Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdsson 15:37 - Apr 30 with 2893 viewsSTID2017

Sigurdsson has become the first player to score in three consecutive Premier League away appearances at Old Trafford since Sergio Aguero in April 2015.
Yet some wanted to sell him andllorente in January (you know who you are! )
Although we are still in the thick of it, we have a chance.
We'd be worse off than Sunderland without those two.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sigurdsson on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 2431 viewsLeonWasGod

Yeah, we'd be donald ducked without them. If we stay up we need a far more lively option than Llorente though. I've seen statues move around more 😂
Sigurdsson on 16:08 - Apr 30 with 2357 viewsE20Jack

I dont think either will be with us next season regardless of league we are playing in.

The biggest key to success/failure next year is the intelligent redistribution of funds from that. If we make the same mistakes again as we did with the Williams and Ayew money then next season will be worse than this one, as we wont have these two to bail us out.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Sigurdsson on 13:51 - May 1 with 2031 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 16:08 - Apr 30 by E20Jack

I dont think either will be with us next season regardless of league we are playing in.

The biggest key to success/failure next year is the intelligent redistribution of funds from that. If we make the same mistakes again as we did with the Williams and Ayew money then next season will be worse than this one, as we wont have these two to bail us out.

What a game he had yesterday, truly. Watched it back and his class really stands out, including Man U's players. Shots, chances created, dribbles, passing, triggering the press, flicks, that "facking" peach of a goal; he was everywhere doing everything when we really needed it, and against quality competition.

I know it's coming but it will honestly be hard to see Siggy leave again, no matter how obvious it should be by now. He actually gives a damn about playing for us every week, has shown that he's committed to the club and area, and is arguably our most talented and outright best player ever. Rose-tinted glasses, blah blah blah, but it's true and no amount of haters can change that. Simply put, the guy is as close to a club legend as anyone could be.

He has been taken for granted for too long by too many, including all of our owners, and it will be apparent when he does leave. We won't replace him with quality, further weakening our squad. And we won't have his class to pull us out of sshitt like the past two seasons, and like yesterday.

I hope The Americans hire someone (anyone?!) to make some sensible transfers so this doesn't happen, but I'm not holding my breath. I will, however, continue to hold out hope that we stay up, and that Siggy likes the area too much to leave.
Sigurdsson on 14:26 - May 1 with 1986 viewsLandore_Jack

Had a great game yesterday but he has been inconsistent this season. Far too often he has played poorly and rightly criticised.

#backtojack

Sigurdsson on 14:52 - May 1 with 1942 viewsStarsky

Sigurdsson on 13:51 - May 1 by Nirvana

What a game he had yesterday, truly. Watched it back and his class really stands out, including Man U's players. Shots, chances created, dribbles, passing, triggering the press, flicks, that "facking" peach of a goal; he was everywhere doing everything when we really needed it, and against quality competition.

I know it's coming but it will honestly be hard to see Siggy leave again, no matter how obvious it should be by now. He actually gives a damn about playing for us every week, has shown that he's committed to the club and area, and is arguably our most talented and outright best player ever. Rose-tinted glasses, blah blah blah, but it's true and no amount of haters can change that. Simply put, the guy is as close to a club legend as anyone could be.

He has been taken for granted for too long by too many, including all of our owners, and it will be apparent when he does leave. We won't replace him with quality, further weakening our squad. And we won't have his class to pull us out of sshitt like the past two seasons, and like yesterday.

I hope The Americans hire someone (anyone?!) to make some sensible transfers so this doesn't happen, but I'm not holding my breath. I will, however, continue to hold out hope that we stay up, and that Siggy likes the area too much to leave.

I've been critical of Siggy at times but that free kick yesterday was world class.
One of the worlds best keepers was rooted to the spot.
Siggy was at his best when linking up with Bony. If we can stay up and recruit a new striker to link up with him then we could be different proposition next season.
Definitely don't want to see him sold. HJ would replace him with someone costing exactly £5million

It's just the internet, init.

Sigurdsson on 15:16 - May 1 with 1879 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 14:52 - May 1 by Starsky

I've been critical of Siggy at times but that free kick yesterday was world class.
One of the worlds best keepers was rooted to the spot.
Siggy was at his best when linking up with Bony. If we can stay up and recruit a new striker to link up with him then we could be different proposition next season.
Definitely don't want to see him sold. HJ would replace him with someone costing exactly £5million

Agree with everything said here.

I'm really liking the 'new and improved' Starsky.
Sigurdsson on 15:19 - May 1 with 1859 viewsDarran

Sigurdsson on 15:16 - May 1 by Nirvana

Agree with everything said here.

I'm really liking the 'new and improved' Starsky.

Where you from then Nirv?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sigurdsson on 15:28 - May 1 with 1842 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 14:26 - May 1 by Landore_Jack

Had a great game yesterday but he has been inconsistent this season. Far too often he has played poorly and rightly criticised.

If you can honestly watch this team this season and your takeaway is Siggy is the "inconsistent" one who has "played poorly and rightly criticized" then I don't think I can tell you much to change your mind. We see the game differently, and I'm of the opinion you're very wrong here.

Different strokes, though, to each his own, etc.

But I would say that you might want to browse a few of the links below (and there's more if you look) to see what others think of him. Bare minimum, they should be entertaining reading material for you, Landore.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10758728/why-gylfi-sigurdsson-might

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10813464/swanseas-gylfi-sigurdsson-

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/10-reasons-liverpool-go-back-gylfi-sigurds

http://paininthearsenal.com/2017/03/23/arsenal-gylfi-sigurdsson-would-be-perfect

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nine-reasons-everton
Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdsson on 15:33 - May 1 with 1815 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 15:19 - May 1 by Darran

Where you from then Nirv?

Seattle. Duh.
Sigurdsson on 15:34 - May 1 with 1804 viewsDarran

Sigurdsson on 15:33 - May 1 by Nirvana

Seattle. Duh.

What?

Sigurdsson on 15:42 - May 1 with 1784 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 15:34 - May 1 by Darran

What?

Nirvana is from Seattle. Well, Aberdeen if you want to be technical.

I thought everyone knew that.
Sigurdsson on 15:46 - May 1 with 1766 viewsDarran

Sigurdsson on 15:42 - May 1 by Nirvana

Nirvana is from Seattle. Well, Aberdeen if you want to be technical.

I thought everyone knew that.

Look you cock you're not the twát that was playing with a shotgun even if you think you are so where are you really from?

Sigurdsson on 15:57 - May 1 with 1751 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 15:46 - May 1 by Darran

Look you cock you're not the twát that was playing with a shotgun even if you think you are so where are you really from?

Harsh Darran.

And no I'm not Kurt but I have used his band as my username on this forum in order to maintain my anonymity, the sole purpose of a username to begin with.

So the answer to your question would eliminate a bit of that, and I'll politely decline on those grounds.
Sigurdsson on 16:04 - May 1 with 1724 viewsDarran

Sigurdsson on 15:57 - May 1 by Nirvana

Harsh Darran.

And no I'm not Kurt but I have used his band as my username on this forum in order to maintain my anonymity, the sole purpose of a username to begin with.

So the answer to your question would eliminate a bit of that, and I'll politely decline on those grounds.

MMmm.

Sigurdsson on 16:17 - May 1 with 1695 viewsStarsky

Harsh Darran.

Don't tell him Pike

It's just the internet, init.

Sigurdsson on 16:49 - May 1 with 1621 viewsNeath_Jack

Sigurdsson on 16:04 - May 1 by Darran

MMmm.

Do you still not think he's Dav?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Sigurdsson on 18:45 - May 1 with 1527 viewsNirvana

To get back to the OP, some links to good articles below on Siggy and the draw from yesterday.

As always, he comes across as thoughtful, intelligent, professional, respectful and committed to the club. Sad day for us when he departs.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-gylf

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39764942

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farhad-moshiri-witne
Sigurdsson on 18:55 - May 1 with 1497 viewsTheKirkyLife

Sigurdsson on 18:45 - May 1 by Nirvana

To get back to the OP, some links to good articles below on Siggy and the draw from yesterday.

As always, he comes across as thoughtful, intelligent, professional, respectful and committed to the club. Sad day for us when he departs.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-gylf

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39764942

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farhad-moshiri-witne

He should be club captain after Leon, never Cork. It seems to all hinge on the Americans and what they can promise him if we stay up.
Sigurdsson on 18:57 - May 1 with 1487 viewspencoedjack

Sigurdsson on 16:08 - Apr 30 by E20Jack

This ^

Gylfi will be gone in the summer regardless .., he's too good to be playing in relegation battle, he almost single handedly has given us hope

We should hold out for as much as possible with the plaudits he gets in my opinion ( I know others will disagree) upwards of 22 million.

I just hope Jenkins is not reinvesting the money.
Sigurdsson on 19:10 - May 1 with 1449 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 18:55 - May 1 by TheKirkyLife

He should be club captain after Leon, never Cork. It seems to all hinge on the Americans and what they can promise him if we stay up.

Completely agree here.

Only positive is Levien has a history of being a good schmoozer, so maybe he can pull it off.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 19:10]
Sigurdsson on 19:14 - May 1 with 1431 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 18:57 - May 1 by pencoedjack

This ^

Gylfi will be gone in the summer regardless .., he's too good to be playing in relegation battle, he almost single handedly has given us hope

We should hold out for as much as possible with the plaudits he gets in my opinion ( I know others will disagree) upwards of 22 million.

I would agree with everything except the sum stated.

If we stay up, bare minimum £35m.
If we go down, I guess I'd have to begrudgingly accept £25m.

No less, though. Selling your crown jewel is the ultimate time to play hardball.
Sigurdsson on 20:13 - May 1 with 1325 viewsFireboy

Sigurdsson on 18:57 - May 1 by pencoedjack

This ^

Your last statement really scares me
Sigurdsson on 21:11 - May 1 with 1234 viewsSTID2017

Harsh Darran.

i can call myself Donald Duck - doesn't mean I'm from Disneyland.
Most on here have usernames for anonymity - it does follow that they are all linked to their background.
Is Starsky from California (don't know ?) or Lord Bony from the Ivory Coast ?
They may be as their usernames are, but it isn't a given

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sigurdsson on 21:44 - May 1 with 1181 viewsjack2jack

The one reason that Siggy has been criticized this season for his so called inconsistency,is the fact he's been played out of his best position, and more often than not been covering every blade of grass to help some of the team who just haven't been up to it.He is class, and without him we'd be royally fvcked, just my opinion.👍
He may well go in the summer, we will miss him, of that i have no doubt.
Sigurdsson on 22:36 - May 1 with 1126 viewsRunning_Man

Sigurdsson on 13:51 - May 1 by Nirvana

This discussion is always mind-boggling. Gylfi is the reason we are not far below Sunderland at this point, and has fought, run and cared more for this team then any other on that pitch. His contribution is even more impressive when considering the squad around him is mostly championship material.

It must be a subject for a psychology major why some "fans" on here constantly try their best to shit on him, definitely not deserved.

I hope we stay up, and I hope he will stay with us. Probably not likely, but one can hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024