Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bumbling Boris at it again 21:08 - Jun 21 with 3152 viewsHeadmaster

"It's not a Two Ronnies sketch, you can't answer the question before last."

[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 21:39]
Bumbling Boris at it again on 08:27 - Jun 22 with 1058 viewsJack_Meoff

Bumbling Boris at it again on 07:59 - Jun 22 by felixstowe_jack

Yet many Labour supporters in London voted for him instead of Ken Livinstone as Mayor of London. Then reelected him for a second term.

What did you think of the interview felix? Or the fact that he sold off so many fire stations cut price so his mates could benefit from London real estate?

Here's a fiver, go buy yourself some objectivity.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 08:33 - Jun 22 with 1047 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bumbling Boris at it again on 08:27 - Jun 22 by Jack_Meoff

What did you think of the interview felix? Or the fact that he sold off so many fire stations cut price so his mates could benefit from London real estate?

Here's a fiver, go buy yourself some objectivity.

Even Labour run Swansea sold off outdated and small fire stations and replaced them with modern new ones that new appliance can actually fit in. It is called modernisation and investment.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/PFIProject.asp

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 08:58 - Jun 22 with 1030 viewsJack_Meoff

Bumbling Boris at it again on 08:33 - Jun 22 by felixstowe_jack

Even Labour run Swansea sold off outdated and small fire stations and replaced them with modern new ones that new appliance can actually fit in. It is called modernisation and investment.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/PFIProject.asp

The fire stations which Boris closed are Belsize, Bow, Clerkenwell, Downham, Kingsland, Knightsbridge, Silvertown, Southwark, Westminster and Woolwich. Not the ones mentioned in your link.

And PFI is basically legal theft felix. Private money 'lent' to the public at extortionate rates.

Not only do you still think the government gives one single solitary f*ck about the populace, you actually defend them. Astonishing.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 09:28 - Jun 22 with 1014 viewsUxbridge

Yet many Labour supporters in London voted for him instead of Ken Livinstone as Mayor of London. Then reelected him for a second term.

I think we've seen with Brexit what can happen when people are allowed to decide things based on spurious promises and a load of blarney.

Tis rather enjoyable to see the eejit now being seen for what he is. Taken long enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bumbling Boris at it again on 09:49 - Jun 22 with 1000 viewsLohengrin

Bumbling Boris at it again on 09:28 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

I think we've seen with Brexit what can happen when people are allowed to decide things based on spurious promises and a load of blarney.

Tis rather enjoyable to see the eejit now being seen for what he is. Taken long enough.

Doesn't it just astonish you though, Ux, that people continue, even now, to invest such faith not only in politicians themselves but in the system they personify? I read quite a lot of Parmenides in my youth but I can't even begin to get my head around the logic in that?

Take Boris at his word when he says "the dreadful truth is that when people come to see their MP they have run out of better ideas."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 09:51 - Jun 22 with 998 viewsmax936

Bumbling Boris at it again on 07:52 - Jun 22 by DafyddHuw

Thats what an Eton & Oxford education does for you.

It's disgusting that someone who has no concept of what a failing school is has a say in how our kids are educated.

It's disgusting that someone who's never had to wait in A&E has a say in how our health system operates.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 8:02]

He plays a great game of Rugby against 8yr olds fair do's, pity the boys Father didn't stick a right hander on his fat gormless chops.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:19 - Jun 22 with 974 viewscentrestandswan

Johson @ Glasto' ?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:24 - Jun 22 with 970 viewsLeonWasGod

Wouldn't you though faced with that choice? Doesn't mean he's' any good.

Although I have to admit he's a fantastic orator and entertainer (when prepared).
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 10:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 968 viewsmajorraglan

I believe that the WAG introduced a ban on further PFI schemes a number of years ago, they aren't good value for money and are sucking a lot of cash out of the pubic sector.
Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 960 viewsswanjackal

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:26 - Jun 22 by majorraglan

I believe that the WAG introduced a ban on further PFI schemes a number of years ago, they aren't good value for money and are sucking a lot of cash out of the pubic sector.

"...sucking a lot of cash out of the pubic sector."

#Strippers lives matter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:48 - Jun 22 with 945 viewsLeonWasGod

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:26 - Jun 22 by majorraglan

They certainly are. This is old data now, but look at some of the eye-watering profits generated by the PFI companies:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/05/pfi-contracts-list

- 118 NHS PFI projects: capital value of £11.6bn will cost £79.1bn in repayments
- biggest single contract is the MoDs Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft (FSTA), with capital costs of £2.7bn. It will have cost the MoD £10.5bn when fully repaid.

When this article was written (2012), the annual PFI bill was predicted to peak now in 2017-18, at £10.1bn. Now that really is more than what we send to the EU - maybe we should have been spending it on our NHS instead...?
Bumbling Boris at it again on 11:51 - Jun 22 with 903 viewsUxbridge

Bumbling Boris at it again on 09:49 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

Doesn't it just astonish you though, Ux, that people continue, even now, to invest such faith not only in politicians themselves but in the system they personify? I read quite a lot of Parmenides in my youth but I can't even begin to get my head around the logic in that?

Take Boris at his word when he says "the dreadful truth is that when people come to see their MP they have run out of better ideas."

Well, yes and no. For some, faith in someone who is proposing to make their life better is completely understandable. I can completely understand the cult of Corbyn even if not exactly subscribing to it.

I do find a healthy dose of cynicism is always desirable though. Remember when Cleggmania was a thing for about 5 minutes? Blair got a good few years before Iraq and Maggie after the Falklands. Hell, even the Maybot - a woman that has managed to make us pine for the good old days of the swine rodgerer - got a good few months before having to actually do something in public. There's always been the cult of personality in politics, and ultimately they never fail to disappoint.

For what it's worth, I'm all for the bulk of the Labour manifesto (apart from the Trident bit ... someone will need to explain the logic of perpetuating cold war methodologies in the 21st century). If implemented, it would result in a general improvement in quality of life and social mobility. The latter, in particular, being a personal bugbear as I know what the current HE costs would have done to a working class boy like me 20 odd years ago in terms of turning me off furthering my education. As it stands, the system is rigged. Twas ever thus you could say, quite fairly, but in my lifetime it's as bad as it's been currently. Social mobility is fundamental.

You're right though, I know that if I want to improve something in my life I have to do something about it myself. However it's the sense of entitlement that large swathes of the population have that astonishes and annoys me more than blind faith. Saying that, the conditions to be able to do something for yourself also need to be there. If not, then populists will always prosper, on both flanks of the political spectrum.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:43 - Jun 22 with 854 viewsLeonWasGod

Bumbling Boris at it again on 11:51 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

Well, yes and no. For some, faith in someone who is proposing to make their life better is completely understandable. I can completely understand the cult of Corbyn even if not exactly subscribing to it.

I do find a healthy dose of cynicism is always desirable though. Remember when Cleggmania was a thing for about 5 minutes? Blair got a good few years before Iraq and Maggie after the Falklands. Hell, even the Maybot - a woman that has managed to make us pine for the good old days of the swine rodgerer - got a good few months before having to actually do something in public. There's always been the cult of personality in politics, and ultimately they never fail to disappoint.

For what it's worth, I'm all for the bulk of the Labour manifesto (apart from the Trident bit ... someone will need to explain the logic of perpetuating cold war methodologies in the 21st century). If implemented, it would result in a general improvement in quality of life and social mobility. The latter, in particular, being a personal bugbear as I know what the current HE costs would have done to a working class boy like me 20 odd years ago in terms of turning me off furthering my education. As it stands, the system is rigged. Twas ever thus you could say, quite fairly, but in my lifetime it's as bad as it's been currently. Social mobility is fundamental.

You're right though, I know that if I want to improve something in my life I have to do something about it myself. However it's the sense of entitlement that large swathes of the population have that astonishes and annoys me more than blind faith. Saying that, the conditions to be able to do something for yourself also need to be there. If not, then populists will always prosper, on both flanks of the political spectrum.

"You're right though, I know that if I want to improve something in my life I have to do something about it myself."

Get a bl00dy move on with sorting out the sellouts then!

Sorry, cheap shot - but it was a tap in
Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:45 - Jun 22 with 852 viewsLohengrin

Bumbling Boris at it again on 11:51 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

If I could just hone in on the point you made about HE, Ux, I share your concerns there; more than share them in fact as I'm working myself into a frazzle trying to keep the eldest daughter's debts down to a minimum as I don't want her to have start out in life with a massive financial millstone around her young neck. At the end of it she'll hopefully emerge a Doctor but in the meantime it's become the norm for me to be putting in a 72 or 80 hour week and I'm just feeling continually run-down.

It's an old cliche I know, but nevertheless true that the best investment any government can make is in the young. I've always been a patriot, I wear that on my sleeve, and I'd like to think that when my generation passes the hand that receives the baton is an adept one. To ensure that funding for education has to be increased, properly targeted and securely ring-fenced.

It's THE priority. Failure there virtually ensures failure everywhere.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:55 - Jun 22 with 833 viewsPegojack

Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:45 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

If I could just hone in on the point you made about HE, Ux, I share your concerns there; more than share them in fact as I'm working myself into a frazzle trying to keep the eldest daughter's debts down to a minimum as I don't want her to have start out in life with a massive financial millstone around her young neck. At the end of it she'll hopefully emerge a Doctor but in the meantime it's become the norm for me to be putting in a 72 or 80 hour week and I'm just feeling continually run-down.

It's an old cliche I know, but nevertheless true that the best investment any government can make is in the young. I've always been a patriot, I wear that on my sleeve, and I'd like to think that when my generation passes the hand that receives the baton is an adept one. To ensure that funding for education has to be increased, properly targeted and securely ring-fenced.

Steady on, Loh, I think you're quoting parts of the Labour manifesto there, son.....
Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:57 - Jun 22 with 827 viewsLeonWasGod

Agreed.
Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:59 - Jun 22 with 825 viewsLohengrin

Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:55 - Jun 22 by Pegojack

Steady on, Loh, I think you're quoting parts of the Labour manifesto there, son.....

Pfft!

Bumbling Boris at it again on 14:15 - Jun 22 with 766 viewsUxbridge

Amen. Every word.

Excellent efforts on your part ... am sure your daughter is incredibly appreciative. My parents supported me too, but those were in the days of grants, reasonable accommodation costs and no tuition fees. I wouldn't make the same decision I did if the prospect was starting working life 70k in the hole. You could probably double that for subjects requiring longer in education such as your daughter's chosen profession. As you say, that's a complete failure of our young, and of our society.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 14:17 - Jun 22 with 760 viewsUxbridge

Bumbling Boris at it again on 12:43 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

"You're right though, I know that if I want to improve something in my life I have to do something about it myself."

Get a bl00dy move on with sorting out the sellouts then!

Sorry, cheap shot - but it was a tap in

Well, I don't have a personal stake of course (no Dineen's were harmed in the creation of this post)

Bumbling Boris at it again on 14:41 - Jun 22 with 734 viewsJack_Meoff

Bumbling Boris at it again on 10:48 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

They certainly are. This is old data now, but look at some of the eye-watering profits generated by the PFI companies:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/05/pfi-contracts-list

- 118 NHS PFI projects: capital value of £11.6bn will cost £79.1bn in repayments
- biggest single contract is the MoDs Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft (FSTA), with capital costs of £2.7bn. It will have cost the MoD £10.5bn when fully repaid.

When this article was written (2012), the annual PFI bill was predicted to peak now in 2017-18, at £10.1bn. Now that really is more than what we send to the EU - maybe we should have been spending it on our NHS instead...?

The UK government would far rather it go into private hands. Treasonous wretches that they are.

Bumbling Boris at it again on 14:49 - Jun 22 with 725 viewsLoyal

Bumbling Boris at it again on 21:45 - Jun 21 by acejack3065

If Diane Abbot served this sh*t up this thread would be 5 pages deep by now.

I guess people just make more allowances for the white, upper class, male, actual foreign secretary than they do for a black female, shadow cabinet member.

Both cnts, thats the common denominator.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024