Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff 17:11 - Jun 21 with 1973 viewsWxmJax

Not good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40357254

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 22:52 - Jun 21 with 1839 viewsPrivate_Partz

That is a shocking amount of jobs to go. Seems WAG were caught on the hop as well. Sadly the falling pound and the increasing price of food is being highlighted as one of the factors that have caused this. It may be centralisation but there is no doubt the are massive staff cut backs as well. I don't want to mention the 'B' word yet but it could be a contributory factor.
I hope not as we in Swansea have the lion's share of low paid call centres and we could end up taking a massive hit here if indeed this is a trend. Very worrying.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 22:58 - Jun 21 with 1828 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ok, so this is bad news. However, its only part of the story. Be cynical with corporates. They wont think twice about the fx rates and using Brexit as an excuse. Only last month on the same BBC site, Tesco reported that sales are improving and underlying profit is increasing, even look to acquire new businesses.

The bottom line here is profitability and shareholder return. They dont give a fk about you, me or their employees

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39575032

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 05:42 - Jun 22 with 1772 viewspikeypaul

The sharp fall in Sterling after the unexpected close GE result lowered Britains negotiating posistion on Brexit has been the problem.

Just like Brexit was blamed for the 1st slump in Sterling.

Personally it benefits me but that's not the point.

If Labour had won Sterling would be below 1 for 1 With the Euro by now.

Inflation will soar which is good for some but probably bad for the
so called poor who voted on the promise of everything for free
paid for by the higher rate tax payer.

People get what they deserve.

How long do you think it will take the WAG to give incentives to
companies operating call centres around Swansea to relocate
in Cardiff?
It's already started to happen.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 5:58]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 07:19 - Jun 22 with 1724 viewsKilkennyjack

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 05:42 - Jun 22 by pikeypaul

The sharp fall in Sterling after the unexpected close GE result lowered Britains negotiating posistion on Brexit has been the problem.

Just like Brexit was blamed for the 1st slump in Sterling.

Personally it benefits me but that's not the point.

If Labour had won Sterling would be below 1 for 1 With the Euro by now.

Inflation will soar which is good for some but probably bad for the
so called poor who voted on the promise of everything for free
paid for by the higher rate tax payer.

People get what they deserve.

How long do you think it will take the WAG to give incentives to
companies operating call centres around Swansea to relocate
in Cardiff?
It's already started to happen.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 5:58]

That surprises me Paul. Do you have an example ?

Beware of the Risen People

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 07:36 - Jun 22 with 1705 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder if the people of Cardiff will boycott Tesco and take their business elsewhere?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 08:00 - Jun 22 with 1691 viewsBrynmill_Jack

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 22:58 - Jun 21 by PozuelosSideys

Ok, so this is bad news. However, its only part of the story. Be cynical with corporates. They wont think twice about the fx rates and using Brexit as an excuse. Only last month on the same BBC site, Tesco reported that sales are improving and underlying profit is increasing, even look to acquire new businesses.

The bottom line here is profitability and shareholder return. They dont give a fk about you, me or their employees

You're absolutely right. It's got f*ck all to do with brexit , more likely WAG won't give them extra money or incentives to stay. What a horrible organization that is anyway

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 08:23 - Jun 22 with 1667 viewsJack_Meoff

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 22:58 - Jun 21 by PozuelosSideys

Boom. Well said sir.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 10:30 - Jun 22 with 1590 viewsLeonWasGod

What do they need call centres for?

Caller: Hello, Tesco?
Bored operative: Yeah
Caller: Hi, just wondering do you sell milk?
Caller: Do you have any in stock today?
Caller: Do I just need to go to one of your 000s of shops if I want to buy some?
Caller: Ok, thanks, bye.
Login to get fewer ads

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 1379 viewsProfessor

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 10:30 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

Caller: Do I just need to go to one of your 000s of shops if I want to buy some?

If you have ever bought from Tesco Direct or used their Online Grocery Shopping then you will know.

Dreadful company with appalling service as are Asda, but at least they are cheaper
1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 11:15 - Jun 23 with 1358 viewsHighjack

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Professor

If you have ever bought from Tesco Direct or used their Online Grocery Shopping then you will know.

Dreadful company with appalling service as are Asda, but at least they are cheaper

Caller: my delivery hasn't arrived

Tesco: ah yes, the van that was delivering your goods is currently lying in a ditch along with its dead driver who we forced to work a 17 hour shift today. Would you like clubcard points as an apology?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 12:18 - Jun 23 with 1325 viewsyescomeon

http://jacothenorth.net/blog/tesco-delivers-an-uncomfortable-truth/

Upthecity!

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 12:27 - Jun 23 with 1317 viewsjack247

1,100 Tesco call centre jobs set to go in Cardiff on 10:30 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

They offer near enough all the financial services and insurances a high street bank does, albeit remotely. They don't just do eggs and bread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024