Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radiohead on BBC 2 22:09 - Jun 23 with 17665 viewsjojaca

No need to thank me.

Even when you know, you never know?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:27 - Jun 24 with 1387 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:12 - Jun 24 by Drizzy

Lis has got form for chastising the lesser off for how they spend their money. You can't complain about austerity if you've bought a festival ticket nor should you buy a Blu-ray if you're looking scruffy in a supermarket.

Sneering liberalism at its finest.

The lesser off? That's my whole point mun. They aren't. It's nonsense.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:30 - Jun 24 with 1383 viewsJackanapes

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:23 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

No it's not. I'm slagging them off for pretending they give a crap about anyone who is worse off than they are when they're all affluent Tories trying to recapture their youth.

Bluey would just congratulate them for being Tories in the first place.

"They're all"

"I'm a moron"

What do these statements have in common. (excepting the fact I made them)
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 17:31]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:31 - Jun 24 with 1376 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm worried about Lisa now. It seems that the thought of Labour actually winning if there's another election soon has reawakened her inner Tory. Warwick too.

Poll: Tory leader

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:32 - Jun 24 with 1376 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:30 - Jun 24 by Jackanapes

"They're all"

"I'm a moron"

What do these statements have in common. (excepting the fact I made them)
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 17:31]

No idea what you mean?
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:35 - Jun 24 with 1366 viewsJackanapes

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:32 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

No idea what you mean?

How could you possibly know what "theyrall"... yada... I thought you were objective. I don't tend to try and define large groups of people together because it makes me look extreme.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 17:37]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:35 - Jun 24 with 1364 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:31 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'm worried about Lisa now. It seems that the thought of Labour actually winning if there's another election soon has reawakened her inner Tory. Warwick too.

I think you're missing my point ECB.

My wrath is aimed at the hypocrisy of the people who have paid thousands to be there (as stated in my original post), pretending to give a crap about the gap between rich and poor so that they can appear to be more right on.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:37 - Jun 24 with 1359 viewsswanforthemoney

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:01 - Jun 24 by Jackanapes

Ok computer was decent. I haven't heard anything they have done since. That isn't a coincidence either. Bruford knew when it was time to leave Yes, and I knew when it was time to stop listening to Radiohead.

Still have OK Computer on cassette tape.
I turned on expectantly last night and thought the so called performance was hideous.
Maybe it's me. It reminded me, in some ways, of the worst self indulgent rock of the early seventies.

I stand in the North Stand

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 1354 viewsWarwickHunt

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:31 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

Neither of us want to pay the mansion tax, Andrew.

#metropolitanelite
Login to get fewer ads

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 1349 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:35 - Jun 24 by Jackanapes

How could you possibly know what "theyrall"... yada... I thought you were objective. I don't tend to try and define large groups of people together because it makes me look extreme.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 17:37]

I defined the specific group I was talking about on my first post on the subject. Everything else is a continuation of me talking about the same group mun.

""people who've dropped 6 grand on a yurt and £500 for a pair of tickets to listen to the 200 of their middle aged neighbours from Primrose Hill who are standing next to them screech their way through Creep in between chanting for Jeremy Corbyn only two weeks after they all secretly voted conservative because they're worried about land value tax? "

Copied here for ease. These are the ones I'm talking about.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 1343 viewsJackanapes

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:41 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

I defined the specific group I was talking about on my first post on the subject. Everything else is a continuation of me talking about the same group mun.

""people who've dropped 6 grand on a yurt and £500 for a pair of tickets to listen to the 200 of their middle aged neighbours from Primrose Hill who are standing next to them screech their way through Creep in between chanting for Jeremy Corbyn only two weeks after they all secretly voted conservative because they're worried about land value tax? "

Copied for ease

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 1343 viewsexiledclaseboy

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:39 - Jun 24 by WarwickHunt

#metropolitanelite

That was my thinking too. You London types are not to be trusted. I know your game.

Poll: Tory leader

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:43 - Jun 24 with 1337 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:39 - Jun 24 by WarwickHunt

#metropolitanelite

Lol.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:49 - Jun 24 with 1330 viewsDrizzy

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:41 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

So a minute percentage of people that may or may not be real have warranted an afternoon's worth of your tedious rambling?

I suppose the Bluey and Perch shaped chasm had to be filled somehow.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 1325 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:42 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

That was my thinking too. You London types are not to be trusted. I know your game.

One of my best mates is a massive Corbynista. Campaigned for him and everything. She'd be front of the bloody line chanting for him at Glastonbury.

She'd have heart failure if he actually got elected.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:52 - Jun 24 with 1319 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:42 - Jun 24 by Jackanapes

Copied for ease

Well it was on page two of this thread, which means that no one is taking any notice of it any more.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:56 - Jun 24 with 1313 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:49 - Jun 24 by Drizzy

So a minute percentage of people that may or may not be real have warranted an afternoon's worth of your tedious rambling?

I suppose the Bluey and Perch shaped chasm had to be filled somehow.

Someone's paying six grand for those yurts Drizzy.

And it's taken approximately 5 minutes of my time to tediously ramble. I don't find it difficult you know.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:18 - Jun 24 with 1291 viewsJackanapes

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:56 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

Someone's paying six grand for those yurts Drizzy.

And it's taken approximately 5 minutes of my time to tediously ramble. I don't find it difficult you know.

bragging about trolling can get you fired bluechip

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 1273 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:18 - Jun 24 by Jackanapes

bragging about trolling can get you fired bluechip

I'm not trolling mun. I genuinely can't bear the hypocrisy of it.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 1273 viewsFieryJack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:35 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

I think you're missing my point ECB.

My wrath is aimed at the hypocrisy of the people who have paid thousands to be there (as stated in my original post), pretending to give a crap about the gap between rich and poor so that they can appear to be more right on.

Damn right - agree with these sentiments entirely.

Am currently watching it on Beeb 2 - don't think I can stand much more of the absurdity of it. Kaiser Chiefs singing about riots. Fug me, they're not from some grim estate in Leeds (as some believe) but from a lovely, quiet, affluent village outside the city (Menston).

Glastonbury has been a joke for a long time. The generality of people who go here probably come from families who go on skiing trips to the Italian Alps.

Nowt wrong with skiing or being middle class, but the kind of spoilt brats who can afford to go here need to drop all pretence of being trendy/cool/caring etc. They live on another fu**in privileged planet from those who live on sink estates up & down the UK, those who are priced out of such self-indulgent, self-regarding smug-fests like this.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:02 - Jun 24 with 1256 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:42 - Jun 24 by FieryJack

Am currently watching it on Beeb 2 - don't think I can stand much more of the absurdity of it. Kaiser Chiefs singing about riots. Fug me, they're not from some grim estate in Leeds (as some believe) but from a lovely, quiet, affluent village outside the city (Menston).

Glastonbury has been a joke for a long time. The generality of people who go here probably come from families who go on skiing trips to the Italian Alps.

Nowt wrong with skiing or being middle class, but the kind of spoilt brats who can afford to go here need to drop all pretence of being trendy/cool/caring etc. They live on another fu**in privileged planet from those who live on sink estates up & down the UK, those who are priced out of such self-indulgent, self-regarding smug-fests like this.

Thank you. Exactly my point.

If it just said, look this is what we are, then great. But the people cheering Corbyn talking about the haves and have nots lack the self awareness to realise that they are the haves (or at least, a substantial group of them are). Nothing wrong with that either, but stop the pretence of the whole 'basta*d rich' stuff if you are one of them.

Completely apart from that, I've most enjoyed the xx so far.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:09 - Jun 24 with 1251 viewsDrizzy

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 18:42 - Jun 24 by FieryJack

So you want young middle class people to stop... caring?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:15 - Jun 24 with 1241 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:09 - Jun 24 by Drizzy

So you want young middle class people to stop... caring?

I dònt.

But I do want them to stop pretending to be part of the oppressed because they think it's cool. It completely takes the p*** out of the people who are really struggling.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:24 - Jun 24 with 1228 viewsDrizzy

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:15 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

I dònt.

But I do want them to stop pretending to be part of the oppressed because they think it's cool. It completely takes the p*** out of the people who are really struggling.

Again like everything you've posted in this thread it's a massive generalisation. There may be some that adhere to your description but the vast majority may simply be caring and compassionate people, or a couple Es have made them that way.

Also in no way does voicing your discontent with injustice make you pretend to be a victim of it. Just like the white folk on the million man march and the British citizens protesting Iraq, you can empathise with a cause without being directly affected.

The only thing you've shed light on is your own underlying cynicism.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:28 - Jun 24 with 1223 viewsFieryJack

If someone gave me free ticket to Glasto I wouldn't use it.

I'd go and see this bloke instead. In fact, I do see him most saturday mornings when I go into town to do the shopping, and always give him at least a quid. This morning I gave him a fiver for blasting out a terrific version of "Hotel California".

It's a world away from Glastonbury and 250 miles north of there, but for my money, despite him being a bit rough and ragged, there's more raw passion, guts and honesty in this bloke's performances than all the acts on all the stages of Glastonbury put together.

People with a certain cast of mind will no doubt note the lack of white passers-by.

Also, almost unbelievably, that alley behind the busker is where the Independent Labour Party were formed in 1893 in a small, Victorian, now-derelict hotel.

Supremely ironic that Corbyn is playing Glastonbury on the same day that Frankie is playing in front of the alley where the ILP was born.

Love it.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:41 - Jun 24 with 1203 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:28 - Jun 24 by FieryJack

If someone gave me free ticket to Glasto I wouldn't use it.

I'd go and see this bloke instead. In fact, I do see him most saturday mornings when I go into town to do the shopping, and always give him at least a quid. This morning I gave him a fiver for blasting out a terrific version of "Hotel California".

It's a world away from Glastonbury and 250 miles north of there, but for my money, despite him being a bit rough and ragged, there's more raw passion, guts and honesty in this bloke's performances than all the acts on all the stages of Glastonbury put together.

People with a certain cast of mind will no doubt note the lack of white passers-by.

Also, almost unbelievably, that alley behind the busker is where the Independent Labour Party were formed in 1893 in a small, Victorian, now-derelict hotel.

Supremely ironic that Corbyn is playing Glastonbury on the same day that Frankie is playing in front of the alley where the ILP was born.

Love it.

Haha brill.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024