Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austerity my arse 14:29 - Jun 26 with 5573 viewsEbo

Well, well, well. Theresa found that money tree and gave it to a party with past links to paramilitary groups.

This is NOT going to end well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40403434

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Austerity my arse on 17:44 - Jun 26 with 901 viewsHighjack

Austerity my arse on 16:09 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Like every single party manifesto ever then?

Yes it's disgusting.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Austerity my arse on 17:54 - Jun 26 with 884 viewsEbo

Austerity my arse on 16:18 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

Following Ebo's link in the OP does anybody have any objection as to where the extra money is to be ear-marked, then? As I've said on here the DUP aren't my cup of tea but I have to say they have played their hand superbly.

Ebo: Infrastructure - public services - education - healthcare. It HAS ended well for all communities in Northern Ireland.

If only the politicians Wales sends to Westminster were one-tenth as effective...

EDIT: I hadn't seen Lisa's post above before I submitted this, but at the risk of sounding like an echo now, I'll leave it here to reinforce her point.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 16:23]

There will be bombs again soon. you can just see her destroying the Good Friday agreement. wonder if she will do a Maggie and send MI5 trained thugs in alongside the army to murder 11 year olds?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Austerity my arse on 17:54 - Jun 26 with 884 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Austerity my arse on 16:18 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

Following Ebo's link in the OP does anybody have any objection as to where the extra money is to be ear-marked, then? As I've said on here the DUP aren't my cup of tea but I have to say they have played their hand superbly.

Ebo: Infrastructure - public services - education - healthcare. It HAS ended well for all communities in Northern Ireland.

If only the politicians Wales sends to Westminster were one-tenth as effective...

EDIT: I hadn't seen Lisa's post above before I submitted this, but at the risk of sounding like an echo now, I'll leave it here to reinforce her point.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 16:23]

We haven't been killing each other with guns and bombs, that's why the Welsh are so "ineffective". Bombs trump rhetoric every time

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Austerity my arse on 18:09 - Jun 26 with 862 viewsHighjack

Austerity my arse on 17:54 - Jun 26 by Ebo

There will be bombs again soon. you can just see her destroying the Good Friday agreement. wonder if she will do a Maggie and send MI5 trained thugs in alongside the army to murder 11 year olds?

Why would there be bombs again? Surely nobody in N.I would object to more funding coming into N.I.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Austerity my arse on 18:11 - Jun 26 with 858 viewspencoedjack

Austerity my arse on 17:17 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

It's a double edged sword. Has always been unfair to Wales (Labour didn't worry about Welsh votes when it was introduced), but is even more unfair to deprived areas of England.

Of course Carwyn and his cronies are brilliant at evenly spreading the funds received around Wales
Austerity my arse on 18:17 - Jun 26 with 835 viewsHighjack

Austerity my arse on 17:54 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

We haven't been killing each other with guns and bombs, that's why the Welsh are so "ineffective". Bombs trump rhetoric every time

Id be careful putting the words "bomb" and "trump" in the same sentence in case the pentagon are reading.

Austerity my arse on 18:38 - Jun 26 with 798 viewsmax936

Austerity my arse on 14:34 - Jun 26 by Headmaster

She's giving £1 billion extra to Northern Ireland. How is this anything other than a sad attempt at retaining power?

How the hell can she do this, surely the decision to give Northern Ireland 1.5 fecking Billion should be sanctioned in House of Lords etc just how the fuk can she simply say here's 1.5 billion vote for me fuk my eyes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Austerity my arse on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 798 viewsLeonWasGod

Austerity my arse on 16:18 - Jun 26 by nice_to_michu

Isn't it more the point that the same increase in funding has not been given out to the other regions?

I've no problem with NI getting funding it needs. I'd say the point is that the government wouldn't have given a sh*t about them if they didn't need the DUP's votes. Which seems to have been the case if the £1bn cuts over the last 7 years claim is true.
Login to get fewer ads

Austerity my arse on 18:47 - Jun 26 with 782 viewsdailew

Just proves that people will do anything to get power or hold on to it.

This includes getting into bed with a party full of far-right, bigoted, intolerant people.

Thought the DUP were better than that.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 26 with 777 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:22 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

The LibDems should have seen what they could get. Who knows what was up for grabs on Brexit and everything else given their manifesto was thrown in the bin last week.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 17:23]

That can't be a serious suggestion?

Poll: Tory leader

Austerity my arse on 18:51 - Jun 26 with 770 viewsexiledclaseboy

Austerity my arse on 18:47 - Jun 26 by dailew

Just proves that people will do anything to get power or hold on to it.

This includes getting into bed with a party full of far-right, bigoted, intolerant people.

Thought the DUP were better than that.

Ah, Dai. Sometimes you make me chuckle.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 18:57]

Austerity my arse on 18:56 - Jun 26 with 754 viewsploppy

Austerity my arse on 18:38 - Jun 26 by max936

How the hell can she do this, surely the decision to give Northern Ireland 1.5 fecking Billion should be sanctioned in House of Lords etc just how the fuk can she simply say here's 1.5 billion vote for me fuk my eyes.

Just to clarify, as myself and others have pointed out, it's 1bn extra. They were already getting 500K. Not saying it's not a lot, but let's not exaggerate, is it?
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 26 with 745 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

That can't be a serious suggestion?

The sarcasm was supposed to be obvious!!

I was being serious about Plaid though. Their thought should only be for money available for Wales.

As you know I hoped for a minority government with a consensus approach to the major issues facing us all. Particularly Brexit, the NHS, the awful state of our education system and much else.

I hate this move to the extreme, although I'm genuinely not certain the Tories haven't managed to actually move to the left in forming an alliance with a bunch of bigoted bible bashers which says it all.
Austerity my arse on 19:01 - Jun 26 with 735 viewsmax936

Austerity my arse on 18:56 - Jun 26 by ploppy

Just to clarify, as myself and others have pointed out, it's 1bn extra. They were already getting 500K. Not saying it's not a lot, but let's not exaggerate, is it?

Well, us Welsh should have an extra Billion as well and its 500mill not Thou

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 26 with 734 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

The sarcasm was supposed to be obvious!!

I was being serious about Plaid though. Their thought should only be for money available for Wales.

As you know I hoped for a minority government with a consensus approach to the major issues facing us all. Particularly Brexit, the NHS, the awful state of our education system and much else.

I hate this move to the extreme, although I'm genuinely not certain the Tories haven't managed to actually move to the left in forming an alliance with a bunch of bigoted bible bashers which says it all.

It's still a government with a very limited shelf life anyway I think. It'll only take a few Tory malcontents if the Brexit turns out not to be hard enough for them.

Austerity my arse on 19:02 - Jun 26 with 732 viewssherpajacob

Difficult position for Scottish Tory MPs , there are 13 of them.

In the GE campaign, Scottish Tories distanced themselves slightly from Theresa May unlike welsh Tories who declared they were standing with Theresa May.

If they don't speak out and demand similar money for Scotland, they give SNP, Labour and LD a stick to beat them with, over not standing up for Scotland.

Being Tory MPs , they will put their own re-election as priority over support for their party leader.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:04 - Jun 26 with 723 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

It's still a government with a very limited shelf life anyway I think. It'll only take a few Tory malcontents if the Brexit turns out not to be hard enough for them.

I'm not sure to be honest.

I think their concern over the Corbyn momentum (if you'll excuse the pun) will frighten them into submission and it could last a lot longer than it would do with a more centrist Labour Party.
Austerity my arse on 19:05 - Jun 26 with 722 viewsploppy

Austerity my arse on 19:01 - Jun 26 by max936

Well, us Welsh should have an extra Billion as well and its 500mill not Thou

Well, that's a different question.

Oops, sorry got my k's and m's mixed up.
Austerity my arse on 19:12 - Jun 26 with 706 viewsmax936

Austerity my arse on 19:05 - Jun 26 by ploppy

Well, that's a different question.

Oops, sorry got my k's and m's mixed up.

I Know, I'm pulling your leg.

But anyway, how can she warrant. Justify giving Northern Ireland the extra, talk about honesty and fairness yet she's giving them this money so she can stay in power, maybe I'm missing somin, but that's as corrupt as you get surely.

Its like me pricing a job and saying to the contracts manager, here's a grand for a nice weekend break for you and the wife and where do I sign the contract wink wink, only on a much bigger scale.

Austerity my arse on 19:13 - Jun 26 with 702 viewsHeadmaster

Austerity my arse on 17:39 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

It's a billion. And I'm not defending it. I'm saying that I don't understand Labour supporters criticising it as it's what they wanted. Same with triple lock and fuel allowance.

They threw away their austerity policies last week,

I hate them dealing with the DUP.

I think they've been politically clever. That's two different things.

The point is they wouldn't give a toss about N. Ireland if they didn't need to rely on the DUP to form a government. Good for N. Ireland, but what about the rest of the country? She apparently didn't have the money to spend on public services, but she's somehow found it when she most needs it.

"They threw away their austerity policies last week".

7 years of screwing people over undone in one week? These are the Tories we're talking about. They'll always find a way to drive this country into the ground while calling themselves "patriots".
Austerity my arse on 19:15 - Jun 26 with 698 viewsmax936

Austerity my arse on 19:13 - Jun 26 by Headmaster

The point is they wouldn't give a toss about N. Ireland if they didn't need to rely on the DUP to form a government. Good for N. Ireland, but what about the rest of the country? She apparently didn't have the money to spend on public services, but she's somehow found it when she most needs it.

7 years of screwing people over undone in one week? These are the Tories we're talking about. They'll always find a way to drive this country into the ground while calling themselves "patriots".

Stinks HM absolutely Stinks and we thought Huw Jenkins was bad.

Austerity my arse on 19:45 - Jun 26 with 654 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Party before country, careers before party. All time, every time.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Austerity my arse on 19:47 - Jun 26 with 650 viewsjack2jack

I'll keep it short and sweet
I've said it before We're being taken for mugs.
What an absolute joke, politics bolloxs.(not even with an emoji)
Austerity my arse on 19:51 - Jun 26 with 644 viewsLeonWasGod

Spot on. The amazing thing is that they can be so ballsey about it and people still vote for them. They've treated the public with utter contempt lately. And how many election pledges are they now breaking, ditching or u-turning on, I've lost count? But they can get away with it for some bizarre reason, and that's an embarrassment to the rest of the political spectrum.
Austerity my arse on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 623 viewsploppy

Peston on the early evening news (I think it was) said that to do the same for the rest of the country would cost 50bn. 1bn is the kind of money you can find down the back of the metaphorical sofa, but you won't find 50bn down there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024