Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis 17:41 - Apr 21 with 2065 viewsswancity

From the first team coaching duties.

Especially in adversity he's proved time and time gain that he can motivate players and others around him. With his history at our Club his enthusiasm at these difficult times was infectious.

I'm sure he'd have had some words of wisdom around the squad this week and crucially at 2-55 tomorrow. 👍

Another bad and costly move this season.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 17:47 - Apr 21 with 2039 viewsDarran

I think that's nonsense myself and there's no bigger Curt fan than me.

The new manager came in and wanted his own team around him,end of.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 17:54 - Apr 21 with 2021 viewsjack2jack

With all due respect to other posters opinions,maybe PC could do with Curt's PL experience,just a thought! I understand why he wanted a clean sweep,the manner of Curts removal was a little distasteful and disrespectful for me.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 1957 viewsLoyal

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 17:47 - Apr 21 by Darran

Your a fan of a man ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 1906 viewsPURe_Evil

Curt was at training today.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 18:51 - Apr 21 with 1874 viewstomdickharry

Garry Monk ditched Curt with of course the approval of those in high places and we all know what happened next.Mr Clement ditched Curt with of course the approval of those in high places we still await what happened next.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 19:16 - Apr 21 with 1815 viewsDr_Winston

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 18:51 - Apr 21 by tomdickharry

Garry Monk ditched Curt with of course the approval of those in high places and we all know what happened next.Mr Clement ditched Curt with of course the approval of those in high places we still await what happened next.

Curt was here for the duration of Bradley. We all know what happened there too.

Curt is an all time club legend but as a coach he makes a great cup of tea. Let's not pretend that he's Rinus Michels and let Clement get on with his job without clamouring for someone to be added to his team for no reason other than sentiment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 19:30 - Apr 21 with 1771 viewsbyron

No coincidence he was there in the background thru the rise up, I reckon we should have kept him on in that old style anfield boot room sequel theory of continuity and stability.....no surprise when we flourished last season when he took over for a bit....

Benny

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:01 - Apr 21 with 1706 viewsnantywatcher

I think PC needs a sounding board and Curt is ready made for that job. Does anyone think if Curt had been on the touchline against 'Boto we would not have made some positive changes to win the game? PC needs help,dithering and making non-decisions has got us into this mess.
Login to get fewer ads

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:10 - Apr 21 with 1680 viewsOldjack

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:01 - Apr 21 by nantywatcher

I think PC needs a sounding board and Curt is ready made for that job. Does anyone think if Curt had been on the touchline against 'Boto we would not have made some positive changes to win the game? PC needs help,dithering and making non-decisions has got us into this mess.

along with bone-idle lack lustred performances from the players ,which again is down to PC .I'm not holding much hope of us beating the drop if PC can't get blood sweat and tears out of them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:24 - Apr 21 with 1646 viewsjack2jack

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:10 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

along with bone-idle lack lustred performances from the players ,which again is down to PC .I'm not holding much hope of us beating the drop if PC can't get blood sweat and tears out of them

What i don't get is this new manager bounce bollox,what's happened since then,i just don't get it.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:28 - Apr 21 with 1612 viewsspiderboy

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 18:39 - Apr 21 by PURe_Evil

Curt was at training today.

Well lets hope he brings his boots tomorow
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:28 - Apr 21 with 1609 viewswestside

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:24 - Apr 21 by jack2jack

What i don't get is this new manager bounce bollox,what's happened since then,i just don't get it.

Maybe the players didn't like Clement's little laps of honour at the liberty taking all the credit for himself after a couple of wins instead of giving credit to the players
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 1598 viewsOldjack

He needs to get angry with them if they fuk up ,all this fannnying around with the team is getting us nowhere now ,first half against the Hammers was as sleep walking as it gets ,and those fukers were there for the taking ,i was livid

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 1582 viewsjack2jack

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:28 - Apr 21 by westside

Maybe the players didn't like Clement's little laps of honour at the liberty taking all the credit for himself after a couple of wins instead of giving credit to the players

Well whatever it is,it needs sorting big time tomorrow, everyone needs to step up to the plate, and start performing.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:37 - Apr 21 with 1577 viewsmorningstar

There are different levels of 'bounce back ability'. Some hated their manager and wanted him out so then immediately improve under their new gaffer, then you get the teams who really are badly lead, and it takes a few games for the new guy too sort things out. And then you get us, a load of shithead big time Charlies who think they've been badly lead, so then give a 100% to impress the new guy, but quickly revert too type when the going gets tough because they are indeed shithead big time Charlies.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:51 - Apr 21 with 1509 viewsjack2jack

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 20:37 - Apr 21 by morningstar

There are different levels of 'bounce back ability'. Some hated their manager and wanted him out so then immediately improve under their new gaffer, then you get the teams who really are badly lead, and it takes a few games for the new guy too sort things out. And then you get us, a load of shithead big time Charlies who think they've been badly lead, so then give a 100% to impress the new guy, but quickly revert too type when the going gets tough because they are indeed shithead big time Charlies.

Must be nice to pick and choose when to perform, i mean they are only on 20k a week FFS. If i walk away from The Liberty tomorrow and they haven't given everything for the fans I'll be asking for a refund.
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 01:29 - Apr 22 with 1279 viewsswancity

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 17:47 - Apr 21 by Darran

Of course he wanted his own team around him and that's right

But it's not 'end of' as you try to claim

Theres always a balance. It's usual practice for a new manager to also want the help and advice of existing long serving respected personnel at the Club as this often helps to win over fans

Curtis would be the man wanted and needed now. It's a disgrace that he was farmed out on a nothing role. God help us if that's how we now treat legends. And no one at Swansea City deserves that title any more than AC.

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 01:33 - Apr 22 with 1277 viewsdameedna

Nah
Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 01:46 - Apr 22 with 1266 viewsswancity

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 19:16 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

Curt was here for the duration of Bradley. We all know what happened there too.

Curt is an all time club legend but as a coach he makes a great cup of tea. Let's not pretend that he's Rinus Michels and let Clement get on with his job without clamouring for someone to be added to his team for no reason other than sentiment.

Come on jobs even you must understand it's all hands to the pump right now and all the help that our players can get will help. It's obvious that they need some extra motivation from someone or something. Youve probably never been a part of a Club at any level to understand that long time servants of a particular Club can be a massive help especially in adversity. Especially when that team has no leaders on the pitch.

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 02:02 - Apr 22 with 1253 viewsattila_the_hun

we would already be safe if we went for Redknapp over PC

"I'm Free"

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 04:42 - Apr 22 with 1227 viewsRuDeMan1970

In my line of work we say there is absolutely no substitute for 'local knowledge'. For me, the same applies to the running of SCFC. Both Curt and Leon have this in spades and it is unforgiveable the way that both have been isolated - Curt more so than Leon - from the day-to-day on-field business. Is it because Clement has - Derby aside - only been a no.2 and now wants so much control that it could be to the detriment of the club's future? And is he suffering from 'Jackett Syndrome' whereby he sees a challenge / threat to his position from within the club. For Jackett considering Martinez as a threat and forcing him onto the periphery, see Clement being challenged by Leon and - to a lesser extent - Curt.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 4:45]

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 07:25 - Apr 22 with 1141 viewsDr_Winston

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 04:42 - Apr 22 by RuDeMan1970

In my line of work we say there is absolutely no substitute for 'local knowledge'. For me, the same applies to the running of SCFC. Both Curt and Leon have this in spades and it is unforgiveable the way that both have been isolated - Curt more so than Leon - from the day-to-day on-field business. Is it because Clement has - Derby aside - only been a no.2 and now wants so much control that it could be to the detriment of the club's future? And is he suffering from 'Jackett Syndrome' whereby he sees a challenge / threat to his position from within the club. For Jackett considering Martinez as a threat and forcing him onto the periphery, see Clement being challenged by Leon and - to a lesser extent - Curt.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 4:45]

Jackett moved Martinez out because he thought he was a sneaky little f*cker, a belief more than vindicated by the fullness of time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bad move to exclude Alan Curtis on 09:23 - Apr 22 with 1043 viewsBillyChong

Curtis was sitting in the North West corner for the Spurs game with whom I presume was his wife/partner so I doubt he has any involvement on matchday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024