Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Clear Out 12:52 - May 16 with 3864 viewsSS2013

Anyone you would remove / add to this list ? Agree / Disagree with prices

Gomis - 5M
Tabannou 2 M
Van der Hoorn 2M
Grimes 1M
Bartley 4M
Borja 8M
Brightitti Free
Barrow 4M
Emnes 1M

Potential 27M in recouped funds

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Summer Clear Out on 12:54 - May 16 with 2627 viewsWhiterockin

Wouldn't be surprised to see Amat go.
Summer Clear Out on 12:56 - May 16 with 2622 viewsSwanjaxs

Add .... Jenkins Dineen Morgan ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Summer Clear Out on 12:56 - May 16 with 2620 viewsLandore_Jack

Amat
Routledge
Dyer

#backtojack

Summer Clear Out on 12:58 - May 16 with 2604 viewsSwanjaxs

You can knock 3M off Barrow too

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Summer Clear Out on 12:58 - May 16 with 2602 viewsSS2013

Summer Clear Out on 12:56 - May 16 by Landore_Jack

Amat
Routledge
Dyer

I think Routs will stay, new contract and all.

How long has Nath got on his contract ?

What do you think Amat would fetch ?

Summer Clear Out on 13:08 - May 16 with 2559 viewsshandyjack

Emnes is out of contact

also don't buy into any of the talk, Gylfi and LLorente will not be here come end of the window. It all boils down to how hard a price we drive, personally i think £35m for the 2 would be a good return and i pray it all goes back into building up the team

Poll: Expectation for the season

Summer Clear Out on 13:09 - May 16 with 2557 viewsLandore_Jack

Summer Clear Out on 12:58 - May 16 by SS2013

I think Routs will stay, new contract and all.

How long has Nath got on his contract ?

What do you think Amat would fetch ?

Amat - 2.5M

Dyer and Routledge signed new contracts this season.

#backtojack

Summer Clear Out on 13:16 - May 16 with 2530 viewsChrisSCFC

Captain Jack.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Clear Out on 13:19 - May 16 with 2513 viewsSteensig

Better give somebody 1M for taking Franck whatshisname
Summer Clear Out on 14:20 - May 16 with 2392 viewsmajorraglan

I think some of those figures are a tad on the optimistic side, not sure we would get the figures you are quoting for Grimes, Tabannou, Barrow, Van der Horn and Emnes is a free agent. Gomis can score goals, but he hasn't done it for Swansea and I am not sure he will be able to going forward, I think knocking in 20 in France will put him in the shop window and maybe he will move on for a reasonable price.

I think Gylfi and Llorente will be gone, with Chelsea back in the Champions League they may look for a reserve striker, the rumours were there in January and if Conte stays in London I think he will come in for Llorente. GS could move to a top half Premier League team, maybe Everton. Amat may move on as well, I had hoped he would step up after Ashleigh Williams left, but it didn't happen it to be fair the team were under pressure from the off and it got worse until Clement came in.
Summer Clear Out on 14:31 - May 16 with 2362 viewseddie71

I would be looking for more for Borja otherwise we should keep him and see if Clem can work his magic. I think we should be getting more for Bartley too. I don't think we can get a million for Grimes as he would be heading back to League 1. Can't see VDH going for more than a million either.
Summer Clear Out on 14:34 - May 16 with 2353 viewsSS2013

Summer Clear Out on 14:20 - May 16 by majorraglan

I think some of those figures are a tad on the optimistic side, not sure we would get the figures you are quoting for Grimes, Tabannou, Barrow, Van der Horn and Emnes is a free agent. Gomis can score goals, but he hasn't done it for Swansea and I am not sure he will be able to going forward, I think knocking in 20 in France will put him in the shop window and maybe he will move on for a reasonable price.

I think Gylfi and Llorente will be gone, with Chelsea back in the Champions League they may look for a reserve striker, the rumours were there in January and if Conte stays in London I think he will come in for Llorente. GS could move to a top half Premier League team, maybe Everton. Amat may move on as well, I had hoped he would step up after Ashleigh Williams left, but it didn't happen it to be fair the team were under pressure from the off and it got worse until Clement came in.

Gylfi and LLorente aside, Do you think there's about 25M to recoupe ? Or far less ?

Summer Clear Out on 14:39 - May 16 with 2338 viewsSTID2017

Summer Clear Out on 14:20 - May 16 by majorraglan

I don't see why Chelsea would want a 34 year old when they have virtually any striker in the world.
Also don't see why Llorente would want to spend the rest of his career being a bench warmer. He doesn't seem like one who'll just grab the money, but I could be wrong.
As for Siggy, I honestly feel he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond. No top six club will sign him, so I hope we can persuade him his future is with us.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Summer Clear Out on 14:40 - May 16 with 2332 viewsyogibear_412

Can't argue with names put forward already.

I think for our club its important to get the wages right and it appears we are still paying people some handsome amounts for not much return.

Priority must be to get a fair few of the deadwood gone - I would be happy if we could keeo Gylfi and Llorente and go into the loan market like Bournemouth did with Ake/Wilshere.
Summer Clear Out on 14:47 - May 16 with 2308 viewsWhiterockin

Summer Clear Out on 14:39 - May 16 by STID2017

I don't see why Chelsea would want a 34 year old when they have virtually any striker in the world.
Also don't see why Llorente would want to spend the rest of his career being a bench warmer. He doesn't seem like one who'll just grab the money, but I could be wrong.
As for Siggy, I honestly feel he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond. No top six club will sign him, so I hope we can persuade him his future is with us.

If Barkley does not sign a new contract by the weekend Siggy is off to Everton.
Summer Clear Out on 14:53 - May 16 with 2285 viewsjack247

I'd take a chance on loaning Borja back to la Liga if we can find someone to cover his wages. If he can get a decent season playing the type of football that suits him, we may be able to recoup more of the £15m. It seems to have worked for Gomis, most would have been happy to give him a free this time last year, now we should get a few quid for him
Summer Clear Out on 14:56 - May 16 with 2272 viewsWhiterockin

Summer Clear Out on 14:53 - May 16 by jack247

I'd take a chance on loaning Borja back to la Liga if we can find someone to cover his wages. If he can get a decent season playing the type of football that suits him, we may be able to recoup more of the £15m. It seems to have worked for Gomis, most would have been happy to give him a free this time last year, now we should get a few quid for him

That seems a good solution but can we really afford to have £15M tied up for 12 months, not that we will get the full amount back.
Summer Clear Out on 15:09 - May 16 with 2235 viewsmagicdaps10

The following have either been a disappointment or been out on loan.
VDH 2M
AMAT 2M
BARTLEY 3M
KI 6M
MONTERO 5M
GOMIS 2M
TABANOU 1M
BARROW 3M
DYER 3M

Thats 27M to get
1 X RB
1 X CENTRE HALF
1 X MIDFIELDER
1 X WINGER

Think the club has to be more savvy in the getting players in who are under 21 that dont affect the 25 man squad. They need to get their scouting network sorted here and get players who have top flight experience in not so glamorous leagues who are ready to come in and push for a first team place, games under their belt and played regular against seasoned pros at a young age(18-20).
Croatia, Austria, Switzerland,Sweden, Czech Republic, Belgium...the list is endless. Wages would be no problem and the rewards could be great if they got the system spot on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Summer Clear Out on 15:12 - May 16 with 2224 viewspencoedjack

I'd add Narsingh to that list

Everything my PSV supporting mate said about him seems spot on .... in summary inconsistent & injury prone

Dyer / Bartley & to a lesser extent Routs being given new contracts makes me think the powers at the club thought we were going down.
Summer Clear Out on 15:12 - May 16 with 2224 viewsWhiterockin

Summer Clear Out on 15:09 - May 16 by magicdaps10

VDH 2M
AMAT 2M
BARTLEY 3M
KI 6M
MONTERO 5M
GOMIS 2M
TABANOU 1M
BARROW 3M
DYER 3M

Thats 27M to get
1 X RB
1 X CENTRE HALF
1 X MIDFIELDER
1 X WINGER

Think the club has to be more savvy in the getting players in who are under 21 that dont affect the 25 man squad. They need to get their scouting network sorted here and get players who have top flight experience in not so glamorous leagues who are ready to come in and push for a first team place, games under their belt and played regular against seasoned pros at a young age(18-20).
Croatia, Austria, Switzerland,Sweden, Czech Republic, Belgium...the list is endless. Wages would be no problem and the rewards could be great if they got the system spot on.

No forward or would you persevere with Borja.
Summer Clear Out on 15:15 - May 16 with 2211 viewsjack247

Summer Clear Out on 14:56 - May 16 by Whiterockin

That seems a good solution but can we really afford to have £15M tied up for 12 months, not that we will get the full amount back.

That's the point, we haven't got £15m tied up. If we could get near that I'd be looking to sell him now.
Summer Clear Out on 15:21 - May 16 with 2185 viewsmagicdaps10

Summer Clear Out on 15:12 - May 16 by Whiterockin

No forward or would you persevere with Borja.

I think Borja will go but i would be up for giving him a chance.........is he willing to stay!?!

I based my list on what i think we need to get rid off. There are a few others i have thought could go but have my reasons for wanting to keep (Routledge/Cork).

The market of the younger players based around the world is a market that we have been very poor in. Ultimately you can get them cheap enough and the resale could be massive.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Summer Clear Out on 15:24 - May 16 with 2168 viewsLandore_Jack

Summer Clear Out on 15:09 - May 16 by magicdaps10

VDH 2M
AMAT 2M
BARTLEY 3M
KI 6M
MONTERO 5M
GOMIS 2M
TABANOU 1M
BARROW 3M
DYER 3M

Thats 27M to get
1 X RB
1 X CENTRE HALF
1 X MIDFIELDER
1 X WINGER

What about Emnes?

#backtojack

Summer Clear Out on 15:26 - May 16 with 2163 viewsmissingmel

2M for VDH - try 200 K max - pile of poo
4M for Barrow - try 2M max - been poor on loan
8M for Borja - try 1M max - where did you get 8M from LOLOLOL
Summer Clear Out on 15:29 - May 16 with 2157 viewsmajorraglan

Summer Clear Out on 14:34 - May 16 by SS2013

Gylfi and LLorente aside, Do you think there's about 25M to recoupe ? Or far less ?

Personally I think we are more likely to get between £13m and £19m.
I don't read the Leeds sites, but some of the posters on here have and it seems the Leeds fans weren't overly impressed with Grimes, I think Swansea paid north of a £1m, I reckon he could go for half that.
Tabannou has played 6 games for Granada, whether that's because of form or injuries I don't know, but it doesn't suggest we'd get £2m for him, may not get anything! VDH - £1m, Gomis, last year of his contract, big wages (approx £80k per week if TransferMarkt is to be believe) 32 this summer, can score - £3.5m. Outside of the Premier League, there aren't many clubs who could afford his 80k per week and I am not sure Gomis would be a player the clubs who could afford the wages would be chasing because of his age. Barrow £1m, Bartley £4m, Baston £8m, Emnes is out of contract and therefore we get nothing. That's about £17m, I hope I am wrong and the club can get more but I wouldn't hold my breath.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024