Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Yesterday 09:52 - Apr 23 with 3074 viewsSTID2017

I have to say here and now I thought that Leon had played his last PL match for us.
However, his introduction into the team yesterday, whether inspired or forced through injuries, was just the fillip we needed.
He led by example and thoroughly deserved the standing ovation when he went off..
Totally gutted for Fer yesterday - you could see how much he wanted to carry on - but felt Ki had one of his best games for us.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leon Yesterday on 10:08 - Apr 23 with 2635 viewsicecoldjack

Love Leon to bits, should have been replaced 2 yrs ago with him having the odd cameo now and again, the fact he is still seen as the answer is a huge indication of how fooked up our running of this club has been.

Stoke were thankfully not interested yesterday so it made for steady introduction for Leon, he does his job like no other, and even with his powers on the wane is still a lovely footballer, time is catching up with him though and it's a shame for him,rangel and routs that they are still preferred options after 6 yrs of premier league football, they should be bit part players and enjoying the odd game with no pressure.

So much for footballing principles,DOF ,next level and putting SCFC first eh Huw ?
Leon Yesterday on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 2583 viewsJackBishop

Leon is the bees knees. Why the furck does it take every manager ages to realise the truth. He is our Makalele and Kante, the best we have had and got.
It is not his fault that he would not be considered by any other Prem teams.
WE NEED HIM, PLAY HIM!!
Leon Yesterday on 10:31 - Apr 23 with 2552 viewsDarran

Leon Yesterday on 10:08 - Apr 23 by icecoldjack

Love Leon to bits, should have been replaced 2 yrs ago with him having the odd cameo now and again, the fact he is still seen as the answer is a huge indication of how fooked up our running of this club has been.

Stoke were thankfully not interested yesterday so it made for steady introduction for Leon, he does his job like no other, and even with his powers on the wane is still a lovely footballer, time is catching up with him though and it's a shame for him,rangel and routs that they are still preferred options after 6 yrs of premier league football, they should be bit part players and enjoying the odd game with no pressure.

So much for footballing principles,DOF ,next level and putting SCFC first eh Huw ?

Utter nonsense he's still good enough. He's looked after himself and keeps himself in good shape. He should be the first name on the team sheet and there's nothing to say he couldn't go on for a couple of more seasons.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leon Yesterday on 11:03 - Apr 23 with 2472 viewsicecoldjack

Leon Yesterday on 10:31 - Apr 23 by Darran

Utter nonsense he's still good enough. He's looked after himself and keeps himself in good shape. He should be the first name on the team sheet and there's nothing to say he couldn't go on for a couple of more seasons.

This is exactly why the club's in a mess, happy clappers thinking leon will go on forever and refusing to see the obvious, pretty much like the board running us down for the last 2 yrs and people such as yourself and the trust watching it all unfold while sticking the head in the sand.

Not saying he's lost all his powers just that they arn't what they once were, against a Stoke side who were in the departure lounge ready for hollibobs thats ok but against stronger players he struggles to last the pace.

In case you haven't noticed, the Swansea way of playing is now a distant memory thanks to your mate Monk, which also leaves Leon's best football behind too.

I love him to bits, one of the greatest ever for us and hope he can keep going at a high level for a long time but the reality is very different, if we returned to our continental style of play once again it will prolong his football life but there arn't many signs of that under clement so far.
Leon Yesterday on 11:16 - Apr 23 with 2446 viewsDarran

Leon Yesterday on 11:03 - Apr 23 by icecoldjack

This is exactly why the club's in a mess, happy clappers thinking leon will go on forever and refusing to see the obvious, pretty much like the board running us down for the last 2 yrs and people such as yourself and the trust watching it all unfold while sticking the head in the sand.

Not saying he's lost all his powers just that they arn't what they once were, against a Stoke side who were in the departure lounge ready for hollibobs thats ok but against stronger players he struggles to last the pace.

In case you haven't noticed, the Swansea way of playing is now a distant memory thanks to your mate Monk, which also leaves Leon's best football behind too.

I love him to bits, one of the greatest ever for us and hope he can keep going at a high level for a long time but the reality is very different, if we returned to our continental style of play once again it will prolong his football life but there arn't many signs of that under clement so far.

Tell you what I'll ask you a polite question and you see if you can give a polite answer.

Who's said he can go on forever?

Leon Yesterday on 11:16 - Apr 23 with 2445 viewsPrivate_Partz

He keeps doing it all the time. He is coming to the end of his career, and needs to be used sparingly, but he is still a valuable squad member
He was instrumental in keeping us in the Football League. Let's hope he is the same in keeping us in the Premier therby ensuring his Legend status.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon Yesterday on 11:19 - Apr 23 with 2434 viewsDarran

Leon Yesterday on 11:16 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

He keeps doing it all the time. He is coming to the end of his career, and needs to be used sparingly, but he is still a valuable squad member
He was instrumental in keeping us in the Football League. Let's hope he is the same in keeping us in the Premier therby ensuring his Legend status.

Couldn't agree more Giggs was winning the PL at 40 FFS.

Leon Yesterday on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 2398 viewsSgorioFruit

its quite simple.

if we want to stay up then PLAY LEON EVERY GAME IF FIT

hard to understand anyone? I cant see why

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Yesterday on 11:31 - Apr 23 with 2396 viewsTheFranchise

If he's fit, he plays. That should have always been the plan.
Leon Yesterday on 11:48 - Apr 23 with 2368 viewsjacabertawe

Leon Yesterday on 11:31 - Apr 23 by TheFranchise

If he's fit, he plays. That should have always been the plan.

Absolutely.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Leon Yesterday on 12:07 - Apr 23 with 2322 viewsItchySphincter

Not being funny Ants but weren't you one of the plonkers that thought Canas was the answer a few years back?

Canas FFS?! Nearly as bad as Ki.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leon Yesterday on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 2290 viewsEbo

Heard that Leon gave out 25 copies of Jack to a king to players after training on Friday. I was sceptical at hearing this, but it was true as Trundle said it Friday night at a function at Aberdare Town FC with Andy Robinson.
Not a fan of the film but if it got players thinking and inspired...

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Leon Yesterday on 12:30 - Apr 23 with 2253 viewscanhecatchit

Michael Carrick is a year older than Leon yet I don't see anyone saying he should have been replaced a few years ago by anyone. Good squad player stl=ill and plays regularly !

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Leon Yesterday on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 2216 viewsGriffting

Leon Yesterday on 12:30 - Apr 23 by canhecatchit

Michael Carrick is a year older than Leon yet I don't see anyone saying he should have been replaced a few years ago by anyone. Good squad player stl=ill and plays regularly !

Defoe is also the same age as Britts and is still banging goals in for a struggling team.. and playing for the international side.
Britton clearly looks after himself and hasn't showed signs of struggling in games so should really be in the starting line up for the rest of the season at least.
Leon Yesterday on 12:49 - Apr 23 with 2200 viewsLoyal

He was replaced two years ago, by Jack Cork.
Then Tom Carrol. He is a hard act to follow.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leon Yesterday on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 2105 viewsClinton

Leon's positioning and some of his interceptions were excellent yesterday.
Our tempo improves when he plays too.
I acknowledge he will not last too much longer, and occasionally he has looked like he was running in treacle when getting back against some of the quicker players.
Use him while we can, and use him sensibly.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Leon Yesterday on 14:17 - Apr 23 with 2035 viewsaberhugh

Always on the team sheet for me since he has been at the club. No accident he was Britain's most expensive teenager. Sharp brain, quick feet courage of slion to takee on anybody no matter their size. Take note a lot if the sh*thouses who are on the park at present. Clement should have picked him everytime he was fit. Let us hope he is not shortist!
Leon Yesterday on 14:21 - Apr 23 with 2021 viewsJonTheJack

Such a massive difference when he plays instead of Cork. Purely because the ball moves so much quicker when he's picking it up. Carroll is similar and I have high hopes he can get close to what Leon was at his peak.

Ki, whilst he has rightfully been bashed for this entire season has looked much improved over the past couple of games, and has shown a bit of drive.

I'd stick with those three for the next game, although we may be forced into that due to injuries.
Leon Yesterday on 16:07 - Apr 23 with 1846 viewsATFV

http://atfv.co.uk/2017/04/britts-brings-trousers/
Leon Yesterday on 16:08 - Apr 23 with 1842 views34dfgdf54

Plays every game from now until end of season.

Cork couldn't lace his boots.
Leon Yesterday on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 1744 viewsSgorioFruit

Leon Yesterday on 16:08 - Apr 23 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Leon Yesterday on 22:20 - Apr 23 with 1535 viewsbonymine

Leon Yesterday on 16:08 - Apr 23 by 34dfgdf54

Brings everything to a game that Cork doesn't and what hasn't been there for some time ;

Zip/tempo/speed of play

Short simple passes to create good possession

And they say football is a simple game ? 😂😉😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Leon Yesterday on 08:04 - Apr 24 with 1363 viewsTheFranchise

Leon Yesterday on 22:20 - Apr 23 by bonymine

Brings everything to a game that Cork doesn't and what hasn't been there for some time ;

Zip/tempo/speed of play

Short simple passes to create good possession

And they say football is a simple game ? 😂😉😂

He's always an option for the person on the ball, he's a satellite for our game.
Leon Yesterday on 09:39 - Apr 24 with 1264 viewsLeonWasGod

Leon Yesterday on 10:25 - Apr 23 by JackBishop

Leon is the bees knees. Why the furck does it take every manager ages to realise the truth. He is our Makalele and Kante, the best we have had and got.
It is not his fault that he would not be considered by any other Prem teams.
WE NEED HIM, PLAY HIM!!

Indeed. And the worry still has to be that Clement may not have realised it yet either. I've a sneaky suspicion that as soon as Jack is fit he'll be straight back in the team. Hope I'm wrong, obviously, as Leon is still our heartbeat.
Leon Yesterday on 09:51 - Apr 24 with 1246 viewsjacabertawe

It really pees me off when posters harp on about Leon's age as a barrier to his continued immense contribution to the team. He is probably a damn sight fitter than many other players ten years his junior and without a fraction of Leon's work rate and commitment.
For crying out loud, he may not be able to last the whole ninety minutes physically, but so what?
The odd blip aside, when has Leon ever let us down?
He must start every game from now until the end of the season.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024