Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia Today (RT News) 13:46 - Nov 14 with 6962 viewsscottishjack

Anyone on here watch it? If so, thoughts?

I've noticed lately that when I'm setting up the pub for the day, I'm more and more likely to have this channel on in the background than the BBC or Sky News. Seems a lot more informative, and less agenda driven.
Russia Today (RT News) on 13:51 - Nov 14 with 3499 viewsDarran

Do they mention much about Greenpeace?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Russia Today (RT News) on 13:58 - Nov 14 with 3435 viewsscottishjack

Russia Today (RT News) on 13:51 - Nov 14 by Darran

Do they mention much about Greenpeace?

Funnily enough they ran a piece on it this morning? And a piece about one of the jailed girls from "Pussy Riot" being hospitalised from prison...

Partly that's what got me thinking that there aren't any agendas on the channel.

They run a lot of stories that don't seem to make the BBC or SKY news? I find that particularly interesting.
Russia Today (RT News) on 14:21 - Nov 14 with 3393 viewsSwanzay

All news stations are bias on one way or another, but having said that I do find RT to be a very interesting news channel and as you say covers items that the BBC doesn't always pick up straight away or just gives a different view point.

I also enjoy 'The Keiser Report' on RT, with Max, unusual chap but knows his stuff.
Russia Today (RT News) on 14:33 - Nov 14 with 3342 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 13:58 - Nov 14 by scottishjack

Funnily enough they ran a piece on it this morning? And a piece about one of the jailed girls from "Pussy Riot" being hospitalised from prison...

Partly that's what got me thinking that there aren't any agendas on the channel.

They run a lot of stories that don't seem to make the BBC or SKY news? I find that particularly interesting.

Yeah there won't be any agendas in Russia Jock.

Russia Today (RT News) on 14:52 - Nov 14 with 3329 viewsscottishjack

Russia Today (RT News) on 14:33 - Nov 14 by Darran

Yeah there won't be any agendas in Russia Jock.

Less agendas then...?
Russia Today (RT News) on 15:55 - Nov 14 with 3305 viewsjackonicko

Oh, RT has plenty of agendas. But like any media, it can sometimes take a little while to pick up on its particular bias. But I do find it a pretty decent news channel and is commonly on in the Jackonicko house.
Russia Today (RT News) on 18:48 - Nov 14 with 3254 viewsLord_Bony

If I want lazy news I watch sky or whatever.

If I want a more truthful serous report on the situation such as Syria or the economic crisis then I watch RT.

I love the Keiser report Stacy Herbert is lush..actually it s full of hot intelligent birds that makes very pleasant watching...be nice if they could do a topless spot occasionally.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Russia Today (RT News) on 18:53 - Nov 14 with 3216 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 18:48 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

If I want a more truthful serous report on the situation such as Syria or the economic crisis then I watch RT.

I love the Keiser report Stacy Herbert is lush..actually it s full of hot intelligent birds that makes very pleasant watching...be nice if they could do a topless spot occasionally.

So what so you watch if you want truthful news about what goes in in Russia,you know the kind of thing like police brutality etc that always happens in America?

That's a serious question.

Login to get fewer ads

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:05 - Nov 14 with 3155 viewsLord_Bony

I don't understand but I ll try.

RT is a respected news channel that is shown all over the globe,along with its website it is accessed by millions.

It is not corporate owned like Sky,Fox,Cnn,Bloomberg etc. as a result it is not briefed to give output suitable to appease it s sponsors or owners etc.

As a result the news it reports,tends to be fresh,unbiased and truthful...I think so anyway,many people agree.that is why it is always my first choice to get the real picture of what is happening.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:21 - Nov 14 with 3041 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:05 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

RT is a respected news channel that is shown all over the globe,along with its website it is accessed by millions.

It is not corporate owned like Sky,Fox,Cnn,Bloomberg etc. as a result it is not briefed to give output suitable to appease it s sponsors or owners etc.

As a result the news it reports,tends to be fresh,unbiased and truthful...I think so anyway,many people agree.that is why it is always my first choice to get the real picture of what is happening.

So basically what you're saying is if it's happening in Russia they're reporting it then?

Have I got that right?

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:26 - Nov 14 with 3032 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:21 - Nov 14 by Darran

So basically what you're saying is if it's happening in Russia they're reporting it then?

Have I got that right?

It is a channel that reports current affairs globally.

There are many news items on what is happening currently is Russia and also insightful view into the country and it s culture.

If you mean do they run daily reports on police corruption,KGB covert operations,spies in the Kremlin etc the the answer is no.

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:33 - Nov 14 with 2970 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:26 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

It is a channel that reports current affairs globally.

There are many news items on what is happening currently is Russia and also insightful view into the country and it s culture.

If you mean do they run daily reports on police corruption,KGB covert operations,spies in the Kremlin etc the the answer is no.

Ok.

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:37 - Nov 14 with 2960 viewsLord_Bony

But fair play to them they are not afraid to have a go at the Russian government and those in power including Putin.that s why I like them.

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:42 - Nov 14 with 2940 viewsjackonicko

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:05 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

No, it's not "corporate owned" - but it is entirely funded by the Russian Federation. To describe it as unbiased is laughable. It is no less biased than the BBC, it just has a different POV.

There is nothing wrong with its coverage. As I say, I like it a lot and it gives a different perspective. But don't be naive.
Russia Today (RT News) on 19:48 - Nov 14 with 2800 viewsLord_Bony

Well if that s your opinion fine I got no problem with that.

All I m saying is out of all the news networks,for me personally,RT Iis the one that tends to be accurate and informative. :)

It s all a matter of personal choice,it would be boring if we all liked the same things would nt it?

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:55 - Nov 14 with 2733 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's a Government funded news channel.

Poll: Tory leader

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:02 - Nov 14 with 2687 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 19:55 - Nov 14 by exiledclaseboy

It's a Government funded news channel.

Do they report on the jailed Pussy Riot member that's been missing for 26 days and suddenly turned up in a hospital in Siberia?

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:14 - Nov 14 with 2555 views_

Russia Today (RT News) on 18:48 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

What's the high brow opinion on John Craven's Newsround?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:14 - Nov 14 with 2552 viewsexiledclaseboy

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:02 - Nov 14 by Darran

Do they report on the jailed Pussy Riot member that's been missing for 26 days and suddenly turned up in a hospital in Siberia?

No idea, hardly ever watched it. I'm a leftie, so naturally watch the BBC, for all the news with a lefty slant you could possibly want.

I'm going to pitch that to them as a new tagline for the BBC News Channel.

Poll: Tory leader

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:16 - Nov 14 with 2549 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:14 - Nov 14 by exiledclaseboy

No idea, hardly ever watched it. I'm a leftie, so naturally watch the BBC, for all the news with a lefty slant you could possibly want.

I'm going to pitch that to them as a new tagline for the BBC News Channel.

I didn't mean to quote you,sorry and thanks for the answer anyway.

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 2538 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:14 - Nov 14 by _

What's the high brow opinion on John Craven's Newsround?

Is that tw.t still going then?

Nah a bit too intellicktual for me like.

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:21 - Nov 14 with 2495 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

RT is the only news channel I watch , really informative & covers news which the Tory run BBC won't mention .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:23 - Nov 14 with 2492 viewsLord_Bony

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:16 - Nov 14 by Darran

I didn't mean to quote you,sorry and thanks for the answer anyway.

Why are you so nice to everyone this evening? Have you been to anger management class today then?

Somethings up....I don t like it....

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:25 - Nov 14 with 2473 viewsDarran

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:23 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

Why are you so nice to everyone this evening? Have you been to anger management class today then?

Somethings up....I don t like it....

I'm always nice to Andrew because he talks sense,anyway why don't you answer my Pussy Riot question from above?

Russia Today (RT News) on 20:42 - Nov 14 with 2425 viewsLord_Bony

Well if you could treat the rest of us to the same you would get the same back..

Pussy I don t know as I truthfully have nt watched the channel for a while as I m really hectic atm. But I would imagine it is being reported on rt ...I really don t know i m afraid.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024