Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radiohead on BBC 2 22:09 - Jun 23 with 17367 viewsjojaca

No need to thank me.

Even when you know, you never know?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:15 - Jun 25 with 1788 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 01:27 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Exactly.

In order for the event to go on Eavis had to make changes or lose the festival forever. The dangerous element was around the time the whole dance culture thing started up, E's flying around like sweets and gangs from Liverpool ripping tents. Before that there was a lot of travellers at the festival who were mostly peaceful but refused to leave the site afterwards.

Yes it's lost a little of its madness but as Humpty says, if you want to see a truly vomit inducing festival then look no further than V festival. No character or soul or history.

Lisa just go to Glastonbury and you will come away with a different point of view, yes it is different from what you experienced in the past, but I promise you that you will 100% enjoy yourself.

Bloody hell Ebo mun. You're trying to wear me down, One bit I won't like I promise you, is staying in a tent in the rain anymore and queuing for the shower. I'm far too used to my creature comforts these days.

Anyway - I'm sure last year you were moaning that it was far too middle class these days? Or was that someone else?

And I have absolutely no wish whatsoever to go to 'V'. I like the small festivals these days. A friend is involved in running a small festival in Kent, and that's brilliant.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:18 - Jun 25 with 1777 viewsNeath_Jack

Everyone should go to Glasto at least once in their lives. Many wonderful and weird things/characters to see

I first went in 1990, when we used to knock about with new age travellers on the rave scene (kicked off big time that year). It was rough as f*ck up there then in fairness. Went several times after that through the 90's and it seemed to mellow every time i went. I last attended in 2003 i think, Oasis were there that year and England lost to Portugal in a tournament, and it was unrecognisable to the 90's. But, it's still one hell of an event mind, f*cking brill, but it takes it out of you if you proper cane it for the 5 days.

Anyway, Radiohead are f*cking shite, miserable bunch of f*ckers, same goes for Muse and all those types. Give me Dolly Parton and Bee Gee's anyday.

Rock f*cking on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:20 - Jun 25 with 1768 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:18 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Everyone should go to Glasto at least once in their lives. Many wonderful and weird things/characters to see

I first went in 1990, when we used to knock about with new age travellers on the rave scene (kicked off big time that year). It was rough as f*ck up there then in fairness. Went several times after that through the 90's and it seemed to mellow every time i went. I last attended in 2003 i think, Oasis were there that year and England lost to Portugal in a tournament, and it was unrecognisable to the 90's. But, it's still one hell of an event mind, f*cking brill, but it takes it out of you if you proper cane it for the 5 days.

Anyway, Radiohead are f*cking shite, miserable bunch of f*ckers, same goes for Muse and all those types. Give me Dolly Parton and Bee Gee's anyday.

Rock f*cking on.

I went a couple of times in the early 90s ish. Saw Shakespears Sister headline either the last or last but one time I went.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:22 - Jun 25 with 1764 viewsRancid

At last.Its taken til Sunday evening but Nile Rodgers and Chic have made it all worthwhile.Unbelievable vocals 🌹
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:44 - Jun 25 with 1731 viewsNeath_Jack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:22 - Jun 25 by Rancid

At last.Its taken til Sunday evening but Nile Rodgers and Chic have made it all worthwhile.Unbelievable vocals 🌹

Superb stuff

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:50 - Jun 25 with 1725 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:18 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Rock f*cking on.

2003 was REM, Radiohead, Moby as pyramid headliners.

My best ever glasto. Sun was out all weekend and I spent most of it looking after Kevin and Aaron from Grandaddy who went on to play a blinder on the other stage on Sunday night.

So many good bands that year. Roddy Frame was a highlight amongst many.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:53 - Jun 25 with 1722 viewsmax936

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:22 - Jun 25 by Rancid

Brilliant its been only watched it from Barry Gibb. but enjoying it, me and the Mrs say the same thing every year we'll go next year and still we haven't been

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 1713 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:50 - Jun 25 by Ebo

My best ever glasto. Sun was out all weekend and I spent most of it looking after Kevin and Aaron from Grandaddy who went on to play a blinder on the other stage on Sunday night.

You know Grandaddy?

You should have fuçking said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 1711 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:55 - Jun 25 by Darran

You know Grandaddy?

You should have fuçking said.

I heard you were pally with Cheap Trick

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:58 - Jun 25 with 1701 viewsNeath_Jack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:50 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Just checked, it was 2004. Oasis, McCartney, Muse, Kings of Leon, James Brown, to name a few. It was also the wettest one i had been to as well.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 1687 viewsScotia

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:58 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Just checked, it was 2004. Oasis, McCartney, Muse, Kings of Leon, James Brown, to name a few. It was also the wettest one i had been to as well.

Not a bad line up that.
A girl I was with wanted to watch n-dubz in the dance village instead of McCartney ffs!
Muddiest one I went to was 2006 or 7, the who headlined. Didn't stop raining from Thursday to Monday. Horrendous.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:07 - Jun 25 with 1683 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 20:58 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

I missed out that year. 2005 was the wettest ever (97 was grim) but this was on another level. 1 months worth of rain from 4am to midday with added thunder and lightning. Luckily where we camp it is always dry and never floods (Wicket Ground). We trek down around 1pm and it took what usually takes 15min around an hour to get to. The mud was so thick it was literally sucking the wellies off your feet, then the we found that a stream had burst its banks near the other stage which meant a lot of tents floating about.

Saturday was humid and overcast, they put the British Lions on the big screens.

Sunday was magical, sunny and dry in time for Brian Wilson.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:11 - Jun 25 with 1672 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:07 - Jun 25 by Ebo

I missed out that year. 2005 was the wettest ever (97 was grim) but this was on another level. 1 months worth of rain from 4am to midday with added thunder and lightning. Luckily where we camp it is always dry and never floods (Wicket Ground). We trek down around 1pm and it took what usually takes 15min around an hour to get to. The mud was so thick it was literally sucking the wellies off your feet, then the we found that a stream had burst its banks near the other stage which meant a lot of tents floating about.

I'd love to see Brian Wilson. Genius.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:14 - Jun 25 with 1668 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:11 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

I've been lucky to see him twice. Glastonbury 2005 and Cardiff last year.

I think it was the biggest crowd they'd ever seen for the legends slot that year too. The sun was out, he played a long set and everyone young and old were happy. Then Garbage played after them, I've never seen a place empty so quick :) We went to the other stage to watch Rufus Wainwright instead.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 21:15]

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:23 - Jun 25 with 1647 viewsDarran

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:11 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

I've seen him twice. Once in Knebworth in 1980 which was the last time the original Beach Boys played together and in Cardiff last year. (I saw Ebo there 👀)

Seriously though the best thing about Brian's touring band is the voice on Al Jardines son Matt,absolutely incredible voice.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:33 - Jun 25 with 1635 viewsGowerjack

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:25 - Jun 25 by Ebo

A lot of people who slag it have never been themselves, they don't understand what it is all about either. It's more than about music. It's so big it would take you a month to see everything.

Or a time machine

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:45 - Jun 25 with 1625 viewsEbo

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:23 - Jun 25 by Darran

I've seen him twice. Once in Knebworth in 1980 which was the last time the original Beach Boys played together and in Cardiff last year. (I saw Ebo there 👀)

Seriously though the best thing about Brian's touring band is the voice on Al Jardines son Matt,absolutely incredible voice.

I was quite shocked that his former band leader (Jeffrey Foskett) jumped ship a few years ago to join the Beach Boys. That must have hurt Brian a lot.

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 22:03 - Jun 25 with 1611 viewsScotia

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:07 - Jun 25 by Ebo

2005 was horrendous the flooding at the bottom of pennard hill was bonkers. Tents were totally under water. It did dry up Saturday night / Sunday though. Brian Wilson was awesome, but I doubt he knew where he was.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 22:07 - Jun 25 with 1600 viewsWarwickHunt

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 21:45 - Jun 25 by Ebo

I was quite shocked that his former band leader (Jeffrey Foskett) jumped ship a few years ago to join the Beach Boys. That must have hurt Brian a lot.

Hurt?
Brian looks like an axe through his cerebral cortex wouldn't make him blink.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:34 - Jun 26 with 1570 viewsHumpty

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:45 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

It's not that they're rich Humpty. It's that they're pretending to be something they're not.

I've never been to 'V' or Phoenix and it's been years since I've been to Reading, but again that's not the point. They are not pretending to be anything other than a commercial festival. Glastonbury is.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to have a dig. I obviously don't know but I somehow doubt your chums were the ones singing Jeremy Corbyn songs. Like I say, everyone I know who still go are just normal people. I doubt they were singing Jermy Corbyn songs this weekend either. Probably enjoying themselves somewhere else.

As for being commercial, of course it is. What isn't? It cost's lots of money to put on and people who go have to pay for it. It also gives an enormous amount to charity every year, which none of the big commercial festivals do.

Over £2M in 2015.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-gave-over-2-million-to-good-ca
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:39 - Jun 26 with 1562 viewsdailew

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 19:10 - Jun 25 by Scotia

Completely agree with these posts.

I first went in the late 90's loads of Jamaican yardies from Bristol around me. Seriously scary f**kers. I remember hearing about the shooting.

It's different now, but still predominantly working class. When you consider what you get for the ticket price it's cheap as chips compared to the other mainstream festivals. There are more glampers spending thousands on a teepee, but you don't notice them at 5 in the morning at the stone circle. Probably because they went to bed once the pyramid stage had finished.

I haven't been for a couple of years, but I wouldn't have thought it has changed. Hoping to go in two years as the little one will be old enough.

I genuinely think Michael Eavis is one of the most amazing people in the country.

"I genuinely think Michael Eavis is one of the most amazing people in the country."

Yup. Incredible bloke, to run that and also a farm.

He was even voted Britain's best dairy farm by the Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers a couple of year ago.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:52 - Jun 26 with 1560 viewsHumpty

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 23:42 - Jun 24 by morningstar

I worked in security in Glastonbury in 92. We didn't take any prisoners with people who tried to get in for fvck all. But if they had a fiver we'd help em over the fence!

Security were always fine with us. First time I went they actually helped us over for f*ck all.

After the hassle of two years climbing over we realised that offering security money was far easier. Cheapest I remember was a fiver each. Most expensive fifteen.

In the mid nineties we were supposed to meet two boys we knew but never did. They got over but security caught them and gave them a horrible beating with a baseball bat. Kicked f*ck out of two skinny young kids.

If you think that's funny you're a tw*t.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 06:45 - Jun 26 with 1517 viewsRancid

I went in 93 and it was moody as fμck in the night.Scoucers fleecing any stragglers who werent capable of looking after themselves.And through the day they'd be robbing the contents of peoples tents.It was one of the first years that they'd put the big galv fences up.Didnt deter us though as there were plenty of opportunists with rope ladders charging a tenner to get over.

A youngster was stabbed to death crawling through bushes on the Saturday night and a well known West Indian chap from Port Talbot was arrested for It.

I saw Robert Plant on the Friday which is why we went but apart from that I've never really wanted to go back.If Prince had ever played there I think Id have probably been tempted but alas he never will so 93 will be my one and only experience of the festival.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 11:25 - Jun 26 with 1468 viewslondonlisa2001

Radiohead on BBC 2 on 00:34 - Jun 26 by Humpty

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to have a dig. I obviously don't know but I somehow doubt your chums were the ones singing Jeremy Corbyn songs. Like I say, everyone I know who still go are just normal people. I doubt they were singing Jermy Corbyn songs this weekend either. Probably enjoying themselves somewhere else.

As for being commercial, of course it is. What isn't? It cost's lots of money to put on and people who go have to pay for it. It also gives an enormous amount to charity every year, which none of the big commercial festivals do.

Over £2M in 2015.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-gave-over-2-million-to-good-ca

They're not my chums Humpty.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Anyway, they're all arriving back today - Notting Hill and Hampstead will be busy for another week or so until the private schools break up and they all depart for the summer.
Radiohead on BBC 2 on 17:24 - Jun 26 with 1400 viewsdailew

Just heard some interview on the radio. Some miserable cünt whining on.

Turned out it was Thhhhom Yorke.

Can't bear to listen to anything him or his band have done in the last 20+years and one of the very few artists I have to skip over. Just too depressing, and I'm a huge Smiths fan.

FACT Thomas Dolby also went to Abingdon.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024