Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stonehenge 07:41 - Jun 21 with 2748 viewscentrestandswan

Happy longest day...😎 to all.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Stonehenge on 08:56 - Jun 21 with 2254 viewsNogginthenog

Nice, but will it ever be finished?
Stonehenge on 09:03 - Jun 21 with 2244 viewsswanjackal

Call me boorish, but having been there, albeit not on the solstice, I found it be a tad unexciting. The only thing interesting to me were the conversations by people and realising how mental others can be.

Things like "I can feel a real energy surrounding me here" or "my soul is at peace" and all that hippy shite. "Soul" and "energy"? Fruitcakes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Stonehenge on 09:59 - Jun 21 with 2223 viewsLeonWasGod

Stonehenge on 09:03 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

Call me boorish, but having been there, albeit not on the solstice, I found it be a tad unexciting. The only thing interesting to me were the conversations by people and realising how mental others can be.

Things like "I can feel a real energy surrounding me here" or "my soul is at peace" and all that hippy shite. "Soul" and "energy"? Fruitcakes.

I take it you haven't discovered your inner yin. Or is it yang?
Stonehenge on 10:08 - Jun 21 with 2214 viewsSoberBaker

Yep, it's mundane as f*ck when sober.

Three purple ohms and a bottle of pink grapefruit mad dog in your late teens and it's the most fascinating place on earth

AMOW

Stonehenge on 10:13 - Jun 21 with 2203 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 10:08 - Jun 21 by SoberBaker

Yep, it's mundane as f*ck when sober.

Three purple ohms and a bottle of pink grapefruit mad dog in your late teens and it's the most fascinating place on earth

The same thing could be levelled with my ex's parents utility room circa '96 when using the tumble dryer as a convenient urinal whilst dueting with their golden retriever on "Islands in the stream" in just a pair of batman boxers.

PS: I was stoned off my tits at Stonehenge, still no help in that respect.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 10:16]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Stonehenge on 10:41 - Jun 21 with 2182 viewsSoberBaker

Stonehenge on 10:13 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

The same thing could be levelled with my ex's parents utility room circa '96 when using the tumble dryer as a convenient urinal whilst dueting with their golden retriever on "Islands in the stream" in just a pair of batman boxers.

PS: I was stoned off my tits at Stonehenge, still no help in that respect.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 10:16]

AMOW

Stonehenge on 20:01 - Jun 21 with 2076 viewsNirvana

You just gotta expand your mind a bit, Jackal.

I honestly view you as one of the more intelligent and authentic posters on here, but you're being a bit too cynical here.

Yes, the hippy-talk can be nauseating but the world (and universe, etc.) truly does run on energy and matter and all that, so there is something there. Stand around Stonehenge (or Avebury, etc.) by yourself doing various breathing exercises and you'll feel something, I promise.

Whether the Merlin-looking dude with green-and-purple George Clinton highlights can really "feel his soul at peace" I'm not so sure. He probably is just "feeling" a really heavy mushroom sshitt coming on, and his "soul" is trying to make "peace" with his asshole first.
Stonehenge on 20:12 - Jun 21 with 2057 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 20:01 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

You just gotta expand your mind a bit, Jackal.

I honestly view you as one of the more intelligent and authentic posters on here, but you're being a bit too cynical here.

Yes, the hippy-talk can be nauseating but the world (and universe, etc.) truly does run on energy and matter and all that, so there is something there. Stand around Stonehenge (or Avebury, etc.) by yourself doing various breathing exercises and you'll feel something, I promise.

Whether the Merlin-looking dude with green-and-purple George Clinton highlights can really "feel his soul at peace" I'm not so sure. He probably is just "feeling" a really heavy mushroom sshitt coming on, and his "soul" is trying to make "peace" with his asshole first.

I done a shit ton of weed that day (well first time there) and nothing. Did some heavy breathing exercises after walking several miles from where the car was parked, all I felt was a stitch........I did see stars though.

I fully believe in energy and recycling of it , but not in the hippy reincarnation nonsense, we die, our body gets broken down and your matter recycled.

Spirituality and all that gubbins is just that to me, gubbins.

Login to get fewer ads

Stonehenge on 20:26 - Jun 21 with 2031 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 20:12 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

I done a shit ton of weed that day (well first time there) and nothing. Did some heavy breathing exercises after walking several miles from where the car was parked, all I felt was a stitch........I did see stars though.

I fully believe in energy and recycling of it , but not in the hippy reincarnation nonsense, we die, our body gets broken down and your matter recycled.

Spirituality and all that gubbins is just that to me, gubbins.

I would say it's best to experience places of reverence like this sober, at least the first time, so that is the barometer and not some trippy or stoned memory. Start small and branch out from there, not the other way around. Too many people go to these places high the first time, and then seeing it sober can be quite the letdown.

I am not a religious person at all, and I hate the way spirituality is thrown around by ffukkingg hipsters and whatnot nowadays. But science is also a religion essentially, as I have no ffukkingg idea whether there are other planets out there, and that's some pretty basic sshitt at this point.

I believe scientists, but the world is a mysterious place. "Spirituality" is just our way of coming to terms with that. It's okay by me, if done appropriately. Like all things, moderation is the key.

To each his own, though.
Stonehenge on 20:31 - Jun 21 with 2013 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 20:26 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

I would say it's best to experience places of reverence like this sober, at least the first time, so that is the barometer and not some trippy or stoned memory. Start small and branch out from there, not the other way around. Too many people go to these places high the first time, and then seeing it sober can be quite the letdown.

I am not a religious person at all, and I hate the way spirituality is thrown around by ffukkingg hipsters and whatnot nowadays. But science is also a religion essentially, as I have no ffukkingg idea whether there are other planets out there, and that's some pretty basic sshitt at this point.

I believe scientists, but the world is a mysterious place. "Spirituality" is just our way of coming to terms with that. It's okay by me, if done appropriately. Like all things, moderation is the key.

To each his own, though.

I agree with each to their own, until someone tries to convince me....then I want more than anecdotal evidence. Split with an ex over her "belief"in all things "spiritual".

Stonehenge on 20:35 - Jun 21 with 1993 viewsNogginthenog

Stonehenge on 09:59 - Jun 21 by LeonWasGod

I take it you haven't discovered your inner yin. Or is it yang?

Billy Connoly is the big Ying
Stonehenge on 20:47 - Jun 21 with 1969 viewslifelong

How did those stones get there from Pembrokeshire?
Stonehenge on 20:50 - Jun 21 with 1959 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 20:47 - Jun 21 by lifelong

Stonehenge on 20:52 - Jun 21 with 1952 viewsdickythorpe

Stonehenge on 20:47 - Jun 21 by lifelong

Mansel Davies haulage
Stonehenge on 20:58 - Jun 21 with 1940 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 20:31 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

I agree with each to their own, until someone tries to convince me....then I want more than anecdotal evidence. Split with an ex over her "belief"in all things "spiritual".

I would agree.

"All things" are the key words there, though. Obsession is unhealthy, and dangerous when applied to the 'unknown'. I'd say you made a great decision to get out, quickly.

But, personally, when I hear a woman say the word "spiritual" the first thing I assume is that she's a great ffukk, and that she enjoys it. My assumption is based on experience. I then allow her to "expose" her 'spirituality' to me and we begin anew afterwards.

I've gotten to know some very interesting (and beautiful) ladies this way, and the biggest lesson I learned is the "spirituality" bit is just foreplay for them. Not all, obviously, but most.

But, a relationship? Nah, I'll pass.
Stonehenge on 21:02 - Jun 21 with 1928 viewslifelong

Stonehenge on 20:52 - Jun 21 by dickythorpe

Mansel Davies haulage

Good shout, my money is on the old Swansea to Ilfracombe paddle steamer.
Stonehenge on 21:02 - Jun 21 with 1928 viewsNeath_Jack

I think it's wonderful there, and it's beautiful to see all the homosexual ladies and gentlemen there, it's like a spiritual gay pride.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stonehenge on 21:24 - Jun 21 with 1889 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 20:58 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

I would agree.

"All things" are the key words there, though. Obsession is unhealthy, and dangerous when applied to the 'unknown'. I'd say you made a great decision to get out, quickly.

But, personally, when I hear a woman say the word "spiritual" the first thing I assume is that she's a great ffukk, and that she enjoys it. My assumption is based on experience. I then allow her to "expose" her 'spirituality' to me and we begin anew afterwards.

I've gotten to know some very interesting (and beautiful) ladies this way, and the biggest lesson I learned is the "spirituality" bit is just foreplay for them. Not all, obviously, but most.

But, a relationship? Nah, I'll pass.

She was dirtier than a farmer's welly. I didn't know her ideas at first, but after a while she exposed more of her ideas to me, and it kind of killed the passion. Should have guessed by the tattoos she had

Stonehenge on 21:46 - Jun 21 with 1851 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 21:24 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

She was dirtier than a farmer's welly. I didn't know her ideas at first, but after a while she exposed more of her ideas to me, and it kind of killed the passion. Should have guessed by the tattoos she had

Haha I can imagine it was pretty fun for a while, though, right?

A lot of them do have tattoos, don't they? Of a ffukkingg sparrow or something weirdly normal, right? I'm guessing your ex's were a bit more elaborate than that, though.
Stonehenge on 21:59 - Jun 21 with 1828 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 21:46 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

Haha I can imagine it was pretty fun for a while, though, right?

A lot of them do have tattoos, don't they? Of a ffukkingg sparrow or something weirdly normal, right? I'm guessing your ex's were a bit more elaborate than that, though.

In all fairness she was harmless, just headwork, and some debates were enjoyable, but her friends were more of a problem. Uni eh?

Stonehenge on 22:35 - Jun 21 with 1791 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 21:59 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

In all fairness she was harmless, just headwork, and some debates were enjoyable, but her friends were more of a problem. Uni eh?

Yeah, it happens.

The most interesting women always have the least interesting friends, too. Although, I guess it's just that they appear that way by comparison.

All things considered, though, I approve of "spirituality" in moderation. Always a good time.
Stonehenge on 22:47 - Jun 21 with 1766 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 22:35 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

Yeah, it happens.

The most interesting women always have the least interesting friends, too. Although, I guess it's just that they appear that way by comparison.

All things considered, though, I approve of "spirituality" in moderation. Always a good time.

Still a huge "meh" for me.

Stonehenge on 22:53 - Jun 21 with 1757 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 22:47 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

Still a huge "meh" for me.

To each his own, my Jackal amigo.
Stonehenge on 23:00 - Jun 21 with 1737 viewsswanjackal

Stonehenge on 22:53 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

To each his own, my Jackal amigo.

Indeed. Life wouldn't be very interesting at all if we were all of a hive mind.

Stonehenge on 23:06 - Jun 21 with 1725 viewsNirvana

Stonehenge on 23:00 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

Indeed. Life wouldn't be very interesting at all if we were all of a hive mind.

Precisely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024