Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Douglas Murray 14:44 - Jun 22 with 9965 viewsDarran

I very much like him.
I think he talks a lot of sense.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/hate-preacher-hypocrisy/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Douglas Murray on 23:34 - Jun 22 with 1274 viewsAquinas

Douglas Murray on 23:16 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

If you've got a spare eight minutes or so you'll enjoy this, son.

I've seen it many times. Great video - it is hard to dispute anything he says.

Educated in Britain, hence the great sense of humour.
Douglas Murray on 23:36 - Jun 22 with 1271 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 23:32 - Jun 22 by WarwickHunt

Sorry, mate - lost the will to live after about a minute...

Your loss. Toward the end he whips out a Gretsch from under the table and launches into a crackin' rendition of Joe Maphis's Rockin' Gypsy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Douglas Murray on 23:37 - Jun 22 with 1267 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Douglas Murray on 16:42 - Jun 22 by Headmaster

I don't, and here's one of the reasons why:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/an-unhelpful-approach-1.46596

I don't usually agree with David Aaronovitch, but in this case he's spot on.

As for Murray's article: "But it does not change the bigger picture in which it becomes increasingly clear that the far-left and their allies in Britain are prepared to do and say absolutely anything in order to win."

It's as if the far-right, or even the moderate right, don't do this. This is modern politicking employed by both sides, however much we dislike it, and it's disingenuous to imply it's solely the behaviour of the "far-left".

He does raise some good points, and I know he's raised the issue of Saudi Arabia in funding Wahhabism, but he refuses to criticise the unintended consequences of Western foreign policy in giving these extremists more armament to their sick cause.

As with Islamic fundamentalism, there needs to be serious acknowledgement of the growth of far-right extremism in this country. The two go hand-in-hand. Has he explored why there may be a rise in Islamophobic hate crimes and violence, or does he just limit his focus to Islamic fundamentalism? If it's the latter, then he's guilty of engaging in the same hypocrisy he claims to detest.

Nobody can deny that language has consequences; The Sun and the Daily Fail are both guilty of spewing out hate-filled propaganda that only escalates the problem. That Murray also writes for The Sun does him no favour.

This article, disturbingly, shows how far the problem has gone:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/finsbury-park-attack-muslims-isla
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 16:42]

It suits the US and UK governments to pit citizen against citizen. They're hoping that will distract us while they strip our civil liberties and plunder publicly owned assets to sell to the private sector.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Douglas Murray on 23:40 - Jun 22 with 1257 viewsHighjack

Douglas Murray on 22:23 - Jun 22 by Darran

I've been looking at this picture for five minutes and I still don't get it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Douglas Murray on 23:43 - Jun 22 with 1248 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 23:40 - Jun 22 by Highjack

They are blaming The Mail for the Finsbury Park do.

Douglas Murray on 23:54 - Jun 22 with 1230 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Douglas Murray on 23:40 - Jun 22 by Highjack

A bit thick , eh??

Douglas Murray on 23:56 - Jun 22 with 1225 viewsHighjack

Douglas Murray on 23:43 - Jun 22 by Lohengrin

They are blaming The Mail for the Finsbury Park do.

Ah right, is there any evidence that the perpetrator of this attack was a regular reader of said paper?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Douglas Murray on 23:58 - Jun 22 with 1208 viewsHighjack

Douglas Murray on 23:54 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

A bit thick , eh??

No context. Just a picture of a van parked with 'Read the Sun' on the side of it.

I'm not sure why you're attacking me all the time. You were my best friend on here when we were agreeing about Brexit. Sigh, love is a fickle mistress.

Login to get fewer ads

Douglas Murray on 00:03 - Jun 23 with 1199 viewsDJack

Douglas Murray on 23:56 - Jun 22 by Highjack

Ah right, is there any evidence that the perpetrator of this attack was a regular reader of said paper?

More than the evidence that Brexit will be better than staying in Europe!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Douglas Murray on 00:04 - Jun 23 with 1198 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Douglas Murray on 23:58 - Jun 22 by Highjack

No context. Just a picture of a van parked with 'Read the Sun' on the side of it.

I'm not sure why you're attacking me all the time. You were my best friend on here when we were agreeing about Brexit. Sigh, love is a fickle mistress.

Don't be silly now. You know I still love you. It's your hard on for anything anti Corbyn or labour that I find baffling. I reckon that orangey fella touched you and Darran up before he scuttled off......

Douglas Murray on 00:15 - Jun 23 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 00:04 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Don't be silly now. You know I still love you. It's your hard on for anything anti Corbyn or labour that I find baffling. I reckon that orangey fella touched you and Darran up before he scuttled off......

Ian Paisley?

Douglas Murray on 00:22 - Jun 23 with 1162 viewsswanjackal

Douglas Murray on 00:04 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Douglas Murray on 00:23 - Jun 23 with 1159 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 00:22 - Jun 23 by swanjackal

Douglas Murray on 00:31 - Jun 23 with 1153 viewsswanjackal

Douglas Murray on 00:23 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I know who he meant, mun. I had the untortunate pleasure of being in charge of liasing with him for an event. Had severe retinal burns after it, making me feel like the wizard fella from Krull. He's not the most personable of people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Douglas Murray on 00:39 - Jun 23 with 1146 viewsLohengrin

Douglas Murray on 00:31 - Jun 23 by swanjackal

I know who he meant, mun. I had the untortunate pleasure of being in charge of liasing with him for an event. Had severe retinal burns after it, making me feel like the wizard fella from Krull. He's not the most personable of people.

I was there on the night of the by-election count when he got in back in what was it, '91 or '92? Thereabouts. Quite a few of the rowdier Plaid lot had been at the pop and had a go at him. That was quite comical to watch.

Douglas Murray on 00:43 - Jun 23 with 1140 viewsHighjack

Orange cnt had me chucked out of the pub.

Douglas Murray on 00:46 - Jun 23 with 1133 viewsswanjackal

Douglas Murray on 00:43 - Jun 23 by Highjack

Orange cnt had me chucked out of the pub.

You weren't wearing a South Korean jersey at the time?

Douglas Murray on 00:59 - Jun 23 with 1124 viewsJack_Meoff

Douglas Murray on 23:37 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

It suits the US and UK governments to pit citizen against citizen. They're hoping that will distract us while they strip our civil liberties and plunder publicly owned assets to sell to the private sector.

Iiiiiiiin one, a personal home computer.

Spot on. I can't quite fathom that people still believe the US/UK 'governments' still care about their respective populaces. They serve one country alone. Anyone with half a brain may have an inkling.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 1:04]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Douglas Murray on 01:15 - Jun 23 with 1116 viewsWarwickHunt

Douglas Murray on 00:46 - Jun 23 by swanjackal

You weren't wearing a South Korean jersey at the time?

And sandals.

Asking for it.
Douglas Murray on 01:29 - Jun 23 with 1108 viewsDJack

Douglas Murray on 01:15 - Jun 23 by WarwickHunt

And sandals.

Asking for it.

I'd have thought that Highjack would rather vote for the tvvat than wear sandals!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Douglas Murray on 06:40 - Jun 23 with 1092 viewsDr_Winston

The likes of Owen Jones, Abi Wilkinson and Polly Toynbee are no less ludicrous than the likes of Littlejohn, Hitchens and Hopkins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Douglas Murray on 07:27 - Jun 23 with 1075 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Douglas Murray on 06:40 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

The likes of Owen Jones, Abi Wilkinson and Polly Toynbee are no less ludicrous than the likes of Littlejohn, Hitchens and Hopkins.

But far less hateful

Douglas Murray on 07:28 - Jun 23 with 1073 viewsDr_Winston

Douglas Murray on 07:27 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

But far less hateful

Not really. They just hate the same people you do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Douglas Murray on 07:35 - Jun 23 with 1061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Douglas Murray on 07:28 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

Not really. They just hate the same people you do.

Wow. Nice to see judge Dredd in the saddle so early this morning.. The world according to Jamie (the authorized and correct version).

Douglas Murray on 07:43 - Jun 23 with 1055 viewswaynekerr55

Douglas Murray on 07:27 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

But far less hateful

Really? They're all as bad as each other IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024