Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave's Wrestling Thread 16:56 - Jul 30 with 206061 viewsTheFranchise

Shame the old one is gone as it documents the rise of Daniel Bryan so well.

Anyway, I enjoyed raw.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 09:34 - Jan 27 with 3568 viewsLe_Swans

I didn't realise the Rock was Roman Reigns' cousin till reading a few reports today, makes sense that he came out for him. Still a rubbish event, could they have got it more wrong with the eliminations? Just as the crown would get into it, out goes the guy they're rooting for, Wyatt family should have stayed in together longer too. Result was pretty much as expected, Reigns would have been in many peoples choices of winner prior, the way they did it though has just completely back fired on him and the company.

And how good was that Rollins elbow on Lesnar?
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 11:23 - Jan 27 with 3543 viewsepaul

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 09:34 - Jan 27 by Le_Swans

I didn't realise the Rock was Roman Reigns' cousin till reading a few reports today, makes sense that he came out for him. Still a rubbish event, could they have got it more wrong with the eliminations? Just as the crown would get into it, out goes the guy they're rooting for, Wyatt family should have stayed in together longer too. Result was pretty much as expected, Reigns would have been in many peoples choices of winner prior, the way they did it though has just completely back fired on him and the company.

And how good was that Rollins elbow on Lesnar?

Shane O'Mac taught him everything he knew

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:03 - Jan 27 with 3510 viewsswanskid95

Received my Wrestlemania tickets today, 970 USD for a ticket, and a crazy 400 USD for postage and booking fee.

I'm taking my Welsh flag again, and I'm ringside, row 4!

Forgot to memtion, that price includes Hall of Fame and Raw tickets.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:13 - Jan 27 with 3486 viewsexiledclaseboy

This was the first Royal Rumble I've watched for well over a decade I'd say (yay for the Network) and probably because I haven't seen one for so long I thoroughly enjoyed it. All the points made here about the booking are spot on of course. I chuckled when Bryan was binned because it was so obviously going to backfire. Wyatt looked strong (building him up to lose to Undertaker at Wrestlemania) and I thought the crowd's reaction to Reigns was genuinely funny. They should have given Mizdow a bit longer. They only had a handful of people in there who could incite a reaction from the crowd, he was one of them. Shame RAW had to be binned.

Other matches, the title match was superb, Rollins looks like he'll be main-eventing for years to come. Outlaws/Ascensioin was predictably disappointing seeing as they've already buried any hope the Ascension has of getting over by booking them like muppets for the last few weeks. Divas match was crap. The Bellas are great to look at but horrible to watch and they didn't give Paige anything to do. Tag title match was decent enough.

Loving the network by the way. I've been indulging in some proper 80s and 90s nostalgia.

Poll: Tory leader

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:21 - Jan 27 with 3485 viewsTheFranchise

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:13 - Jan 27 by exiledclaseboy

This was the first Royal Rumble I've watched for well over a decade I'd say (yay for the Network) and probably because I haven't seen one for so long I thoroughly enjoyed it. All the points made here about the booking are spot on of course. I chuckled when Bryan was binned because it was so obviously going to backfire. Wyatt looked strong (building him up to lose to Undertaker at Wrestlemania) and I thought the crowd's reaction to Reigns was genuinely funny. They should have given Mizdow a bit longer. They only had a handful of people in there who could incite a reaction from the crowd, he was one of them. Shame RAW had to be binned.

Other matches, the title match was superb, Rollins looks like he'll be main-eventing for years to come. Outlaws/Ascensioin was predictably disappointing seeing as they've already buried any hope the Ascension has of getting over by booking them like muppets for the last few weeks. Divas match was crap. The Bellas are great to look at but horrible to watch and they didn't give Paige anything to do. Tag title match was decent enough.

Loving the network by the way. I've been indulging in some proper 80s and 90s nostalgia.

It's quite hard to watch at times as I'm looking back at some of the older stuff from my teens and it's like a who's who of those who died too young.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 3482 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:21 - Jan 27 by TheFranchise

It's quite hard to watch at times as I'm looking back at some of the older stuff from my teens and it's like a who's who of those who died too young.

I watched One Night Stand 2005 the other day, Guerrero and Benoit in what was a fairly average match by their standards. And as you say, there are loads of others.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 21:28 - Jan 27 with 3461 viewsepaul

Monday Nitro from the off awesome

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 3415 viewsTheFranchise

"WWE has just announced that we will be giving new WWE Network subscribers the entire month of February free including WWE's newest pay-per-view event, Fast Lane. As a thank you for your patience and being one of the first to sign up for WWE Network, we are extending this special offer to you. You will now get February for free and will not be charged for WWE Network until March 1.No action is required on your part."

Cool
Login to get fewer ads

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 13:27 - Jan 30 with 3389 viewsshandyjack

This coming Monday night RAW, HHH to make a special announcement concerning Reigns and the WWE belt ahead of WM. Interesting!!!

Poll: Expectation for the season

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 3378 viewsswanskid95

Dean Ambrose before WWE, he sure knows how to blade!
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:42 - Jan 30 with 3367 viewsshandyjack

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 15:53 - Jan 30 by swanskid95

Dean Ambrose before WWE, he sure knows how to blade!

this has just made me love Ambrose more, him and Rollins and Wyatt all late 20's, providing they stay injury free are the long term future. Such a shame Punk punked out when he did, he could have had some great individual fueds with these 3 and DB over the years.
Would like to see an Orton/Ambrose feud at some point

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:21 - Jan 30 with 3356 viewsTheFranchise

Reigns was pencilled in to win the rumble before his injury, that would have given them 3 months longer to build him up and get him over to win the belt at mania. He just simply isn't ready, forcing him down people's throats is only going to get him "xpac" heat and that'll stay with him for a long time.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:32 - Jan 30 with 3351 viewsexiledclaseboy

Reigns got a slightly better reaction on Smackdown. The comedy boos will follow him around for a while. It's not his fault he's not Daniel Bryan.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:41 - Jan 30 with 3350 viewsTheFranchise

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:32 - Jan 30 by exiledclaseboy

Reigns got a slightly better reaction on Smackdown. The comedy boos will follow him around for a while. It's not his fault he's not Daniel Bryan.

Smackdown reactions are normally heavily edited, not sure if that's the case this week as it was a live tv event in the US.

The WWE needs to realise it's in the social media age, the fans that are left are genuine wrestling fans and not the fans of the late 90's. They can't force feed people they don't want anymore, fans have a way of connecting with other fans easier than ever before.

Anyway, I have no issues with Reigns being the guy, it's Rollins that's going to steal the show for years to come. Like the Jericho's, the Eddie's and the HBK's before him.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:45 - Jan 30 with 3349 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:41 - Jan 30 by TheFranchise

Smackdown reactions are normally heavily edited, not sure if that's the case this week as it was a live tv event in the US.

The WWE needs to realise it's in the social media age, the fans that are left are genuine wrestling fans and not the fans of the late 90's. They can't force feed people they don't want anymore, fans have a way of connecting with other fans easier than ever before.

Anyway, I have no issues with Reigns being the guy, it's Rollins that's going to steal the show for years to come. Like the Jericho's, the Eddie's and the HBK's before him.

Yeah it was live this week, the boos were still there but more of the pantomime variety than the genuinely p*ssed off ones from Philly on Sunday. The crowds in Philly are always more, um, demanding than most places as you know.

I doubt Reigns and Lesnar alone will be in the title match at a Wrestlemania.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:56 - Jan 30 with 3346 viewsTheFranchise

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:45 - Jan 30 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah it was live this week, the boos were still there but more of the pantomime variety than the genuinely p*ssed off ones from Philly on Sunday. The crowds in Philly are always more, um, demanding than most places as you know.

I doubt Reigns and Lesnar alone will be in the title match at a Wrestlemania.

I see Reigns pinning Brock somehow but not unharmed and Rollins cashing in on him. I much prefer the top heel carrying the title.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:57 - Jan 30 with 3345 viewsTheFranchise

I just hope they don't go with the rumoured double turn, Reigns would make a terrible heel at the moment.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 23:40 - Feb 12 with 3256 viewsTheFranchise

Great NXT special last night, there's some serious talent in that pool. Great wrestling, great story telling and uncomplicated booking. NXT is a wrestling show and if it's a sign of how HHH would run the company then it's all good for me.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:48 - Feb 19 with 3204 viewsswanskid95

Anybody catch Rhynos return to WWE? Had a match in NXT, looks good, got the crowed going!

Wouldn't mind seeing him In a fued with Rusev
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:09 - Feb 19 with 3198 viewsshandyjack

still can't pick a winner for RR/DB, i 'm about 90% sure it will be RR but then not sure where that leaves DB at WM(Sheamus return as hell could answer thgis question though, intereference at Fast Lane on the cards?), think Orton will return after Fast Lane to set up orton/rollins
I am absolutely loving the build up to Taker/Wyatt and think Taker will return in 2 weeks to set up WM.
Look for a Cena/Rusev DQ at Fast Lane

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:30 - Feb 19 with 3191 viewsswanskid95

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 19:09 - Feb 19 by shandyjack

still can't pick a winner for RR/DB, i 'm about 90% sure it will be RR but then not sure where that leaves DB at WM(Sheamus return as hell could answer thgis question though, intereference at Fast Lane on the cards?), think Orton will return after Fast Lane to set up orton/rollins
I am absolutely loving the build up to Taker/Wyatt and think Taker will return in 2 weeks to set up WM.
Look for a Cena/Rusev DQ at Fast Lane

My bet is Lesnar comes back and destroys them both at the end of the match to set up a triple threat for WM
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 20:11 - Feb 19 with 3187 viewsJonnyTheJack

I've got a feeling it'll be triple threat. RR is going into Fast lane maybe not as a heel but not even close to being over as DB. DB can work RR and Brock to a good match with RR getting the win, even though there's some whispers that Brock could be staying after WM.

If it's Brock vs Reigns then Brock will be getting insane amount of crowd support that night.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 23:45 - Feb 19 with 3175 viewsbuilthjack

Wow

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 00:01 - Feb 20 with 3169 viewsTheFranchise

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 20:11 - Feb 19 by JonnyTheJack

I've got a feeling it'll be triple threat. RR is going into Fast lane maybe not as a heel but not even close to being over as DB. DB can work RR and Brock to a good match with RR getting the win, even though there's some whispers that Brock could be staying after WM.

If it's Brock vs Reigns then Brock will be getting insane amount of crowd support that night.

If Brock sticks around then I see a double turn at Mania with Reigns leaving as champion and as Heyman's new guy.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 3139 viewsTheFranchise

Samoa Joe to NXT?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024