Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:59 - Jun 20 with 39148 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 9:41]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:23 - Jun 20 with 3663 viewsPozuelosSideys

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:18 - Jun 20 by Vetchfieldpasty

Abraham is 19 year old who is leading the line for England under 21s and banged in 24 goals last year in the championship.......wtf is there not to get excited about?? Liverpool fans are raving about getting Solanki and he couldn't get in the under 21s squad. And before anyone says its only the under 21s, everyone seemed rather proud of our Alfie with his goal. All these comments he can't play this way or can only play that way are nonsense, he's 19 he can play anyway he likes. Bloody great signing if we can convince a player like him to come to us. This is why we signed Clement to tap up his contacts or was we expecting Ronaldo or Robbin to sign??
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 23:21]

No, this guy

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:45 - Jun 20 with 3587 viewshobo

Abraham is 19 year old who is leading the line for England under 21s and banged in 24 goals last year in the championship.......wtf is there not to get excited about?? Liverpool fans are raving about getting Solanki and he couldn't get in the under 21s squad. And before anyone says its only the under 21s, everyone seemed rather proud of our Alfie with his goal. All these comments he can't play this way or can only play that way are nonsense, he's 19 he can play anyway he likes. Bloody great signing if we can convince a player like him to come to us. This is why we signed Clement to tap up his contacts or was we expecting Ronaldo or Robbin to sign??

Liverpool are excited because they got Solanki on a permanent deal. I doubt he'll see much gametime this season
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:59 - Jun 20 with 3549 viewsnyc_swans

i wonder if there will be a view to a permanent deal. hard to imagine this guy leading the line for chelsea one day no matter how good he is. the odds of making it through their academy are minuscule.

i am not in love with the idea of bringing key players in on loan. 5 years ago, maybe. the financial reality of the situation now is that a club in this position shouldn't have to depend on incoming loans. i wonder what chelsea values the player at.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 00:00 - Jun 21 with 3543 viewsDafyddHuw

At last. Someone with a bit of sense
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 00:21 - Jun 21 with 3502 viewsraynor94

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:48 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Unless we are changing our whole way of playing compared to last season, he's going to struggle. Not getting excited with this one at all. Offload Gomis and Borja, and I'd be back in market for another striker on top of this, two if Llorente goes.

What a load of old pony, Clement will know exactly how to play him, this is 'very similar to when Lukaku went on loan to the Baggies from Chelsea, he scored 17 goals that season, I'm certainly excited about the signing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 01:13 - Jun 21 with 3461 viewsLoyal

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:42 - Jun 20 by jacktar

Perhaps it's part of the Abraham deal.

Terry isn't a Chelsea player.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 1:15]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 01:38 - Jun 21 with 3441 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Newcastle's delusion and butthurt over this is hilarious.

Not in the original tweet, but in most of the replies.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 7:04]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 05:41 - Jun 21 with 3354 viewsDr_Winston

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 23:11 - Jun 20 by PozuelosSideys

This is all well and good, but as mentioned above, since when has any o fthe poacher type strikers done well for us in the last 10-15 years? A player like that wont work up front on their own, at least without a huge change in tactics and formation.

Also, i hope to fck Llorente isnt a makeweight in this going the other way

Scotland and Michu were essentially poachers, Trundle too to a certain extent.

Went to shit after Monk started tinkering.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 06:42 - Jun 21 with 3296 views34dfgdf54

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 00:21 - Jun 21 by raynor94

What a load of old pony, Clement will know exactly how to play him, this is 'very similar to when Lukaku went on loan to the Baggies from Chelsea, he scored 17 goals that season, I'm certainly excited about the signing

Lukaku was a fast, seriously strong striker who had been banging them in for Anderlecht when Chelsea signed him. He's nothing like Abraham.

Watched him for Bristol City, and England u21s, I don't think he's up to this level. Fair dos though atleast you have an opinion this time, normally you just sit on the fence.

We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed you're right.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 6:43]
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:04 - Jun 21 with 3122 viewsAngelRangelQS

Baston is a poacher and sh*t therefore Planet Swans logic is that any other striker in remotely the same mould will also be sh*t.

24 goals in the Championship last season, a player with lots of potential and one who'll hopefully give us plenty of options. It's about time we used the loan market
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:15 - Jun 21 with 3105 viewsJonTheJack

This has absolutely no weight at this point whatsoever, as I have only seen him play one match which was the u21 match the other night; but he reminded me of Danny Welbeck. Very mobile with a lot of nice touches and very decent hold up play; fantastic for Redmond's goal.

I'm definitely looking forward to see more of him, and if he can mix that up with his goal scoring touch he displayed last year then why the hell wouldn't we be interested in players like this?
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:33 - Jun 21 with 3061 viewsvetchonian

Whilst this may turn out to be a great sigining what does it say about our acadamy system?
We are taking a 19 year old from Chelsea and yet we have a 21 year old goal scorer who we are looking to loan out?
What must Oli be feeling?
Surely we should have had him out in the Championship lsast season and then back here for this?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:36 - Jun 21 with 3050 viewsnantywatcher

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:15 - Jun 21 by JonTheJack

This has absolutely no weight at this point whatsoever, as I have only seen him play one match which was the u21 match the other night; but he reminded me of Danny Welbeck. Very mobile with a lot of nice touches and very decent hold up play; fantastic for Redmond's goal.

I'm definitely looking forward to see more of him, and if he can mix that up with his goal scoring touch he displayed last year then why the hell wouldn't we be interested in players like this?

Texted a friend of mine who is an ex Bristol City director who says we have grabbed a "gem of a player""
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:53 - Jun 21 with 3011 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:33 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Whilst this may turn out to be a great sigining what does it say about our acadamy system?
We are taking a 19 year old from Chelsea and yet we have a 21 year old goal scorer who we are looking to loan out?
What must Oli be feeling?
Surely we should have had him out in the Championship lsast season and then back here for this?

Oli will be thinking "Great a chance to get out on loan and prove I can score goals in a seriously competitive league in the championship not just a mickey mouse Under 23 league where if you have any sort of chance of breaking into the Premier League you would have done so by 21 at the latest not 23"

But thats just a guess as can't read minds.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:07 - Jun 21 with 2979 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Love the comment thread about how Dwight Gayle is better than Fernando, absolutely clueless
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:10 - Jun 21 with 2970 viewsjasper_T

It's a big step up from the Championship and international u21s to the Premier League, and we've only got him for a year so who knows if he can manage it in that time.

A backup striker with potential isn't a bloody great signing for an established PL club.

Just a shame it was either him or Ronaldo and Robben, innit.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:17 - Jun 21 with 2855 views34dfgdf54

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:10 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

It's a big step up from the Championship and international u21s to the Premier League, and we've only got him for a year so who knows if he can manage it in that time.

A backup striker with potential isn't a bloody great signing for an established PL club.

If he's a back up striker, I'd assume Chelsea would drag him back and loan him elsewhere.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:31 - Jun 21 with 2806 viewsraynor94

Jesus! we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet, the shirt is up for grabs, I'm pretty positive Clement knows what he is doing, let's see how we start pre season before talking about Chelsea recalling him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:32 - Jun 21 with 2801 viewsLoyal

This isn't just about playing time, it's about the whole package, training, travelling, being involved in the squad, understanding tactics and strategy and being mentored in 'growing up' which Angel Rangel is very keen to pass on. Hence is daynto day involvement with Leon.

So, broader picture fellow jacks. Not just kicking a ball.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:33 - Jun 21 with 2795 viewsphilswansfan

BBC now also reporting done deal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40325981

And some footage of every goal he scored for Bristol City last season...

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:34 - Jun 21 with 2789 viewsoldcob

Can't get excited over loan deals. If he's a success he goes back to Chelsea. If he fails it was a waste of time. Either way we are going to be looking for a striker this time next year.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:36 - Jun 21 with 2779 viewsLoyal

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:34 - Jun 21 by oldcob

Can't get excited over loan deals. If he's a success he goes back to Chelsea. If he fails it was a waste of time. Either way we are going to be looking for a striker this time next year.

Let's not bother then 😂
Miserable fckr 😂

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:41 - Jun 21 with 2760 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 09:10 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

Yeah because nothing shouts established PL team like confirming your place in that league on the 2nd to last game after being in the relegation zone for the most of the season!!

Reality is our budget dictates we need these type of signings to compete as if you think the Yanks will bank roll two "first choice" strikers or even three after the Borja disaster your delusional.

Also is it really that big a step......Andre Gray, Callum Wilson, Benik Afobe, Troy Deeney, have all stepped up in recent years and they all had many years on Tammy Abraham, so no reason why he can't?

Just think this is now reality and given the link to Adebayor recently I'd far far far prefer TA to him!!
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:42 - Jun 21 with 2759 viewsLeonWasGod

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 08:15 - Jun 21 by JonTheJack

I imagine most people have only seen him play once or twice and are making a judgment on the 'type' of player they've heard he may be.

If PC wants him, that's good enough for me. Yep, very much looking forward to seeing how he gets on.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:42 - Jun 21 with 2751 viewsdailew

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:34 - Jun 21 by oldcob

Permanent deals for successful strikers don't seem to last much longer.

Ayew here for only one season. Bony one and a half.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024