Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry 07:55 - Jun 21 with 2616 viewsSTID2017

I can't understand if several PL clubs are supposedly offering him a deal, why look at the likes of Birmingham and Villa, unless there is a link to coaching involved ?
I know many on here don't want him near, but a former Captain of England encouraging and training everyday with the future Captain of England, as well as for all the other defenders in the squad, would surely be a great benefit ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

John Terry on 07:58 - Jun 21 with 2605 views34dfgdf54

No one can fault his experience etc, but he will surely be too much on the wage bill. If we are paying big bucks on wages, I'd much prefer it go on a central midfield player which is desperately needed imo.
John Terry on 08:08 - Jun 21 with 2577 viewsScotia

I assume he's looking at Villa and Birmingham because they are prepared to stump up huge wages.

I'd rather the racist adulterer was no where near Alfie to be honest, or anyone else in the squad. Especially if we are shelling out a fortune for the privilege.
John Terry on 08:11 - Jun 21 with 2567 viewsAngelRangelQS

I know he's got a bit of a bad reputation for himself (although he's by no means the worst behaved footballer out there, nowhere near) and he's getting on a bit but if the finances suit us then why not?

He'd hopefully improve the likes of Alfie, FF and Bartley no end
John Terry on 08:24 - Jun 21 with 2544 viewssP7qupUf

Is he better than AM and FF now? Certainly a fine centre back in hs day but we need to be moving forward. I understand that his experience could be of great benefit in a number of ways. But....he is not going to be coming for peanuts and we are not in a position to splash money around. His wages will restrict our movement elsewhere in the market. We have clear weaknesses in the squad that need urgent attention. At the end of the day, to my mind, its a cost/benefit analysis. I feel the costs outweigh the benefits that he'd bring. This will also be compounded if he wants to play regularly because he is nowhere near the player he was and will cost us.
John Terry on 08:28 - Jun 21 with 2522 viewsScotia

We don't really have the best record of dealing with his type of behaviour with his team mates Mrs within the club though do we? Nearly got us relegated!

He also called his long term centre half partner's brother a racist name.

He's a cheating racist, does it get much worse? If he hadn't been captain of Engerrlund his career would have been finished years ago.
John Terry on 13:53 - Jun 21 with 2207 viewslegoman

Terry is far from my favourite person if what I hear in the media is true. I'm sure there is no smoke without fire but on the other hand we all know how the press and social media can blow things out of proportion. But I'm really not defending him.

Rather my point is that it seemed to me that what we lacked for swathes of last season was an on the pitch leader. Ash departed and it was only really when Leon played that the team seemed to gel. We can't keep relying on Leon, and if Terry, even for a short while can instil that sort of leadership and respect from the team, I say go for it but we must have a good leadership succession plan.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

John Terry on 14:04 - Jun 21 with 2150 viewsmax936

John Terry on 13:53 - Jun 21 by legoman

Terry is far from my favourite person if what I hear in the media is true. I'm sure there is no smoke without fire but on the other hand we all know how the press and social media can blow things out of proportion. But I'm really not defending him.

Rather my point is that it seemed to me that what we lacked for swathes of last season was an on the pitch leader. Ash departed and it was only really when Leon played that the team seemed to gel. We can't keep relying on Leon, and if Terry, even for a short while can instil that sort of leadership and respect from the team, I say go for it but we must have a good leadership succession plan.

If he's not disruptive and a bad influence, Makelele will know this then its a no brainer even if he only plays twice a month his experience on the training field and in the dressing room would be invaluable in my humble opinion and I'm no fan of John Terry.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

John Terry on 14:17 - Jun 21 with 2115 viewswaynekerr55

John Terry on 13:53 - Jun 21 by legoman

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry on 14:28 - Jun 21 with 2069 viewsraynor94

John Terry on 08:28 - Jun 21 by Scotia

We don't really have the best record of dealing with his type of behaviour with his team mates Mrs within the club though do we? Nearly got us relegated!

He also called his long term centre half partner's brother a racist name.

He's a cheating racist, does it get much worse? If he hadn't been captain of Engerrlund his career would have been finished years ago.

Rubbish, one of the finest centre half of the Premier league era, I don't like him personally, but there is no way you can decry his achievements, if Clement and Makele want him it's fine by me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

John Terry on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 2054 viewsLeonWasGod

John Terry on 08:08 - Jun 21 by Scotia

I assume he's looking at Villa and Birmingham because they are prepared to stump up huge wages.

I'd rather the racist adulterer was no where near Alfie to be honest, or anyone else in the squad. Especially if we are shelling out a fortune for the privilege.

Birmingham reportedly offering £100k per week. Er, no thank you.
John Terry on 14:35 - Jun 21 with 2051 viewsLeonWasGod

John Terry on 14:28 - Jun 21 by raynor94

Rubbish, one of the finest centre half of the Premier league era, I don't like him personally, but there is no way you can decry his achievements, if Clement and Makele want him it's fine by me

Two separate things though. His footballing experience and leadership isn't in question; his character is.
John Terry on 14:58 - Jun 21 with 2009 viewsScotia

John Terry on 14:28 - Jun 21 by raynor94

So do you still think the media would be creaming over him if he was French or Spanish? His career in this country would have been finished after kn0bbing an England international, team mates Mrs? No smoke without fire there - it happened. There was a story he got her up the duff. After that he got found guilty by the FA of racism, not just that but the victim was a long term team mates brother. I'd call that pretty disruptive.

He was a great player and a leader on the pitch, so perhaps if he is decent value for money, then it's an option, but at £100k a week no way. He's no long term solution.

If Bournemouth couldn't afford him, I doubt we can.
John Terry on 18:57 - Jun 21 with 1843 viewsJBT95

Why OP are you on about the future captain of England?

I couldn't care less.
John Terry on 19:02 - Jun 21 with 1826 viewsTheFranchise

John Terry on 18:57 - Jun 21 by JBT95

Why OP are you on about the future captain of England?

I couldn't care less.

Small mind.

If he makes that step he will be worth a fortune being English.
John Terry on 19:44 - Jun 21 with 1713 viewsNirvana

NO NO NO NO NO.

FFUKK JOHN TERRY, THE MISERABLE FFUKKERR.

Awful, awful person.

Serious question: anyone seen him play recently?

He's also an awful footballer.

AVOID.
John Terry on 19:54 - Jun 21 with 1662 viewsUplandsJack

John Terry on 19:44 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

NO NO NO NO NO.

FFUKK JOHN TERRY, THE MISERABLE FFUKKERR.

Awful, awful person.

Serious question: anyone seen him play recently?

He's also an awful footballer.

AVOID.

Agree 100%

Must confess at Xmas time thought he may have added something to the squad but it never happened. And in light of the few performances he produced at the end of the season I was mighty relieved he'd turned us down.
The guy never had any pace, but could read the game well, well not anymore...
He was by far the worst player on the pitch. It was like watching Monk at Birmingham that night in the cup....
John Terry on 19:59 - Jun 21 with 1643 viewsFlashberryjack

John Terry on 19:02 - Jun 21 by TheFranchise

Small mind.

Exactly.....so blatantly obvious it shouldn't need explaining.

Some of our supporters aye!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

John Terry on 20:09 - Jun 21 with 1619 viewsNirvana

John Terry on 19:54 - Jun 21 by UplandsJack

Agree 100%

Must confess at Xmas time thought he may have added something to the squad but it never happened. And in light of the few performances he produced at the end of the season I was mighty relieved he'd turned us down.
The guy never had any pace, but could read the game well, well not anymore...
He was by far the worst player on the pitch. It was like watching Monk at Birmingham that night in the cup....

Spot on, Uplands.

Truly looked like an old man playing with kids. We need experience at the back, but Terry has far too much on his legs.

Championship level? Maybe, as it's a garbage league overall. Very, very little quality. But for us?? As I said before, FFUKK NO.

And, we move on.
John Terry on 20:20 - Jun 21 with 1574 viewsJBT95

John Terry on 19:02 - Jun 21 by TheFranchise

Small mind.

If he ever captains England, Mawson, it will not be on our books that is for sure.
John Terry on 20:43 - Jun 21 with 1523 viewsswancity

Definitely has nothing to offer us now. He's 36 and finished at this level. Stay well clear of him, possibly will do a decent job at Championship level but even that's a gamble at £60000 a week.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

John Terry on 06:29 - Jun 22 with 1290 viewsJinxy

We conceded two goals (one pen that wasn't) in our final five games last season. FF gained confidence, and Alfie continues to improve greatly. So, surely given the excellent coaching and encouragement they seem to be benefitting from, alongside their individual abilities and partnership as a unit, they should be our preferred starting CB's? JT does lead by example on the pitch I suppose, but clearly not a role model off it. Therefore the only benefit is on the pitch where we arguably don't require it. In my view, we need good backup for our main pairing, and not any potentially toxic influence in that dept., or our club as a whole. "If it ain't broken don't fix it"?
John Terry on 07:21 - Jun 22 with 1219 viewswaynekerr55

John Terry on 20:20 - Jun 21 by JBT95

If he ever captains England, Mawson, it will not be on our books that is for sure.

So? What's your point? Have you joined Trampie's anti English crew?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

John Terry on 09:35 - Jun 22 with 1036 viewsmax936

Aston Villa make an official offer to JT according to SSP's News somorning.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024