Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Douglas Murray 14:44 - Jun 22 with 9954 viewsDarran

I very much like him.
I think he talks a lot of sense.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/hate-preacher-hypocrisy/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Douglas Murray on 08:13 - Jun 23 with 1182 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 07:35 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Wow. Nice to see judge Dredd in the saddle so early this morning.. The world according to Jamie (the authorized and correct version).

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you. I know that probably makes me some sort of fascist (I'll take the Judge Dredd comparison gladly).

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Douglas Murray on 09:09 - Jun 23 with 1155 viewsDarran

Douglas Murray on 08:13 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you. I know that probably makes me some sort of fascist (I'll take the Judge Dredd comparison gladly).

I'd ignore Brynmill the Gandhi on crack of this Forum. Thick twát.

Douglas Murray on 09:35 - Jun 23 with 1143 viewsHeadmaster

Douglas Murray on 23:12 - Jun 22 by Darran

Theres been a bit of ridicule on twitter today because someone at the Mail said the paper issue is not connected to the mailonline issue,I'm not sure of the full story because I refuse point blank to read about it but being serious who buys the paper issue to keep it in circulation because in my family and friends I know of nobody?

I know a couple of people who buy it and they're upper middle class. Bizarre really. I would've thought The Times or The Torygraph would've been more up their street. My father buys The Sun because it's the cheapest. It's quite genius how a Tory paper is deliberately cheap so as to be more affordable to the working class. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why there's so many working class Tories these days. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Douglas Murray on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 1116 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 09:35 - Jun 23 by Headmaster

I know a couple of people who buy it and they're upper middle class. Bizarre really. I would've thought The Times or The Torygraph would've been more up their street. My father buys The Sun because it's the cheapest. It's quite genius how a Tory paper is deliberately cheap so as to be more affordable to the working class. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why there's so many working class Tories these days. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Out of curiosity how swayed is your Dad by the stances taken by The Sun? I don't want to appear too nosy but was he a Tory voter that switched to New Labour then back again?

I was just wondering how effective a propaganda arm a red-top can be?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Douglas Murray on 11:02 - Jun 23 with 1099 viewsEbo

A friend of mine got rushed into hospital this week, he just posted this:

"The staff have been incredible: I've had Indian and Swedish surgeons, an Egyptian anaesthetist, and wonderful west Indian, African and Chinese nurses. Don't want to get too political but multi-culturalism is what's always made this country great. In fact I'd go as far as to say these people who've treated me are, despite (or maybe because of) their diversity, the BEST OF BRITISH. These terrorist mugs will not divide us."

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Douglas Murray on 11:10 - Jun 23 with 1089 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 11:02 - Jun 23 by Ebo

"The staff have been incredible: I've had Indian and Swedish surgeons, an Egyptian anaesthetist, and wonderful west Indian, African and Chinese nurses. Don't want to get too political but multi-culturalism is what's always made this country great. In fact I'd go as far as to say these people who've treated me are, despite (or maybe because of) their diversity, the BEST OF BRITISH. These terrorist mugs will not divide us."

Wouldn't a hospital's staff be actuated by the mono-cultural, western values of Hippocrates regardless of race, Ebo?

Glad your pal is well looked after and on the mend.

Douglas Murray on 11:10 - Jun 23 with 1089 viewsHighjack

I hope your friend is ok, what was wrong with him?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Douglas Murray on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 1081 viewsDarran

The same as always then?

Login to get fewer ads

Douglas Murray on 11:17 - Jun 23 with 1077 viewsEbo

Douglas Murray on 11:10 - Jun 23 by Highjack

I hope your friend is ok, what was wrong with him?

Appendicitis. Was really lucky too.

Douglas Murray on 11:18 - Jun 23 with 1073 viewsEbo

Douglas Murray on 11:10 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Wouldn't a hospital's staff be actuated by the mono-cultural, western values of Hippocrates regardless of race, Ebo?

Glad your pal is well looked after and on the mend.

Yes thanks to Multiculturalism

Douglas Murray on 11:30 - Jun 23 with 1068 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 11:18 - Jun 23 by Ebo

Yes thanks to Multiculturalism

For the full hit of the multi-cultural fruit he'd have had to have had a Witch Doctor dancing one side of the operating bed, a faith healer speaking in tongues on the other while an intoning Druid wrestled with a snake charmer by the door trying to get his tin whistle off him.

Douglas Murray on 11:35 - Jun 23 with 1058 viewsEbo

Douglas Murray on 11:30 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

For the full hit of the multi-cultural fruit he'd have had to have had a Witch Doctor dancing one side of the operating bed, a faith healer speaking in tongues on the other while an intoning Druid wrestled with a snake charmer by the door trying to get his tin whistle off him.

Douglas Murray on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 1022 viewsHeadmaster

Douglas Murray on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Out of curiosity how swayed is your Dad by the stances taken by The Sun? I don't want to appear too nosy but was he a Tory voter that switched to New Labour then back again?

My father has always voted Labour simply because that's what my mother has always done. He's not that well-versed in politics really.

Although recently he's been coming out with stuff like "round them all up and send them back home" regarding Muslims and immigrants. I reminded him that we have a friend who's Muslim (she helps teach English to foreign students) and asked him if he wanted to see her sent back home. He said yes, which was quite scary.
Douglas Murray on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 1021 viewsdailew

Thank fück for multiculturalism.

Well remember people simply being left to die in the streets before it arrived.

That's what happens in Japan apparently.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Douglas Murray on 19:23 - Jun 23 with 969 viewsexiledclaseboy

Douglas Murray on 11:35 - Jun 23 by Ebo

Basil's reaction to the black doctor in that scene never fails to make me laugh. Brilliantly nuanced.

Poll: Tory leader

Douglas Murray on 19:25 - Jun 23 with 966 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 09:09 - Jun 23 by Darran

I'd ignore Brynmill the Gandhi on crack of this Forum. Thick twát.

He's a tidy fella IRL. As are most on this forum.

Gone a bit crazy during this election cycle though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Douglas Murray on 19:27 - Jun 23 with 964 viewsexiledclaseboy

Douglas Murray on 19:25 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

He's a tidy fella IRL. As are most on this forum.

Gone a bit crazy during this election cycle though.

Talking about going crazy during the election, Bluey's been MIA for a few days now.

Douglas Murray on 19:29 - Jun 23 with 960 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 19:27 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

Talking about going crazy during the election, Bluey's been MIA for a few days now.

I'm getting worried about Perchy.

That's not a sentence I ever thought I'd type.

Douglas Murray on 19:39 - Jun 23 with 952 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

According to something I read the other day only 28% of Sun readers voted the same way as their editorial stance. The figure is probably higher for the DM but it goes to show that for all the whinging about "thickies influenced by the tabloids" the story is far, far from that simple.

Social media is where its at now. The party that gets their message across or neutralises the bad press best at that has the best chance at elections. Labour has done this very well. The Tories haven't.

Douglas Murray on 19:41 - Jun 23 with 948 viewsEbo

Douglas Murray on 19:23 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

Basil's reaction to the black doctor in that scene never fails to make me laugh. Brilliantly nuanced.

"Put me down, I don't know where you've been" :)

Yeah I could also imagine the outcry about his reaction in this day and age too.

Douglas Murray on 19:48 - Jun 23 with 937 viewsexiledclaseboy

Douglas Murray on 19:41 - Jun 23 by Ebo

"Put me down, I don't know where you've been" :)

Yeah I could also imagine the outcry about his reaction in this day and age too.

His reaction wouldn't happen today. Thankfully attitudes have evolved. Most of them anyway.

Douglas Murray on 20:29 - Jun 23 with 911 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 19:39 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

According to something I read the other day only 28% of Sun readers voted the same way as their editorial stance. The figure is probably higher for the DM but it goes to show that for all the whinging about "thickies influenced by the tabloids" the story is far, far from that simple.

Social media is where its at now. The party that gets their message across or neutralises the bad press best at that has the best chance at elections. Labour has done this very well. The Tories haven't.

I can easily believe that, Doc. The only papers I ever tend to see left lying about in work are The Mail, The Sun and The Evening Post yet almost all the people there tend to vote Labour.

None of them really "do" politics, mind. I think they mostly buy the two nationals for the horses and The Post for The Swans.

Douglas Murray on 20:33 - Jun 23 with 906 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 19:27 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

It's the end of June, Clase. He's probably on holidays somewhere.

Douglas Murray on 20:47 - Jun 23 with 888 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 20:29 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I can easily believe that, Doc. The only papers I ever tend to see left lying about in work are The Mail, The Sun and The Evening Post yet almost all the people there tend to vote Labour.

None of them really "do" politics, mind. I think they mostly buy the two nationals for the horses and The Post for The Swans.

It suits the narrative. Some people can't believe that others hold an opposite point of view that Rupert Murdoch didn't order them to.

Untold numbers of people abandoned Labour in 2015/16 to vote for UKIP and Brexit. That can't be explained away by labelling them as Sun readers.

Douglas Murray on 20:57 - Jun 23 with 881 viewsexiledclaseboy

Murdoch's influence has diminished over the years and was always a bit overstated. His papers have always been good at following public opinion and jumping on board (Thatcher in '79 after years of supporting Labour, Blair in '97 after years of Tory shilling, back to Cameron in 2010 and 2015). Everyone was caught out by May's abject failure a fortnight ago.

Dacre and the Mail are far more influential. I genuinely believe him and his paper are a pervasive and insidious influence on British public life. The Mail's power and influence in the Westminster corridors of power can't be overstated.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 21:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024