Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
worst / best .......local bands / singers 00:42 - Jun 23 with 5130 viewsPokerface

Who are yours ?

My favourite are Raspberry Jam. Real quality band, go if you get a chance to. A great night out.

Quite a few poor ones but would be unfair to mention them.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 1:09]

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 01:16 - Jun 23 with 3300 viewsWarwickHunt

"Quite a few poor ones but would be unfair to mention them."

Why did you ask then?
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 01:20 - Jun 23 with 3299 viewsPokerface

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 01:16 - Jun 23 by WarwickHunt

"Quite a few poor ones but would be unfair to mention them."

Why did you ask then?

Being unfair rarely stops some people airing their views. I had to think twice about it. Okay with you ?

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 06:28 - Jun 23 with 3260 viewsDr_Winston

Worst - Rocking Gwyn

Best - Rocking Gwyn, for the same reason

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 06:43 - Jun 23 with 3249 viewsRancid

A shameless plug.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 07:41 - Jun 23 with 3196 viewsGowerjack

Rasberry Jam

What's the guy hidden away at the back playing?

Is it a Cajun difficult to hear

Nice audience btw

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 09:20 - Jun 23 with 3144 viewsDarran

Tell you what mind The Karrots recently made a comeback and sold a few tickets. They sold out three nights at Princess Royal Theatre and headlined Cwmavon Music Festival.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 09:28 - Jun 23 with 3147 viewsjohnlangy

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 07:41 - Jun 23 by Gowerjack

Rasberry Jam

What's the guy hidden away at the back playing?

Is it a Cajun difficult to hear

Nice audience btw

Well that was quite refreshing. I was expecting the usual thrashing guitars.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 09:36 - Jun 23 with 3138 viewsWarwickHunt

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 06:43 - Jun 23 by Rancid

A shameless plug.

Never heard of them.
Login to get fewer ads

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 09:44 - Jun 23 with 3133 viewsDafyddHuw

Disco Panther
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 3111 viewsOnslow

Clint Babycham And The Dwarf Planets

She keeps passin' me by...

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 10:56 - Jun 23 with 3097 viewsWarwickHunt

The Galvanised Buckets.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 10:58 - Jun 23 with 3094 viewsEbo

The Stereophonics

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:02 - Jun 23 with 3087 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 10:58 - Jun 23 by Ebo

The Stereophonics

I'm not sure you're properly entering into the spirit of this, Ebo...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:04 - Jun 23 with 3084 viewsplasjack

Alice/Rubber.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:05 - Jun 23 with 3082 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:02 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I'm not sure you're properly entering into the spirit of this, Ebo...

When worst was mentioned, it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Erm ok..worst has to be the multitude of valleys jukebox bands that plague the gig circuit of the cynon valley. "Ow butt, how about some 'phonics or King of leon en?"

Ghastly.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:15 - Jun 23 with 3067 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:05 - Jun 23 by Ebo

When worst was mentioned, it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Erm ok..worst has to be the multitude of valleys jukebox bands that plague the gig circuit of the cynon valley. "Ow butt, how about some 'phonics or King of leon en?"

Ghastly.

They are everywhere, mate.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:22 - Jun 23 with 3060 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:15 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

They are everywhere, mate.

The sad thing is that for musicians who can write their own stuff and perform it well, they cannot get a gig anywhere. Landlords ask what songs they play and the moment they say our own then the landlord does not want to know.

A friend of mine promotes in the west country and he says it is getting harder and harder to get the smaller venues booked with original touring bands as the 'tribute' circuit is jamming up the schedules.

I've never wanted or wished to see a tribute act, it is also sad that these individuals wish to live their lives pretending to be their heroes. I know a fella who fronts an Oasis tribute and he goes around pretending to be Liam Gallagher when off stage.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:36 - Jun 23 with 3016 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:22 - Jun 23 by Ebo

The sad thing is that for musicians who can write their own stuff and perform it well, they cannot get a gig anywhere. Landlords ask what songs they play and the moment they say our own then the landlord does not want to know.

A friend of mine promotes in the west country and he says it is getting harder and harder to get the smaller venues booked with original touring bands as the 'tribute' circuit is jamming up the schedules.

I've never wanted or wished to see a tribute act, it is also sad that these individuals wish to live their lives pretending to be their heroes. I know a fella who fronts an Oasis tribute and he goes around pretending to be Liam Gallagher when off stage.

I'm with you on this one, Ebo. It's been sad to see The Globe on Albany Road up in Cardiff starting to fall victim to the scourge of 'Tributeosis.' Their calendar is now getting clogged with the tat, going back a few years ago it was always the first place I'd look to for a good night.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:39 - Jun 23 with 3011 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:36 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I'm with you on this one, Ebo. It's been sad to see The Globe on Albany Road up in Cardiff starting to fall victim to the scourge of 'Tributeosis.' Their calendar is now getting clogged with the tat, going back a few years ago it was always the first place I'd look to for a good night.

There is even tribute festivals now. Glastonbarry is one.

Dear goddess...

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:41 - Jun 23 with 3009 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:39 - Jun 23 by Ebo

There is even tribute festivals now. Glastonbarry is one.

Dear goddess...

"Glastonbarry!"

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:53 - Jun 23 with 2983 viewsDarran

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:41 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

"Glastonbarry!"

They've got one in Neath every year out the back of the Borough Arms.
Glastonborough.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:54 - Jun 23 with 2990 viewsWarwickHunt

Can anyone on here justify the existence of tribute bands and tell me why it's better than listening to real thing at home for fück all with a nice glass of red?
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:56 - Jun 23 with 2981 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:53 - Jun 23 by Darran

They've got one in Neath every year out the back of the Borough Arms.
Glastonborough.

They eat their own young down the Melyn, nothing would surprise me.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:58 - Jun 23 with 2973 viewsJBG

The Flicks
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 2973 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:54 - Jun 23 by WarwickHunt

Can anyone on here justify the existence of tribute bands and tell me why it's better than listening to real thing at home for fück all with a nice glass of red?

I'll not even try...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024