Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:59 - Jun 20 with 38799 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 9:41]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:22 - Jun 21 with 4032 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:08 - Jun 21 by jack247

Not for a single second doubting he is a better bet than Montero. I just haven't seen much from him in a Swans shirt outside the obvious pace and aggression.

He hasn't had much of a chance yet I guess. Certainly haven't seen anything special though, unlike the other January signings. Hope Tummer is right and he does hit the heights the other three have sooner than later.

To be clear, there isn't much "special" about Narsingh at all. So, you probably won't find any of that.

What he brings is a serviceable option out wide, someone who can be subbed on and make an impact on the scoreline. I would trust him in that role A LOT more than Montero, and that's where I would keep him.

PL impact sub is probably the ceiling for Narsingh and should be the expectation, as well. At his price, that's as good as we're going to get. Anything more is a bonus.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:27 - Jun 21 with 4003 viewspencoedjack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:14 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

I'm not going to get into a "Narsingh is good" debate with you, as that's not my forte. As I've said many times on here and to you, I wouldn't have brought him to Swansea. So, I'm clearly not a fan.

But if you watch a little bit of Narsingh when he's not playing for a dysfunctional club battling relegation, he actually has shown flashes of quality. I've seen quite a bit of PSV the past couple seasons, and Narsingh was always one of their better attackers. Whether that applies to us, I don't know, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I stand by my "daft" sentence. I know it's nuanced and not a hot take, thus difficult for many to parse, but it's absolutely accurate. There's some PSV games online if you want to check out why.

My PSV supporting mate told me (when we signed him) he's inconsistent & injury prone

At the moment I have seen nothing to disagree with him
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:28 - Jun 21 with 4005 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:22 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

To be clear, there isn't much "special" about Narsingh at all. So, you probably won't find any of that.

What he brings is a serviceable option out wide, someone who can be subbed on and make an impact on the scoreline. I would trust him in that role A LOT more than Montero, and that's where I would keep him.

PL impact sub is probably the ceiling for Narsingh and should be the expectation, as well. At his price, that's as good as we're going to get. Anything more is a bonus.

Agree with that. As the pacy impact option, which we should really have in most games, I'd have him ahead of Montero or Barrow.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:52 - Jun 21 with 3937 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:27 - Jun 21 by pencoedjack

My PSV supporting mate told me (when we signed him) he's inconsistent & injury prone

At the moment I have seen nothing to disagree with him

Again, I would agree with him.

But, those don't really refute my statement describing his strengths on the pitch. He is definitely inconsistent and injury-prone, but he can also do the things that I said.

Again, I'm not a Narsingh-apologist. I'm just being realistic about a player who has shown quality in the past and hasn't really had a chance to prove it with us yet.

Maybe ask your mate for a little more explanation and see what he says?
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:54 - Jun 21 with 3927 viewsspiderboy

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:08 - Jun 20 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:47]

Yes,we have to"stand by your man' on this one!
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 3913 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:28 - Jun 21 by jack247

Agree with that. As the pacy impact option, which we should really have in most games, I'd have him ahead of Montero or Barrow.

I'd have Montero and Barrow gone, and I hope the club agrees.

They've both had their chance, and disappointed.

Now it's Narsingh's turn.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:10 - Jun 21 with 3876 viewsclement

[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 22:11]

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:11 - Jun 21 with 3873 viewsTNT

Oh! Tammy, Tammy...

...Tammy, Tammy, Tammy, Tammy Abraham

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:23 - Jun 21 with 3844 viewsNirvana

To the OP:

I don't know much about the kid, as I actively try and avoid watching the Championship, but from what I've seen he has talent. He scored a lot of goals, albeit from the video they are almost exclusively of the poacher's variety and the defending on many is ffukkingg unbelievably bad. That is a warning sign for a club like ours with limited creativity at the moment.

Borja actually scored a lot of goals too, but in a league with better quality than the PL. That didn't mean much, of course, so we'll see with Abraham. I hope he scores a lot for us this season, and is worth the expensive pricetag renting him one year will cost. But I also know he's young and very skinny, and is going to struggle to adjust to the level of talent, at least at first, the PL has on offer.

It's also a strange move for me in terms of timing, as we have so many more pressing areas of concern than backup ST right now. I don't understand why Jenkins is not moving as quickly on those positions, and securing quality there first. Either way, here's the video of his goals again and a video a full match that I watched last night:

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:26 - Jun 21 with 3834 viewsCooperman

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:18 - Jun 21 by Hubert

Papers at the weekend were quoting a million pound loan fee and 50k a week for Abraham, so definitely not a cheap option

Fair enough for the £1m fee but £50k per week???

That's got to be £30k too high, surely?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:57 - Jun 21 with 3763 viewsJango

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:23 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

To the OP:

I don't know much about the kid, as I actively try and avoid watching the Championship, but from what I've seen he has talent. He scored a lot of goals, albeit from the video they are almost exclusively of the poacher's variety and the defending on many is ffukkingg unbelievably bad. That is a warning sign for a club like ours with limited creativity at the moment.

Borja actually scored a lot of goals too, but in a league with better quality than the PL. That didn't mean much, of course, so we'll see with Abraham. I hope he scores a lot for us this season, and is worth the expensive pricetag renting him one year will cost. But I also know he's young and very skinny, and is going to struggle to adjust to the level of talent, at least at first, the PL has on offer.

It's also a strange move for me in terms of timing, as we have so many more pressing areas of concern than backup ST right now. I don't understand why Jenkins is not moving as quickly on those positions, and securing quality there first. Either way, here's the video of his goals again and a video a full match that I watched last night:

If the board are confident that Gomis and Baston are off then this deal seems a no brainer. Very little outlay meaning they can focus more of the budget on the positions of more importance.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:22 - Jun 21 with 3718 viewsBorojack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:57 - Jun 21 by Jango

If the board are confident that Gomis and Baston are off then this deal seems a no brainer. Very little outlay meaning they can focus more of the budget on the positions of more importance.

I think that's a defensive midfielder

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 00:05 - Jun 22 with 3626 viewsswanforthemoney

To the OP:

On the 'all 26 goals' there's a funny scene at about 1:30+ where the hoarding collapses under the weight of some hefty Bristol pie-eaters.

I stand in the North Stand

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 12:35 - Jun 22 with 3284 views34dfgdf54

To the OP:

That post pretty much sums up my feelings on the signing of Abraham.

Well said.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 12:44 - Jun 22 with 3249 viewsjack2jack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:17 - Jun 20 by Dr_Winston

A cursory look over the Youtube video of all his goals last season suggest that he's more of a poacher than a targetman. We'd have to do a lot better at playing to his strengths than we have any other non-Bony/Llorente forward in the last three years to get the best out of him if this is true.

My mate is a massive Chelsea fan (bless him), and your right, he's a fox in the box type player, and he reckons he could score a load of goals for us, given the right service.
Hope he's right
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:00 - Jun 22 with 2987 viewsLoyal

Hasn't signed officially yet ....
I hear Huw is in a trance again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:34 - Jun 22 with 2923 viewsjasper_T

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 12:44 - Jun 22 by jack2jack

My mate is a massive Chelsea fan (bless him), and your right, he's a fox in the box type player, and he reckons he could score a load of goals for us, given the right service.
Hope he's right

According to some on here Messi wouldn't have scored many for us last season with the service the team was providing, so hopefully a few big signings are around the corner.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:39 - Jun 22 with 2913 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:00 - Jun 22 by Loyal

Hasn't signed officially yet ....
I hear Huw is in a trance again.

Maybe waiting for him to return from Poland, to show him at the Liberty holding up a shirt?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:48 - Jun 22 with 2880 viewsSwans_16

Abraham could mark the start of us spending this Summer, and we do need to spend.

In addition though since Borja/Gomis are off i still think we may need striker cover, Iheanacho would be a good buy, but since we are close to announcing Tammy, i can't see us forking out £20 million on him.

Get the deal done Huw.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:12 - Jun 22 with 2811 viewsmax936

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:34 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

According to some on here Messi wouldn't have scored many for us last season with the service the team was providing, so hopefully a few big signings are around the corner.

Ronaldo is on his way I heard, seeing as Utd don't want him

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 2739 viewsjacktar

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:48 - Jun 22 by Swans_16

Abraham could mark the start of us spending this Summer, and we do need to spend.

In addition though since Borja/Gomis are off i still think we may need striker cover, Iheanacho would be a good buy, but since we are close to announcing Tammy, i can't see us forking out £20 million on him.

Get the deal done Huw.

It's being reported that Leicester City are preparing a £25 million deal for Iheanacho. Jenkins would have a fit mun.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:07 - Jun 22 with 2626 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:38 - Jun 22 by jacktar

It's being reported that Leicester City are preparing a £25 million deal for Iheanacho. Jenkins would have a fit mun.

Selling Vardy then?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:11 - Jun 22 with 2512 viewsCooperman

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:48 - Jun 22 by Swans_16

Get the deal done Huw.

You can't see us forking out £20m on him?

We won't fork out £20m on anyone.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 2176 viewsHeadmaster

I thought this deal was done, or have I missed something?
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:47 - Jun 23 with 2054 viewsLoyal

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:27 - Jun 23 by Headmaster

I thought this deal was done, or have I missed something?

Def not done yet, Huw is dragging his heels again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024