Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 07:41 - Oct 16 with 4125 viewsmingul

Hello, I am Vlad, a Romanian football collector of tickets and programmes. As I was digging through my favorite team's history I found that Steaua Bucharest played a friendly match in Swansea in 2002. Since I collect all the international matches played by my team I was wondering if somebody might still have a ticket stub from that match. I do have the programme of the game, a black programme entitled "The Swan".

If anybody might still have the ticket stub from Swansea-Steaua 0-1 match back in 2002, I would be delighted to trade for it. I can offer in exchange the video matches on DVD of Swansea vs Petrolul Ploiesti, and memorabilia (ticket and programme) from the match played in Romania.

Looking forward for a reply and a help from a fellow football collector,
Thank you in advance,
Vlad
sportarchive@yahoo.com
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 13:00 - Oct 16 with 4041 viewsSwanjaxs

Think your going to struggle to get a ticket stub mate, back in 2002 ( when we were shit) it would have been pay at the gate,

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 16:05 - Oct 16 with 3956 viewsmingul

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 13:00 - Oct 16 by Swanjaxs

Think your going to struggle to get a ticket stub mate, back in 2002 ( when we were shit) it would have been pay at the gate,

Hello, thank you very much for the information.

I might have heard this information before, no worries if tickets were not printed. It is in the end just a friendly game. But I like to have memorabilia from the international game.

Swansea's story is amazing and I am very happy to be in contact with people who saved their club. I actually made 2 friends on this forum when you trashed Petrolul.

Keep in touch, I will wait for some further info (if possible) for the ticket stubs:) Pay at the gate sounds pretty possible for a pre season friendly.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 16:14 - Oct 16 with 3939 viewsSkipTheJack

If my memory is correct I'm fairly sure tickets were printed for this match. Perhaps not for the terraced areas, but certainly for the seats.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 18:57 - Oct 16 with 3823 viewsmingul

Then my hopes are back up for somebody who might find one that's not needed in one of the house's drawers. Thank you very much Skipthejack!
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 10:13 - Oct 17 with 3682 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 13:00 - Oct 16 by Swanjaxs

We were good enough to play in the football league back then, it very much depends on how quality you would like your sh it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 10:28 - Oct 17 with 3662 viewsmagicdaps10

Don't have a stub sorry but remember the game albeit not sure on the result.

Remember Steaua battering us and giving us a footballing lesson that day even though I remember the game as finishing 1-0 to Steaua.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 13:41 - Oct 17 with 3584 viewsJonTheJack

If only you had asked last month.

I moved out of my parents house and this ticket was pinned to my childhood dartboard next to the one I had for the friendly against Chelsea. I threw both out.

Sorry!
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 14:39 - Oct 17 with 3558 viewsWinchWenJack

All these years and Vlads ticket was impaled on a dartboard!

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 15:31 - Oct 17 with 3534 viewsmingul

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 13:41 - Oct 17 by JonTheJack

If only you had asked last month.

I moved out of my parents house and this ticket was pinned to my childhood dartboard next to the one I had for the friendly against Chelsea. I threw both out.

Sorry!

DEFINE IRONY :)

Oh well, at least two news emerge out of this:

1. There were printed tickets for the match.

2. There might be another impaled ticket somewhere:) As an old song said, KEEP HOPE ALIVE :)
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 19:32 - Oct 17 with 3473 viewsJackEwing

There were definitely no tickets printed. It was the same price throughout the stadium. So I went in the centre stand for a change, hadn't been there for years. I think it was a fiver throughout. The game finished 0-0 if I remember. Near the end of the game a ball sat up to Michael Howard in the 8 yard box and he cleared the roof of the East Stand and probably the Grand Theatre.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 21:17 - Oct 17 with 3421 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 10:13 - Oct 17 by ScoobyWho

We were good enough to play in the football league back then, it very much depends on how quality you would like your sh it.

Fair point mate

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 3403 viewsSkipTheJack

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 19:32 - Oct 17 by JackEwing

There were definitely no tickets printed. It was the same price throughout the stadium. So I went in the centre stand for a change, hadn't been there for years. I think it was a fiver throughout. The game finished 0-0 if I remember. Near the end of the game a ball sat up to Michael Howard in the 8 yard box and he cleared the roof of the East Stand and probably the Grand Theatre.

I thought we lost 1-0 to a late goal.

I'm pretty sure there were tickets printed for the East Stand (because I remember sitting in my usual seat, which never happened unless I bought a ticket in advance), although there would have been pay-on-the-gate as well.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 3315 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 21:17 - Oct 17 by Swanjaxs

Fair point mate

There are times the idiot in me wants those days back.
Then I see Michu in a swans shirt. ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 16:17 - Oct 18 with 3269 viewsShakinPyramid

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 19:32 - Oct 17 by JackEwing

There were some tickets printed - definitely.

The game finished 0-1 with a goal from Adrian Neaga deciding it. He scored after Roger (who had kept us in it until then) fluffed a simple catch and he put it past him.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 18:13 - Oct 18 with 3234 viewsJackEwing

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 16:17 - Oct 18 by ShakinPyramid

There were some tickets printed - definitely.

The game finished 0-1 with a goal from Adrian Neaga deciding it. He scored after Roger (who had kept us in it until then) fluffed a simple catch and he put it past him.

Fair enuf, all I can remember as mentioned was Howard's shot.

Ironic Freestone had a blinder as his form that season ahead was one of the factors that nearly sent us to the conference. Blessing he got injured and Cutler came in.

Before anyone says anything, I was a huge Roger fan and he was superb in all the previous seasons prior.
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 23:40 - Oct 18 with 3174 viewsHighjack

I remember following the final whistle one of the Steau defenders jumped into the North Bank and started hugging loads of fans. Don't know if he thought it was the away end or something but it was bizarre.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 23:58 - Oct 18 with 3155 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 23:40 - Oct 18 by Highjack

I remember following the final whistle one of the Steau defenders jumped into the North Bank and started hugging loads of fans. Don't know if he thought it was the away end or something but it was bizarre.

Perhaps he was looking to claim asylum, probably washing cars for a living down the Hafod nowadays

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 21:50 - Oct 21 with 3009 viewsmingul

Hi again guys, sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy with work.
So it seems in the end a few tickets were printed... therefore I will keep on waiting :)
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 08:58 - Jan 22 with 2523 viewsmingul

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 21:50 - Oct 21 by mingul

Hi again guys, sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy with work.
So it seems in the end a few tickets were printed... therefore I will keep on waiting :)

Just a reminder of my old message, perhaps this time somebody with a ticket stub left somewhere might see it.

By the way, in the case in which anybody collects tickets of Swansea and has the friendly ticket against Steaua Bucharest from 2002, is there any chance I could have a scan of the ticket?

Thank you very much in advance,
Vlad
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 8:48]
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 08:49 - Oct 15 with 2057 viewsmingul

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 08:58 - Jan 22 by mingul

Just a reminder of my old message, perhaps this time somebody with a ticket stub left somewhere might see it.

By the way, in the case in which anybody collects tickets of Swansea and has the friendly ticket against Steaua Bucharest from 2002, is there any chance I could have a scan of the ticket?

Thank you very much in advance,
Vlad
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 8:48]

I can offer any memorabilia needed from the matches against Petrolul Ploiesti from last year plus the two matches recorded on DVD in both Romanian and Welsh.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Vlad
sportarchive@yahoo.com
Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 11:53 - Oct 15 with 1965 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 14:39 - Oct 17 by WinchWenJack

All these years and Vlads ticket was impaled on a dartboard!

Swansea - Steaua Bucharest - Friendly - 2002 on 07:48 - Oct 22 with 1690 viewsmingul

Yup, I arrived a bit too late on this forum :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024