Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. 17:51 - Jun 20 with 2437 viewsJackfath

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice regarding my device which I use to watch the usual addons.

It's gone awry. The front page won't allow me to access the settings and the page which is asking me to "download DP" tells me it's not connected to the internet when it is.

I'm guessing there's a software glitch and as I can't access the settings anymore it's ready for the bin? If that's the case then what's the latest and best box to purchase? Should I be looking at a firestick instead?

Are there any experts there who have an idea how to fix the current box?

Any help regarding this issue would be most welcome. Thanks all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 17:59 - Jun 20 with 2424 viewsClydachjack

Have you done a hard reset to set it all back to default, should be a pinhole somewhere, normally underneath. Press it in with a paperclip, but it will delete everything and return the box to factory defaults so you would have to put kodi back on yourself.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 2410 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 17:59 - Jun 20 by Clydachjack

Have you done a hard reset to set it all back to default, should be a pinhole somewhere, normally underneath. Press it in with a paperclip, but it will delete everything and return the box to factory defaults so you would have to put kodi back on yourself.

Yep. The reset button on my one is in the av jack plug. Pressed it and nothing happens.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:29 - Jun 20 with 2383 viewsjedijack

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:12 - Jun 20 by Jackfath

Yep. The reset button on my one is in the av jack plug. Pressed it and nothing happens.

Try removing the box power cable, then press the av reset button and keep it held in, then re-insert the power cable and turn the box on (if it has a button). Make sure the reset button is held in during the whole process, you should be greeted with Android recovery.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:40 - Jun 20 with 2375 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:29 - Jun 20 by jedijack

Try removing the box power cable, then press the av reset button and keep it held in, then re-insert the power cable and turn the box on (if it has a button). Make sure the reset button is held in during the whole process, you should be greeted with Android recovery.

I'll give that a whirl. Diolch.

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 19:42 - Jun 20 with 2335 viewsJackfath

Managed to reset as you suggested. However it's hanging on the screen now and says "installing droidplayer apps, please wait..."

Is it Donald ducked?

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:11 - Jun 20 with 2317 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 19:42 - Jun 20 by Jackfath

Managed to reset as you suggested. However it's hanging on the screen now and says "installing droidplayer apps, please wait..."

Is it Donald ducked?

It's gone all the way and loaded the apps but is now showing a blank screen. No response from the remote apart from turning it off and on.

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 2299 viewsjedijack

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:11 - Jun 20 by Jackfath

It's gone all the way and loaded the apps but is now showing a blank screen. No response from the remote apart from turning it off and on.

You you do a factory reset in the recovery, or was it an automated process?
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:35 - Jun 20 with 2296 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:32 - Jun 20 by jedijack

You you do a factory reset in the recovery, or was it an automated process?

It gave me a number of choices. I did a factory reset.

Login to get fewer ads

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:54 - Jun 20 with 2277 viewsjedijack

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:35 - Jun 20 by Jackfath

It gave me a number of choices. I did a factory reset.

Maybe try another factory reset mate but I have to say it's looking a little grim.

You'd expect a factory reset to fix most basic issues really.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:56 - Jun 20 with 2274 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 20:54 - Jun 20 by jedijack

Maybe try another factory reset mate but I have to say it's looking a little grim.

You'd expect a factory reset to fix most basic issues really.

I've tried it a few times. It's dead I reckon. Now, what's best to buy these days? Another droid box or a fire stick perhaps? What would you recommend?

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:15 - Jun 20 with 2256 viewsClydachjack

Depends on what you want to pay, I've run Kodi on a number of devices, the best I've found is the Amazon fire tv v2, Raspberry pi 3 is also very stable but needs you to know a little about burning images to an SD card.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:21 - Jun 20 with 2244 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:15 - Jun 20 by Clydachjack

Depends on what you want to pay, I've run Kodi on a number of devices, the best I've found is the Amazon fire tv v2, Raspberry pi 3 is also very stable but needs you to know a little about burning images to an SD card.

I've got an old pi which runs xbmc although I haven't used it for ages.

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:31 - Jun 20 with 2232 viewsClydachjack

Then you can always update it to run Kodi, I have the pi 3 running retro pi so I can play all the old games, it also has kodi built in.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:37 - Jun 20 with 2222 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:31 - Jun 20 by Clydachjack

Then you can always update it to run Kodi, I have the pi 3 running retro pi so I can play all the old games, it also has kodi built in.

Yes perhaps I'll have a play around and sort it from there. Where did you get the old games from? Spectrum emulator?

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:29 - Jun 21 with 2145 viewsClydachjack

You can put a speccy emulator on there, I have them all on a 64gb sd card, all speccy, c64, amstrad, dragon etc

Just google name of device complete rom set for the games.
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:53 - Jun 21 with 2131 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 18:29 - Jun 21 by Clydachjack

You can put a speccy emulator on there, I have them all on a 64gb sd card, all speccy, c64, amstrad, dragon etc

Just google name of device complete rom set for the games.

Dug out the pi, plugged it in and it updated itself. It's running OSMC - will that be OK to run the latest adds etc? What are the latest and best ad dons to go for? What's the newest version of streamboxtv and what's the repo to get that sorted?

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 19:07 - Jun 21 with 2119 viewsClydachjack

Well I run the wookie wizard as it's all set up https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/
Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 19:30 - Jun 21 with 2098 viewsJackfath

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 19:07 - Jun 21 by Clydachjack

Well I run the wookie wizard as it's all set up https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

Cheers. I've tried it but it's saying "couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

This is the same sort of message I was getting before with the old droid player.

Droid Box quad core - Kodi related. on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 2065 viewsClydachjack

I know they were having trouble with their servers this afternoon, been no update on twitter from them so that might be the problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024