Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radiohead on BBC 2 22:09 - Jun 23 with 17558 viewsjojaca

No need to thank me.

Even when you know, you never know?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:00 - Jun 24 with 1951 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:57 - Jun 23 by Darran

The crowd in Glasto is 95% pretentious cùnts these days.

True, which I stopped going in 2005. But it still has it's magical moments despite the sparkly welly brigade. My mate Eggy goes every year without fail and you won't find him anywhere near the main stages.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:02 - Jun 24 with 1946 viewsjojaca

I prefer the electronic stuff, i never go back to the bends or ok computer.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:08 - Jun 24 with 1937 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:02 - Jun 24 by jojaca

I prefer the electronic stuff, i never go back to the bends or ok computer.

I rarely play the first 2 albums these days. 2+2=5 sounded storming tonight fair play.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:15 - Jun 24 with 1929 viewsjojaca

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:08 - Jun 24 by Ebo

I rarely play the first 2 albums these days. 2+2=5 sounded storming tonight fair play.

They left out alot of my favorites, but still good show.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:24 - Jun 24 with 1917 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:52 - Jun 23 by Ebo

If they'd carried on releasing the Bends era material they'd have been finished long ago. They progressed and branched out, not everyones cuppa tea but I love their electronic stuff as much as their early stuff.

That's a fair point - my favorite band (Rush) felt a similar backlash from fans for continually evolving in the 80's and 90's, after their heavier early days. But there's no way a band like that keeps it's relevance and sanity over multiple decades without always trying to experiment and progress.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 0:29]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:25 - Jun 24 with 1912 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:44 - Jun 23 by Scotia

Worst pyramid stage headliner since gorillaz. I'm watching to see what the fuss is about, haven't seen anything yet.

The crowd are so bored they were chanting "Jeremy corbyn". They should stroll up hill and see flaming lips.

I was with Kliph (ex Flaming Lips drummer) a few months ago. Heard a few things about the Flaming Lips I can't repeat on here, but let's say certain band members are not happy with Wayne.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:34 - Jun 24 with 1898 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:53 - Jun 23 by Ebo

He's playing shit loads of guitar tonight Mike

Cool, thanks - hope this becomes available on Youtube or somewhere.

I've seen them twice - once opening for REM (Bends era) and the In Rainbows tour 9 or 10 years ago. Amazing show both times.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:38 - Jun 24 with 1896 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh I don't know Darran, there's surely nothing that says authentic more than people who've dropped 6 grand on a yurt and £500 for a pair of tickets to listen to the 200 of their middle aged neighbours from Primrose Hill who are standing next to them screech their way through Creep in between chanting for Jeremy Corbyn only two weeks after they all secretly voted conservative because they're worried about land value tax?
Login to get fewer ads

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:47 - Jun 24 with 1889 viewsItchySphincter

Absolutely f*cking terrible.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:47 - Jun 24 with 1890 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:34 - Jun 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Cool, thanks - hope this becomes available on Youtube or somewhere.

I've seen them twice - once opening for REM (Bends era) and the In Rainbows tour 9 or 10 years ago. Amazing show both times.

I saw REM at Glastonbury in 2003, same year as Radiohead's last slot there. Probably the best one I've been too. Spent most of the weekend trying to look after Aaron and Jason from the band Grandaddy who played on the other stage on Sunday night.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:50 - Jun 24 with 1888 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:24 - Jun 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

That's a fair point - my favorite band (Rush) felt a similar backlash from fans for continually evolving in the 80's and 90's, after their heavier early days. But there's no way a band like that keeps it's relevance and sanity over multiple decades without always trying to experiment and progress.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 0:29]

Exactly. I kind of felt the same as I grew up listening to hemispheres and 2112, it took me a few years later to appreciate the later stuff like Power Windows.

That is why a lot of bands finish as they are always trying to write a part 2 to their best work.

Dylan fans were outraged also when he picked up an electric guitar.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:02 - Jun 24 with 1878 viewsHumpty

I love Radiohead but admittedly not as much as I did back in the nineties. A lot of their newer stuff leaves me cold, though I like a fair bit of it.

The Bends is probably my favourite album, but anyone who thinks they've done f*ck all of worth since The Bends is probably ill.

All opinions are equally valid mind. Apart from Winston's. That's just mad.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:11 - Jun 24 with 1871 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:02 - Jun 24 by Humpty

I love Radiohead but admittedly not as much as I did back in the nineties. A lot of their newer stuff leaves me cold, though I like a fair bit of it.

The Bends is probably my favourite album, but anyone who thinks they've done f*ck all of worth since The Bends is probably ill.

All opinions are equally valid mind. Apart from Winston's. That's just mad.

There's not much left I want to see apart from Goldfrapp, London Grammar and Metronomy on sunday. If I was there I would be wandering well away from the main stages like i used to.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:17 - Jun 24 with 1865 viewsHumpty

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:11 - Jun 24 by Ebo

There's not much left I want to see apart from Goldfrapp, London Grammar and Metronomy on sunday. If I was there I would be wandering well away from the main stages like i used to.

I like Goldfrapp. I like London Grammar too. I'd be out of place in Glastonbury these days.

The old pissed up fool wondering when The Levellers and RATM are coming on. F*cking used to love it though.

F*ck off Grandad.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:29 - Jun 24 with 1860 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:17 - Jun 24 by Humpty

I like Goldfrapp. I like London Grammar too. I'd be out of place in Glastonbury these days.

The old pissed up fool wondering when The Levellers and RATM are coming on. F*cking used to love it though.

F*ck off Grandad.

Just watched the Lemon Twigs. F*cking unbelievable live. Only 21 too!

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 07:50 - Jun 24 with 1810 viewsVetchfielder

I'm a long time follower, still having Creep on 7" from it's original release, and having bought every album since then in the week that they were released but I can understand why people abandoned them after OK Computer.
The thing is that despite buying all these albums I don't really enjoy listening to them anymore unless it's their earlier stuff.
The trouble is that I'm in a mind set of needing to buy their albums now because I still consider myself a longstanding fan and feel that I need to just keep my collection going even though I think most of it is sh1t. Stupid and a waste of money I know.
A bit like carrying on watching the Swans through the wilderness years; I knew it going to be sh1t but I still just had to go because of stupid loyalty and duty.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 08:07 - Jun 24 with 1800 viewsswanjackal

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 07:50 - Jun 24 by Vetchfielder

I'm a long time follower, still having Creep on 7" from it's original release, and having bought every album since then in the week that they were released but I can understand why people abandoned them after OK Computer.
The thing is that despite buying all these albums I don't really enjoy listening to them anymore unless it's their earlier stuff.
The trouble is that I'm in a mind set of needing to buy their albums now because I still consider myself a longstanding fan and feel that I need to just keep my collection going even though I think most of it is sh1t. Stupid and a waste of money I know.
A bit like carrying on watching the Swans through the wilderness years; I knew it going to be sh1t but I still just had to go because of stupid loyalty and duty.

Ok Computer was the last one I bought, it was okay, but the change was happening there, some good songs on there but some not so.

One good thing Thom Yorke did for me was put me onto Drugstore after collaborating on "El President".

[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 8:08]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 08:41 - Jun 24 with 1787 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:04 - Jun 23 by Jack_Meoff

OK Computer is phenomenal. The Pyramid Song is interdimensionally beautiful.

Then again, music is totally subjective.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 23:08]

You're absolutely right , it's always down to the individual listener. The music through OK computer to Amnesiac is spellbinding. Some people will never get it because they prefer their music a bit simpler.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 08:44 - Jun 24 with 1785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I thought you'd have been a shoe in for the pretentious c*nts autograph and selfies area.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 09:15 - Jun 24 with 1771 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:17 - Jun 24 by Humpty

F*ck off Grandad.

I taking my lovely wife to see London Grammar in October.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 10:49 - Jun 24 with 1739 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 09:15 - Jun 24 by Darran

I taking my lovely wife to see London Grammar in October.

You're very very lucky to score tickets. We saw them 2 years ago in Wolves and they were superb.

We had a pre-sale link as we pre-ordered the album, but they dropped a huge bollock as the pre-sale link also went as 'no purchase necessary' just an email address.

You can guess what happened, viagogo etc... registered multiple addresses and snapped up lots of tickets which went on sale on their sites for over £100, ironically with a 'processing fee' of the face value of the ticket. Absolute scumbags.

I'm on a waiting list for cancellations though so fingers crossed. Where you seeing the Dar Bristol?

Only tickets left were Newcastle and manchester and it would have been tricky getting time off on those dates.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 10:52 - Jun 24 with 1735 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 10:49 - Jun 24 by Ebo

You're very very lucky to score tickets. We saw them 2 years ago in Wolves and they were superb.

We had a pre-sale link as we pre-ordered the album, but they dropped a huge bollock as the pre-sale link also went as 'no purchase necessary' just an email address.

You can guess what happened, viagogo etc... registered multiple addresses and snapped up lots of tickets which went on sale on their sites for over £100, ironically with a 'processing fee' of the face value of the ticket. Absolute scumbags.

I'm on a waiting list for cancellations though so fingers crossed. Where you seeing the Dar Bristol?

Only tickets left were Newcastle and manchester and it would have been tricky getting time off on those dates.

You've got to know the right people John.

Yes Bristol.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 11:10 - Jun 24 with 1720 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 10:52 - Jun 24 by Darran

You've got to know the right people John.

Yes Bristol.

Tickets sold out there really really quick, I was in the queue online for pre-sale and all those tickets went in under 10 mins. Same story next day.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 14:06 - Jun 24 with 1679 viewsGowerjack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:38 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

Oh I don't know Darran, there's surely nothing that says authentic more than people who've dropped 6 grand on a yurt and £500 for a pair of tickets to listen to the 200 of their middle aged neighbours from Primrose Hill who are standing next to them screech their way through Creep in between chanting for Jeremy Corbyn only two weeks after they all secretly voted conservative because they're worried about land value tax?

Harsh Lisa and in the main also untrue.

I prefer to take the view that 150,000 people gathering in a few fields in Somerset and having an absolute ball without looking to fight or kill each other is a good thing espcially after the events of the last few months.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 14:08 - Jun 24 with 1675 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 14:06 - Jun 24 by Gowerjack

Harsh Lisa and in the main also untrue.

I prefer to take the view that 150,000 people gathering in a few fields in Somerset and having an absolute ball without looking to fight or kill each other is a good thing espcially after the events of the last few months.

Nah she's not far off spot the celebrity cùnt competition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024