Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia Today (RT News) 13:46 - Nov 14 with 6983 viewsscottishjack

Anyone on here watch it? If so, thoughts?

I've noticed lately that when I'm setting up the pub for the day, I'm more and more likely to have this channel on in the background than the BBC or Sky News. Seems a lot more informative, and less agenda driven.
Russia Today (RT News) on 20:45 - Nov 14 with 1040 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:42 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Well if you could treat the rest of us to the same you would get the same back..

Pussy I don t know as I truthfully have nt watched the channel for a while as I m really hectic atm. But I would imagine it is being reported on rt ...I really don t know i m afraid.

I'm nice to everyone that talks sense,if you feel i'm not nice to you that might be your problem not mine.

Thank you for the answer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:45 - Nov 14 with 1039 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:21 - Nov 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

RT is the only news channel I watch , really informative & covers news which the Tory run BBC won't mention .

after the BBC of course,RT is now the second most watched news channel behind Sky

in the UK alone the daily viewing figures are 2.5 million.

So a lot of people are looking for alternative news sources rather than the normal offerings.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:51 - Nov 14 with 1027 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:45 - Nov 14 by Darran

I'm nice to everyone that talks sense,if you feel i'm not nice to you that might be your problem not mine.

Thank you for the answer.

I second that view and the same to you. There are many on here I have real respect for.

Wish I was a sycophant sometimes.....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:55 - Nov 14 with 1015 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:51 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

I second that view and the same to you. There are many on here I have real respect for.

Wish I was a sycophant sometimes.....

Thank you I love you too.

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:59 - Nov 14 with 1009 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 22:36 - Nov 14 with 970 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

The London based British media is extremely insular, banging on about the Royal Family at every opportunity. So I often turn to Russia Today or even France 24, although I am puzzled by the fact that the presenters of RT don't sound very Russian, and the France 24 presenters don't sound very French.
Russia Today (RT News) on 22:46 - Nov 14 with 962 viewsscottishjack

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:02 - Nov 14 by Darran

Do they report on the jailed Pussy Riot member that's been missing for 26 days and suddenly turned up in a hospital in Siberia?

Yes, they did a report on it this morning.
Russia Today (RT News) on 22:58 - Nov 14 with 956 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 22:46 - Nov 14 by scottishjack

Yes, they did a report on it this morning.

Where'd she been then?

Login to get fewer ads

Russia Today (RT News) on 23:33 - Nov 14 with 948 viewsscottishjack

Russia Today (RT News) on 22:58 - Nov 14 by Darran

Where'd she been then?

According to them it was because of either mistreatment in prison or complications with due to a hunger strike? They were reporting that she had been found?
Russia Today (RT News) on 13:25 - Nov 15 with 922 viewsDarran

What they got to say about this fella?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/15/artist-scrotum-red-square-charged-h

Russia Today (RT News) on 08:53 - Jul 20 with 754 viewsjackonicko

How's everyone feeling about the neutral, unbiased RT channel now?
Russia Today (RT News) on 09:02 - Jul 20 with 739 viewsLord_Bony

Oh Ffs

Why are you digging this up now?

Yeah the Russians did it ok?

Russia Today (RT News) on 09:04 - Jul 20 with 738 viewsDarran

I feel exactly the same as I felt when this thread was started last year,I believe it's called living in the real world.

Russia Today (RT News) on 09:06 - Jul 20 with 732 viewsRancid

One of it's reporters are on the Andrew Marr show right now....and she's rather fit.She's just resigned over something, probably to do with the downed Malaysian Airliner.
Russia Today (RT News) on 09:25 - Jul 20 with 711 viewsepaul

Sarah Firth Cor! she did say she resigned over several issues not only this, I would as would many others

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Russia Today (RT News) on 09:26 - Jul 20 with 718 viewsepaul

anybody watch Al Jeezera news?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Russia Today (RT News) on 11:28 - Jul 20 with 658 viewstrampie

I used to watch Max Keiser on Press tv till the authorities over here pulled the plug on the channel, so watched him on RT, its always worth watching foreign tv news to get a balance, the pro English/American/Israeli stuff we get is very disturbing.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2014 13:24]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russia Today (RT News) on 11:28 - Jul 20 with 658 viewsswanduck

They were spouting a tonne of shite about MH17 the other day. The channel is funded by Putin its about as biased as you can get
Russia Today (RT News) on 11:57 - Jul 20 with 642 viewstrampie

Russia Today (RT News) on 11:28 - Jul 20 by swanduck

They were spouting a tonne of shite about MH17 the other day. The channel is funded by Putin its about as biased as you can get

Have you seen English tv butt ?
Hillsborough disaster, Bogside massacre, weapons of mass destruction the list go's on and on, the Prime Minister of the day after about 2 or 3 decades then tends to come out to apologise, crickey they don't even teach Welsh history to our children [at least its very selective - won't want to radicalise the natives would they ?] so there's no chance of the population been given independent news.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Russia Today (RT News) on 12:21 - Jul 20 with 619 viewsMorfa_Same

Russia Today (RT News) on 11:28 - Jul 20 by swanduck

This.

RT is like a real-life version of Orwell's Ministry of Truth.

All the news channels report the news from only one viewpoint and to find out what's really going on you have to get your news from a range of sources. But I find RT to be the most biased of the lot. It's like they're living in some kind of fantasy parallel world where they see only what they want to see.

Probably the most neutral channel on the Ukraine crisis is Al Jazeera.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:25 - Jul 20 with 616 viewsJackoBoostardo

Russia Today (RT News) on 09:25 - Jul 20 by epaul

Sarah Firth Cor! she did say she resigned over several issues not only this, I would as would many others

TWO separate anchors and reporters resigning over the way news is made 'putin friendly' in a couple of months.

No agenda? They're Putin's global propaganda machine!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/mar/06/rt-journalist-resigns-on-air

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/russia-today-correspondent-resigns-over-cove
[Post edited 20 Jul 2014 12:29]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Russia Today (RT News) on 13:01 - Jul 20 with 589 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I certainly can't see boring Huw on the 10 o clock news doing this .

But you lot carry on .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:18 - Jul 20 with 536 viewsscottishjack

Russia Today (RT News) on 13:01 - Jul 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

I certainly can't see boring Huw on the 10 o clock news doing this .

But you lot carry on .

Clearly another one of Putin's pawns eh?
Russia Today (RT News) on 07:11 - Jul 21 with 484 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:18 - Jul 20 by scottishjack

Clearly another one of Putin's pawns eh?

Who is she?

Russia Today (RT News) on 10:12 - Jul 21 with 444 viewstrampie

When Lady Di died I was in the states watching their coverage on tv and they were saying that the British people had not been informed of her death and that was a long time afterwards, what was that all about ?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 11:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024