces Shaun, jazz, ben, and joey within a few years with no money. All international and premiership players. All local. Fact.

We pump in multi millions every year now - and not a single meaningful local player has been produced. Fact.

You carry on happy clapping the Scottish players bought in because we cant produce any more.

Suck it up snowflake.

Rome was not built in a day, at least give it a few years before you dismiss it out of hand as you seem to take great pleasure in doing, how long have had the Cat A status two years? the seeds have been planted let's wait and see what grows

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea scouting department on 09:19 - Jun 22 with 3033 viewsTailGunner

The chances of breaking through at Premier level are also of course massively reduced - compared to lower leagues, at all clubs.
Swansea scouting department on 11:41 - Jun 22 with 2880 viewsDrGonzo

Or ...

Suck it up snowflake.

Bar Southampton, are any team in the premier league consistently bringing local home grown players through Academies?
Swansea scouting department on 11:48 - Jun 22 with 2864 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea scouting department on 11:41 - Jun 22 by DrGonzo

Bar Southampton, are any team in the premier league consistently bringing local home grown players through Academies?

Are Southampton still doing it? They had a cracking cohort when Bale, Walcott and others came through in Dier's time there.

Edit, I suppose they are with the likes of Shaw, Lallana (a while ago), Schneiderlin (was he youth?). So I suppose they are - ignore me!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 11:49]
Swansea scouting department on 19:49 - Jun 22 with 2640 viewswhiterock

Swansea scouting department on 11:48 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

Are Southampton still doing it? They had a cracking cohort when Bale, Walcott and others came through in Dier's time there.

Edit, I suppose they are with the likes of Shaw, Lallana (a while ago), Schneiderlin (was he youth?). So I suppose they are - ignore me!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 11:49]

Lallana played for Bournemouth against us in league one
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 19:51]
Swansea scouting department on 03:01 - Jun 23 with 2469 viewsLoyal

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Swansea scouting department on 03:52 - Jun 23 with 2452 viewsGlyn1

Isn't this argument a little comparable to companies who don't want to have apprenticeship schemes, because it will always be cheaper and easier for them to bring in skilled foreign workers instead?

I do get it that the 500 Premier League players are the top of the pile and most of them will come from elsewhere - what I don't understand is why there are so many foreign players in the Championship and the lower divisions, surely we can get our young players up to that level at least?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea scouting department on 06:29 - Jun 23 with 2418 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea scouting department on 03:52 - Jun 23 by Glyn1

Isn't this argument a little comparable to companies who don't want to have apprenticeship schemes, because it will always be cheaper and easier for them to bring in skilled foreign workers instead?

I do get it that the 500 Premier League players are the top of the pile and most of them will come from elsewhere - what I don't understand is why there are so many foreign players in the Championship and the lower divisions, surely we can get our young players up to that level at least?

We can. It just takes time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea scouting department on 07:04 - Jun 23 with 2398 viewspencoedjack

Brian Flynn the most senior scout

Fuk me football has moved on since his day ... jobs for the boys
Swansea scouting department on 07:46 - Jun 23 with 2368 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea scouting department on 06:29 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

No.

We have gone backwards.
We used to produce local premiership and international level players on a regular basis.
And recently.

With multi millions going in we should at least be doing the same, or better.

In truth its not fit for purpose.
Unless we have become a charity, in which case carry on not producing.

Maybe the hunger has gone ?

Swansea scouting department on 07:58 - Jun 23 with 2358 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea scouting department on 07:46 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

No.

We have gone backwards.
We used to produce local premiership and international level players on a regular basis.
And recently.

We produced two top quality players within a couple of years of each other. The last time we did that before was in the mid-70's. So going by your logic and keeping things as they were we could have expect the next batch of products some time in the 2030's.

Swansea scouting department on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 2282 viewsLoyal

The next Alan Curtis has got RSI.
It's a shame,

Swansea scouting department on 13:55 - Jun 23 with 2173 viewsjedijack

Swansea scouting department on 06:29 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

Well I think it's disgusting that this all singing, all dancing academy wasn't scoped to include a time machine.

How narrow minded.
Swansea scouting department on 13:58 - Jun 23 with 2165 viewsjasper_T

Or ...

Suck it up snowflake.

Shaun Macdonald and Jazz Richards are worse footballers than some of the u23s that can't break into our first team now.
Swansea scouting department on 14:21 - Jun 23 with 2133 viewsGlyn1

Swansea scouting department on 07:04 - Jun 23 by pencoedjack

Brian Flynn the most senior scout

Fuk me football has moved on since his day ... jobs for the boys

Maybe he's moved on with it.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea scouting department on 14:37 - Jun 23 with 2119 viewsjack247

Swansea scouting department on 07:46 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

No.

We have gone backwards.
And recently.

It's going to be very rare that we produce a local player ready to walk into PL football. Ben Davies was an exception. I doubt Joe would have gone straight in at this level. The others that have come through just aren't good enough.

If it's churning out players as good as Jazz and Shaun in decent numbers, it may not help us now, but will be invaluable should we get relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024