Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hafod bypass plans 12:14 - Jan 15 with 5792 viewswestside

planning application ref: 2013/1850 for the new hafod bypass which will provide an alternative route to neath road and now called the morfa distributor road.

alignment footprint
http://wam.swansea.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Current%20Document-101615.pdf?extension=.pdf&i

planning website
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=55579
Hafod bypass plans on 12:22 - Jan 15 with 5767 viewsClinton

what are they trying to achieve, create a boulevard/café culture on the Neath Road through Hafod once it becomes traffic free?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hafod bypass plans on 13:02 - Jan 15 with 5708 viewsSwanzay

Looks like they are going to widen the existing bus lane there into an all transport route. Currently it certainly can be a bottle neck.
Hafod bypass plans on 16:41 - Jan 15 with 5583 viewsjackharris

Very much needed. This was meant to be built years ago with funding by the WDA along with the Ynysforgan underpass and dual carriageway to Clydach. The Landore club will be surrounded by roads and rail. I'm sure their are some copper work heritage sites along this proposed route.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Hafod bypass plans on 18:16 - Jan 15 with 5512 viewsrob

About time, it's a nightmare coming into town from Pontardawe in the mornings, need to allow 45mins to get into the city centre, all of eight or nine miles away. The bendy buses have mate it a lot worse for car drivers with all the extra traffic lights on the roundabouts.
Hafod bypass plans on 18:17 - Jan 15 with 5509 viewsJackfath

Why not have one road for outgoing traffic and the current bendy bus route for traffic in the opposite direction?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hafod bypass plans on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 5503 viewsSwanzay

Hafod bypass plans on 18:17 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

Why not have one road for outgoing traffic and the current bendy bus route for traffic in the opposite direction?

They will probably make it one way like the rest of the city centre
Hafod bypass plans on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 5503 viewsrob

That may slow the bendy buses down, that can't happen!
Hafod bypass plans on 18:21 - Jan 15 with 5501 viewsJackfath

Let's get rid of the bendy buses then.

Alternatively make the park and ride a far more feasible way for inner city workers to get into town.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Hafod bypass plans on 18:26 - Jan 15 with 5494 viewsrob

Bendy buses would be fine if they had their own route. But they share it with drivers in the city centre and it's completely slowed everything down, the flow of traffic totally changed due to all the extra lights they put in to allow the buses through. As someone who drives all over Swansea with work, the traffic is getting terrible.
Hafod bypass plans on 18:35 - Jan 15 with 5478 viewsJackfath

Hafod bypass plans on 18:26 - Jan 15 by rob

Bendy buses would be fine if they had their own route. But they share it with drivers in the city centre and it's completely slowed everything down, the flow of traffic totally changed due to all the extra lights they put in to allow the buses through. As someone who drives all over Swansea with work, the traffic is getting terrible.

I'd be interested in the % of the City and County of Swansea who use these buses on a regular basis. Whenever I pass one which admittedly is infrequently they seemed to be full of OAPs who I believe have a free pass to ride these. Therefore are the rest of us subsidising them?

Traffic is getting worse in the city without a doubt. I will say the huge roundabout they created with the two bridges seems to have worked wonders however.

Hafod bypass plans on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 5324 viewsrazorjack

Hafod bypass plans on 18:16 - Jan 15 by rob

About time, it's a nightmare coming into town from Pontardawe in the mornings, need to allow 45mins to get into the city centre, all of eight or nine miles away. The bendy buses have mate it a lot worse for car drivers with all the extra traffic lights on the roundabouts.

The worst part,which causes miles of tailback in all directions,is traffic turning right off Neath Road up past Pentrehafod school.Also because of this there is a major accident waiting to happen with vehicles undertaking using the bus lane.

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

Hafod bypass plans on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 4362 viewsDull1Thomas

Hafod bypass plans on 12:22 - Jan 15 by Clinton

what are they trying to achieve, create a boulevard/café culture on the Neath Road through Hafod once it becomes traffic free?

I thought that was Rossi's

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Hafod bypass plans on 23:58 - Apr 17 with 4272 viewsTreforys_Jack

Hafod bypass plans on 18:17 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

Way too sensible.
Hafod bypass plans on 10:46 - Apr 18 with 4185 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hafod bypass plans on 23:58 - Apr 17 by Treforys_Jack

Way too sensible.

I think it is has a dual role of improving traffic flow and making the Hadod a more pleasant place to live in as pollution levels are very high for the residents. For that alone it gets my vote.
My worry is how it is going to be funded. I have only heard that WAG have given us one million which will pay for the kerbstones! I hope it is not being carried out at the expense of more job losses and even poorer public services in this area.
In an ideal worlds the Public Services and staff should not be affected and the our councillors are banging on the door of Cardiff Mud Flats for more money. I won't hold my breath though......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Hafod bypass plans on 06:55 - Apr 26 with 2467 viewsPacemaker

Has this road been completed yet. It appears to have been going on for years considering it was such a short section of road.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Hafod bypass plans on 07:38 - Apr 26 with 2417 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hafod bypass plans on 06:55 - Apr 26 by Pacemaker

Has this road been completed yet. It appears to have been going on for years considering it was such a short section of road.

No. It looks like the Liberty Stadium side is almost finished. Not sure about the Morfa Road side which I believe runs through the old Bernard Hastie site.
You are quite right, it is taking ages. With the usual minimum funding from WAG it is not surprising. Expect messers Hedges and James to claim full credit for it and tell us how much we are loved when this piddling little two lane effort eventually opens.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Hafod bypass plans on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 2269 viewsmajorraglan

Hafod bypass plans on 18:35 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

I'd be interested in the % of the City and County of Swansea who use these buses on a regular basis. Whenever I pass one which admittedly is infrequently they seemed to be full of OAPs who I believe have a free pass to ride these. Therefore are the rest of us subsidising them?

Traffic is getting worse in the city without a doubt. I will say the huge roundabout they created with the two bridges seems to have worked wonders however.

Totally agree with this, it's got to the stage that I don't bother going in to the city centre unless I really have to. Coming down the Swansea Valley in to the centre can be a night mare as can Fabian Way, to make it worse once you get in to the City Ctr you have to contend with the Kingsway!

I have not left not long come back from the Czech Republic, the city we visited had a network of interconnecting trams and buses which made travel really easy and very affordable, it's that kind of thing Swansea needs.
Hafod bypass plans on 13:31 - Apr 26 with 2156 viewsdickythorpe

Feck my eyes!!! Has any well paid jobsworth looked at other areas in Wales or UK???

Even Llandudno has a "One way in - one way out " road system.

We lag so , so far behind!!!

Penderyn Whisky are building next to the Liberty I thought?
Hafod bypass plans on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 2123 viewsperchrockjack

Negative posting ffs, innit lifey

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024